ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 21st May 2008, 12:20 PM   #1
Edmund Standing
Thinker

Further debunking of the 9/11 TV Fakery 'nose out' claim

According to a theory espoused in 'September Clues', and other videos advocating 9/11 TV Fakery/No-Planes Theory, a piece of live news footage showing United Airlines Flight 175 hitting the South Tower shows the plane apparently entering the building and then exiting unscathed the other side, shortly before a 'fade to black'. It is argued therefore that, as a plane could not possibly have entered the building and emerged undamaged, the plane that is shown is in fact a CGI image, overlayed in real time onto footage of the Twin Towers, and that the 'plane' is shown apparently emerging from the building because of a timing error on the part of the TV Fakery team.

This issue has been addressed both in a debunking video made by a UK 'truther' and in the recent Hardfire debate between Ace Baker and Steve Wright. However, I would like to add my own contribution to debunking this spurious claim.

It is very simple to demonstrate the utter falsity of the 'nose out' CGI plane claim by simply examining a few stills from the footage. It is quite clear from the following images that the supposed 'plane nose' is really nothing of the sort.

If this was a CGI plane image accidentally emerging, as opposed to debris, we would expect the shape of the plane's nose to remain constant, not to change. Yet, when we look at these stills from the news footage, it is clear that this is not the case:

Still #1: Cigar shape appears:

Still #2: Elongated 'nose' appears:

Still #3: 'Nose' changes shape completely, now appearing shorter and more 'stubby':

Still #4: 'Nose' changes shape again, the end becoming rounded and 'ball-like':

Still #5: 'Nose' changes shape yet again, the end stretching and becoming more elongated, and now appearing to change trajectory and move upwards:

When 3 of the stills are placed together, it is manifestly clear that this is not one seamless animation of a plane nose:

And finally, when the stills are turned into an animation, we can witness the shape changes in action:

In conclusion, these images demonstrate that what is seen exiting the South Tower is not a CGI plane, but is quite clearly debris being expelled from the building, followed by a huge explosion.

'What I've realised is, for the last year I have been talking to Government agents ... I've been licking envelopes and giving them my DNA' - genghis6199
Edmund Standing is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st May 2008, 12:28 PM   #2
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!

Do you really think the loons are going to accept this? No matter how slowly or simply you try to explain things to them, they are going to remain firmly entrenched in their mudpits of stupid. You'll have more success trying to teach tapdancing to elm trees. At least they'll listen to you.
Old 21st May 2008, 01:08 PM   #3
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted

Originally Posted by JimBenArm View Post
Do you really think the loons are going to accept this? No matter how slowly or simply you try to explain things to them, they are going to remain firmly entrenched in their mudpits of stupid. You'll have more success trying to teach tapdancing to elm trees. At least they'll listen to you.
I don't want to speak for Edmund here, but I tend to post quite a bit for the lurkers and newbies, and I think stuff like this is good info for them. You're right, of course: The entrenched fantasy subscribers won't budge an inch over this. But people who are genuinely uninformed might come here and see this and go "Oh! Okay. That's how these kooks are misrepresenting things", and it'll be a bit of armor to wear against other kooky hypotheses.
Old 21st May 2008, 02:01 PM   #4
Edmund Standing
Thinker

Originally Posted by ElMondoHummus View Post
people who are genuinely uninformed might come here and see this and go "Oh! Okay. That's how these kooks are misrepresenting things", and it'll be a bit of armor to wear against other kooky hypotheses.
That's the best I can hope for. It could also be helpful for people looking for rebuttals to the 'must watch video' sent to them by a friend or family member.

'What I've realised is, for the last year I have been talking to Government agents ... I've been licking envelopes and giving them my DNA' - genghis6199
Edmund Standing is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st May 2008, 03:15 PM   #5
RKOwens4
Thinker

The nose-out was captured from every angle showing that side of the building, proving that the debris was real. What the debris is, is debatable. Here are some of my thoughts. The following show's NIST's trajectory for the right engine, which exited the building and was found blocks away.

This trajectory, which has the engine exited through the 11 foot wide corner of the building, is supported by the following photo taken just as a piece of (unknown) debris is exiting from that corner.

It could be the engine, or it could be a "slice" of the side of the fuselage. This is a photo of Flight 175 pre-9/11:

Notice how the silver side matches up with the photo below. It's possible that the white in the photo is part of "United" and the blue may be part of the blue belly, or it could just be a reflection and a shadow. Who knows.

This doesn't mean it was the entire nose, just a part of it big enough to fit through the hole in the corner, about 11 feet wide and 12 feet high (the fuselage was 16 feet wide/tall). And part of the fuselage was found on the roof of WTC5. Another piece was videotaped on West Broadway, which the guy filming says hit and killed a guy. So, I'm not saying what the piece is, whether the engine or an actual part(s) of the fuselage, but we know that both were later found, so there's nothing surprising about the video tapes catching them exiting the building.

Last edited by RKOwens4; 21st May 2008 at 03:24 PM.
RKOwens4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories