ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , Bob Gimlin , Patterson-Gimlin film , Roger Patterson

Closed Thread
Old 21st January 2009, 02:09 PM   #121
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

And the winner of today's pedantic award is .... the envelope please ....

Prove your computer is not a wimp ! Join Team 13232 !
Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st January 2009, 03:47 PM   #122
JcR
Banned

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
Yep. Grand Cherokee 4X4 with the Hemi. It won't even notice that bigfoot is hitched to it.
This can help lure it to the Trap site. So we will all bring ear plugs.

Last edited by JcR; 21st January 2009 at 03:48 PM.
JcR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st January 2009, 03:50 PM   #123
makaya325
Banned

Bobbie, are you the bf encounters bobbie short?
makaya325 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st January 2009, 03:53 PM   #124
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Take it to a PM ..

Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st January 2009, 03:53 PM   #125
mangler
Critical Thinker

I have brought this quote over from the Munns thread since it belongs here and I would like to expand on it. LTC had mentioned how the color of patty went form brown to black.

Originally Posted by Crowlogic View Post
This is an interesting issue. If Patterson made the suit or had a suit in his possession that he helped a mime get into then there is no way that he could describe erroneously. For whatever the reason the object on the film appears mostly black with its skin perhaps beaming up from the thinner sections of fur, or perhaps only reflection off of the fur. Did Patterson somehow describe the wrong suit? Or did he erroneously describe what he filmed before he saw the film? Was he just a dumb cowboy who wouldn't have known how to describe his way out of a paper bag? The fact that he seems to have gotten it wrong leads me to believe that he did not create or have previous contact with what we see on that film. Maybe Patterson was color blind?

How do we know the subject doesn't look more like this on the master?
http://manglertestsite.vndv.com/patty.html

16mm film, 50mm lens, 90ish feet, I would expect to get a fairly good image off of that, but who knows, maybe it was filmed at twice that distance since nobody knows for certain what camera was used, what film was used, what lens was used, what aperture was used or what film speed was used. Maybe the master is good film (too good) and they degraded it during the dupes.

There is an old saying that goes something like this, if you want people to interpret what is there, put it on film, but if you want them to see what is there put it on video. Film is alive by nature; it starts out soft then hardens then itís soft again then hardened again. Film comes to life twice, once during the exposure and again during development, I think the odds are that what we see went through this process at least twice, once with the master and at least once with a dupe. Much of what results from these processes can be controlled by the operator.

I still don't think most people understand the gravity of what is said when people speak of optical printing. From my understanding I believe the dupes were optically printed, not so much because of what is said, but because of what hasn't been said, no bleed though on the edge etc.

Full report to come at a later date. Look at me, look at me.

BTW, I do entertain the possibility that bigfoot exists.

m
mangler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st January 2009, 04:00 PM   #126
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Notice how the hair is laying correct from piece to piece ? Can't see any seams on that one either ..

PM me Mangler if you would rather I not hot-link your image..

Old 21st January 2009, 04:21 PM   #127
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by bobbieshort View Post
Greg... In your research of Bob Heironimus, did you ever see him without his shirt on?...or ask him to remove his shirt?
Uuuuum Bobbie, I believe you have me mistaken for someone else. I'm not Greg, I have never researched BH ( or anyone else in the world of BF) before. ( with or without his shirt)
LONGTABBER PE is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st January 2009, 04:24 PM   #128
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Greg here ..

Was Bobbie addressing me ?

My answer would be no ..

May I ask the point of the question ?

Old 21st January 2009, 04:28 PM   #129
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster

I wonder which one of us she meant- your name and my quote
LONGTABBER PE is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st January 2009, 04:35 PM   #130
makaya325
Banned

Bff version blue bear style: Mangler, you cant be serious about even considering it exists?
makaya325 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st January 2009, 07:56 PM   #131
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Patterson's descriptions of the hair, the breasts, etc., often seem to be at odds with the PGF itself, makaya.

Patterson says her hair is long and silvery brown. Then he says it's short and black.
Patterson says Patty stopped and looked back while he was filming her. She doesn't.
Patterson says her breasts are droopy/floppy/pendulous. They barely move at all.

Napier says he cannot see Patty's feet in his review of the PGF. Patty's feet are clearly visible in the PGF. So what film was Napier looking at?

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st January 2009, 08:06 PM   #132
Hitch
Muse

Originally Posted by makaya325 View Post
I think people make a mistake when they think the pgf is fake. The footage itself is not fake, the subject in question might or might not be fake.
I think the PGF is a fake.

I've never seen it. The only reproductions, stabilizations, enhancements, etc. that I've seen don't match what bigfoot enthusiasts describe.

No one seems to be able to say where it, or a complete low generation copy are.

No one has ever offered a plausible story of how, when and where it was filmed, including any sort of reasonable description of how, when, where and by who it was developed.

And yet, it often gets offered as the best evidence for bigfoot by bigfoot enthusiasts. Despite the fact that it doesn't even seem to exist.
Hitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st January 2009, 08:10 PM   #133
makaya325
Banned

Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I think the PGF is a fake.

I've never seen it. The only reproductions, stabilizations, enhancements, etc. that I've seen don't match what bigfoot enthusiasts describe.

No one seems to be able to say where it, or a complete low generation copy are.

No one has ever offered a plausible story of how, when and where it was filmed, including any sort of reasonable description of how, when, where and by who it was developed.

And yet, it often gets offered as the best evidence for bigfoot by bigfoot enthusiasts. Despite the fact that it doesn't even seem to exist.
The only thing i saw on the subject is the leg jiggle, which if it is a part of the costume, its fantastic. I like when girls jiggle it! Slap the thighs, and ride the waves my man!

BTW Napier saw an inconsistency in the subjects upper and lower extremes, and the fact that female non-human primates rarely have a saggital crest. Did he imagine this, or was he on to something?

Last edited by makaya325; 21st January 2009 at 08:12 PM. Reason: bigfoot did it
Old 21st January 2009, 08:17 PM   #134
Hitch
Muse

I think we're making progress. He quoted a post without breaking the quote function for once. Although the post he made had nothing to do with the one he quoted.
Hitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2009, 07:01 AM   #135
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
Patterson's descriptions of the hair, the breasts, etc., often seem to be at odds with the PGF itself, makaya.

Patterson says her hair is long and silvery brown. Then he says it's short and black.
Patterson says Patty stopped and looked back while he was filming her. She doesn't.
Patterson says her breasts are droopy/floppy/pendulous. They barely move at all.

Napier says he cannot see Patty's feet in his review of the PGF. Patty's feet are clearly visible in the PGF. So what film was Napier looking at?
Patty seems to be in the eye of the beholder.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:28 AM   #136
Crowlogic
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by mangler View Post
I have brought this quote over from the Munns thread since it belongs here and I would like to expand on it. LTC had mentioned how the color of patty went form brown to black.

How do we know the subject doesn't look more like this on the master?
http://manglertestsite.vndv.com/patty.html

16mm film, 50mm lens, 90ish feet, I would expect to get a fairly good image off of that, but who knows, maybe it was filmed at twice that distance since nobody knows for certain what camera was used, what film was used, what lens was used, what aperture was used or what film speed was used. Maybe the master is good film (too good) and they degraded it during the dupes.

There is an old saying that goes something like this, if you want people to interpret what is there, put it on film, but if you want them to see what is there put it on video. Film is alive by nature; it starts out soft then hardens then itís soft again then hardened again. Film comes to life twice, once during the exposure and again during development, I think the odds are that what we see went through this process at least twice, once with the master and at least once with a dupe. Much of what results from these processes can be controlled by the operator.

I still don't think most people understand the gravity of what is said when people speak of optical printing. From my understanding I believe the dupes were optically printed, not so much because of what is said, but because of what hasn't been said, no bleed though on the edge etc.

Full report to come at a later date. Look at me, look at me.

BTW, I do entertain the possibility that bigfoot exists.

m
Since the frame posted is one of the Cibarchrome prints the color is unreliable as there is speculaton that the frames were were altered. I've seen those frames where the figure is nearly black so what's the point? But it would be helpful if you could post links to Patterson's various descriptions of the figure's color. Personally I think the frame you posted looks very altered an unnatural with its color distribution.
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:05 AM   #137
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Since the frame posted is one of the Cibarchrome prints the color is unreliable as there is speculaton that the frames were were altered.

The Dahinden Cibachromes show a black Patty.
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:11 PM   #138
Crowlogic
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
The Dahinden Cibachromes show a black Patty.
Virtually everything ever shown in moving images shows a black figure. Where does Patterson say it was brown and where does he say it was black?
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:30 PM   #139
bobbieshort
Scholar

Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
Greg here ..

Was Bobbie addressing me ?

My answer would be no ..

May I ask the point of the question ?
---------
Sorry LongTabber, I mistook you for GL...I don't really know too many individuals on JREF by their alias names & I don't post here (or anywhere) very often ...indulge me. Anyhoooo....yes I wondered if Greg L. ever had an occasion to see BH without his shirt... I thought it a legitimate question...I'm surprised that you haven't.
bobbieshort is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:36 PM   #140
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Virtually everything ever shown in moving images shows a black figure. Where does Patterson say it was brown and where does he say it was black?

LOL. I know you have ADD.

Here.
Old 22nd January 2009, 01:03 PM   #141
JohnWS
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by mangler View Post
Much of what results from these processes can be controlled by the operator.
Hey Mangler - are you talking about colour/color timing or grading here? Right off the bat I'll say I know next to nothing about it, but I'm guessing that's what you may be referring to?
JohnWS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2009, 01:41 PM   #142
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Originally Posted by bobbieshort View Post
---------
Sorry LongTabber, I mistook you for GL...I don't really know too many individuals on JREF by their alias names & I don't post here (or anywhere) very often ...indulge me. Anyhoooo....yes I wondered if Greg L. ever had an occasion to see BH without his shirt... I thought it a legitimate question...I'm surprised that you haven't.
I'm not Greg Long - but again - Can you explain the relevance of BH without his shirt .?

We have been discussing this for almost three years, and it has never come up ...

Last edited by Skeptical Greg; 22nd January 2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 22nd January 2009, 01:49 PM   #143
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

BH may have rigid boobs that pop straight out of his tummy. Just like Patty.

Maybe that's what Bobbie is curious about.
Old 22nd January 2009, 02:11 PM   #144
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

I just posted in one of the threads, a quote from the Green interview with Gimlin; and Gimlin says it was brown ..

P.S.

... And we know Gimlin doesn't lie.

Last edited by Skeptical Greg; 22nd January 2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 22nd January 2009, 03:40 PM   #145
bobbieshort
Scholar

Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
I'm not Greg Long - but again - Can you explain the relevance of BH without his shirt .?

We have been discussing this for almost three years, and it has never come up ...
--------------

My question was to Greg Long because of his relationship with BH's claim.... I thought at some point in his investigation he would have had the occasion to......well listen, on second thought, I can explain better if I could post an example here, but I think the last time I posted there was some rule regarding the number of posts one must have before uploads and links are allowed....what is that number again? If I haven't reach that limit yet, maybe one of you would make the upload for me? (with text?) I think what I know is worthy of a discussion....so far you guys aren't even close to the real story.
bobbieshort is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2009, 03:59 PM   #146
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

I don't know if it's a set number. You should try it now. If it doesn't work, you can type in any web address like this...

www.bigfootencounters.com
Old 22nd January 2009, 04:01 PM   #147
bobbieshort
Scholar

I want to upload a sequence of frames from the Patterson film, not sure how to do that here...
Old 22nd January 2009, 04:05 PM   #148
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Click the "insert image" button. It looks like a picture of mountains and sun.

Are these images on your hard drive or at a web address somewhere?

Last edited by William Parcher; 22nd January 2009 at 04:06 PM.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2009, 04:21 PM   #149
bobbieshort
Scholar

....these examples from the Pat film are on a thumb drive, I guess if push comes to shove I can upload them on a webpage and insert the link....I'll give it a go...thank you for your help.
Old 22nd January 2009, 04:22 PM   #150
Crowlogic
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
LOL. I know you have ADD.

Here.
William I was looking for actual interview with Patterson not forum posts. To whom did Patterson say the creature was brown and to whom did he say it was black. What are the dates and places of those descriptions?
Old 22nd January 2009, 04:27 PM   #151
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

We just made the interview stuff up..

How does that change anything ?

Why don't you try a little research of your own ?

Old 22nd January 2009, 04:27 PM   #152
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

William I was looking for actual interview with Patterson not forum posts. To whom did Patterson say the creature was brown and to whom did he say it was black. What are the dates and places of those descriptions?
Here and then here. But of course you've already seen those articles.
Old 22nd January 2009, 04:42 PM   #153
makaya325
Banned

Speaking of patterson, How is his wife's health? I heard from someone that she isnt doing to good?
Old 22nd January 2009, 05:27 PM   #154
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

bobbie, you can upload files to this board.

In the lower right hand corner of the advanced reply box, there is a My Images area where you can upload images. There are size limits, though.

LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2009, 05:29 PM   #155
bobbieshort
Scholar

Watch this sequence of frames from the Patterson film....direct your attention to the right side of Patty's back; specifically the lower right lung/kidney region. A few frames will flash by when nothing appears to happen then suddenly there is an anomaly in the region I directed you to watch.....I ask for your patience, it will take watching the sequence of frames many times over.......study it closely before you conclude that I'm nuts, ....I have studied & reviewed this sequence continuously since last summer and granted, it IS difficult to follow, but keep your eyes on that area of Patty's back.

Watch for the anomaly to appear; the image brightens as it occurs to help delineate the anomaly.... when you are finished, I have follow up images.....

Also take notice of how Patterson is unable to steady his camera despite standing in the same position in this sequence of frames, --something caused him to suddenly jerk, which blurs the Patty images... these frames are as stabilized as they can be...... http://bigfootencounters.com/images/JREFimage.htm
Old 22nd January 2009, 05:31 PM   #156
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
"Its head was very human, though considerably more slanted, and with a large forehead and wide nostrils. Its arms hung almost to its knees when it walked. Its hair was two to four inches long, brown underneath, lighter at the top, and covering the entire body except for the face. And it was a female; it had big, pendulous breasts."
January 1969, Patterson says Patty's hair is 2 to 4 inches long again and brown again.

Old 22nd January 2009, 05:37 PM   #157
bobbieshort
Scholar

........these files are huge, I wasn't able to load them directly here....... it is taking awhile to get them from my computer to the server, but there should be two
of them uploaded currently, hit refresh if you only have one.
The second sequence has helps.....an arrow to show the anomaly. There is yet a third which I'm trying to get on the server now.......stand by.

Bobbie
Old 22nd January 2009, 05:40 PM   #158
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by bobbieshort
then suddenly there is an anomaly in the region I directed you to watch.....I ask for your patience,

something caused him to suddenly jerk, which blurs the Patty images...

OMG. Gimlin shot Patty in the kidney, and the bang caused Patterson to flinch.
Old 22nd January 2009, 05:41 PM   #159
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

bobbie, I wasn't expecting giant gif movies.

So far, it's interesting. I actually had not thought much of the fact that Roger isn't moving much at that point, yet we still have earthquake camera shake...

Old 22nd January 2009, 05:45 PM   #160
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Now I get it, Bobbie. Bob Heironimus is supposed to have a bullet scar in his back.

Lift up his shirt. No scar - no star!

Last edited by William Parcher; 22nd January 2009 at 05:46 PM.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal