ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags jesse ventura

Old 13th September 2008, 05:27 AM   #1
Walter Ego
Master Poster

Jesse "The Idiot" Ventura Disgraces Himself At 9/11 Memorial

On a truther tour in Mesa, Arizona, Ventura decided to get into a "debate" with a visiting firefighter over the color of smoke from the World Trade Center buildings on 9/11.

Bill Marshall, the firefighter, showed some class by refusing to take Ventura's troll bait. (Hint, hint to my fellow forum members.)

Quote:
"I choose not to be involved in any kind of controversy over 9/11, sir" said Marshall.

The firefighter also said he doesn't like it when people use 9/11 for political or commercial reasons. "I think it's quite disgusting actually."

http://www.ktar.com/index.php?nid=388&sid=957720

Brief audio (44sec.) of the encounter.

(Thanks to James B. of the SLC blog for the story)
Walter Ego is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2008, 06:10 AM   #2
The Director
Scholar

I think "disgrace" is adequate terminology, Walter Ego.

I ran across the video on 9/11 Blogger last night pretty late and it had this headline: Jesse Ventura BODY SLAMS “911 Conspiracy Debunkers”, for 30 Minutes!

First thing, these were not conspiracy theory debunkers. These were journalists at local news papers and channels. Yet, Jesse act like they worked for The New York Times and The Washington Post while scolding them as he was "doing their job."

I love his train of thought. When one of these journalists give a pretty fair representation of the collapse, he draws back and says, "I'm only asking questions! I think I have the first amendment!"

Thus, the trouble with Truthers. They want to ask questions but they are not concerned finding the answers. They love to chant "9/11 is an inside job" yet when forced to admit that it is illogical they say, "I don't know who did it!"

The Director
The Director is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2008, 07:01 AM   #3
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Quote:
I love his train of thought. When one of these journalists give a pretty fair representation of the collapse, he draws back and says, "I'm only asking questions! I think I have the first amendment!"
ironic that he would lecture members of the press on the first amendment, lol
Old 13th September 2008, 07:19 AM   #4
Thunder
Banned

if jessie ventura had read JREF, he would know that the color of the fire only reflects the efficiency of the flame...not its temperature.
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2008, 09:35 AM   #5
thebestodb
Scholar

Originally Posted by parky76 View Post
if jessie ventura had read JREF, he would know that the color of the fire only reflects the efficiency of the flame...not its temperature.
He only talked of the color of the smoke.
thebestodb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2008, 10:03 AM   #6
The Director
Scholar

I quite frankly love the "If NIST is right about WTC7's collapse, then we should keep fire away from skyscrapers at all cost" logic.

Do they not realized that
1) WTC7 burned for all afternoon
2) Firefighting operations were pulled from the building
3) Sprinkler systems (a buildings main line of fire defense) were completely severed on all the floors except the very top
4) The fourth largest building in the world (which was on fire) slammed up against the facade of the building.

And did I hear him give a reference to the Empire State Building in there somewhere? That is, by far, my most favorite tidbit to debunk.
The Director is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2008, 10:05 AM   #7
T.A.M.
Keeper of the Kool-Vax

I was holding out hope that may be this dumb **** wrester turned politician might realize what an idiot he was becoming, and pull himself out.

Oh well, another idiot celebrity joins the village full of idiots.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2008, 10:08 AM   #8
The Director
Scholar

Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
ironic that he would lecture members of the press on the first amendment, lol
This is true. I believe that Jesse believes that there is a clause in the first amendment that protects a person from the consequences of stupid questions.

And yes, Jesse, there is such a thing as a stupid question. It usually comes when someone is told the answer yet they reject it because it does not match their own preconceived notions. If the question is repeated...it is stupid.
Old 13th September 2008, 10:10 AM   #9
The Director
Scholar

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
I was holding out hope that may be this dumb **** wrester turned politician might realize what an idiot he was becoming, and pull himself out.

Oh well, another idiot celebrity joins the village full of idiots.

TAM
Agreed,

The celebrities that have joined the cause have only proven how ridiculous the movement is.

Rosie O'Donnell
Charlie Sheen
Jesse Ventura

...that alone is a real lineup right there.
Old 13th September 2008, 10:10 AM   #10
Tbone
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The Director View Post
I quite frankly love the "If NIST is right about WTC7's collapse, then we should keep fire away from skyscrapers at all cost" logic.
You know, just as a guess, I think this happens already... with every single thing built by humans.
Tbone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2008, 10:23 AM   #11
Roadtoad
Bufo Caminus Inedibilis

First of all, let's remember that as Governor, Jesse Ventura was pretty much a bust. He didn't really do all that much, and his run as a "third party" outsider was about the only thing he had going for him.

Second, he wasn't that great in his earlier gig, as a commentator for the WWF. He demonstrated the worst characteristics of the genre, and reminded me why I enjoyed Olympic and College wrestling far more. In that arena, you actually have to have the discipline, the skill, and the athletic ability to achieve a victory, not to mention that you need to have a very high degree of respect for your opponent, or you'll be pinned within minutes.

Let's face the facts: Jesse Ventura is a classic "dumb jock," a joke of a man who has no clue how to reason beyond the most basic elements of Cause and Effect. His sole purpose now is to maintain a public face, something which will gain him speaking gigs and notoriety, regardless of how that is achieved. If he does so standing on the corpses of the victims of 9/11, so what? They're dead, and he has to eat. And if he can use the old CT Freak gambits of blaming Da Gubmint, wailing about his First Amendment rights, or bending TLOP to fit his freaky vision of what happened, where's the harm? People are doing it every day, and no one gets that exercised about it.

Except that Jesse's a former Governor of Minnesota. He has some clout. It may not be much, but it creates an image that there might be something to what he says, even when it's been shown time and again that the "Twoofers" are either wrong, or lying. They're certainly oblivious to fact. It dumps more fuel on the fire, (pardon the expression), and ultimately desecrates the memory of those who died that day. And frankly, if I were someone who had a direct tie to 9/11, I think I'd be more inclined to spit in Jesse's eye than to merely ignore him. Frankly, I think Governor Ventura should consider himself lucky that a firefighter didn't simply lay his sorry @$$ out.

Having said that, I think if anything, this illustrates just how classy those in public service are, and why they deserve greater respect than they receive. It's the kind of thing that damns the "Truth" movement.
Roadtoad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2008, 10:35 AM   #12
Mince
Master Poster

Quote:
In the book, Ventura says he doesn’t know exactly what happened on Sept. 11...
aa
Mince is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2008, 10:37 AM   #13
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Originally Posted by Roadtoad View Post
First of all, let's remember that as Governor, Jesse Ventura was pretty much a bust. He didn't really do all that much, and his run as a "third party" outsider was about the only thing he had going for him.
What he accomplished is proving to the DFL and Republicans was that you have to put someone of substance on the ticket. Not just someone with a famous family (Humphrey) or a pretty boy (Coleman). Voting for him was seen as a "none of the above" vote.

Knowing what I know now, I probably wouldn't vote for him again. I used to work with his son and hung out with him a few times, so I can say he is a good person but has loopy ideas (I had to correct him on the Payne Stewart intercept taking 20mins).
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2008, 10:41 AM   #14
Roadtoad
Bufo Caminus Inedibilis

Originally Posted by CptColumbo View Post
What he accomplished is proving to the DFL and Republicans was that you have to put someone of substance on the ticket. Not just someone with a famous family (Humphrey) or a pretty boy (Coleman). Voting for him was seen as a "none of the above" vote.

Knowing what I know now, I probably wouldn't vote for him again. I used to work with his son and hung out with him a few times, so I can say he is a good person but has loopy ideas (I had to correct him on the Payne Stewart intercept taking 20mins).
If he's a good person, why is he pestering EMS people about the color of smoke?
Roadtoad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2008, 11:15 AM   #15
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

If he's a good person, why is he pestering EMS people about the color of smoke?
If I see him, I'll ask him. Otherwise it would be speculation on my part.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2008, 11:18 AM   #16
Roadtoad
Bufo Caminus Inedibilis

Do that. Facts are a rare commodity these days.

I don't hate the man. Hell, I even like him to an extent. But, dammit, simply having a mouth doesn't make you an authority.
Old 13th September 2008, 04:02 PM   #17
laodoggie
New Blood

I used to like this guy for being outrageous
now he just seems to be pathetic . . .

Here is the video link
can't post the whole link for two more posts

blip.tv/file/1255932

Last edited by laodoggie; 13th September 2008 at 04:06 PM.
laodoggie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2008, 04:07 PM   #18
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

"If NIST is right about WTC7's collapse, then we should keep fire away from skyscrapers at all cost"
An excellent idea. Hey, perhaps we should organise a bunch of people and train them to do this, we could call them... oh I don't know, how about the Fire Department.....

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
My Apollo Page.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2008, 09:23 PM   #19
Corsair 115
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
An excellent idea. Hey, perhaps we should organise a bunch of people and train them to do this, we could call them... oh I don't know, how about the Fire Department.....
No, easily confused folks might think they are a department devoted to the starting of fires. Perhaps the name should be Fire Extinguishing Department...
Corsair 115 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2008, 01:19 AM   #20
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Originally Posted by Corsair 115 View Post
No, easily confused folks might think they are a department devoted to the starting of fires. Perhaps the name should be Fire Extinguishing Department...
But as an abbreviation that would be FED and that would bring about a whole different line of loony opposition.

I say we call them the People Who Put Out The Hot Owwy Flames..........except then they might be confused with gay bashers.
Old 14th September 2008, 09:42 AM   #21
Roadtoad
Bufo Caminus Inedibilis

You misspelled "owie."
Old 14th September 2008, 12:22 PM   #22
six7s
veretic

But, dammit, simply having a mouth doesn't make you an authority.
Indeed

To be an authority, you need to be able to manipulate a pen (or a keyboard)
Old 14th September 2008, 12:33 PM   #23
Whiplash
Acting like a maniac

Agreed,

The celebrities that have joined the cause have only proven how ridiculous the movement is.

Rosie O'Donnell
Charlie Sheen
Jesse Ventura

...that alone is a real lineup right there.

That's be an interesting wresting stable. But I suspect that Ventura would be carrying the other two most of the time. But Rosie would be great on the Mic and draw great heel heat.

Last edited by Whiplash; 14th September 2008 at 01:04 PM.
Whiplash is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2008, 12:39 PM   #24
NickUK
Critical Thinker

The truther approach to smoke at the WTC is simple:

White Smoke = Thermite - INSIDE JOB!!!11
Black Smoke = Oxygen starved - INSIDE JOB!!!11one
No Smoke = Small fires - INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!!!1111eleven

"that is a popular misconception or LIE...not saying you are lying, just saying that is not true..."
NickUK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2008, 11:58 AM   #25
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I guess Jesse has changed his motto from "Ain't Got Time To Bleed" to "Ain't Got Time To Think!".
It's sort of sad that Ventura having failed as Governor and failed as a Wrestling Commentator is so desperate for attention as to resort to crap like this. No wonder his old friend Arnie is keeping his distance.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories