ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ade651 , ALPHA 6 , bomb detectors , dowsing , Gary Bolton , gt200 , hal bidlack , Jim McCormick , Mira Telecom , Samuel Tree , sniffex

Old 28th January 2011, 04:19 PM   #281
Techowiz
Scholar

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Not being British, I don't know what "go down" means. I do hope it means stands trial for murder or negligent manslaughter.
Sorry Ladewig, it means 'go to jail' after a trial.
regards
Old 31st January 2011, 02:18 AM   #282
bobcouttie
New Blood

I'm a great believer in the value of satire and ridicule. If I'm allowed to post links have a chuckle here: (nope, can't post url

If not, just find Maritime Accident Casebook and look for 'Unival Reveals Paranormal Counter-Piracy Suite"
bobcouttie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2011, 03:33 AM   #283
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Originally Posted by bobcouttie View Post
I'm a great believer in the value of satire and ridicule. If I'm allowed to post links have a chuckle here: (nope, can't post url

If not, just find Maritime Accident Casebook and look for 'Unival Reveals Paranormal Counter-Piracy Suite"
Well here is the link. http://maritimeaccident.org/2011/01/...-piracy-suite/

Warning: Not safe for work. Contains rule 10 violations and mentions naked people. Otherwise funny.
rjh01 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2011, 03:37 AM   #284
bobcouttie
New Blood

Yes, naked people are mentioned in a religious and counter-piracy context.
bobcouttie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2011, 03:38 AM   #285
bobcouttie
New Blood

And thanks for posting the url
Old 31st January 2011, 04:17 AM   #286
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

Welll...

Originally Posted by Techowiz View Post
Sorry Ladewig, it means 'go to jail' after a trial.
regards

Although Techo is strictly correct in his definition, would actually prefer to see McCormick et al going down, as in on a hangmans noose!!

Still, a long term in the clink (prison), with confiscation of all assets would be a start!!

Bet there are a few military people out there who would like to wring his neck too!!Maybe any who have lost comrades due to failed bomb detection....
Old 3rd February 2011, 09:54 PM   #287
bobcouttie
New Blood

This week Colonel Bob Stewart, MP, sent this email: "Thanks for your e mail and letting me know that these hoax devices are in use in the Phillipines. Bloody appalling. For information Patrick Mercer MP and I have taken what steps we can earlier this week to plug this stupidity. Those responsible should be investigated too."
Old 4th February 2011, 07:51 AM   #288
Techowiz
Scholar

It would now appear that the Iraqis have eventually realised they have been scammed. Check the link for the story:

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/2/215327/

I wonder if ATSC do refunds? If not I don't think I would object to McCormick being extradited to Iraq to answer for his crimes.
regards
Old 10th February 2011, 08:05 AM   #289
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante

According to the Independent, someone (it's unclear to me exactly who, though it seems they are suggesting Jim McCormick. He's 54, but is he from Somerset or Merseyside?) has been released on bail.

Quote:
A man arrested by detectives investigating the supply and sale of allegedly ineffective bomb detecting devices to Iraq and Afghanistan has been released on bail, police said today.

Avon and Somerset Police said the 54-year-old from Merseyside, who had been held on suspicion of fraud by misrepresentation yesterday, was bailed pending further inquiries.

A police spokesman said: "Police have confirmed that the 54-year-old man from Merseyside arrested in connection with an investigation into the supply and sale of bomb detecting devices has been released on police bail, pending further enquiries."

The development followed the arrest on January 5 last year of Jim McCormick, 54, from Somerset, who was questioned on suspicion of fraud by misrepresentation.
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th February 2011, 07:33 PM   #290
bobcouttie
New Blood

His company is based in the Avon Somerset area, he's from Merseyside, actually a former Merseyside cop
Old 13th February 2011, 07:36 PM   #291
bobcouttie
New Blood

BTW, Colonel John Wyatt who's promoting the HEDD1 claims to be a consultant to the British Council 'worldwide'. The British Council says that no-one of that name is a consultant to the British Council.
Old 13th February 2011, 08:16 PM   #292
Gr8wight
red-shirted crewman

It would now appear that the Iraqis have eventually realised they have been scammed. Check the link for the story:

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/2/215327/

I wonder if ATSC do refunds? If not I don't think I would object to McCormick being extradited to Iraq to answer for his crimes.
regards
Can you say, "kickbacks?"

"A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight and understanding."--Marshall McLuhan
Gr8wight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2011, 02:29 AM   #293
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

Arrest et al

Cannot tell you too much just yet, but the arrest reported above is a dead end. Sorry to be cryptic but will become clear later.

As for the campaign, well, of course the Newsnight piece has re-invigorated everyone. Techowiz and I are keeping up the pressure on the media, police, politicians etc.

We are contacting media in India (ref Horizon Group of ex-Indian military - funny how so many ex-military guys are prepared to sell this rubbish to their ex-colleagues!), Lebanon re ProSec and retd General Pieere Hadji Georgiou (previously agent to ADE 651), and Romania re Mira Telecom and Ilie Stelian and his gang there.

We are also contacting all main German media to get them to chase up the Unival HEDD1 story. espite previously warning the German Embassy and Bundestag Defence Committee some time ago, little if any official action appears to have happened yet.

One small success. defpro in Germany have ended their advertising ties with Unival after we mailed them with the Newsnight story. We are pursuing other publishers e.g. Ten Alps in the UK who carry a Unival puff piece/ad profile on one of their atalink websites.

We are trying to shut off the oxygen supply to their publicity.

We highlight the way that Vollmar and Trier from Unival agree to take the test in Thailand, fail, then claim it was unfair. Think we've heard that before!!

As for John Wyatt at SDS, Yuri Markov, Sam Tree and Malcolm Row more news to come.

For further info check out the following blogs:
http://explosivedetectorfrauds.blogspot.com/

http://ade651gt200scamfraud.blogspot.com/

If anyone wants to help we need more media interest in South America, Africa, Lebanon, Germany, Romania, and everyone to get latest Nesnight link on their blogs and sites please. We are near the end of this and a last push should ensure that the main criminals in this get rounded up soon.

Thanks and regards,
DD
Old 14th February 2011, 02:33 AM   #294
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

Newsnight link again

Sorry, forgot to put in last post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxArx...layer_embedded

and the link to the test where Vollmar and the HEDD1 come unstuck in Thailand.

http://explosivedetectorfrauds.blogs...ting-this.html

Oh we do love the look on David Vollmars face!!
Old 14th February 2011, 07:12 AM   #295
bobcouttie
New Blood

The view from Islamabad:

In Feb last year the Defence minister of Pakistan said:

"Minister for Defence (Ch. Ahmed Mukhtar): (a) Three types of
explosive detectors i.e. Quantum Sniffer, Sniffex and Khojee (developed
by ASF at its own )have been provided at the airports. The name of
airports where these have been provided are Peshawar, JIAP Karachi,
AIIAP Lahore, BBIA, Islamabad, Quetta, Dalbandi, Zhob, Sukkur, Turbat,
Gwadar, Panjgur, Multan, Faisalabad and D.I.Khan."

Source: http://www.na.gov.pk/questions/sessi...iday020410.pdf

The Khoji, or Kholee referred to is another dowsing device whose main
claim to fame is that it costs only 50 rupees. Invented by a major (retired)

The inventor's site is here: w.khurramtanvir.com/Khoji.php

And you many find this forum of interest:
http://forum.pakistanidefence.com/in...howtopic=87173
Old 16th February 2011, 09:44 AM   #296
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

The John Wyatt SDS Group Connection

If you have watched the BBC Newsnight report yyou will have seen John Wyatt at SDS struggling to justify himself regarding his promotion of the HEDD1. A pathetic effort if ever I saw one. Wriggling like a fish on a hook.

Anyway, thought you might laugh at the funny peculiar line on the front page of the SDS website:

'When lives are at stake there is no room for second best.'

Yes, You read it right.

As I have pointed out to him in an email, if second best is not good enough for him, why is completely useless ok?

Why are we so down on Wyatt? Well, we have reason to believe he has been involved with the ssam going back many years. he is an ex-Army Officer, who trades on that history. He has tried to sell his dung HEDD1 to the British Army (his ex-comrades!). He seems to have something of an international reputation (despite as Bob Couttie discovered, his claims to attachment to The British Council is another lie!), He claims UN affiliation and more.

Well, his credibility is surely in tatters now, and business will be shrinking by the day. We have warned Seymour Pierce (the stockbrokers to parent company Pentagon Protection) and PP themselves about JW and his dodginess.

next we are going after his clients as stated on his website, but will have to be careful because he may have been fibbing again.

All in all don't expect he will be sleeping too well at the moment. Shame!
Old 16th February 2011, 11:53 AM   #297
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

New Google Group

To add another link in the interweb chain of anti-fraudulent explosives detector info have created a new Google Group here:

http://groups.google.com/group/the-f...ector-campaign

Please feel free to join and spread the word to your friends. You do not need to be active, just support the cause please.

The bigger we can make it, the better.
Old 16th February 2011, 12:22 PM   #298
AdMan
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dubious Dick View Post
To add another link in the interweb chain of anti-fraudulent explosives detector info have created a new Google Group here:

http://groups.google.com/group/the-f...ector-campaign

Please feel free to join and spread the word to your friends. You do not need to be active, just support the cause please.

The bigger we can make it, the better.

Thanks for the heads up--I've joined. It's an important cause to support.

Last edited by AdMan; 16th February 2011 at 12:23 PM.
AdMan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2011, 11:35 AM   #299
Techowiz
Scholar

GREAT NEWS FROM IRAQ

Check the link:

http://www.euronews.net/newswires/74...evice-scandal/

Who can forget the clown featured in the story? This is the guy that knows 'more about bombs than anyone'. Could be heading for the Saddam swing anytime soon. Let's hope they extradite McCormick over there to face justice.
regards
Old 17th February 2011, 01:33 PM   #300
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

I know more about explosives than anyone...

GREAT NEWS FROM IRAQ

Check the link:

http://www.euronews.net/newswires/74...evice-scandal/

Who can forget the clown featured in the story? This is the guy that knows 'more about bombs than anyone'. Could be heading for the Saddam swing anytime soon. Let's hope they extradite McCormick over there to face justice.
regards
“Whether it’s magic or scientific, what I care about is it detects bombs,” said Maj. Gen. Jehad al-Jabiri, head of the Ministry of the Interior’s General Directorate for Combating Explosives.

“I don’t care about Sandia or the Department of Justice or any of them,” General Jabiri said. “I know more about this issue than the Americans do. In fact, I know more about bombs than anyone in the world.”

yep, That's our friend General Jabber Jabber

Looks like the Jihad (General Jihad al Jabiri) has turned in on itself.

Great news Techo. Down to you mate!

Now lets see the rest of them swing as well!!
Old 18th February 2011, 03:47 PM   #301
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

Cheers Adman

Originally Posted by AdMan View Post
Thanks for the heads up--I've joined. It's an important cause to support.
Good of you to lend your support. Come on folks, surely AdMan isn't alone in wanting to see this busted apart? Just join, no need to post or anything. Numbers count.

http://groups.google.com/group/the-f...campaign?pli=1

Next we are looking forward to hearing news on a few others e.g.

General Pierre hadji Georgiou, ProSec Lebanon (agents for ADE651 sales to Iraq)
Stelian Ilie at Mira Telecom, Romania, partners to James McCormick and the ADE651

McCormick has money stashed away in both these countries.

Also:
John Wyatt SDS Group UK agents for HEDD1
David Vollmar, Unival Germany. Took the discredited Sniffex from the US. Renamed it Sniffex Plus. Now renamed HEDD1 after the pressure.( Hasn't Even detected DooDoo Once!)
Horizon Group India. Agents for the GT200
Gary Bolton, Global Technical. GT200
Malcolm Roe
Sam Tree
Yuri Markov
Old 18th February 2011, 03:49 PM   #302
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

Just to be clear, all credit to Bob Couttie for spotting the al Jabber Jabiri story on reuters earlier this week and forwarding it on.

Keep up the great work Bob!!
Old 19th February 2011, 12:28 AM   #303
Jono74
Scholar

OK - I'm now joined to the google group also. I agree - it's a very good cause to support. Anything to help; hats off to you guys for the amazing amount of work you're doing on this.
Jono74 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2011, 02:47 PM   #304
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

Cheers

Originally Posted by Jono74 View Post
OK - I'm now joined to the google group also. I agree - it's a very good cause to support. Anything to help; hats off to you guys for the amazing amount of work you're doing on this.

Thanks Jono...rope 'em in!!

Spent some of today emailing about Mira Telecom in Romania where McCormick has stashed some of his blood money, and who were happily working with him on the ADE651. These are the people that threatened me with legal action when I originally, reasonably politely (for me anyway) warned them about McCormick.

Have emailed the Romanian Anti-Corruption Squad,Government Departments, just about every company they deal with, websites where they appear, forums, and media in Romania (probably forgot a few), with the latest information.
Old 21st February 2011, 02:05 AM   #305
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

Action stations

Thanks to Andres Tonini in Mexico who has long been fighting the GT200 there, and has also picked up on all the other variants. Congtaulations on excellent detective work Andres.

He sent us this yesterday at The Fake Explsoives Detector Campaign group (http://groups.google.com/group/the-f...821341cff973a9)

I've written the following to the GADE651 lot and will follow up shortly with the others he mentions. Now, for any of you who are following this but have not done anything yet, write to them as well. Bombard them, and the others Andres mentions.

Anyone who lives in those parts of the World please get on to your local media and authorities, If we push hard we may be able to stop these variants taking hold.

Here's the text of my email to the GADE 651 people at:
secure@godrej.com,
entranza@godrej.com

The GADE 651 is yet another useless detector. Please see the following information. If you do not withdraw it from sale at once we will be making sure it is withdrawn.

I hope you understand. Lives are at risk. Many hundreds if not thosusands have already died because of this fraud.

Perhaps you have been fooled too.

If you do not believe me take it to a major University and ask them to test it under double blind conditions. We can advise on th eproper testing protocol.

Please take this seriosuly. We will warn you only once! DO NOT BE ACCESSORIES TO MURDER!

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/0...71G3H120110217

http://ade651gt200scamfraud.blogspot.com

http://sniffexquestions.blogspot.com

Please. Do not just sit there getting mad at this. DO SOMETHING. Even one email each can help!!! Just Do It!!
Old 25th February 2011, 10:36 AM   #306
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

Just written to UN Global Compact as follows:

We believe that the following case is clearly in breach of at least the Business aspects of the Covenant, if not much wider Human rights issues as well, in terms of expectations of public officials in procurement, and individual rights to reasonable protection.

We hope you will help in our campaign to end the fraudulent trade in fake explosive detectors, by passing this information on to the appropriate authorities within the UN.

We hope you will agree that companies bribing officials to buy useless explosives detectors is a disgusting trade. To quote Lieutenant Colonel Hal Bildack :

"When they say they are selling you something that will save your son or daughter on a patrol, they’ve crossed an insupportable line into moral depravity.”

I refer you to the latest BBC Newsnight investigation here for more information.

and to the report of the arrest on corruption charges of General al Jabiri in Iraq,

I specifically request:

1. Is UNIFIL in Lebanon still using a device based on a radio aerial to detect explsoives? If so, can this be stopped immediately? If not when and how did UNIFIL come to buy these devices?

2. That the UN via the relevant channels puts out a Worldwide warning against the use of these devices. Further information can be obtained fron the City of London Police, or by reply to this email.

Thank you for your interest.
The Fake Explosives Detectors Campaign Group

Anyone wants to follow up you can get the emails here
http://groups.google.com/group/the-f...f35b3c08d04ba1
Old 25th February 2011, 11:42 AM   #307
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

Another small victory. Got NRi to start to take down various publicity for Unival and the HEDD1 formerly Sniffex Plus. The website at army-technology.com

Took down one article but there are a few more they need to sort out as well, but all good news if not for David 'Voldemort' Vollmar,

See blog for latest attack on al-6d from Diodebell in Greece

Happy reading and campaigning!!
Old 28th February 2011, 04:22 AM   #308
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

DKL Lifeguard offshoot

Sorry!!! Mistakes in last post so have edited out. Will return with the AL-6D Diodebell emails soon!

Last edited by Dubious Dick; 28th February 2011 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Factual errors
Dubious Dick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2011, 09:58 AM   #309
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

Call to action

Many of you have shown an interest in this issue. Now, do something about it!

I have today written to the FBI regarding H3TeSee thread here:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=183541

We are a bit concerned that Techhead seems to have gone quiet although his earlier work is greatly appreciated.

Anyway, I amn sure that US citizens complaining to the FBI will be more effective than UK based like me.

Here's the text of my tip off sent via the main FBI website. You may wish to put in your own words.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Reference: H3Tec, P.O. Box 150433, Ogden, UT 84015 P: 602.464.3832
C: 801.814.6577 F: 801.475.498 E: Chuck@h3tec.com
W: www.h3tec.com

The FBI will be well aware of previous fraudulent detector cases in the U.S. Notably Quadro Tracker and Sniffex.

We have yet another case of the same essential fraud with the H3Tec. I refer you to the following source for information:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=183541

The FBI will recall that it was the JREF/James Randi, who originally raised concerns about Quadro Tracker, Sniffex and other similar frauds such as the ADE651

The company involved claim to have independent test data to corroborate their claims for the product, but are very shy about releasing it.

When challenged to take independent testing, say at MIT, they avoid the question entirely, and launch personal attacks on the people asking the questions.

Our key question is this. If the H3Tec is so marvellous, wouldn't anyone sensible get independent testing, and if successful publicise the results. That way they would get instant Worldwide interest and become very rich, very quick.

That Chuck Christensen at H3Tec does not do so is clear evasion suggesting strongly that he is fully aware that he is committing a fraud by misrepresenting the H3tec as capable of detecting anything except corrupt or gullible buyers.

As with the Quadro Tracker and Sniffex cases we hope you will wish to take action against this product and company.

I am sure that Dale Murray at Sandia Laboratory would be happy to carry out any necessary testing to confirm what we say.

These units sell for in the region of $10000 plus, so each one is a signifcant fraud in itself. They claim to be selling a lot, so it may well be a fairly major case of fraud both within the U.S.A. borders and Internationally.

Many thanks for your interest, and we hope to hear of action soon, particularly if, as H3Tec claim, they have any Official customers.

I wish to keep my name and details confidential as we have been dealing with some unsavoury characters in our wider campaign against these frauds.

Should you wish for any credentials, we are dealing with a number of UK Members of Parliament e.g. Bob Stewart and Patrick Mercer, along with the City of London Police

LETTER ENDS

Lets see H3Tec run out of town, preferably tarred and feathered like the turkeys they are!!

Last edited by Dubious Dick; 1st March 2011 at 10:45 AM. Reason: ERROR
Dubious Dick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2011, 10:33 AM   #310
Dan O.
Penultimate Amazing

Lets see H3Tec run out of town, preferably tarred and feathered like the turkeys they are!!

Perhaps you should use the indent function to separate the content of your letter. I don't think including this line explicitly in a letter to the FBI would be appropriate.
Dan O. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2011, 10:45 AM   #311
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

Ooops

that line not in letter to FBI, just my pathetic attempt at a joke at the expense of Chuck Christensen and his fellow fraudsters.

Have blogged this here:

Have corrected as best as can. useless at indenting and formatting posts. Sorry!

Are you going to write Dan O? Book 'em (anyone too young...Hawaii Five-0)

Last edited by Dubious Dick; 1st March 2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: error
Old 2nd March 2011, 07:36 AM   #312
Dan O.
Penultimate Amazing

I would think that the FBI would be more interested in the weight of the evidence rather than the weight of the mail. One clear statement that spells out who broke the law, what law was broken and the evidence that supports the claim would come off much better than a bunch of nutters on the internet making the same nebulous claim and dropping names of important people.

The FBI gets flooded with submissions to their tip line. There is probably some serious filtering that sorts out the chaff before the wheat gets passed to a human to read. Everything though gets indexed into a searchable database. When writing such tips, it's good to fill them with relevant key information. But dropping unrelated names into the tip could get them inadvertently mixed up in the investigation.
Dan O. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2011, 09:55 AM   #313
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Dan O. View Post
I would think that the FBI would be more interested in the weight of the evidence rather than the weight of the mail. One clear statement that spells out who broke the law, what law was broken and the evidence that supports the claim would come off much better than a bunch of nutters on the internet making the same nebulous claim and dropping names of important people.

The FBI gets flooded with submissions to their tip line. There is probably some serious filtering that sorts out the chaff before the wheat gets passed to a human to read. Everything though gets indexed into a searchable database. When writing such tips, it's good to fill them with relevant key information. But dropping unrelated names into the tip could get them inadvertently mixed up in the investigation.
Right. Appreciate the reply. What I was really saying was I understood the unlikelihood of them taking up my one request (but you never know, we have had some great results from the odd email here and there!)

What I was really saying is that it is down to US skeps to nail this one and that a specific complaint from Randi etc might do the trick!

I have written to DJ Grothe to ask for a SWIFT challenge, but know how snowed they are! And appreciate resources and time are limited,

In the past we have had Longtabber and Techhead on here, plus others who could no doubt quickly put together a good fat file to hand in. Maybe if they do the research, and others, then Randi would agree to hand over?

Anyhow, what I would really love to see is more action. Especially given we have made such great progress here, and will continue to do so.

Thank you for listening in folks!!
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:14 PM   #314
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

SORRY!!!!! But more....

This is a long post, so if time is short best not to read, but if you care about this issue, and believe, like me, that it is a winnable cause, then please bear with me:

H3TEC CORRESPONDENCE:
CHUCK RESPONDS TO MY LATEST CHALLENGES AND MY RESPONSE TO HIM. HIS FULL EMAIL TO ME AT END.

MY RESPONSE (NO PLAUDITS FOR MY UNUSUAL RESTRAINT PLEASE!)

Dear Chuck,

Please note, I will be publishing your email and my reply on my blog, as well as sending it around our network.

Thanks to the internet, a supreme example of human technology and evolution.

I will not fully respond to your ad hominem attack as it diverts from the key issues, and is irrelevant, whether you have your analysis and diagnosis of me right or wrong.

I will largely leave it at the fact that such diversionary tactics do not wash. While I freely admit to some ad hominem towards you, we can leave that alone now.

It is up to you to publicly and properly prove your extraordinary claims. Not for us to prove our case against you. So far you have failed conclusively,

So, here I will refrain from name calling back, since I seem to have got your attention.

So, to your main points (your edited answers in red, followed by my responses. I will publish the full text of your email so all can see my editing):

1. Our technology was completely vetted by two national laboratories(that to universities recommended)

Which National laboratories? Where? Who? When?

2. (that to universities recommended)

Which Universities?

Where are the reports of the test protocols and the results data published?

If not, why not?

3. and some independent businessmen who did so before they could nominate the technology for the Stoel Rives / Utah technologies innovation awards. Of course I didn’t win the overall prize, but I did come in second. We took the best in state, and the IQ awards.

Who? What credentials? Under what conditions? Where? When?

I need to point out here that it is easy to be fooled by demonstrations of dowsing. Many have been. Every other one of your fellow dowser salesman has offered such demonstrations to us at one time or another.

Why do we reject these offers?

Because we know that a demonstration can be rigged. Because we know that unless under fully controlled, double blind, replicable conditions it means nothing whatsoever.

We also know that people in this trade are easily bribed.

Personal testimony means nothing. Anecdotal evidence means nothing.

So, all in all we only ever rely on scientific testing. It is the only valid, legitimate approach.

So, your award means nothing without all the information and data as to how you 'won' it? And if that then reasonably supports your claims and can be replicated.

4. We’ve been in business for over 10 years. Never been sued, nor do we have any dissatisfied customers due to our technology or business practice.

If so why isn't every branch of the US Armed Forces, Security Services, every private security company, every mining company every treasure hunting club, every oil company, every whatever else industry you try to sell your way into, already using H3Tec? Surely ten years is all an apparent miracle needs in this day and age to take hold?

As for lack of customer complaints, I would say that this is almost certainly down to embarassment. No one, especially Public Officials wants to admit they are wrong, if they discover your kit cannot and does not operate after they have paid $10 000 USD or more. There is a long old history of post-embarassment cover ups. In fact, I would venture that most so called conspiracy theory is nothing of the sort, but that post-event cover ups of ignorance, stupidity, or corruption to save face are an extremely common problem.

I would bet a buck to nothing that you cannot produce a substantial history of shills and suckers owning up. versus those who did not. Luckily thay are nearly always caught out eventually. Your odds are now very short.

So, onto:

5. Maybe you should talk to General Shultz or Lt. Col. Mitton who asked H3 to train their troops.

Either you provide us with their full contact details, or we will track these people down, and gently explain, if true they are using your kit, to get over to MIT pronto.

Quite a few so called military men (and in their cases I use military very lightly indeed) have been suckered or sucked into this fraud. Witness: General al Jabiri, Iraq; Colonel John Wyatt, SDS Group Ltd, UK; Horizon Group, India, General Pierre Hadji Georgiou
Note: all retired, as far as we know.

Their military positions and self proclaimed expertise got them nowhere fast. Jabiri is charged with corruption, White is under investigation by UK Police, Georgiou is under investigation by International authorities. We are yet to pin down where we are up to in India with Horizon Group, but we will.

Military/Official title does not offer immunity to stupidity or corruption. I could quote you reams of history to demonstrate this.

However, let me state here and now that I have the greatest respect for the Armed Forces as a whole. I am no peacenik, or anti-Military nut, as a matter of personal philosophy.

In fact, if I haven't told you before, I am partially motivated by my love, respect and friendship for, and with Lt Cmdr P, US Navy Seal, Underwater EOD. Sadly no longer with us. This man was a true hero. Served in Vietnam, behind enemy lines. A man who did many other services for his country. A man who rose from a poor background to the Navy Academy. Now, he was a man of god, but he never ever preached his god, or tried to sell his god to anyone. His was a personal god.

He, along with many other men and women I have met who have served with distinction, far greater than I have or ever can, are my personal heroes.

He hated bovine scatology.

I will not reveal his full name for the sake of his family, as I would never want any of them subjected to an attack like yours on me.

Not that I mind because I have the hide of a rhino!

Now, back to the key issues.

6. I will give you a personal invitation to come over and let H3 take you around to our Oil rigs, our gold & silver mines that were all started because the H3 told us there were resources there.

All we need for now is the co-ordinates of these facilities, and some official, verifiable documentation of their operation and output. I will explain, we will carry out a study, to determine what the density of already known similar, or indicative mineral deposits/known geological indications there were in the areas you are supposedly operating in.

The net yield/value of the deposits you claim to have discovered. The density of previous treasure hunting in these areas, and verifiable recorded finds. The full history of mining in the area.etc. that will determine whether you could, in any real likelihood, have used H3tec to discover any proven, significant mined deposits without any other means whatsoever. From this we can work out some odds of therefore discovering such deposits by chance.

We also ask that you will agree to any challenge from any recognised institution e.g. MIT. Cambridge University, The Geological Society, The Smithsonian Institute, Imperail College London; The Royal Society; or similar, World renowned scientific establishment.

O.K. If you can get anywhere near to answering these questions with any degree of lucidity, and avoiding calling me a girly boy, which seriously does not work, then you may be on the road to redemption.

I have demonstrated I have listened as you asked, by deconstructing your so called evidence. The ball is in your court.

If you do wish to take me to Court, my answer is, why not come over and try our Libel laws? They can be very generous if you win!! Mind you, I think Eady is on his way out. Alternatively, I will happily respond in any of the following jursidictions: New York City; Washington D.C.; Boston, Mass; or any other U.S location where there has been a terrorist outrage or mass shooting incident in the past: Madrid, Spain; Baghdad, Iraq; Denmark; Holland; Greece; France; Canada; New Zealand; Australia; Sweden; Norway; South Africa; Germany; Thailand; Mexico; Belgium; Romania; Moscow; China.

I will consider other proposals, but nowhere where religious faith may dominate proceedings.

Or, you could go for extradition?

In fact, I think I might test your suggestion that I am on the U.S. "no fly list" theorem soon.

If you issue legitimate, verifiable proceedings against me, in any reasonable jurisdiction, acceptable to me, I will personally appear.

That is a promise.

I hope all that read this understand. Now that we know thousands have lost their lives, and liberty and reasonable freedoms, and vast amounts of money wasted because of this scandal, it simply does not have much of a shelf life left, at least on an International trade and Western Governments level.

After that Asia, Africa, and South America can catch up when they can.

If you do your research we have done it in Thailand, where we have embarassed one of the most corrupt Governments on Earth into carrying out proper testingt that proved the GT200, Alpha 6, and HEDD1 (formerly Sniffex) were frauds. We have won in Iraq and In the UK.

We can and will do this anywhere we choose to target.

We will essentially shut down this trade to all but the most fanatical dowsers, and perhaps a handful of suckers here and there, but not on such a vast scale as we have seen so far.

And to finish, in our short, meaningless little lives here on this wonderous planet, in this fabulous universe, we will, in our little way, have contributed far more than you ever do. My credit in this is of little or no importance. Everywhere you look I credit others and seek no fame. But, if you want to call me out for a proper fight (legal of course) in a proper arena, out I shall jolly well come.

Looking forward to your response.

END OF RESPONSE.

There you have it folks. I think it's checkmate...but who am I to say?

HIS FULL EMAIL TO ME:

It seems everyone thinks you are crazy. I don’t think you are, but you have a egomaniac complex which is most likely caused from a bi-polar condition. You suffer from personality transference where you are insignificant to the world, and thru this in your mind become someone when you are being a TV personality. I don’t mean Television either.

I will answer the question… No you listen to my answer. Our technology was completely vetted by two national laboratories(that to universities recommended), and some independent businessmen who did so before they could nominate the technology for the Stoel Rives / Utah technologies innovation awards. Of course I didn’t win the overall prize, but I did come in second. We took the best in state, and the IQ awards. Any of your “buddies” done that ? This is all public information and while you are posting your “opinion” on line you should also post facts. I know it won’t work for you as that is not what is inside you. You wouldn’t know right from wrong if it jumped up and bit you.

You are a pathetic little girly boy. It must be sad to be trapped in your mind. I’m still praying for you that you will find some peace and happiness. It’s much more fun to do work in the light and not scurry from it like a cockroach.

We’ve been in business for over 10 years. Never been sued, nor do we have any dissatisfied customers due to our technology or business practice. Can you say that for anything you have ever done? I doubt it very much…

So try as you will God will confound your efforts as He is right now. I get emails from all the folks you are sending your questions too. They all state you must be crazy and that the feel so sorry for you that you are wasting your time and efforts. Most of them think you are capable of doing damage to them. Personally if you are truly in England I’m sure you can’t get a plane ticket to the USA as you are on the no fly list and have been diagnosed as a lunatic. Must be a dark place you live in. I will give you a personal invitation to come over and let H3 take you around to our Oil rigs, our gold & silver mines that were all started because the H3 told us there were resources there. So when you talk about billions of dollars, I’m sure you don’t have to shekels to rub together. I’m pretty sure we are doing just fine, and not from sales, we do that as a side line to our non hobby business. Maybe you should talk to General Shultz or Lt. Col. Mitton who asked H3 to train their troops. Oh but, you think in your mind that we are a fraud… silly little girly boy…. Make sure you keep on your medication as prescribed, don’t drink so much and walk a few miles every day. Get healthy you will be much more happy. Get your criminal problems over so you can come to the states and go out with on a project. We have so many we can’t keep up and you could help.

We are praying for you and please know you are in our good thoughts.
Old 2nd March 2011, 04:22 PM   #315
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

Forgive me if you think me delusional, but I think two things come from our campaign:

1. Some success.

2. A framework for other campaigns, whether homeopathy or ....... We will try to establish a database of skeptics, so that we can campaign far more effectively and quickly across the World.

Grandiose? yes/ but technically simple. So, let's win this war and the next. We cannot cure World poverty overnight, but we sure can slam Hundreds of Millions of Dollars of scams very quickly if we have the will. Petitions do not do it. Concerted campaigns of targeted tactics work.
Old 3rd March 2011, 03:35 PM   #316
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

Easy sign petition here

Thanks!

https://www.change.org/petitions/dem...new=f&opt_fb=f
Old 8th March 2011, 12:15 PM   #317
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

Down mexico way

We are currently carrying out a full on assault on the continued use of the GT200 in Mexico, in support of our friend and fellow warrior, Andres Tonini.

The issue has received far too little coverage and no action has been taken apparently to stop using these death trap fake detectors.

Anyone want to join in, we are emailing all Mexican media, authorities and external business and political partners we can find. If they are doing business or working in Mexico, then they are at risk.

Already the blog stats on Mexico are going way up, so we are hopeful that it is going to be picked up and action taken.

The more pressure, the more emails, the more blog pieces, the better the chance of making progress. So come on. Join in. Very happy to provide email database to anyone who wishes to help. Please just PM.

And see thread on H3Tec for latest blow against Chuck Christensen and his ludicrous little dowsing toy.
Old 8th March 2011, 12:27 PM   #318
George152
Master Poster

Although Techo is strictly correct in his definition, would actually prefer to see McCormick et al going down, as in on a hangmans noose!!

Still, a long term in the clink (prison), with confiscation of all assets would be a start!!

Bet there are a few military people out there who would like to wring his neck too!!Maybe any who have lost comrades due to failed bomb detection....
The ideal punishment in this instance would be to send him out into a street packed with mock IED's and a couple of real ones. He has to find the real ones before they explode.
Old 8th March 2011, 12:31 PM   #319
George152
Master Poster

How about including those of us who are not Americans ?
Otherwise a great idea
Old 8th March 2011, 01:07 PM   #320
Dubious Dick
Critical Thinker

All welcome!!!

Originally Posted by George152 View Post
How about including those of us who are not Americans ?
Otherwise a great idea

Anyone can join in!!! Go For It!!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal