ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 2nd January 2009, 01:57 PM   #1
roundhead
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 824
Two UA 175's took off from Logan?

According to an eyewitness. Pilot Steven Miller

So now we have duplicate planes in Cleveland and Boston

What were these devils up to? that morning
roundhead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 02:10 PM   #2
roundhead
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 824
Originally Posted by UNLoVedRebel View Post
Edited by Tricky:  This post split to AAH.
So you are calling the pilot sitting right behind the "second" 175 on the runway a liar?

He was next in line, 175 took off right in front of him at 8:23/8:24, three minutes ahead of his plane.

The "other" 175, according to official sources(ATC/RADAR DATA) took off at 8:14.

Explain that to me......


From Lynn Spencer's book..Touching History (PAGE 58):


"On the taxi-out in Boston, they ((the pilots of US Airways 6805)) waited at the runway's hold-short line, where Miller looked up to watch a United Boeing 767 take off, United Flight 175. The final weight and balance calculations from dispatch came over the ACARS at 8:05, and with that in hand, the crew was ready to fly. Wide-body aircraft produce especially powerful wingtip vortices - horizontal, tornado-like winds off the ends of the wings - which require time to dissipate before other aircraft can take off, so he waited the required three minutes after United 175 departed before he received his takeoff clearance".

(Lynn Spencer, "Touching History", p. 58)

Last edited by Tricky; 3rd January 2009 at 07:17 AM.
roundhead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 02:18 PM   #3
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 24,730
Originally Posted by roundhead View Post
...
Explain that to me......
1. you are gullible
2. time is relative
3. gate time
4. taxi time
5. take off time
6. lift off time
7. time
8. 9/11 truth is a pack of liars and hearsay mongers
9. 9/11 truth is fooled by the dumbest ideas
10. Lack of understanding of terms

The list goes on
11. you found this at stupidTown, p4tf, where stupid is standard and encouraged by Baslamo

Last edited by beachnut; 2nd January 2009 at 02:20 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 02:47 PM   #4
roundhead
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 824
Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Stop sounding lie a p4t Balsamo clone. Your OP is pure junk.

I gave you why you think two 175s took off on 9/11. Your OP is wrong.

I gave you 11 reasons why you are wrong; do your best to figure it out without wasting my time due to you repeating hearsay junk from p4t and other 9/11 truth sites which spew pure junk ideas, nut case scenarios and pure fantasy.

Present proof, not hearsay.

So far you have no made a case, but to repeat junk from dumb 9/11 truth sites. Step up and do some research. I was trying to help you see why you fell for a lie.

You fell for lie; why?

I quoted(from a published book)that a pilot sitting on the runway behind 175 noted what time it took of, to within a minute.
He fly's out of there(Logan)all the time.

The govt states 175 took off well before(8:14) this pilot was on the runway behind another plane that in fact was 175.

It doesnt square.

You have done zero except throw your hands up and scream.

Explain to me how this pilot didnt know/isnt qualified what plane was in front of him, waiting for its wheels off so he could take off.
When he specifically states it was 175

Last edited by roundhead; 2nd January 2009 at 02:48 PM.
roundhead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 02:52 PM   #5
Bell
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 21,050
Maybe UA175 forgot to pick up a passanger and had to make a roundtrip?
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 02:55 PM   #6
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 24,730
Originally Posted by roundhead View Post
You fell for a lie, why?
Where is the proof? Your facts are hearsay, not facts.

You must produce evidence, not hearsay made up to fool you.

There is one 175 that was hijacked and hit the WTC, you say there were two. Prove it. So far you have hearsay and junk from web sites spewing woo on 9/11. Try some facts; present facts and prove 175 never hit the WTC or what ever you are doing to disrespect those who died on 175.

Do your best.
Good luck; great post of hearsay fantasy stuff made up by 9/11 truthers to mislead others and apologize for terrorists.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 02:57 PM   #7
roundhead
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 824
This pilot, Miller, and the BTS database both square with the tail number of 175 being wheels off at 8:23.

Nothing squares with the OCT that has a 767 wheels off at 8:14 per the govt.
roundhead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 03:04 PM   #8
The Big Dog
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 19,077
Roundhead claims:

"He was next in line, 175 took off right in front of him at 8:23/8:24, three minutes ahead of his plane."

The cite you give (p. 58, touching history) does not support this claim. Please explain.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 03:11 PM   #9
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus
 
Drudgewire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 9,421
It appears this is the source of roundhead's thread:

http://911woodybox.blogspot.com/

From the blog:

Quote:
I am now able to proudly present an eyewitness for the 8:23 wheels-offtime of Flight 175: Steven Miller, US Airways pilot, who was next in line behind Flight 175 to take off from the runway:

Of course he "presents" no such witness. He finds a passage in a book. I fail to see where he's made any contact with the pilot about said "evidence."

And it ends with:

Quote:
The BTS database also reveals that the tail number of the plane that took off at 8:23 was N612UA. This was United Airlines Flight 175. And there is no proof that the plane that took off at 8:14 was indeed N612UA, leading to the conclusion that the pilot only pretended to fly United Airlines Flight 175.

Well, that's certainly a conclusion. "The" conclusion? Where's the ORLY owl when we need him?

But as always, there's no reason for anyone in this stupid movement to let truth stand in the way of "truth."
__________________
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 03:12 PM   #10
roundhead
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 824
Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
Roundhead claims:

"He was next in line, 175 took off right in front of him at 8:23/8:24, three minutes ahead of his plane."

The cite you give (p. 58, touching history) does not support this claim. Please explain.
The bts data base supports his wheels off exactly, and the wheels off of 175 exactly(the plane in front of him)which he said was 175.

As he says 175 was directly in front of him, and the bts agrees with him, that seems like very solid evidence.

This evidence is way more solid than the "other" 175 being wheels off at 8:14, which isnt supported by the bts, and would fly in the face of his supported statement .

There can only be one "175"

Have at unraveling that dilema.
roundhead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 03:14 PM   #11
roundhead
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 824
Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
Roundhead claims:

"He was next in line, 175 took off right in front of him at 8:23/8:24, three minutes ahead of his plane."

The cite you give (p. 58, touching history) does not support this claim. Please explain.
The bts data base supports his wheels off exactly, and the wheels off of 175 exactly(the plane in front of him)which he said was 175.

As he says 175 was directly in front of him, and the bts agrees with him, that seems like very solid evidence.

This evidence is way more solid than the "other" 175 being wheels off at 8:14, which isnt supported by the bts, and would fly in the face of his supported statement .

There can only be one "175"

Have at unraveling that dilema.

In fact, the bts shows NO 767's wheels off around that period of time at all.
roundhead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 03:15 PM   #12
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 24,730
Originally Posted by roundhead View Post
The bts data base supports his wheels off exactly, and the wheels off of 175 exactly(the plane in front of him)which he said was 175.

As he says 175 was directly in front of him, and the bts agrees with him, that seems like very solid evidence.

This evidence is way more solid than the "other" 175 being wheels off at 8:14, which isnt supported by the bts, and would fly in the face of his supported statement .

There can only be one "175"

Have at unraveling that dilema.
Here is what you can do. Get the transcript of the tower. At 8:14 175 takes off, just listen to what takes off at 8:23 and see if Miller planes takeoff after the plane you have taking off at 8:23. What plane was Miller in; tail numbers etc.?

When you have this data, this evidence, and it confirms your plot of two 175s you will have a Pulitzer Prize and you will show me what is what!

Good luck. BTW, there are major flaws in your logic, don’t let my 35 years of flying experience interrupt your fantasy ideas and search for ways to apologize for terrorists.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 03:20 PM   #13
roundhead
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 824
Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Here is what you can do. Get the transcript of the tower. At 8:14 175 takes off, just listen to what takes off at 8:23 and see if Miller planes takeoff after the plane you have taking off at 8:23. What plane was Miller in; tail numbers etc.?

When you have this data, this evidence, and it confirms your plot of two 175s you will have a Pulitzer Prize and you will show me what is what!

Good luck. BTW, there are major flaws in your logic, don’t let my 35 years of flying experience interrupt your fantasy ideas and search for ways to apologize for terrorists.
I dont apologize for terrorists, i just want to look under the correct rock for them


BTS says Miller was wheels off at 8:28, 175 was right in front of him, and BTS has its wheels off as 8:23 .

His story jives.

The govt has 175 wheels off at 8:14 and this DOESNT jive with BTS(which had NO 767's departing then), nor of course does it jive with Miller.

In short, the bts and an experienced pilot agree.

The dish you are slurping out of is unsupported

Last edited by roundhead; 2nd January 2009 at 03:27 PM.
roundhead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 03:24 PM   #14
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing
 
twinstead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 12,367
I also would imagine that the reporter who blew the lid off this story would certainly be up for a Pulitzer Prize. I would also imagine that this story doesn't hold up to scrutiny, but I'll keep an open mind. There certainly is a crap-load of corroborating evidence that would be needed to sway me though.
__________________
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -- Harlan Ellison
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 03:28 PM   #15
roundhead
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 824
Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Here is what you can do. Get the transcript of the tower. At 8:14 175 takes off, just listen to what takes off at 8:23 and see if Miller planes takeoff after the plane you have taking off at 8:23. What plane was Miller in; tail numbers etc.?

When you have this data, this evidence, and it confirms your plot of two 175s you will have a Pulitzer Prize and you will show me what is what!

Good luck. BTW, there are major flaws in your logic, don’t let my 35 years of flying experience interrupt your fantasy ideas and search for ways to apologize for terrorists.


Miller was in USA 6805
roundhead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 03:35 PM   #16
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 24,730
Originally Posted by roundhead View Post
I dont apologize for terrorists, i just want to look under the correct rock for them


BTS says Miller was wheels off at 8:28, 175 was right in front of him, and BTS has its wheels off as 8:23 .

His story jives.

The govt has 175 wheels off at 8:14 and this DOESNT jive with BTS(which had NO 767's departing then, nor of course does it jive with Miller.
OMG, there are 3 175, BTS has a departure time of 7:58! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

OMG, Miller’s departure time is the same as 175 in BTS, 7:58, Is Miller the government shadow flight pilot!? Wowzer. Just wow.

we have been found out, They looked up the BTS stuff

or is BTS time relative

Einstein, where is he when you need him.

Wait

Quote:
. "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." - Albert Einstein
This could be the problem.

Please do some research next time and save the embarrassment of presenting dumb junk you could research and figure out the definitions and methods of time stamping stuff in BTS is not the takeoff time on the ATC tapes. Gee, you have not flown much have you? Do are you p4t pilot, or a just a pilot, like a guide to hearsay?

How can it be? BTS has Miller’s and 175’s departure time the exact same! Is this the smoking gun of smoking guns?
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 03:39 PM   #17
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus
 
Drudgewire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 9,421
Steven Miller seems to featured prominently in "Touching History."

You'd think he might've noticed at some point in the last seven years he was sitting on explosive evidence of a second plane which was used to create a fraudulent version of the worst terrorist act on our soil in history and mentioned it to somebody, or conversely not just mentioned it in passing to an author if he'd been forced to keep quiet about it.

But what do I know? vv
__________________
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 03:41 PM   #18
332nd
Penultimate Amazing
 
332nd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,061
Here is the passage from the book.

Quote:
On the taxi-out in Boston, they ((the pilots of US Airways 6805)) waited at the runway's hold-short line, where Miller looked up to watch a United Boeing 767 take off, United Flight 175. The final weight and balance calculations from dispatch came over the ACARS at 8:05, and with that in hand, the crew was ready to fly. Wide-body aircraft produce especially powerful wingtip vortices - horizontal, tornado-like winds off the ends of the wings - which require time to dissipate before other aircraft can take off, so he waited the required three minutes after United 175 departed before he received his takeoff clearance.
Where does it say 175 took off at 8:23/8:24?


__________________
The poster formerly known as Redtail
332nd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 03:47 PM   #19
roundhead
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 824
Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
Here is the passage from the book.



Where does it say 175 took off at 8:23/8:24?



BTS database has 175's tail number wheels off at 8:23. This squares perfectly as being the plane IMMEDIATELY BEFORE Miller's wheels off at 8:28, also squared with the bts database.
And of course squares perfectly with Miller saying it was the plane directly in front of his that he was waiting for.


Miller...8:28

Plane in front of him 8:24

Plane in front of him(per Miller)175

Plane in front of him(per bts)175

So, 8:24 = 175, its fits Millers statement, and fits the correct wheels off time and tail number per bts

Last edited by roundhead; 2nd January 2009 at 03:51 PM.
roundhead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 03:50 PM   #20
X
Slide Rulez 4 Life
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,126
I have clocks in my house that read (at present):

4:49 (computer)
4:50 (wristwatch)
4:44 (alarm clock)
4:57 (wall clock)
5:08 (another wall clock which I should probably adjust)


In addition, my wristwatch is 10 minutes behind the clocks at the university.

Also, the atomic clock time is a full minute ahead of the local radio time beep thingy.


Clocks vary.

10 minutes is not out of the realm of possibility.
__________________
It is sad that this is necessary:
Argumentum Ad Hominem: "You are wrong because you are ugly."
Not Ad-Hom: "You are wrong and you are ugly."

[X's posts are] ...as good as having 24 hours of Justin Bieber piped into your ears! - kmortis
X is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 03:54 PM   #21
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 24,730
Originally Posted by roundhead View Post
I must be infinately smarter that 98% of the people who hang out on this site

Why, you ask?

Well, i look at the perfectly even roofline drop of WTC 7, glean from Nist and others it was in freefall, and can figure out, the above being true, that it simply isnt a case of one leg being knocked out from under the table, that would cause the table to fall completely flat.

I obviously have way more common sense, the ability to rationally understand basics such as this, and the spine and patriotic good sense to call a spade a spade.
I agree you have much more common sense then all here, and a smart guy agrees with you too

Quote:
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." - Albert Einstein

In BTS, 175 and Miller departed Boston at the same time. But in reality they both asked the tower for clearance and took off under tower control, who knows where BTS gets it data, and what the definition of "wheels-off time" means to BTS and where the time is from. Fact, BTS has departure time of 175 and Miller's plane the same time! What does that mean? Hello...

Yes, BTS shows 175 "wheels-off time" as :23 and Miller at :28. But the tower transcript shows 175 rolling down the runway around :14, and this means Miller was rolling down the runway at about :17 or :19. Darn, the whole thing is an apple and orange thing, and you fell for it because you are smarter than me. I only have 35 years experience flying and you are jumping at straws here. Fell for lies, drank the Kool-Aid. Good luck. experience flying and you are jumping at straws. Fell for lies, drank the Kool-Aid. Good luck.

Last edited by beachnut; 2nd January 2009 at 04:01 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 03:55 PM   #22
roundhead
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 824
Originally Posted by x View Post
i have clocks in my house that read (at present):

4:49 (computer)
4:50 (wristwatch)
4:44 (alarm clock)
4:57 (wall clock)
5:08 (another wall clock which i should probably adjust)


in addition, my wristwatch is 10 minutes behind the clocks at the university.

Also, the atomic clock time is a full minute ahead of the local radio time beep thingy.


Clocks vary.

10 minutes is not out of the realm of possibility.

7:58 was gate departure.
roundhead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 03:57 PM   #23
roundhead
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 824
Beachnut...is this "switcher" true


From Woody box:

The wheels-off time is triggered automatically by a mechanical switcher when the plane loses contact to the ground. The data are sent automatically to the airline via ACARS, and the airline forwards them to the BTS on a regular base. So apparently no human failure is possible. The fact that the gate departure 7:58 coincides with the official story suggests that the data are valid.
roundhead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 03:58 PM   #24
332nd
Penultimate Amazing
 
332nd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,061
Originally Posted by roundhead View Post
BTS database has 175's tail number wheels off at 8:23. This squares perfectly as being the plane IMMEDIATELY BEFORE Miller's wheels off at 8:28, also squared with the bts database.
And of course squares perfectly with Miller saying it was the plane directly in front of his that he was waiting for.


Miller...8:28

Plane in front of him 8:24

Plane in front of him(per Miller)175

Plane in front of him(per bts)175

So, 8:24 = 175, its fits Millers statement, and fits the correct wheels off time and tail number per bts
He got his take off clearance and went wheels up at the same time? I had no Idea there were commercial VTOL jets....
__________________
The poster formerly known as Redtail
332nd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 04:00 PM   #25
boloboffin
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,986
Woody Box believes that there are two 11's that took off (not the phantom one), two 175's, and that 77 and 93 did NOT take off. Associates of woody uses the phone calls from 93 to produce irreconcilable scenarios so that they can then insinuate that the calls never happened (or that the plane was actually shot down at 10:06 - they bounce back and forth). This is their schtick, mangling as many official records and various recalls as they can to produce what they deem to be contradictions in the official story.

At least they're not robbing liquor stores...
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 04:01 PM   #26
roundhead
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 824
Originally Posted by X View Post
I have clocks in my house that read (at present):

4:49 (computer)
4:50 (wristwatch)
4:44 (alarm clock)
4:57 (wall clock)
5:08 (another wall clock which I should probably adjust)


In addition, my wristwatch is 10 minutes behind the clocks at the university.

Also, the atomic clock time is a full minute ahead of the local radio time beep thingy.


Clocks vary.

10 minutes is not out of the realm of possibility.

Clocks vary, but vary as they might, that has nothing to do with two planes leaving at different times, that are both called 175. Whatever clock you want to use will still be in error equally regading both "planes"
In other words, your arguemnt has zero merit, it merely affect both planes equally.
roundhead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 04:06 PM   #27
roundhead
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 824
Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
He got his take off clearance and went wheels up at the same time? I had no Idea there were commercial VTOL jets....
No he was 4 minutes later(8:28 Miller/8:24 Flight 175)

That clear it up for you? I hope so, its pretty easy.
roundhead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 04:08 PM   #28
roundhead
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 824
Originally Posted by boloboffin View Post
Woody Box believes that there are two 11's that took off (not the phantom one), two 175's, and that 77 and 93 did NOT take off. Associates of woody uses the phone calls from 93 to produce irreconcilable scenarios so that they can then insinuate that the calls never happened (or that the plane was actually shot down at 10:06 - they bounce back and forth). This is their schtick, mangling as many official records and various recalls as they can to produce what they deem to be contradictions in the official story.

At least they're not robbing liquor stores...

Mangling records?

The bts database is very clear, as is Millers statement. Lets just stick to the OP, FLIGHT 175, start another thread if you want to.

Last edited by roundhead; 2nd January 2009 at 04:10 PM.
roundhead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 04:10 PM   #29
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 24,730
Originally Posted by roundhead View Post
Beachnut...is this "switcher" true


From Woody box:

The wheels-off time is triggered automatically by a mechanical switcher when the plane loses contact to the ground. The data are sent automatically to the airline via ACARS, and the airline forwards them to the BTS on a regular base. So apparently no human failure is possible. The fact that the gate departure 7:58 coincides with the official story suggests that the data are valid.
Hearsay, you present hearsay. Thank you for the post from Woody's box.

Last edited by beachnut; 2nd January 2009 at 04:13 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 04:29 PM   #30
332nd
Penultimate Amazing
 
332nd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,061
Originally Posted by roundhead View Post
No he was 4 minutes later(8:28 Miller/8:24 Flight 175)

That clear it up for you? I hope so, its pretty easy.
Originally Posted by roundhead View Post
BTS database has 175's tail number wheels off at 8:23. This squares perfectly as being the plane IMMEDIATELY BEFORE Miller's wheels off at 8:28, also squared with the bts database.
And of course squares perfectly with Miller saying it was the plane directly in front of his that he was waiting for.
According to the passage from the book Miller

Quote:
waited the required three minutes after United 175 departed before he received his takeoff clearance
Cleared for take off does not equal Wheels up.
__________________
The poster formerly known as Redtail
332nd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 04:34 PM   #31
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 24,730
Originally Posted by roundhead View Post
Mangling records?

The bts database is very clear, as is Millers statement. Lets just stick to the OP, FLIGHT 175, start another thread if you want to.
Why are two 175s not in the BTS data? It is so great, why is it missing the second 175. You are using two sets of data not time aligned due to time problems or definitions problems.

BTS has one 175. There is only one 175 flying on 9/11 that impacted the WTC. If you want to present some real evidence instead of hearsay, now is a good time since you are smarter than all, you must have real evidence. Right?

Next, evidence to prove two 175 aircraft were flying on 9/11 for some CT reason only 9/11 truth does not have a coherent story to go with this new mother of all smoking guns.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 04:41 PM   #32
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus
 
Drudgewire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 9,421
Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
According to the passage from the book Miller

Cleared for take off does not equal Wheels up.

Yeah, the pratfalls of presenting someone as an eyewitness you've never spoken to, and who has never himself suggested any nefariousness to his comments.

Or of coming to a forum full of people who understand passenger flights (which I'm not one of), presenting it as evidence, and then declaring himself infinately smarter* than everyone else for that matter.







*not a grammar nazi, except when there is ironic humor attached. You know, like someone saying "you mispelled something" or "take a grammer course." The comic irony factor is high in this instance.
__________________
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 04:58 PM   #33
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere
 
gumboot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 25,327
It appears the only actual "evidence" of these two aircraft is in this BTS database, yet the OP does not provide this evidence, and roundhead has failed to provide it elsewhere in this thread. The only "evidence" that has been provided is that a pilot departed after UA175.

Until such time as roundhead actually feels like presenting some evidence, this entire discussion is meaningless.
__________________

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.


A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 05:27 PM   #34
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.
 
johnny karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 10,161
roundhead, is it your contention that the reason Steven Miller (not to mention all the other United Airlines employees who must have been privy to this "duplicate" flight) has not actively sought to blow the lid off the 9/11 conspiracy is because he is complicit in that very conspiracy the way you accused the FDNY of being compicit in the collpase of WTC7?
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 06:34 PM   #35
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 24,730
Originally Posted by roundhead View Post
So you are calling the pilot sitting right behind the "second" 175 on the runway a liar?

He was next in line, 175 took off right in front of him at 8:23/8:24, three minutes ahead of his plane.

The "other" 175, according to official sources(ATC/RADAR DATA) took off at 8:14.

Explain that to me......


From Lynn Spencer's book..Touching History (PAGE 58):


"On the taxi-out in Boston, they ((the pilots of US Airways 6805)) waited at the runway's hold-short line, where Miller looked up to watch a United Boeing 767 take off, United Flight 175. The final weight and balance calculations from dispatch came over the ACARS at 8:05, and with that in hand, the crew was ready to fly. Wide-body aircraft produce especially powerful wingtip vortices - horizontal, tornado-like winds off the ends of the wings - which require time to dissipate before other aircraft can take off, so he waited the required three minutes after United 175 departed before he received his takeoff clearance".

(Lynn Spencer, "Touching History", p. 58)
Miller looked up to watch Flight 175 take off and then at 8:05 he gets his final weight and balance. So Miller has 175 take off before 8:05. What time do we use, or did you mean there are 3 175s, and two Millers?

Miller sees 175 takeoff at 05, the evil gobermint has 14, and the secret tracking of the evil gobermint has :23 as wheels-off, oh noes…

Number 9, number 9…

9 plus 5 is 14… Wheels up at :23, oops, 9 plus 14 is 23. OMG, the Beatles did it!

Did you discover the real CT, time dimensions?

So how smart are you? Time, time, time, who has the right time? How does 9/11 truth mess up every single little detail into a stupid, dirt dumb smoking gun of woo?

I think you are infinately smarter than all. I have no idea what that means, so you must be that smart (kind of unique). I await your illumination of 9/11 after 7 years of your outstanding research and pasting of hearsay and faulty conclusions.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 07:36 PM   #36
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation
 
Hokulele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Biggest Little City in the World
Posts: 29,232
Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
roundhead, is it your contention that the reason Steven Miller (not to mention all the other United Airlines employees who must have been privy to this "duplicate" flight) has not actively sought to blow the lid off the 9/11 conspiracy is because he is complicit in that very conspiracy the way you accused the FDNY of being compicit in the collpase of WTC7?

Not to mention the passengers.

"No, no, you don't want to board that flight 175, but this one."

I guess the next time I book a flight on United, I should make sure I am getting on the correct flight 47.

This will make navigating LAX even more entertaining.
__________________
"Oh god...What have you done, zooterkin? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!?!" - Cleon
Hokulele is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 08:24 PM   #37
firecoins
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 3,206
First the planes on 9/11 had pods on them. Than they were military planes before becoming missles and than they were mirages. Now there were 2 planes on United 175. So twice the number of people on that one flight died?
firecoins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 08:28 PM   #38
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!
 
JimBenArm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 13,092
Of course. Two different times listed for "wheels up" so the most obvious explanation is that there were two planes! Nothing else could possibly explain this discrepancy! Nothing at all would make sense other than two planes!
Of course, no one would ever notice this except for a sheep-shearing truther. So, you're our shepherd now? Are you also a fisher of men? Would make sense, since there's only 12 people in the world who actually believe you, you have a major ego that's way out of proportion to your actual ability and you seem to believe in miracles. Just stay out of Jerusalem on Good Friday, and don't go near any crosses. You'll be fine.
__________________
"JimBenArm is right" Hokulele Mom
JimBenArm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2009, 08:29 PM   #39
BCR
Master Poster
 
BCR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,278
I am not sure what the issue is here. I pulled the BTS records for both planes and indeed US 6805 has a Wheels-off Time of 8:28 and UAL 175 at 8:23, five minutes earlier. This tends to confirm the testimony of the US Air pilot. However, I also note there is only one UAL175 taking off, so beyond the time difference, where is the evidence that two 175's took off? I must be missing something.

If the evidence is that the 911 Commission time is earlier, that only means that the BTS time is different from the FAA time. There is a continuous radar track for the plane and we watched the impact live on television. This is not rocket science. All this means is there is a time difference between the two records, NOT that there were two UAL 175's.
__________________
"Is your claim that the level of penetration is only governed by distance and not the material that is being penetrated?" - DGM
BCR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2009, 07:12 AM   #40
Tricky
Briefly immortal
 
Tricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The Group W Bench
Posts: 44,234
Mod Warning A number of posts that were all or mostly bickering have been split to Abandon All Hope. With diligent concentration, you may be able to keep this thread away from personal insults. If not, it is likely to be closed.
Posted By:Tricky
Tricky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:35 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.