ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , Bob Gimlin , Patterson-Gimlin film , Roger Patterson

Reply
Old 11th May 2009, 07:21 AM   #81
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,528
And I applaud Paul for his decision and stance
LONGTABBER PE is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 11:59 AM   #82
mikeyx
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,568
Originally Posted by LONGTABBER PE View Post
And I applaud Paul for his decision and stance
Considering the issue at hand is whether or not "certain" questions should be allowed or not being all the huh ub, I would be more appreciative of the stance if he hadn't been to quick to get touchy about percieving folks as attacking Dr Meldrum last summer when it was merely a qustion of why some PHDs and like educated folks can be questioned; Farenbach, Bindernagle, davis among others but Meldrum is untouchable.

Just saying....
mikeyx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 12:05 PM   #83
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,528
Originally Posted by mikeyx View Post
Considering the issue at hand is whether or not "certain" questions should be allowed or not being all the huh ub, I would be more appreciative of the stance if he hadn't been to quick to get touchy about percieving folks as attacking Dr Meldrum last summer when it was merely a qustion of why some PHDs and like educated folks can be questioned; Farenbach, Bindernagle, davis among others but Meldrum is untouchable.

Just saying....
LOL true
LONGTABBER PE is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 12:16 PM   #84
desertyeti
Muse
 
desertyeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 835
There can only be one master and one apprentice.
For a long while Green was the master, Krantz was the apprentice.
Then Krantz was master, and Meldrum his apprenctice.
Now Meldrum is master...but who is the apprentice?
Cloaked is the Dark Side...
__________________
"He is a sick, demented yeti."

They only poo in other dimensions!
desertyeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 01:04 PM   #85
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
Paul @ the BFF rips into those in charge of the Yakima event.

As usual, no-one bothers to tell me anything, and this morning is the first I have heard of this, it is unfreakingbelieveable!


Tom, Bart, you are both friends of mine, but so is Scott, and to treat him in this way is the very last thing I would have expected from you - I can't put this strongly enough, I think the actions of the organisers on behalf of Bob Gimlin are disgusting. Bob has clearly stated that he sent the email, but that Tom and he were in agreement about the decision and the reasons for it.


I am grateful to Tom for organising a ticket for me, and I was very upset at not being able to attend because of pressures at work. Frankly, I'm glad it panned out that way - If I had been sitting here on this Monday morning planning to board a flight on Thursday, I would now be in a real quandry deciding whether I could in all faith attend an event where a long-standing, reputable member of the bigfoot community is barred from a public 'conference' (Tom's word, not mine) just because he dares to suggest that the PGF might be a hoax and for repeating that an arrest warrant was once issued against Bob Gimlin. I suspect I may well have bailed on the event given the choice, since I too am skeptical of the PGF - I wasn't there, and therefore cannot be 100% certain that it is genuine - and so I would also not have been welcome at this event.


Lets be honest about this, this isn't Beckjord we are talking about, none of you for a second think that Scott would disrupt the event in any way, shape or form, so you have barred him simply because of his opinion - that's a really ****** thing to do. Tell me Tom/Bobo, what did Bob Gimlin have to say about this decision you made on his behalf? What's that? you didn't tell him you say? Didn't think so - I however do care about his reputation, and feel that the organisers are damaging it, and so I will be sending Gimlin a printout of this thread. I think he needs to know what the 'friends of Bob Gimlin' are doing on his behalf.


Presumably Tom/Bart/Bobo, you are also barring Bob Gimlin from this event, since he too has gone on record as saying that there is a possibility that Patterson pulled off a hoax?








Don't think for a second that you will be allowed to promote any further events on this forum, and don't give me the "we aren't promoting this on BFF" crap - of course you are.
Bob Gimlin reads BFF?
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 01:19 PM   #86
GT/CS
Illuminator
 
GT/CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 4,925
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Bob Gimlin reads BFF?
I think he's saying that Gimlin does not read the BFF and does not know what his 'friends' are doing, so Paul is going to send him a printout of the thread.
__________________
Normal in a weird way.
GT/CS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 02:04 PM   #87
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,528
Its a damn meltdown now- threats to copyright all the presentations ( LOL) and no reporting.

What a mess
LONGTABBER PE is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 02:32 PM   #88
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme
 
Vortigern99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 7,905
a long-standing, reputable member of the bigfoot community is barred from a public 'conference' (Tom's word, not mine) just because he dares to suggest that the PGF might be a hoax and for repeating that an arrest warrant was once issued against Bob Gimlin.

Surely there's more to it than this; but if there isn't -- if this quote accurately sums up what happened -- it's head-shakingly small-minded and just plain wrong, IMO.

Presumably Tom/Bart/Bobo, you are also barring Bob Gimlin from this event, since he too has gone on record as saying that there is a possibility that Patterson pulled off a hoax?


Good point. Can the organizers hope to bar everyone from attending who happens to believe the PGF might be a hoax? Isn't this thought-policing of the lowest order? Is the BF community truly now a cult/church where "non-believers" are disallowed from attending otherwise public conferences, based on their thoughts and opinions?

/shudder/
__________________
"I'm 'willing to admit' any fact that can be shown to be evidential and certain." -- Vortigern99

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 02:47 PM   #89
mangler
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 391
And the headline reads...

The rodeo came to town but only the clowns showed up.


m
mangler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 03:39 PM   #90
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
I think he's saying that Gimlin does not read the BFF and does not know what his 'friends' are doing, so Paul is going to send him a printout of the thread.
I think that was the implication. I'm more interested to know that Gimlin connects with Bigfooters by email. I wonder how much Gimlin reads about himself and the PGF online.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 04:18 PM   #91
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Round-Up organizer Bobo assures Scott Herriott (Yetifan) he would have been physically assaulted for publically questioning the PGF and having reservations about its authenticity if he attended the event:

Originally Posted by Bobo @ BFF
i wrote it. i wrote you an honest, man to man, response. i thought you deserved it. and it seems all of your years in hollywood has confused you when presented with such an address. all who reserved before feb were granted tickets. only 2 on the waiting list weren't granted tickets. the other person we denied was very understanding and sent bob his best. everyone else there is there to celebrate the film and support bob. he has endured 40+ years of self styled experts, supposed journalists etc... directly cast indictments on either his truthfulness or his abiltily to ascertain the proper dimensions of a 5'10"loser alcoholic in an ape suit or a 7 1/2 foot 600+lb unknown primate. that looked him in the eye, where he personally saw muscles rippling under hair. which is it?
bob has hunted, tracked and shot numerous deer, elk and antelope, some in excess of 700 lbs. he was the preeminent tracker in his area and an undisputed master. bob is still a highly sought after horse trainer and respected member of the back country horsemen association. his hunting acumen, skill and knowledge is unquestioned by those who know him and the subjects. the only people i've ever seen question his judgment are city boys and those with no knowledge of the outdoors and animals. i know there are those who don't fall into either category that feel it could be fake. i just personally haven''t met any. especially any that know bob personally.
also, i don't think you would want to be the guy there who has openly dissed the 78 year old, chiricahua apache elder, boxing(155-0) champ and rodeo legend at a ranch with all of his friends and family present. i guarantee all of your internet banter and wit would result in a good ol' fashioned ass whoopin'. we're doing you a favor.
the earth isn't flat, the sun doesn't revolve around the earth. you've chosen the wrong side of history unfortunately. roger and bob DID film a an unknown, to science, bipedal primate.
and bob knows nothing of this, and tom didn't make the invite decisions alone. we're offering no apologies, we didn't do anything wrong. also, we didn't use the bigfoot fourms for free advertising. someone else started this thread and we thought we were being accomodating by personally relaying info on it. i could just imagine the reaction of bff'ers if we had advertised on the bfro forum first. and this is the exact kind of crap that kept me away from the bff. i want to discus bigfoot with other knowledgable field researchers. i don't really care what armchair and internet researchers think.
the fact is we are putting on a truly historic get together with an unprecedented attendance list of bigfoot notables. there is going to be history making evidence revealed and it is all done in bob gimlin's honor. and what an honorable man he is is reflected in the speakers and attendance lists. by the end of next weekend the debate will have shifted from 'is it real?' to 'what type of being is that?'.
http://www.bigfootforums.com/index.p...c=24400&st=198

Guano fanatic cult freak.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6

Last edited by kitakaze; 11th May 2009 at 04:31 PM. Reason: add llink
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 04:26 PM   #92
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur
 
Skeptical Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Just past ' Resume Speed ' .
Posts: 15,855
Priceless....
__________________
" The main problem I have with the idea of heaven, is the thought of
spending eternity with most of the people who claim to be going there. "
Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 04:31 PM   #93
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme
 
Vortigern99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 7,905
Oh, I see. "Bobo" is actually protecting Scott Herriott (Yetifan) from harm. Because apparently, BF enthusiasts are a violent folk, incapable of controlling themselves when it comes to forcing their beliefs down other people's throats, and/or assaulting non-believers who show up at their worship services, I mean public conferences.
__________________
"I'm 'willing to admit' any fact that can be shown to be evidential and certain." -- Vortigern99

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 04:51 PM   #94
makaya325
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,325
Originally Posted by Vortigern99 View Post
Oh, I see. "Bobo" is actually protecting Scott Herriott (Yetifan) from harm. Because apparently, BF enthusiasts are a violent folk, incapable of controlling themselves when it comes to forcing their beliefs down other people's throats, and/or assaulting non-believers who show up at their worship services, I mean public conferences.
The field of Bigfootry is heading south.
makaya325 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 04:58 PM   #95
Blackdog
Critical Thinker
 
Blackdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 408
To be fair you're generalizing. There are very many even keeled people interested in the bigfoot thing. The people responsible for this are extremists in a jihad sort of way.
Maybe this marks the beginnings of the Bigfoot Jihad (c).

BigfootDad is the boy scout type (no offense to Boy Scouts) who's life is so immersed in bigfoot that there is barely anything else. He's a musician who writes bigfoot songs. I doubt he's ever met a bigfooter he doesn't like. He's a bigfoot cheerleader more or less.
I have to admit I'm pretty shocked by his outbursts, this was the first time I've ever seen him say anything remotely negative about anyone, and we went WAAAAY over the top. I think that shows what was hiding behind all the goody-goody facade.

I've had some earlier dealings with Jim "Bobo" Fay (not outing him, it's common knowledge and on the internet to find) and he's always come across as a real jackass
in the Matt Moneymaker sence, so I'm not surprised. In fact since he started posting at BFF it makes me wonder if he's responsible for some of the vitriol Moneymakers been blamed for.

Both these guys are long time BFRO members and I wonder if the Moneymaker circle the wagons mentality has ingrained itself in their everyday thinking. Talk about cult-like.

Bart is a very nice guy (I've spoken to him on the phone several times) and I think he just got caught up defending his freinds and probably wishes he could take back some of what he's said. I sincerely hope he doesn't follow the same path as these other two.

Those are the players on that side, I hardly think that includes, or should include, all "BF enthusiasts".
Blackdog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 05:14 PM   #96
makaya325
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,325
Name one professional footer who isnt an extremist.
makaya325 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 05:15 PM   #97
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme
 
Vortigern99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 7,905
I consider myself to have once been a BF enthusiast. I still devote an inordinate amount of time to discussing the possibility of its existence. Several of my close friends are experts in the paranormal who also share an interest in the 'Foot. They, and I, are mostly mild-mannered people who are given neither to bursts of belief-defending violence nor proselytizing speeches.

Which is what makes Fay's statements -- that he was protecting Herriot from physical violence at the hands of BF enthusiasts -- so peculiar. It also accounts for my use of the icon at the end of my above post, which was meant to show that I was being ironic.
__________________
"I'm 'willing to admit' any fact that can be shown to be evidential and certain." -- Vortigern99

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 05:20 PM   #98
makaya325
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,325
Originally Posted by Vortigern99 View Post
I consider myself to have once been a BF enthusiast. I still devote an inordinate amount of time to discussing the possibility of its existence. Several of my close friends are experts in the paranormal who also share an interest in the 'Foot. They, and I, are mostly mild-mannered people who are given neither to bursts of belief-defending violence nor proselytizing speeches.

Which is what makes Fay's statements -- that he was protecting Herriot from physical violence at the hands of BF enthusiasts -- so peculiar. It also accounts for my use of the icon at the end of my above post, which was meant to show that I was being ironic.
Vort, didnt you believe its a biological impossibility for it to exist? I think that you like discussing the whole topic of bigfoot, and the people in bigfootry?
makaya325 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 05:25 PM   #99
Blackdog
Critical Thinker
 
Blackdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 408
Originally Posted by makaya325 View Post
Name one professional footer who isnt an extremist.
Name one professional footer. Then you tell me how they are an extremist in the sense I was referring.

I was talking about bigfoot enthusiasts who Vort mentioned in his post, I guess that WAAY over your head.

Last edited by Blackdog; 11th May 2009 at 05:27 PM.
Blackdog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 05:50 PM   #100
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme
 
Vortigern99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 7,905
Originally Posted by makaya325 View Post
Vort, didnt you believe its a biological impossibility for it to exist? I think that you like discussing the whole topic of bigfoot, and the people in bigfootry?
I think it's highly unlikely/improbable that BF exists. It's possible, but improbable.

Until today, I have never spent any amount of time discussing "the people in bigfootery". This is new territory for me. Mostly I enjoy discussing, as I've said, the possibility of the animal's existence, the evidence (such as it is) for the animal's existence, and specifically the legitimacy of the P-G film.

What's your point here?
__________________
"I'm 'willing to admit' any fact that can be shown to be evidential and certain." -- Vortigern99

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 06:14 PM   #101
mangler
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 391


The dog made me do it.


m
mangler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 06:57 PM   #102
makaya325
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,325
Originally Posted by Vortigern99 View Post
I think it's highly unlikely/improbable that BF exists. It's possible, but improbable.

Until today, I have never spent any amount of time discussing "the people in bigfootery". This is new territory for me. Mostly I enjoy discussing, as I've said, the possibility of the animal's existence, the evidence (such as it is) for the animal's existence, and specifically the legitimacy of the P-G film.

What's your point here?
I am not sure myself.
makaya325 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2009, 08:22 PM   #103
Kilaak Kommander
Critical Thinker
 
Kilaak Kommander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 343
Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
To be fair you're generalizing. There are very many even keeled people interested in the bigfoot thing.
Indeed. Most footers seem to be gentle souls and perfectly decent people. There are any number of them I'd like to share a cold beer with.

It's sort of a thankless, unappreciated hobby as it is. If they went fishing, at least they'd be likely to bring home dinner. On the best day of your footing career you might bring back muddy plaster and a bag of bear poop. Which makes the occasional infighting and schisms that much more unfortunate.
Kilaak Kommander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 12:10 AM   #104
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
To be fair you're generalizing. There are very many even keeled people interested in the bigfoot thing. The people responsible for this are extremists in a jihad sort of way.
Maybe this marks the beginnings of the Bigfoot Jihad (c).

BigfootDad is the boy scout type (no offense to Boy Scouts) who's life is so immersed in bigfoot that there is barely anything else. He's a musician who writes bigfoot songs. I doubt he's ever met a bigfooter he doesn't like. He's a bigfoot cheerleader more or less.
I have to admit I'm pretty shocked by his outbursts, this was the first time I've ever seen him say anything remotely negative about anyone, and we went WAAAAY over the top. I think that shows what was hiding behind all the goody-goody facade.

I've had some earlier dealings with Jim "Bobo" Fay (not outing him, it's common knowledge and on the internet to find) and he's always come across as a real jackass
in the Matt Moneymaker sence, so I'm not surprised. In fact since he started posting at BFF it makes me wonder if he's responsible for some of the vitriol Moneymakers been blamed for.


Both these guys are long time BFRO members and I wonder if the Moneymaker circle the wagons mentality has ingrained itself in their everyday thinking. Talk about cult-like.

Bart is a very nice guy (I've spoken to him on the phone several times) and I think he just got caught up defending his freinds and probably wishes he could take back some of what he's said. I sincerely hope he doesn't follow the same path as these other two.

Those are the players on that side, I hardly think that includes, or should include, all "BF enthusiasts".
Why does it not surprise me this douchebag is longtime BFRO? I can not believe these guys. I personally think these two have given Bigfootery a huge kick in the nuts at a time when it really didn't need it. I can fully understand Round-Up Bigfooters scoffing at the idea of me showing up. That's fine, enjoy, lock the gates and peek outside. But I really must stress how @#$%ing cult what these guys did is. Here's another Bigfoot proponent, Scott Herriott (seen here talking to Anderson Cooper about Bigfoot), who has publicly nationwide across America advocated Bigfoot as something serious to consider. The guy four years ago - that's 4 years ago - relays in a discussion the words that Greg Long wrote about Gimlin being issued an arrest warrant. He doesn't call Gimlin a liar at all. Check this thread at BFF where BigfootDad/Tom responds to Scott about denying him attendance to the Round-Up where he straight-up lies:

Originally Posted by BigfootDad @ BFF
All sniping aside? no, you sniped pretty darn good and missed the point...you have publicly ridiculed the man and insulted his
integrity. Boom... many people asked me, "He asked for a ticket? some nerve."


Volsquatch, you'd meet the man if you ever make it out here. Now if you go and call him a "liar," then maybe not....


Here's his one opportunity to host an event, with significant support from highly regarded researchers, and yes, at the
point where we have to enjoy this day vs. having someone there who's publicly written offensive comments ("Bob gimlin is a liar" - Scott Herriott), it was an easy choice. We'll enjoy the day. There will be excellent information. Nothing to with "believers" but those who reserved tickets have tickets. Those that asked for them in Feb, have tickets. Those that have been offensive and disrespectful and asked for tickets in Feb, well we'll see you at the next gathering when it's at a hotel in Seattle.

Thanks for airing your dirty laundry publicly. Classy move, Y-fan!
Wolftrax then presses Tom to quote where Scott said Gimlin lied and Tom says he just got the impression and says to check Scott's posts in the following thread. Check this and the next page out from 2005 (everything Yetifan):

http://www.bigfootforums.com/index.p...ic=13602&st=33

Scott makes the point that there is a reason to question Gimlin and explicitly states:

Originally Posted by Yetifan @ BFF
soarwing wrote:

Quote:
Heronimous has nothing significant to support his claim of being in the PGF.
Other than...

1) He knew both Patterson and Gimlin and worked on Patterson's documentary with him.

2) Fits the basic body type of the PGF film subject.

3) Passed a lie detector on a nationally televised show claiming he's the the film subject in the PGF. Gimlin, for whatever reason, hasn't taken one.

This post has been edited by Yetifan: Dec 9 2005, 07:17 PM
And more importantly:

Originally Posted by Yetifan
soarwing wrote:

Quote:
What does Gimlin's arrest record have to do with the PGF, exactly? Did he lie about his arrest record?... Seems like he did to me....People are liars.
Exactly. The point about Gimlin's lying about his arrest record wasn't proof he was part of any possible hoax involved in the PGF. It's directed, as has been said before, at those who feel Gimlin is beyond reproach when it comes to telling the truth.
All he does is express reasons to not consider Gimlin beyond reproach and to not completely scoff at Heironimus' claims. Once again, this is four years ago and the reason Tom is citing as why Scott is being denied. This is why Jim "Bobo" Fay is telling Scott he would be assaulted if he attended the Round-Up. This is the same event they are calling a conference and advertising the presentation of crucial evidence that will prove the PGF is not a suit. Scott willingly expresses a desire to look at this apparently compelling evidence and be convinced.

These guys are mental. Denying a fellow Bigfoot enthusiast access to a publicly advertised event because he expressed doubts regarding the film four years ago. They should just go ahead and get matching bowl cuts and robes and brand each other. Tom Yamarone and Jim Fay are a couple of the worst fanatic cult freaks I've ever seen in Bigfootery.

Here is a link to a "Let's Talk Bigfoot" interview with Jim Fay (his second at the time) where he is interview by Teresa Hall and basically chucks out every excuse in the book for not having decent evidence of his many claimed Bigfoot encounters:

http://recordings.talkshoe.com/rss30301.xml

His buddy Bart that Blackdog mentioned (who defended Tom and Jim but later withdrew his support in the BFF thread) gets on the phone and talks with Jim for a while. Jim "Bobo, the guano fanatical cult freak violence threatening footer geek loser thug" Fay can also be seen in the "Legend of the Hairy Beast" episode of MonsterQuest where Jim tools around in a boat on the Klamath River looking for Bigfoot with thermal imaging equipment. Check here starting at 2:22:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


In his radio interview with Teresa Hall Bobo says that he was responsible for gathering native witnesses for the MQ episode. Tom Yamarone can bee seen here performing his worship hymn "Roger and Bob Rode Out That Day":

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


So basically these guys are a couple of blank-eyed, drooling cultish idiots who want to surround their culthead personality American legend salt-of-the-Earth with adoring believers and will lash out viciously at anyone who expresses any kind of doubt of the idol, the PGF and its creators, even if it is several years ago from a fellow enthusiast.

Scum. Filth loser scum. Like Sweaty after swimming in a sewer X 100.

I spit on you. Boo. Hiss. Venom. Poison. Blaaaah. Barf. Vomit. Nauseating ***holes.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 03:07 AM   #105
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
It's officially a kerfuffle:

http://www.bigfootforums.com/index.php?showtopic=26391

Cult Freak Tom Yamarone is planning on telling attendees after they have attended the gathering that they may not post photos of the event on the BFF:

Originally Posted by Cult Freak Tom to Paul1968UK @ BFF
After they attend the event, they will be informed of what we are asking.
guess you'd have to be there to know.
I'll say, "We'll see who posts a photo of the bigfoot round-up at the bigfootforums. I doubt
any will." so nope, right now it's just business as usual. and of course, I misspoke.
sure, reporting from the event will occur...just not photographs...without the written permission of the bigfoot round-up.
Does Cult Freak Tom not know what the hell country he's in? Good luck getting people to go along with being told what they can do with their photos of an event they bought tickets for plus travel and accommodation with no stipulations specified. On the way in - "Can I see your state driver's license, please?" On the way out - "We ask that you not post any photos on the Bigfoot Forums." Who the @#$% are you? Do you think we're in China? Good luck with that, Cult Freak and Fanatic Dude. That's the one thing I love about the USA. People get really enthusiastic when you start trying to impose upon their personal freedoms.

I encourage every person asked to not post their photos on the BFF after the event this weekend to say "No thanks. I'm an American (Canadian, or *insert democratically free nation here*. The guy showing up from Russia can just hand his camera over)." If they insist you can ask them where they think your camera is and what they think they are going to do about it.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6

Last edited by kitakaze; 12th May 2009 at 03:10 AM.
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 03:42 AM   #106
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,528
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
It's officially a kerfuffle:

http://www.bigfootforums.com/index.php?showtopic=26391

Cult Freak Tom Yamarone is planning on telling attendees after they have attended the gathering that they may not post photos of the event on the BFF:



Does Cult Freak Tom not know what the hell country he's in? Good luck getting people to go along with being told what they can do with their photos of an event they bought tickets for plus travel and accommodation with no stipulations specified. On the way in - "Can I see your state driver's license, please?" On the way out - "We ask that you not post any photos on the Bigfoot Forums." Who the @#$% are you? Do you think we're in China? Good luck with that, Cult Freak and Fanatic Dude. That's the one thing I love about the USA. People get really enthusiastic when you start trying to impose upon their personal freedoms.

I encourage every person asked to not post their photos on the BFF after the event this weekend to say "No thanks. I'm an American (Canadian, or *insert democratically free nation here*. The guy showing up from Russia can just hand his camera over)." If they insist you can ask them where they think your camera is and what they think they are going to do about it.
I had a mailbox full of questions this morning regarding those copyright threats.

The presentations of the presenters remains their whole and exclusive work unless it was purchased or otherwise transferred so nothing he is stammering about has any weight.

Also, people taking pictures of people, the building etc arent covered .He is confusing this with like a sports event there the building is leased and someone owns the teams- that doesnt apply here.

This is just a moron spouting off.
LONGTABBER PE is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 06:39 AM   #107
desertyeti
Muse
 
desertyeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 835
__________________
"He is a sick, demented yeti."

They only poo in other dimensions!
desertyeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 08:57 AM   #108
mikeyx
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,568
Originally Posted by LONGTABBER PE View Post
Its a damn meltdown now- threats to copyright all the presentations ( LOL) and no reporting.

What a mess

A bfro member threatening copyright, they already do that with their reports, why sirprising. Or at least they claim all rights to them.
mikeyx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 09:04 AM   #109
mikeyx
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,568
Originally Posted by Vortigern99 View Post
a long-standing, reputable member of the bigfoot community is barred from a public 'conference' (Tom's word, not mine) just because he dares to suggest that the PGF might be a hoax and for repeating that an arrest warrant was once issued against Bob Gimlin.

Surely there's more to it than this; but if there isn't -- if this quote accurately sums up what happened -- it's head-shakingly small-minded and just plain wrong, IMO.

Presumably Tom/Bart/Bobo, you are also barring Bob Gimlin from this event, since he too has gone on record as saying that there is a possibility that Patterson pulled off a hoax?


Good point. Can the organizers hope to bar everyone from attending who happens to believe the PGF might be a hoax? Isn't this thought-policing of the lowest order? Is the BF community truly now a cult/church where "non-believers" are disallowed from attending otherwise public conferences, based on their thoughts and opinions?

/shudder/
Yes it is, and without going into detail it casts some clarity into the more "political/backstabby" nature of various otherwise well regarding members of the bigfoot "community"
mikeyx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 09:06 AM   #110
mikeyx
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,568
Originally Posted by makaya325 View Post
The field of Bigfootry is heading south.
actually some of us are much more interesting in goign into the woods to look rather than wasting time at ******** conferences.
mikeyx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 10:41 AM   #111
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,528
Originally Posted by mikeyx View Post
A bfro member threatening copyright, they already do that with their reports, why sirprising. Or at least they claim all rights to them.
Thats a little different because if a person sends a report to the BFRO then its "their" report to do with as they see fit. (and the reporter unless there is some kind of agreement in place) Thus they have all rights to them.

In this case, Bill ( and from what I hear a few others) are using this as a forum to present BILL's work. Thats a totally different thing.

I do this almost every day on a client site. One part in our standard NDA pertains to presentations/produced works etc. The clients get ownership and thus copyright but thats fine because we are creating it for them anyway. Thats just a normal part of everyday industry security protocol.

But if they didnt demand that in an NDA- our work would be ours ( as far as the written stuff) because then its like buying a book.

I "sold" them the paper etc ( copy of the book) but we would retain copyright of the original.
LONGTABBER PE is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 12:24 PM   #112
makaya325
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,325
Originally Posted by mikeyx View Post
actually some of us are much more interesting in goign into the woods to look rather than wasting time at ******** conferences.
That is what it should be all about my man!
makaya325 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 06:42 PM   #113
AtomicMysteryMonster
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,004
Quote:
i wrote it. i wrote you an honest, man to man, response. i thought you deserved it. and it seems all of your years in hollywood has confused you when presented with such an address.
Does that mean that Bill Munns would be confused such things as well? After all, he's spent years in Hollywood too.

Quote:
everyone else there is there to celebrate the film and support bob.
I forget, was this little get-together started by Gimlin or by his "friends?" In any case, it doesn't say a lot about the organizer if they set up an event that's mainly devoted to ego-stroking.

Quote:
he has endured 40+ years of self styled experts, supposed journalists etc... directly cast indictments on either his truthfulness or his abiltily to ascertain the proper dimensions of a 5'10"loser alcoholic in an ape suit
So apparently Bob H. is a loser since he says that he was in the suit and Gimlin was involved in a hoax. I'm guessing the alcoholic claim is due to him hanging around with friends at a local bar.

I wish I could remember whether or not there was a part in The Making of Bigfoot where Bob Gimlin describes Bob H. as a good friend. If that is the case, it's pretty funny that Gimlin would call such a loser a friend. Remember, Bob H. has apparently been telling people in Yakima that he was Patty far before Greg Long entered the picture so it's hard to imagine Gimlin not ever being aware of this.

Let's not forget that Bigfoot expert and PGF cameraman Roger Patterson pissed all over Gimlin's estimate of how far down Patty's arms hung. In fact, what can be seen on the PGF contradicts Bob's claim. And let's not forget Roger using a bent stirrup to contradict Gimlin's version of the events regarding a fallen horse. I guess it's time to beat up a corpse and a reel of film!

As for misjudging the size of a guy in a suit, why not? Despite my thinking that Gimlin had to be in on it, I don't doubt that someone could make such a mistake. Bigfootencounters.com's hoax section is filled with stories of people mistaking people in costumes for Bigfoot. The best example of this is the "canadian bus driver" hoax where a former police officer greatly misjudged the size of a teenager in a suit.

Quote:
or a 7 1/2 foot 600+lb unknown primate.
So if Bill Munns or Jeff Meldrum gives a height for Patty that's greater or lower than that (and thus cast doubt on Gimlin's ability to properly judge height/weight) does that mean they're going to get threatened with physical violence as well?

Quote:
that looked him in the eye, where he personally saw muscles rippling under hair.
Insert William Parcher's "Patty flirting with Bob" joke here.

Quote:
which is it?
What, no option for someone else being in the suit and/or that Bob Gimlin knew it was a hoax?

Quote:
bob has hunted, tracked and shot numerous deer, elk and antelope, some in excess of 700 lbs.
I imagine the purpose of his sentence is to show that Bob Gimlin is an experienced outdoorsman not prone to misidentification and to possibly say that he knows how to properly estimate the weight of something. However, we don't know if he estimated the weights of said animals before killing them and nobody is saying that Patty is a misidentified deer, elk, or antelope. In other words, this is irrelevant.

Quote:
he was the preeminent tracker in his area and an undisputed master.
Like Ivan Marx?

Quote:
the only people i've ever seen question his judgment are city boys and those with no knowledge of the outdoors and animals.
I actually know people who grew up in rural areas who not only think that the PGF is a hoax, but also don't think that Bigfoot exists. In fact, I myself qualify for that category. As for the "no knowledge of the outdoors and animals" comment, haven't people with a background in zoology said the film is a hoax?

Let's not forget that the BFRO endorsed an elk lay and pictures of an emaciated bear as evidence of Bigfoot. So much for having a knowledge of the outdoors and animals.

Quote:
boxing(155-0) champ and rodeo legend at a ranch with all of his friends and family present.
Wait, is he implying that Bob Gimlin would actually trade blows with someone who doesn't believe the PGF is real? That the gathering will turn into a Uwe Boll-style "Raging Bob" slugfest? Wow, what a wonderful image to promote of the man.

It doesn't matter how many fights he's won, it still won't make him right. Nor would it make anyone who beats up a man pushing 80 correct.

Quote:
the earth isn't flat, the sun doesn't revolve around the earth. you've chosen the wrong side of history
Hey, that's my line!

Quote:
unfortunately. roger and bob DID NOT film a an unknown, to science, bipedal primate.
There, I fixed it for ya.

Quote:
and bob knows nothing of this,
Gee, I wonder why? Funny how you don't seem to be making an effort to keep him informed. For all you know, Gimlin might actually want to take such questions.

Quote:
i don't really care what armchair and internet researchers think.
Which is funny, considering how many that the JREF who you'd consider "armchair and internet researchers" have produced better data than the goofy little club that is the BFRO ever has.

Since he doesn't care, I guess this means he won't mind if I don't beg people who post at the BFF to repost this where he could see it.

As a final thought, I wonder whether people praise Gimlin so much since he's still alive or is it because Patterson has a much shadier record?
__________________
Open your mind and let the sun shine in. Let a wild hairy ape in there too, would you please? - William Parcher

You can fool too many of the people too much of the time. - James Thurber
AtomicMysteryMonster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 06:45 PM   #114
AtomicMysteryMonster
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,004
Originally Posted by kitakaze
Wolftrax then presses Tom to quote where Scott said Gimlin lied and Tom says he just got the impression and says to check Scott's posts in the following thread. Check this and the next page out from 2005 (everything Yetifan):
I wonder if everyone here who went on about false quotations (and posts at the BFF) will being chiming in on the matter over there? After all, this is a much better example of that in action than what was being discussed here.
__________________
Open your mind and let the sun shine in. Let a wild hairy ape in there too, would you please? - William Parcher

You can fool too many of the people too much of the time. - James Thurber
AtomicMysteryMonster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2009, 07:34 PM   #115
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme
 
Vortigern99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 7,905
I would just like to thank AMM for his fine, scathing, face-palming rebuttal to Bobo's reprehensible drivel.
__________________
"I'm 'willing to admit' any fact that can be shown to be evidential and certain." -- Vortigern99

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2009, 01:08 PM   #116
makaya325
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,325
As for misjudging the size of a guy in a suit, why not? Despite my thinking that Gimlin had to be in on it, I don't doubt that someone could make such a mistake. Bigfootencounters.com's hoax section is filled with stories of people mistaking people in costumes for Bigfoot. The best example of this is the "canadian bus driver" hoax where a former police officer greatly misjudged the size of a teenager in a suit.[/quote]

Im sorry, but 7ft 300 lbs isnt exactly giant, its quite thin. Perhaps the Policeman's vision was not accurate?
makaya325 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2009, 02:41 PM   #117
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme
 
Vortigern99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 7,905
Im sorry, but 7ft 300 lbs isnt exactly giant, its quite thin.

Well, I'm 6'7", just under 200 lbs, and quite thin. Add another 6 inches and over 100 lbs, and I tend to think the adjective "thin" would no longer apply.

But whatever, I'm quibbling for lack of anything more substantial to discuss. /rests chin on fist, waiting for Munns' report/
__________________
"I'm 'willing to admit' any fact that can be shown to be evidential and certain." -- Vortigern99

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2009, 05:29 PM   #118
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,264
Originally Posted by Vortigern99 View Post
Well, I'm 6'7", just under 200 lbs, and quite thin.
Maybe "Darth Vort" should be changed to "Darth Stretch". I'm 6'3" and living in Japan, everywhere I go I'm always ducking. You'd be screwed.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2009, 03:16 AM   #119
wolftrax
Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 182
The funny thing is Bobo's post was wrought with errors.

Gimlin didn't say Patty was 7 1/2", Krantz wrote that Gimlin gave an estimate of 6'1" or 2".

And Bob Heironimus isn't 5'10", according to Long's Book he is.... 6'2"
wolftrax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2009, 04:23 AM   #120
mangler
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 391


The cat made me do it.


m
mangler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:27 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.