ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , Bob Gimlin , Patterson-Gimlin film , Roger Patterson

Closed Thread
Old 17th January 2009, 07:10 PM   #81
makaya325
Banned

Rockinkt, yet Bill Munns is dismissed?
makaya325 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th January 2009, 07:16 PM   #82
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by makaya325 View Post
Rockinkt, yet Bill Munns is dismissed?
Bill isnt dismissed. Bill isnt finished yet and presented his final decisions and findings.

Its a cart before the horse thing
LONGTABBER PE is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th January 2009, 07:42 PM   #83
makaya325
Banned

Also, long, What do you think bf is? An ape?
makaya325 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th January 2009, 07:45 PM   #84
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster

Also, long, What do you think bf is? An ape?
Sounds good to me
LONGTABBER PE is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th January 2009, 08:04 PM   #85
makaya325
Banned

Long, i still cant believe your a proponent! Lol,
Old 17th January 2009, 08:11 PM   #86
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster

Long, i still cant believe your a proponent! Lol,
I am a proponent, what I am not is an idiot who checks his intelligence,education and experience at the door.
Old 18th January 2009, 10:21 AM   #87
Crowlogic
Graduate Poster

[quote=rockinkt;4355437]
Originally Posted by Crowlogic View Post

Do you not understand that people who manufacture quality suits have the experience to see where the usual problems and identifiers of a suit are most likely to be found - and then look for those give-a-ways?

It is Like Randi watching a fraud who trying to pretend he is something other than an illusionist.
Randi does not have to be able to do what the fraudster does better than the fraudster - he just has to look for the usual tricks of the trade that give the hoax away.
Once he identifies the simple tell-tales - the hoax is exposed.

That is what Baker, Walas and Langdon have done. They looked for the tell-tales of a suit. Once they spotted the tell-tales - they did not have to do anything else.
The suit is busted.
I guess this suit is busted then too.

Old 18th January 2009, 11:01 AM   #88
JcR
Banned

[quote=Crowlogic;4356716]
Originally Posted by rockinkt View Post

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...5d5d5f421d.jpg
Nice monkey butt there. Nice to see you again Crow
JcR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th January 2009, 12:55 PM   #89
makaya325
Banned

Crow, dont you understand that ape suits are SUPPOSED to display feature found in real great apes?
Old 18th January 2009, 01:39 PM   #90
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

It could be a suit, but we don't have any reason to suspect it is ..

Do you understand why we have reason to suspect the PGF subject is not a real Bigfoot ?

Why don't you google us up a real gorilla butt that looks like this ..
Attached Images
File Type: gif buttcomp.gif (43.9 KB, 8 views)

Prove your computer is not a wimp ! Join Team 13232 !

Last edited by Skeptical Greg; 18th January 2009 at 01:40 PM.
Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th January 2009, 02:16 PM   #91
makaya325
Banned

Dio, the so called suit you provided has thin legs, compared to the massive quads on patty
Old 18th January 2009, 02:17 PM   #92
makaya325
Banned

Dio, how do you know what your seeing isnt just a shadow?
Old 18th January 2009, 02:19 PM   #93
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster

Dio, how do you know what your seeing isnt just a shadow?
We dont ( which is the whole point) any more than the woo's see muscles, pileoerections, hernias and such.
Old 18th January 2009, 02:24 PM   #94
makaya325
Banned

Long, dont the legs shake after each step it makes?
Old 18th January 2009, 02:26 PM   #95
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Dio, the so called suit you provided has thin legs, compared to the massive quads on patty
Who says it has to be the whole suit ?

Why couldn't Patterson have acquired the bottom of that suit and modified the legs ?

Are you saying you can't see the similarity ?

Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th January 2009, 02:28 PM   #96
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster

They look like they might now is that from a suit,muscles,waders,shadows or what?

Be specific and able to prove your premise
Old 18th January 2009, 02:30 PM   #97
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Your point ?

Is there some postulate about costume legs not shaking ?

Do real boobs bounce ?

Why is Patty's right boob rigid ?

Last edited by Skeptical Greg; 18th January 2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 18th January 2009, 02:43 PM   #98
JcR
Banned

Its a big rigid mast cell tumor not a booby.
Oh and sorry I have no Proof to offer on my tumor theory.
Do I need one ?
JcR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th January 2009, 02:43 PM   #99
makaya325
Banned

Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
Your point ?

Is there some postulate about costume legs not shaking ?

Do real boobs bounce ?

Dio, answer my response: Why dont typical suits show shaking of legs?
Old 18th January 2009, 02:46 PM   #100
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster

dio, answer my response: Why dont typical suits show shaking of legs?
follow your own admonishments
Old 18th January 2009, 04:12 PM   #101
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Dio, answer my response: Why dont typical suits show shaking of legs?
What typical suits are you referring to ? Who gets to decide if an example I provide is typical?

I find it easier to believe that the legs of monkey suits might bounce, than I do, that the subject of the PGF is a non-human North American primate ..

That you can't admit that Patty's butt, looks remarkably like the butt of an actual gorilla suit, says a lot about where you are coming from..

Old 18th January 2009, 06:03 PM   #102
GT/CS
Illuminator

Has this been discussed in either 411 or reel 2?

It's a post from BFF.

It is said that the Sasquatch walk with their hands/arms to the side like we do, but instead of having the palms of their hands facing inwards towards their legs, the palms are turned facing behind them as they walk swinging their arms. If the Patterson subject's hands are turned like the Sasquatch hands are supposed to be then let me continue....

If I am walking with my palms facing behind me, the only part of my upper arm that is visible is my triceps, IE the backside of my arm. The figure in the film, however, shows the perfect side view of its arm, showing the Bicep as much as the Triceps, including the Shoulders.

Can anyone on this forum turn the palms of their hands to face behind them and show the side of their arm just as Patty does? Can any of you do that and swing your arms as the figure does?

Last edited by GT/CS; 18th January 2009 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Added link
GT/CS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th January 2009, 06:11 PM   #103
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Haven't seen that before .. Good catch by XionComrade.

Bears further discussion ..

Old 18th January 2009, 06:14 PM   #104
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

I think we know very well, from Sweaty's favorite 2 frame animation, exactly how Patty's hands are oriented when she walks...

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th January 2009, 11:38 PM   #105
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
No where near as much as Oscar winners Rick Baker and Chris Walas and other master fx artists such as Verne Langdon who have studied Patty in detail and confirm it to be a bad suit.
So are there any truly great ape suits? Are there any that simply bowl the viewer over and defy detection.
Ding dong!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy52yueBX_s

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy52yueBX_s And what/who would the authority be to have made such a suit and where can it be seen? Any Rick Baker or Vern Langdon can say anyting is a bad suit. But until they exibit a masterful example either by themselves or another they're just blowhards.
I'm struggling to figure out what you're trying to say. It's often the case with your posts. Are you trying to say Rick Baker and Verne Langdon haven't made bad suits or good? Oscar winners Chris Walas and Rick Baker have looked in detail at Patty and after studying it concluded it to be a bad suit. How is their examination of poor quality and what makes thems blowhards?

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th January 2009, 07:51 AM   #106
Drewbot
Illuminator

Originally Posted by JcR View Post
Patty Nopoops sat on a stump.
Patty Nopoops had no Dumptys to dump.
All the Anthropologist and all the Footer's men.
Couldn't find Dumptys nor Patty again.
Because the interdimensional VORTEX closed
While the Anthropologoists dozed
and the Dumptys were gone from this world
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th January 2009, 08:20 AM   #107
xblade
Muse

Do real boobs bounce ?

And why are they attached to her abdomen?
xblade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th January 2009, 09:43 AM   #108
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Aw, c'mon .. That must be unique Bigfoot morphology ..

We know RP did not have the skill or materials to attach boobs to an abdomen in 1967 ..

And if he did, why would he make such an obvious mistake? If he was really creating a hoax he wouldn't have made such a stupid mistake..

Old 19th January 2009, 11:50 AM   #109
JcR
Banned

Doctor: "You feel under the weather today?"

Bigfoot: "Grunt" "Grunt."

Doctor: "Do you have any bowel movements?"

Bigfoot: "Grunt."

Doctor: "Shouldn't you be seeing DVM?"

Bigfoot: "Ya!" "But he said to come see you."
Old 20th January 2009, 09:28 AM   #110
xblade
Muse

Aw, c'mon .. That must be unique Bigfoot morphology ..

We know RP did not have the skill or materials to attach boobs to an abdomen in 1967 ..

And if he did, why would he make such an obvious mistake? If he was really creating a hoax he wouldn't have made such a stupid mistake..
Good point. Maybe they weren't boobs at all, maybe they were balls. And all this time we thought Patty was a girl.
xblade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th January 2009, 01:17 PM   #111
Aepervius
Philosopher

Talking

Originally Posted by xblade View Post
Good point. Maybe they weren't boobs at all, maybe they were balls. And all this time we thought Patty was a girl.
This is a breakthrough ! This perfectly explain the skookum cast !
Aepervius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st January 2009, 12:46 AM   #112
JcR
Banned

A Hermaphrosquatch.
Old 21st January 2009, 02:31 AM   #113
JcR
Banned

And a method to trap the Bugger.

Old 21st January 2009, 06:28 AM   #114
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Cans of beans and a screwdriver, not pancakes!

Do I have to do everything?

LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st January 2009, 09:31 AM   #115
JcR
Banned

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
Cans of beans and a screwdriver, not pancakes!

Do I have to do everything?
You have a truck with a hitch?
Bring some beans to.
Old 21st January 2009, 01:19 PM   #116
makaya325
Banned

I think people make a mistake when they think the pgf is fake. The footage itself is not fake, the subject in question might or might not be fake.
Old 21st January 2009, 01:36 PM   #117
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
You have a truck with a hitch?
Yep. Grand Cherokee 4X4 with the Hemi. It won't even notice that bigfoot is hitched to it.

Old 21st January 2009, 01:37 PM   #118
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
The footage itself is not fake, the subject in question might or might not be fake.
Now why didn't we think of that?

Old 21st January 2009, 01:57 PM   #119
bobbieshort
Scholar

Originally Posted by LONGTABBER PE View Post
I am a proponent, what I am not is an idiot who checks his intelligence,education and experience at the door.
Greg... In your research of Bob Heironimus, did you ever see him without his shirt on?...or ask him to remove his shirt?
bobbieshort is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st January 2009, 01:59 PM   #120
JohnWS
Critical Thinker

'I think people make a mistake when they think the pgf is fake. The footage itself is not fake, the subject in question might or might not be fake.'
JohnWS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal