IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 25th February 2008, 10:49 AM   #1
BigAl
Philosopher

OpEdNews: FBI Says Barbara Olsen didn't Call Ted

AS far as I looked, this just turned into a loop of URLs. I didn't find the
meat of the claim that would support the headline.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/ope...1_news_3a_.htm

February 20, 2008 at 13:53:26

BREAKING 9/11 NEWS: FBI Says Barbara Olsen Did Not Call Ted Olsen.
Bush Solicitor General LIED !!

Nationally syndicated talk show host Charles Goyette uncovered blockbuster information in his drive-time interview with author David Ray Griffin.

A center piece of the increasingly apparent
Edited by tim:  Please refrain from bad language.
story our government and corporate media have fed us for six long years was a complete fabrication!

We were fed a lie by Ted Olsen who served as Solictor General for the Bush Administration, when on 9/11 he held a press conference to tell America and the world that his dead wife had called him before her demise from the jet she was on that had just been hijacked.
Now we know why it didn't smell right. It was a lie. The FBI has reported that no such call between Barbara Olsen and Ted Olsen ever took place on 9/11/2001.

Find links to the entire interviews of February 19, 2008, at:
http://www.911blogger.com/node/13946

Last edited by tim; 27th February 2008 at 01:12 AM.
BigAl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2008, 10:53 AM   #2
boloboffin

This is a DRG claim and I think it's being discussed here. I know it's being discussed at DU.

Bottom line: DRG says FBI says BO didn't call TO.

FBI actually says 4 unknown calls from 77 and identifies none of them as BO's, not that BO didn't call TO.

DRG lies again. I guess when you're about to publish your seventh 9/11 book, you gotta hype something. Retirements don't pay for themselves!

Last edited by boloboffin; 25th February 2008 at 10:54 AM.
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2008, 10:54 AM   #3
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

So, the FBI is not in on the conspiracy now?
Old 25th February 2008, 10:56 AM   #4
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

The purpose of this is to sell books of woo.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2008, 10:58 AM   #5
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

So the "BREAKING 9/11 NEWS" is from the Moussaoui trial evidence. Barely two years old!

Well, at least they are starting to actually read the evidence.
Old 25th February 2008, 11:07 AM   #6
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

There were 4 very long calls that came from Flight 77, none of them with an identified caller according to the Moussauoi trial data.

9:15:34 - 102 seconds
9:20:15 - 274 seconds
9:24:48 - 159 seconds
9:30:56 - 260 seconds

The only call on record, from the trial data, attributed to Barbara Olsen is an unconnected call (lasts 0 seconds).

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2008, 11:15 AM   #7
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted

Guys, I'm a bit hazy on this specific issue. I thought that the argument was that Barbara Olsen was shown to not have called from an Airphone, but that the call must have been from a cell. Do I have that right?

There's so much stuff to remember...

ETA: Oh, wait... http://911myths.com/html/barbara_olson.html... found the info I was looking for.

Quote:
He says he doesn't know what kind of phone she used, but he has "assumed that it must have been on the airplane phone, and that she somehow didn't have access to her credit cards. Otherwise, she would have used her cell phone and called me." [Fox News, 9/14/01] But in another interview on the same day, he says that she used a cell phone and that she may have gotten cut off "because the signals from cell phones coming from airplanes don't work that well." [CNN, 9/14/01 (C)] Six months later, he claims she called collect "using the phone in the passengers' seats."
So in other words, it's unresolved.

Last edited by ElMondoHummus; 25th February 2008 at 11:23 AM.
ElMondoHummus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2008, 11:27 AM   #8
ElMondoHummus

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
There were 4 very long calls that came from Flight 77, none of them with an identified caller according to the Moussauoi trial data.

The only call on record, from the trial data, attributed to Barbara Olsen is an unconnected call (lasts 0 seconds).

TAM
Again, I'm hazy on this, but: Can we safely say that the consensus is that one of these "unidentified callers" must be the Olsen call?

Also: I'm going to go through the Moussauoi trial evidence later and see if I can dig up the stuff specific to the calls. I simply don't remember any of this stuff; there's just to durn muchto remember. Anyone got a good link to something with layman-level summaries? If not, I'll just (*gack!*) locate the raw presentations and deal with it.
Old 25th February 2008, 11:35 AM   #9
boloboffin

There are two calls of Barbara's that went through to Ted. All four calls are thought to be Barbara's. However, the Moussaoui exhibit labels them all to an unknown number.

At DU, someone suggested that Barbara used the airphone system to get through to an operator and call her husband's office collect. If that's so, then each time she would be dealing with a different operator, having to explain the situation each time, keeping her voice low and hanging up if the hijackers seemed to notice what she was doing.

However, someone else brought up another airphone call that went through the operator, and that number is listed. I don't know why these numbers are listed as "unknown" since they know the length of the calls.

I can't imagine that Barbara wouldn't have called her husband, the Solicitor General. The FBI interviews found no other family member that reported a call besides Ted Olson and the family of Renee May. May's came from her cellphone. Therefore by elimination, these four are from Barbara.
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2008, 11:37 AM   #10
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ElMondoHummus View Post
Again, I'm hazy on this, but: Can we safely say that the consensus is that one of these "unidentified callers" must be the Olsen call?

Also: I'm going to go through the Moussauoi trial evidence later and see if I can dig up the stuff specific to the calls. I simply don't remember any of this stuff; there's just to durn muchto remember. Anyone got a good link to something with layman-level summaries? If not, I'll just (*gack!*) locate the raw presentations and deal with it.
There is a flash animation that covers the phone calls, the hijackers' seat locations, the passengers' seat locations, etc; it even has audio of Cee Cee Lyles call to her husband, and Betty Ong's call to American Airlines.

This is ancient history trying to be pushed as big news.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2008, 11:37 AM   #11
ElMondoHummus

Ahhh. Thanks, man!
Old 25th February 2008, 12:09 PM   #12
AMTMAN
Muse

How could she have made any calls at all? According to DRG the phones were deactivated. Oh that's right, they were fully operational. Seems like he gets more and more confused with each interview.

Here is a diagram of a Boeing 767. I see numerous potential exit points. For example, the Nose Gear Door.... A-Train on "potential" exits on a 767.

Last edited by AMTMAN; 25th February 2008 at 12:09 PM.
AMTMAN is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2008, 12:26 PM   #13
ElMondoHummus

Wow, that OpEd News piece was the Pepsi Zero of substance. "Lies, all lies!"... "Because Bush told you!"...

Sheesh.

Anyway, let me get this straight about Griffin: He's now claiming that the list of calls he insists couldn't have happened now prove that a specific one didn't happen? Have I got that right? Because if he's invoking the FBI evidence, he's admitting that their evidence regarding passenger calls is valid, therefore he's admitting that other calls did in fact take place.

How is it that this logical contradiction loop doesn't send him into cognitive dissonance? The magnitude of observational selectivity necessary to hold both the "can't call" and "FBI records prove Olsen didn't call" opinions simultaneously is beyond belief.
Old 25th February 2008, 12:32 PM   #14
TC329
Banned

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post

TAM
And let me guess you don't think the FBI can identify the 4 numbers on the recipient end, right?

These 4 calls would be cleared up instantly by anyone who access to the information.

If you identify the recipient, you identify the caller. But for some reason the FBI doesn't want you to know who called who 4 times from the plane.......

Naturally the government withholding evidence is always acceptable to you TAM.

TC329 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2008, 12:37 PM   #15
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TC329 View Post
And let me guess you don't think the FBI can identify the 4 numbers on the recipient end, right?

These 4 calls would be cleared up instantly by anyone who access to the information.

If you identify the recipient, you identify the caller. But for some reason the FBI doesn't want you to know who called who 4 times from the plane.......

Naturally the government withholding evidence is always acceptable to you TAM.

So, why don't you post your phone number so everyone here can check if you were the one calling?

Here in the US, we do slightly more than just pay lip-service to the concept of "Privacy".
There is no overwhelming need to know, here.
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2008, 03:27 PM   #16
TC329
Banned

Originally Posted by rwguinn View Post
So, why don't you post your phone number so everyone here can check if you were the one calling?

Here in the US, we do slightly more than just pay lip-service to the concept of "Privacy".
There is no overwhelming need to know, here.
Every phone call is marked from the location of the plane the call was made (i.e. row 25 seats DEF), the length of the call, the recipients name, & phone number like this : 412-656-XXXX (last 4 deleted for privacy).

You could actually look at the evidence or continue to run your mouth with ignorance.

Now anyone else want to take a guess as to why they are withholding this information?

Also note - Flight 93 passenger Ed Felt who made a 78 second call to Westmoreland County 911 does not have the length, nor the time of his call listed in the presentation.

Feel free to explain why that is too almighty "debunkers".......
TC329 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2008, 03:30 PM   #17
hellaeon
Graduate Poster

TC329,

Rather then just not say anything about the unknown calls from a couple of illuminati agents, I am assuming its the FBI once again putting out some obviously suspect information just to tantalize the truthers and make it even more obvious that they helped do it. Help you and the others join those dots to lines...

Last edited by hellaeon; 25th February 2008 at 03:32 PM.
hellaeon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2008, 03:34 PM   #18
TC329
Banned

Sarcasm doesn't explain any anomaly.
Old 25th February 2008, 03:37 PM   #19
hellaeon
Graduate Poster

perhaps - oh my god - the calls did not connect properly....Ever worked with mobile phones?

I still think they are just releasing little tidbits of suspicious information to tease the public...you know like a schoolyard bully...
hellaeon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2008, 03:41 PM   #20
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
There is a flash animation that covers the phone calls, the hijackers' seat locations, the passengers' seat locations, etc; it even has audio of Cee Cee Lyles call to her husband, and Betty Ong's call to American Airlines.

That is correct. The data I provided above was from that flash animation. the trouble, causing the truther frothing, is that these 4 calls are listed in the flash animation as "Unknown caller". the only call listed as from "Barbara Olson" in that animation, is the unconnected one.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2008, 03:44 PM   #21
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ElMondoHummus View Post
Wow, that OpEd News piece was the Pepsi Zero of substance. "Lies, all lies!"... "Because Bush told you!"...

Sheesh.

Anyway, let me get this straight about Griffin: He's now claiming that the list of calls he insists couldn't have happened now prove that a specific one didn't happen? Have I got that right? Because if he's invoking the FBI evidence, he's admitting that their evidence regarding passenger calls is valid, therefore he's admitting that other calls did in fact take place.

How is it that this logical contradiction loop doesn't send him into cognitive dissonance? The magnitude of observational selectivity necessary to hold both the "can't call" and "FBI records prove Olsen didn't call" opinions simultaneously is beyond belief.
Because he is the granddaddy of truthers, and like all of them, he is not interested in the logic, or the pieces fitting. He merely wants to sew seeds of doubt through pointing to alleged inconsistencies, even when two of them may contradict each other.

TAM
Old 25th February 2008, 05:26 PM   #22
Walter Ego
Illuminator

Item P200018

Summary from Flight 11: identity of pilots and flight attendants, seat assignments of passengers, and telephone calls from the flight.

Item P200054

Summary of Flight 77 depicting: the identity of pilots and flight attendants, seat assignments of passengers, and telephone calls from the flight.

Item P200055

Summary from Flight 93 depicting: the identity of pilots and flight attendants, seat assignments of passengers, and telephone calls from the flight .

http://www.vaed.uscourts.gov/notable...osecution.html
Walter Ego is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2008, 05:39 PM   #23
TC329
Banned

Originally Posted by hellaeon View Post
perhaps - oh my god - the calls did not connect properly....Ever worked with mobile phones?

Everything seems to disagree with your conclusion.........
Old 25th February 2008, 07:17 PM   #24
hellaeon
Graduate Poster

Ok I forgot TC 329, you view words a unique way

Connect properly would be everything that could be considered where a voice to voice conversation is made. This can but may not always include a connection that only establishes a link but fails to go further for some reason.

Why are you bothering trying to pull apart what I said? Its been answered

Quote:
Kind of sums this up for me. In one moment you claim one thing, then in the next use what you claim as false as truth to help another claim.

Dont blame me for you failures.
Old 25th February 2008, 07:39 PM   #25
pomeroo
Banned

Every phone call is marked from the location of the plane the call was made (i.e. row 25 seats DEF), the length of the call, the recipients name, & phone number like this : 412-656-XXXX (last 4 deleted for privacy).

You could actually look at the evidence or continue to run your mouth with ignorance.

Now anyone else want to take a guess as to why they are withholding this information?

Also note - Flight 93 passenger Ed Felt who made a 78 second call to Westmoreland County 911 does not have the length, nor the time of his call listed in the presentation.

Feel free to explain why that is too almighty "debunkers".......

In order to pretend that Barbara Olson didn't make any calls, you must acknowledge that all the other calls were real. Excellent work. Your evil movement is proud of your effort.

Do you hear that singing? It's the fat lady.
pomeroo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2008, 09:44 PM   #26
JamesB
Master Poster

Originally Posted by pomeroo View Post
In order to pretend that Barbara Olson didn't make any calls, you must acknowledge that all the other calls were real. Excellent work. Your evil movement is proud of your effort.

I asked this of the troofers over on the old blog. No surprise, I didn't get a response.

Quote:
What does this mean, however? There are only a few options.

A. None of the phone calls ever took place. The FBI, under penalty of perjury, on a massive scale (over 7,000 agents where involved in the investigation at one point) made up the record of the dozens of phone calls for the trial, but then decided for some bizarre reason to incriminate themselves by saying that Barbara Olson's call was not connected, despite the fact that this phone call was widely publicized for years before the trial.

B. All of the phone calls but Barbara Olson's took place, and Ted Olson, for some strange reason decided to lie about it. That would be weird, but dozens of phone calls reporting hijackings hardly supports Griffin's case.

C. All of the phone calls, including Barbara Olson's took place, but for some reason (typo, computer error) it was reported as disconnected. There is also the strong possibility that since it was a a collect call, it may not have been recorded on a per minute basis like the other calls.
Maybe I will get more luck here. Which is it?
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2008, 10:15 PM   #27
TC329
Banned

Originally Posted by pomeroo View Post

Why doesn't the FBI list the phone number(s) and identity(ies) of the recipients?
Old 25th February 2008, 10:26 PM   #28
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

I listened to Goyette's Griffin interview on an MP3 today, and he does the "Oh, my gosh, are you kidding me?" routine, so some troofer is convinced that finally the great breakthrough has arrived. But in the end this is classic case of what I call the sacred list fallacy. The idea that the troofers really seem to believe is that the government pulled off this incredibly complex plot to murder thousands of people and they concealed it really well, but they forgot to update this one list somewhere, and because they can't update that list without really getting into trouble, they don't.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2008, 10:45 PM   #29
TC329
Banned

I listened to Goyette's Griffin interview on an MP3 today, and he does the "Oh, my gosh, are you kidding me?" routine, so some troofer is convinced that finally the great breakthrough has arrived. But in the end this is classic case of what I call the sacred list fallacy. The idea that the troofers really seem to believe is that the government pulled off this incredibly complex plot to murder thousands of people and they concealed it really well, but they forgot to update this one list somewhere, and because they can't update that list without really getting into trouble, they don't.
So after you cut through all the ******** your answer is that you don't know.
Old 26th February 2008, 03:15 AM   #30
chillzero
Penultimate Amazing

Why doesn't the FBI list the phone number(s) and identity(ies) of the recipients?
Why should they?
chillzero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2008, 03:37 AM   #31
8den
Graduate Poster

So Killtown can harass some more innocent people?

Can you offer some examples where the FBI have published the names and phone numbers of people involved in a criminal investigation?

Last edited by 8den; 26th February 2008 at 03:38 AM.
8den is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2008, 05:16 AM   #32
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

who wants to wage money that not Griffin, or any other Truther leader has bothered to ask the FBI, or the prosecutors in the Moussaoui Trial, why there is no description of the Barabara Olson Calls in the flash presentation of calls made from the flights?

TAM
Old 26th February 2008, 07:21 AM   #33
JamesB
Master Poster

Still no answer. No surprise. Come one troofers, which is it, A, B or C?
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2008, 10:24 AM   #34
Jonnyclueless
Philosopher

Of the millions of possibilities, why do you make vast assumptions about the reasons? And doing so with no evidence.
Jonnyclueless is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2008, 10:28 AM   #35
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by chillzero View Post
Why should they?
So twoofers getting bored with calling them murderers and liars on the internet can take it to the next level and make anonymous phone calls.

You know, because it's more patriotic that way.
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2008, 10:48 AM   #36
TC329
Banned

Those of you who replied to my question without an answer - GOOD JOB!!!!!

You are an embarassment to your side and I hope many many lurkers come across this thread.

So far my favorite is the "why should the government release evidence to prove they're telling the truth to you, an American citizen?" (paraphrased but thats taking out the neonazicon spin factor)

Keep it up!
Old 26th February 2008, 10:52 AM   #37
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Because in Western society the right of the individual privacy has to be balanced against the right of the individual to scrutinise official information, and in this case it has been ruled that the privacy of the individuals concerned is of greater importance. These people are close relatives of victims, are not accused of any wrongdoing, and have in no way voided their right to privacy. Please feel free to make an argument to the contrary, but note that this is a singularly pointless place to do so.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2008, 10:54 AM   #38
chillzero
Penultimate Amazing

TC,
Why should people's personal information be issued to the world for abuse?
chillzero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2008, 10:57 AM   #39
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

neonazicon
Well that settles it! 9/11 was an inside job!1!!111!

Old 26th February 2008, 10:58 AM   #40
Reheat
Illuminator

So far my favorite is the "why should the government release evidence to prove they're telling the truth to you, an American citizen?" (paraphrased but thats taking out the neonazicon spin factor)
I don't believe that you're an American citizen. Why don't you post your birth certificate along with your Passport. BTW, I'll need your phone number so I can contact you if something needs clarification. Also, I'll need your bank account number in order to verify that you have funds to pay for the investigative work and copies of the material. All of that should be no problem at all if you are who you say you are and you have nothing to hide. Got something to hide?

ETA: I almost forgot that I'll need your home address too as I'll need to mail the copies to prove to you that I have the information. Post Office Box is not allowed as that method is subject to intercept by the neonazicons.

Last edited by Reheat; 26th February 2008 at 11:05 AM.
Reheat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories