ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 2nd April 2008, 02:38 AM   #1
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

UN Appoints Ivy Leauge Troofer Official Israel Basher

I saw this over at Little Green Footballs today which in turned linked to the blog they picked it up from.

Here's the short version, former Princeton Professor Richard Falk has been appointed by the UN as "Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Palestinian territories occupied since 1967".

This same Richard Falk, wrote a glowing foreword to David Ray Griffins "New Pearl Harbor":

Quote:
David Ray Griffin has written an extraordinary book... What makes The New Pearl Harbor so special is that it explores the most sensitive and controversial terrain - the broad landscape of official behavior in relation to the 9/11 disaster - in the best spirit of academic detachment coupled with an exemplary display of the strongest scholarly virtue: a willingness to allow inquiry to follow the path of evidence and reason wherever it leads... It should be underscored that this book does not belong in the genre of "conspiracy theories." It is a painstakingly scrupulous look at the evidence, and an accounting of the numerous discrepancies between the official account provided by the U.S. Government and the best information available.
For the UN to not only put their official stamp on the worst form of anti-semitic paranoia mongering since "Mien Kampf" but also to place one of these loons in a position where they are paid for their mindless Israel bashing is beyond insane.

Here's the irony; NWO obsessed troofers have always feared the UN as effectively the global government in utero. However, few things would likely demonstrate that the UN is worse than useless quite like it's apparent official endorsement of Alex Jones's quackery.

Last edited by Sword_Of_Truth; 2nd April 2008 at 02:39 AM.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2008, 03:02 AM   #2
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

Oh joy. Still, at least the UN is effectively impotent.

As an aside, and rather OT, what, exactly, is wrong with the idea of a NWO anyway? Is it what they believe that will cause civilisation to come crashing down around us, or is it just the fact there will be a large government? I mean I'm not exactly saying we should welcome our new all-reaching masters, but still, having a nebulous concept of a government that would effectively rule out any chance of land grabs and terretorial wars as an enemy seems....odd.

Now I lay me down to sleep, a bag of peanuts at my feet.
If I die before I wake, give them to my brother Jake.

Last edited by MarkCorrigan; 2nd April 2008 at 03:03 AM.
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2008, 03:02 AM   #3
DC
Banned

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post
I saw this over at Little Green Footballs today which in turned linked to the blog they picked it up from.

Here's the short version, former Princeton Professor Richard Falk has been appointed by the UN as "Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Palestinian territories occupied since 1967".

This same Richard Falk, wrote a glowing foreword to David Ray Griffins "New Pearl Harbor":

For the UN to not only put their official stamp on the worst form of anti-semitic paranoia mongering since "Mien Kampf" but also to place one of these loons in a position where they are paid for their mindless Israel bashing is beyond insane.

Here's the irony; NWO obsessed troofers have always feared the UN as effectively the global government in utero. However, few things would likely demonstrate that the UN is worse than useless quite like it's apparent official endorsement of Alex Jones's quackery.
http://www.transnational.org/Area_Mi...eGenocide.html

just a jewish jews hater? i dont think so.
DC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2008, 03:07 AM   #4
DC
Banned

Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
Oh joy. Still, at least the UN is effectively impotent.

As an aside, and rather OT, what, exactly, is wrong with the idea of a NWO anyway? Is it what they believe that will cause civilisation to come crashing down around us, or is it just the fact there will be a large government? I mean I'm not exactly saying we should welcome our new all-reaching masters, but still, having a nebulous concept of a government that would effectively rule out any chance of land grabs and terretorial wars as an enemy seems....odd.
one world govermend is a two-sided sword, depends how much direct influence the ppl have. and when you see how much less influence the EU ppl have, im really happy my country didnt join, yet.
DC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2008, 03:15 AM   #5
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

Originally Posted by Dictator Cheney View Post
one world govermend is a two-sided sword, depends how much direct influence the ppl have. and when you see how much less influence the EU ppl have, im really happy my country didnt join, yet.
Ha.

The EU isn't a government mate, it's a collective trade alliance. It only passes "laws" (rather resolutions) in order to keep the trade agreements updated and to ensure high standards of product quality and saftey.

Jesus man, calling the EU a government is like calling the former USSR Marxist. It shares very, very limited similarities, and is, in all other ways, totally different.

MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2008, 04:04 AM   #6
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Interesting is the comments section at the bottom of the UNISPAL article that all of this was based on...

Quote:

ITZHAK LEVANON (Israel) said that as the list of candidates for Special Procedures mandate holders was put forward today, he was overwhelmed at the profound sense of lost opportunity. The mandate of the Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Palestinian Territories was hopelessly unbalanced. This mandate was redundant at best and malicious at worst. It was impossible to believe that out of a list of 184 potential candidates, the eminently wise members of the Consultative Group honestly had made the best possible choice for this post. In a recent article, the proposed candidate stated that he did not think it was "an irresponsible overstatement to associate the treatment of Palestinians with the criminalized Nazi record of collective atrocity". Someone who had publicly and repeatedly stated such views could not possibly be considered independent, impartial or objective, as was explicitly required in the institution building text. The Human Rights Council was rapidly moving away from its raison d'être. The members of the Council were missing an opportunity to show the world that this Human Rights Council genuinely sought improvement, the chance to make a difference, and the prospect of laying the groundwork for better cooperation with Israel.

WARREN TICHENOR (United States) said that the Special Procedures, including country mandates, allowed the Human Rights Council an opportunity to view, monitor and help certain countries develop and improve their human rights situations. The United States respected the integrity of the procedure to elect candidates but expressed its concern on the mandate holder selected for the task of assessing the human rights situation in the Occupied Palestinian Territories. This had long since been a particularly sensitive mandate and he hoped that it would not be conducted with bias and partiality. That being said, he wished the other new mandate holders the best of luck in their new appointments.

/...

MARIUS GRINIUS (Canada) said that the appointment of this slate of Special Procedures mandate holders marked an important milestone in the development of the Council. The Special Procedures had been referred to as the crown jewels of the United Nations human rights system. The efforts which had gone into the presentation of this list were fully appreciated. Canada hoped that Members could respect the integrity of the agreed process, in which no State should have a veto over candidates. However, based on the writings of one of the candidates, the nominee for the mandate on the situation in the Occupied Palestinian Territories, Canada expressed serious concern about whether the high standards established by the Council would be met by this individual. Therefore, Canada dissociated itself from any Council decision to approve the full slate.

/...

MOHAMMAD ABU-KOASH (Palestine) said it was ironic that Israel which claimed to be representing Jews everywhere was campaigning against a Jewish professor who had been nominated for the post of Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Occupied Palestinian Territory. The candidate was the author of 54 books on international law. Palestine doubted that those who had campaigned against him had read that many books. The candidate's nomination was a victory for good sense and human rights, as he was a highly qualified rapporteur. If Israel was concerned about human rights it would have ended its prolonged occupation.
http://domino.un.org/unispal.NSF/47d...2!OpenDocument

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2008, 04:12 AM   #7
DC
Banned

Ha.

The EU isn't a government mate, it's a collective trade alliance. It only passes "laws" (rather resolutions) in order to keep the trade agreements updated and to ensure high standards of product quality and saftey.

Jesus man, calling the EU a government is like calling the former USSR Marxist. It shares very, very limited similarities, and is, in all other ways, totally different.
where did i call it a government? i compared it to one. cause it is build up somehow like a government. and its not only about trade and quality levels.

and out of a swiss point of view, it directly takes away influence on my own government. and thats something i really dont like
Old 2nd April 2008, 04:18 AM   #8
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

where did i call it a government? i compared it to one. cause it is build up somehow like a government. and its not only about trade and quality levels.

and out of a swiss point of view, it directly takes away influence on my own government. and thats something i really dont like
Ok, you can't compare the EU to a government becdause that's not even remotely like what it actually is. Better?

It takes nothing away from the powers of the government. Nothing. People like to say it does, of course, in the same way they like to say that the bible is literal, or that 9/11 was an inside job, but that doesn't make it true.

EU law only superceeds the law of the member state when the EU law is considered to be of a higher standard, for example the saftey laws concerning products produced in the EU. A large number of British product have a HIGHER safety standard than the EU regs, and they aren't changed. There are small laws regarding the naming of products, and there is the inculsion of a higher court of appeal, but other than that it's just a mutual trade-defence alliance. Really.

Old 2nd April 2008, 04:31 AM   #9
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

This is getting OT far too much now.

Lets get back to the actual topic, shall we? That a lunatic anti-semite has been placed by the UN into a position where they can talk endlessly about how evil Israel is ad nauseum and get paid for it.

Old 2nd April 2008, 05:13 AM   #10
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Lets get back to the actual topic, shall we? That a lunatic anti-semite has been placed by the UN into a position where they can talk endlessly about how evil Israel is ad nauseum and get paid for it.
In other words, same old same old at the UN.
Old 2nd April 2008, 06:20 AM   #11
DC
Banned

Originally Posted by WildCat View Post
In other words, same old same old at the UN.
counterweight to the anti palestinians.
Old 2nd April 2008, 06:30 AM   #12
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

counterweight to the anti palestinians.
Males as much sense as the UN allowing totalitarian dictatorships a seat on the Human Rights Committee.
Old 2nd April 2008, 06:45 AM   #13
DC
Banned

Males as much sense as the UN allowing totalitarian dictatorships a seat on the Human Rights Committee.
so now you gonna claim that he is a totalitarian dictator?

laughable

and who has a longer tradition in seting up real dictatorships? the UN or the US?

Pinnochet? etc?
Old 2nd April 2008, 07:12 AM   #14
funk de fino
Dreaming of unicorns

You talk rubbis mate, show me how the EU has impinged on my freedoms or influence

Stundie - Avoided like the plaque, its a scottish turn of phrase.
funk de fino is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2008, 07:24 AM   #15
DC
Banned

Originally Posted by funk de fino View Post
You talk rubbis mate, show me how the EU has impinged on my freedoms or influence
where did i claim freedom beeing taken away???
the contrary, the free traveling inside the EU is a sort of more freedom.

but when it comes to direct influence on the laws by the EU, the only country that is taking care about it is Ireland. there you will have a right to directly vote for or against such a EU law.

the only thing everyone was able to vote about is the EU Constitution.
and the EURO.

can you start a referndum against EU laws in your country?
Old 2nd April 2008, 07:27 AM   #16
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

Yes that's (China) exactly what (China) he's saying (China China China).

Good grief.

Old 2nd April 2008, 07:30 AM   #17
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

where did i claim freedom beeing taken away???
the contrary, the free traveling inside the EU is a sort of more freedom.

but when it comes to direct influence on the laws by the EU, the only country that is taking care about it is Ireland. there you will have a right to directly vote for or against such a EU law.

the only thing everyone was able to vote about is the EU Constitution.
and the EURO.

can you start a referndum against EU laws in your country?
This close to losing my civility.

The EU laws DO NOT replace the laws of the member state unless the laws of the member state are less strict than the EU alternative. EU law does not influence the vast majority of laws in the member state, and the only sections totally controlled by EU law are the ones governing trade and product quality.

Gah.

Old 2nd April 2008, 07:35 AM   #18
DC
Banned

This close to losing my civility.

The EU laws DO NOT replace the laws of the member state unless the laws of the member state are less strict than the EU alternative. EU law does not influence the vast majority of laws in the member state, and the only sections totally controlled by EU law are the ones governing trade and product quality.

Gah.
today i can directly take influence on every single law in my country, even change the constitution. but not in the EU.
and for me thats takeing away direct influence from me. and i dont like that, and alot ppl in my country dont like that i hope thats not gonna change.
Old 2nd April 2008, 07:35 AM   #19
AMTMAN
Muse

To be honest I never heard of the man so I really can't say if he's an anti-Semite or not. I do know this; it does not take an Ivy League professor to find the mountain of inaccuracies, half truths and out right lies in New Pearl Harbor. I have to question the reasoning abilities of anyone who cannot.

Here is a diagram of a Boeing 767. I see numerous potential exit points. For example, the Nose Gear Door.... A-Train on "potential" exits on a 767.
AMTMAN is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2008, 07:39 AM   #20
AMTMAN
Muse

http://www.transnational.org/Area_Mi...eGenocide.html

just a jewish jews hater? i dont think so.
I did a search of that site and found nothing about Hama, Syria. I wonder why that is. Maybe I missed it.

Here is a diagram of a Boeing 767. I see numerous potential exit points. For example, the Nose Gear Door.... A-Train on "potential" exits on a 767.
AMTMAN is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2008, 07:43 AM   #21
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

today i can directly take influence on every single law in my country, even change the constitution. but not in the EU.
and for me thats takeing away direct influence from me. and i dont like that, and alot ppl in my country dont like that i hope thats not gonna change.
Forgive me, but I'm not up on Swiis law but, unless it works in a way that's completely different to all other European (and many other) nations this is a load of old tosh.

The EU can be influenced by the people anyway, most just don't bother because, and here's the kicker, they don't think it matters enough to.

Old 2nd April 2008, 07:55 AM   #22
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Didn't you get to vote for your MEP like I did?

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2008, 08:36 AM   #23
DC
Banned

Forgive me, but I'm not up on Swiis law but, unless it works in a way that's completely different to all other European (and many other) nations this is a load of old tosh.

The EU can be influenced by the people anyway, most just don't bother because, and here's the kicker, they don't think it matters enough to.
and how you do that?
Old 2nd April 2008, 08:38 AM   #24
DC
Banned

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Didn't you get to vote for your MEP like I did?

Dave
Model european Parliament?

erm no i repeat, we are not member of the EU
Old 2nd April 2008, 08:39 AM   #25
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

and how you do that?
Voting for MEPs?

They aren't just picked out of the air you know, they actually have to be voted for.

You know, like in every body of it's nature AND all governments.

(What's the betting now voting has been mentioned we'll be back to "so hey ARE a government!!!1"?)

Unless the Swiss system is an absolute democracy, whereby the individual has a vote on absolutely every issue, then the EU is equally open to public opinion.

Old 2nd April 2008, 08:44 AM   #26
Good Lt
Graduate Poster

He didn't say that. He said this:

Makes as much sense as the UN allowing totalitarian dictatorships a seat on the Human Rights Committee.
He used a SIMILE.

Your ability to decipher similes is about as good as Dylan Avery's.

Certainly, in the topsy-turvy world of heavy rock, having a good solid piece of wood in your hand is often useful.
- Ian Faith

Last edited by Good Lt; 2nd April 2008 at 08:44 AM.
Good Lt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2008, 08:46 AM   #27
DC
Banned

Originally Posted by Good Lt View Post
He didn't say that. He said this:

He used a SIMILE.

Your ability to decipher similes is about as good as Dylan Avery's.
the one i posted this to knows exactly well why i put those word in his mouth
Old 2nd April 2008, 08:51 AM   #28
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

the one i posted this to knows exactly well why i put those word in his mouth
Oh, do tell. This should be a scream.

Old 2nd April 2008, 08:53 AM   #29
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

and how you do that?
I'm going to assume you actually are a five-year old, since you're behaving like one. Your Mummy and Daddy go to a special place every few years and write on a piece of paper which one of the men or women on the list they want to go to Brussels and decide what the laws are. If they're naughty men and women and don't decide to make the laws Mummy and Daddy want, Mummy and Daddy throw a tantrum and say they won't write their name on the piece of paper next time, so then they have to listen to your Mummy and Daddy and do what they say unless lots of other Mummies and Daddies throw tantrums and say they want different laws to the ones your Mummy and Daddy want. It's exactly the same as the way the laws in your own country are made, except that Mummy and Daddy write names on a different list for those laws.

We have a name for this. It's two big words: Representative Democracy. And what lots of little children don't know is that it works just the same in the EU as it does in the countries that make it up, except that it doesn't work as well because most Mummies and Daddies don't care so much what goes on in the EU. Maybe that's because the laws that the EU makes don't affect them as much as the laws their own countries make.

It's bed-time now. Tomorrow I'll read to you about Occam's Razor and the scientific method.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Last edited by Dave Rogers; 2nd April 2008 at 09:05 AM.
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2008, 08:55 AM   #30
DC
Banned

Voting for MEPs?

They aren't just picked out of the air you know, they actually have to be voted for.

You know, like in every body of it's nature AND all governments.

(What's the betting now voting has been mentioned we'll be back to "so hey ARE a government!!!1"?)

Unless the Swiss system is an absolute democracy, whereby the individual has a vote on absolutely every issue, then the EU is equally open to public opinion.
no take influence on the laws i ment.
Old 2nd April 2008, 08:58 AM   #31
TC329
Banned

This is getting OT far too much now.

i dont know who this anti-semite is.....can you back up your claims that he is a racist?
TC329 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2008, 08:59 AM   #32
Dave Rogers

erm no i repeat, we are not member of the EU

You're complaining that you can't influence the laws of the EU when your country is not a member of the EU. Can you not, somewhere in the deepest recesses of your mind, begin to fathom the possibility of a reason why this might be?

Dave

Old 2nd April 2008, 08:59 AM   #33
DC
Banned

I'm going to assume you actually are a five-year old, since you're behaving like one. Your Mummy and Daddy go to a special place every few years and writes on a piece of paper which one of the men or women on the list they want to go to Brussels and decide what the laws are. If they're naughty men and women and don't decide to make the laws Mummy and Daddy want, Mummy and Daddy throw a tantrum and say they won't write their name on the piece of paper next time, so then they have to listen to your Mummy and Daddy and do what they say unless lots of other Mummies and Daddies throw tantrums and say they want different laws to the ones your Mummy and Daddy want. It's exactly the same as the way the laws in your own country are made, except that Mummy and Daddy write names on a different list for those laws.

We have a name for this. It's two big words: Representative Democracy. And what lots of little children don't know is that it works just the same in the EU as it does in the countries that make it up, except that it doesn't work as well because most Mummies and Daddies don't care so much what goes on in the EU. Maybe that's because the laws that the EU makes don't affect them as much as the laws their own countries make.

It's bed-time now. Tomorrow I'll read to you about Occam's Razor and the scientific method.

Dave
you talk that way to your kids?

poor kids

in other words, you have no direct influence on what those elected ppl do

then i say, no thx

http://www.iniref.org/swissdemocracy.html

Last edited by DC; 2nd April 2008 at 09:00 AM.
Old 2nd April 2008, 09:01 AM   #34
DC
Banned

You're complaining that you can't influence the laws of the EU when your country is not a member of the EU. Can you not, somewhere in the deepest recesses of your mind, begin to fathom the possibility of a reason why this might be?

Dave
dave boy read the whole debate, maybe then your able to folow
Old 2nd April 2008, 09:05 AM   #35
uk_dave
Philosopher

ummmmm..... riiiiiight.

I think it may now be time to detonate those explosives in the bridges and tunnels linking Switzerland to the rest of the world.
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2008, 09:06 AM   #36
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

you talk that way to your kids?

poor kids

in other words, you have no direct influence on what those elected ppl do

then i say, no thx

http://www.iniref.org/swissdemocracy.html
Jesus, you DO have representative democracy.....

In that case, I appologise.

I also extend my deepest sympathy.

Old 2nd April 2008, 09:06 AM   #37
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Oh, do tell. This should be a scream.
He's upset because in the Barbara Olson thread I called him out on his JAQing off. I did assert a theory to him he didn't make himself, but it was a reasonable one if you think Ted Olson lied about receiving a phone call from his wife.

But like all good truthers DC avoids making any actual claims himself.
Old 2nd April 2008, 09:08 AM   #38
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

Originally Posted by TC329 View Post
i dont know who this anti-semite is.....can you back up your claims that he is a racist?
I appologise, he doesn't seem to be an anti semite. Mea culpa.

Instead, it seems, he just darn well hate Israel. Oh joy, that's better.

Old 2nd April 2008, 09:09 AM   #39
DC
Banned

Originally Posted by uk_dave View Post
ummmmm..... riiiiiight.

I think it may now be time to detonate those explosives in the bridges and tunnels linking Switzerland to the rest of the world.
why? are we under atack?

you still dont belive it?

its a fact a fact you maybe dont like, but its a fact, a fact you didnt know.
Old 2nd April 2008, 09:10 AM   #40
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

Double post.

ETA: Plus stupid capitalisation.

Last edited by MarkCorrigan; 2nd April 2008 at 09:14 AM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories