ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , Bob Gimlin , Patterson-Gimlin film , Roger Patterson

Closed Thread
Old 22nd January 2009, 05:46 PM   #161
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Well, we never would have seen this part of the film if there was anything incriminating. Roger would have "run out" a bit earlier.

For what it's worth, it looks like the suit comes apart to me, but it's hard to say if it's real, or just poor quality and noise.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2009, 05:48 PM   #162
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Gimlin shot Patty in the kidney, and the bang caused Patterson to flinch.
No wonder they tracked her for 3.5 miles...

LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2009, 05:49 PM   #163
bobbieshort
Scholar

....the thought being, if this is "actual" ....(so far the issue is being denied for public consumption) I think Heironimus would be dead.....he couldn't have survived a shot like that, not as far away as the Bluff Creek Sandbar is from a medical facility......in fact, if you are of the mind that the subject is real, Patty couldn't have survived either. So if it's a man in a suit, where are Heironimus' scars??....from my studies, he should have three rounds to the back and one visible to the right thigh..... (I still have one more upload to get on that page...)
bobbieshort is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2009, 05:51 PM   #164
bobbieshort
Scholar

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post

In my opinion, they NEVER tracked her at all, she dropped at the end of that film... also it's only been in recent time that this kind of detail could be seen in the film...
bobbieshort is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2009, 05:53 PM   #165
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

She clambered up the hill and sat down on the grassy knoll. There she watched P&G as she swabbed a medicinal plant on her wounds. The Digger Indians know about that stuff.

I knew Gimlin was a liar! He said he didn't fire his weapon. Liar!

Patty is a real Bigfoot and Gimlin still is a liar. What a world.
Old 22nd January 2009, 05:56 PM   #166
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

It actually looks to me like the suit comes untucked on the right side.

I don't subscribe to the rifle shot idea, but the stabilized sequence is interesting none the less.

Patty's arms appear to act funny, too. Almost looks like they bend where they shouldn't.

Old 22nd January 2009, 06:00 PM   #167
bobbieshort
Scholar

Okay, the server has all three film sequences....the last one pretty much spills the beans.....

....and Titmus never tracked Patty across the creek to an overlook where she sat down. He lied. There was a bad rain storm that night which flooded Crescent City, the creeks would have been fully awash...tracks across a creek would have been washed out.....and Titmus himself said he didn't show up until nine days after the Patterson filming......

There are other rounds Patty took, I can upload some of those tomorrow.......if you are interested. Let me know.
B.
Old 22nd January 2009, 06:04 PM   #168
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

LTC, don't you dare talk about a suit anymore. Everything comes together now. Patty was a real Bigfoot and she got killed. There is no functional evidence for the existence of Bigfoot since Patty. Gimlin killed the last living Bigfoot. Patterson, Gimlin & Titmus... all those SOBs lied to us. Damn them all the way to hell.
Old 22nd January 2009, 06:06 PM   #169
bobbieshort
Scholar

It actually looks to me like the suit comes untucked on the right side.

I don't subscribe to the rifle shot idea, but the stabilized sequence is interesting none the less.

Patty's arms appear to act funny, too. Almost looks like they bend where they shouldn't.
-------------------

...they should look funny, Patty has at this point been hit a number of times with steel jacketed 30.06 rounds...I was completely dumbfounded that she stayed upright for as long as she did...although there is another point at which she falters, she also falls forward dramatically for a brief frame or two....there is no way she climbed an overlook. Even if you think it's a costume, the wearer shouldn't have survive that incident....and I've worked enough trauma units to know the damage that was done here.....
Old 22nd January 2009, 06:07 PM   #170
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
and Titmus never tracked Patty across the creek to an overlook where she sat down. He lied. There was a bad rain storm that night which flooded Crescent City, the creeks would have been fully awash...tracks across a creek would have been washed out.....and Titmus himself said he didn't show up until nine days after the Patterson filming
Well, I agree with all of that.

Old 22nd January 2009, 06:11 PM   #171
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
they should look funny, Patty has at this point been hit a number of times with steel jacketed 30.06 rounds...I was completely dumbfounded that she stayed upright for as long as she did...although there is another point at which she falters, she also falls forward dramatically for a brief frame or two....there is no way she climbed an overlook. Even if you think it's a costume, the wearer shouldn't have survive that incident....and I've worked enough trauma units to know the damage that was done here.....
Copper jacketed maybe, but not steel.

Why wait so long to shoot Patty?

Because Gimlin's horse did run away and had to be caught to get the rifle?

Old 22nd January 2009, 06:21 PM   #172
bobbieshort
Scholar

Copper jacketed maybe, but not steel.

Why wait so long to shoot Patty?

Because Gimlin's horse did run away and had to be caught to get the rifle?
-------
Uh...no, Gimlin's horse was under control at all times, Roger's horse ran off along with the pack horse and Roger's rifle.

LTC8K6, it appears that Patty was fired upon sooner than it shows on film, you can't see the round, but you can see fleshy impact in more frames than those I've uploaded. The "thigh shot" is very telling......heretofore, those frames have been deemed a hernia.....I'll upload that one too (tomorrow) ...when you see it, you know it's not a
hernia. The impact or entry wound clearly shows in a series of frames...
Old 22nd January 2009, 06:25 PM   #173
bobbieshort
Scholar

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Now I get it, Bobbie. Bob Heironimus is supposed to have a bullet scar in his back.

Lift up his shirt. No scar - no star!
-----------

Exactly.
Old 22nd January 2009, 06:28 PM   #174
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Uh...no, Gimlin's horse was under control at all times,
Not according to Patterson. We just discussed this a little while ago.

Quote:
LTC8K6, it appears that Patty was fired upon sooner than it shows on film, you can't see the round, but you can see fleshy impact in more frames than those I've uploaded. The "thigh shot" is very telling......heretofore, those frames have been deemed a hernia.
I don't think anyone here deemed it a hernia, but we've been all over that thigh problem many times.

Old 22nd January 2009, 06:54 PM   #175
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by bobbieshort View Post
-------------------

...they should look funny, Patty has at this point been hit a number of times with steel jacketed 30.06 rounds...I was completely dumbfounded that she stayed upright for as long as she did...although there is another point at which she falters, she also falls forward dramatically for a brief frame or two....there is no way she climbed an overlook. Even if you think it's a costume, the wearer shouldn't have survive that incident....and I've worked enough trauma units to know the damage that was done here.....
You have no concept regarding weapons,bullets or wounds- thats obvious

( I've been in enough combat and triaged enough to know too as well as been the one doing the shooting and seen the process)

"steel" jacketed?

There was no gunshot evidenced by anything in that film
LONGTABBER PE is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2009, 06:58 PM   #176
mangler
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Hey Mangler - are you talking about colour/color timing or grading here? Right off the bat I'll say I know next to nothing about it, but I'm guessing that's what you may be referring to?

John,

As far as the color goes thats exactly what Im talking about, Ill expand on what I mean in a day or two. Kind of busy right now digesting these last few posts.

m

mangler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2009, 07:27 PM   #177
mangler
Critical Thinker

I must concur with LT on this one. A fire-up of a 30-caliber projectile of 180-220 grain will do considerable damage. A solid thigh hit would, well lets just say, cause a bit of a limp, even in an elephant, and if Im not mistaken the 220 actually has actually put an elephant down.

m
mangler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2009, 07:46 PM   #178
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Gimlin must be a rotten shot...

Also, there's really no reason for Patterson to be flinching on any but the first shot. Once he knows Gimlin is shooting, why would he flinch? I wouldn't.

Why would Patterson flinch, bobbie? He's no stranger to hunting and gunfire. The first shot might surprise him, and I even doubt that. Unless Gimlin had a round in the chamber, he has to cycle the action first, a sound which Roger would recognize.

Old 22nd January 2009, 08:03 PM   #179
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Prove your computer is not a wimp ! Join Team 13232 !
Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2009, 08:04 PM   #180
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

I guess our saving grace, is that this is the paranormal forum...

I wonder where Bobbie received her ballistics/forensic ballistics training...

Last edited by Skeptical Greg; 22nd January 2009 at 08:07 PM.
Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2009, 08:09 PM   #181
Hitch
Muse

Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post

Until a cranky mod comes along and this is justifiably moved to Humor.

I'm channeling Graham Chapman here.
Hitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2009, 08:16 PM   #182
bobbieshort
Scholar

Smile

----------

I admit readily I know nothing about firearms....I was repeating what I was told my the owner of Gimlin's rifle ..through another person. Both of them knowledgable. "if" I am wrong, I will post as much. In the meantime, I'll have to get in touch with him again and ask him to tell me again. I pretend to be an expert at nothing except my work.
Old 22nd January 2009, 08:18 PM   #183
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Actually, I'm looking forward to taking a closer look at those GIFs .. I think we are seeing the top of the suit coming un-tucked from the fur diaper..

Perhaps Mr. Munns can comment..

Old 22nd January 2009, 08:23 PM   #184
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
I think we are seeing the top of the suit coming un-tucked from the fur diaper..
Now that'd get a flinch out of Roger...

Old 22nd January 2009, 08:24 PM   #185
Hitch
Muse

Now that'd get a flinch out of Roger...
So the camera shake is Roger yelling, "Bob! Tuck your shirt in!"?
Hitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2009, 09:03 PM   #186
xblade
Muse

You'd think Patty would have teleported when she heard the gunfire to avoid being shot.
xblade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2009, 09:47 PM   #187
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

I took a slow look at LMS.. The bulge is there.. I hadn't noticed it before ..

I think I see the the bulge earlier on also, only higher on the back ..
What I think we may be seeing is that marvelous scapular action that couldn't be fake, sliding down Patty's back ..
I'll try to put together some shots later, but I'm in no rush..

I must thank Bobbie for bringing in a bit of new fodder..

Here's a quick sample .. This is right after the turn-and-look .. Several seconds before the sequence Bobbie linked to.
Attached Images
File Type: gif lumps.gif (14.6 KB, 140 views)

Last edited by Skeptical Greg; 22nd January 2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 22nd January 2009, 09:52 PM   #188
inn
Muse

Interesting to see that section of the film stabilized. Not sure what footage that was from. It was from a copy but no copyright notice. No comment on the bullet theory.

It is interesting that the overexposed frames at the end would coincide with the end of the reel. This is often the case for film that is removed from a camera and exposed to light.

Anything seen in that distorted footage from that distance would be pure speculation.
inn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2009, 09:58 PM   #189
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

That wasn't the end . It continues after Patty passes behind the tree, and it doesn't look over exposed , as LMS does it's fake ' running out of film ' effect ..
That brightness is someone jacking with it ..

This shows the bullet impact area from another angle ..
Attached Images
File Type: gif LUMPS2.GIF (34.1 KB, 139 views)

Last edited by Skeptical Greg; 22nd January 2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:03 PM   #190
inn
Muse

Yes, if the LMS is not overexposed then you are right. Did MK brighten it up?
inn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:21 PM   #191
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

So inn, if it's not overexposed, can we assume it's not the end of the reel ?

Old 22nd January 2009, 10:29 PM   #192
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

So much for sliding down,
Lower back lumps are there from the begining.
I guess the angle at the end reveals that conical look..
Attached Images
File Type: gif LUMPS3.gif (27.2 KB, 134 views)

Old 22nd January 2009, 11:53 PM   #193
JcR
Banned

Maybe Gimlin was reading from the wrong script.
JcR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2009, 01:39 AM   #194
JcR
Banned

Patterson: "What the Hec are ya shootin Bob for!"

Gimlin: "So I can tell everyone back at the bar I shot a Bigfoot."

Patterson: "Ya!, but its Bob your shootin at!"

Gimlin: "OH!"... Ya...Errr, "Sorry got too into the role."

Gimlin: "After a few beers nobody is gonna tell the dif anyways."

Patterson: "Well I guess ya could figure on that."

Gimlin: "Is he lookin kinda mad now?"

Patterson: "He'll get over it."

Gimlin: "We gonna have to start over?"

Patterson: "Nah!"... "We should still be ok."

Gimlin: "If we do it again... I might get off a better shot."
JcR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2009, 02:29 AM   #195
inn
Muse

So inn, if it's not overexposed, can we assume it's not the end of the reel ?
No, we cannot assume anything without the master.
Old 23rd January 2009, 03:21 AM   #196
LONGTABBER PE
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by inn View Post
Lets remember this when the report comes out for review
LONGTABBER PE is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2009, 05:38 AM   #197
JohnWS
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by mangler View Post

As far as the color goes thats exactly what Im talking about, Ill expand on what I mean in a day or two.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by mangler View Post
Kind of busy right now digesting these last few posts.
There's a lot to take in!
JohnWS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2009, 06:18 AM   #198
Drewbot
Illuminator

Bobbie Short- Thanks for you info on the bullets hitting Patty. But I have a couple questions:

1. Why didn't Patty take off running when the gunshots started popping off?

2. Couldn't Patty just jump dimensions and save herself?

3. How far do you think bobG was from Patty when he shot?

4. IF they murdered a Bigfoot, wouldn't it have behooved Rog and BobG to put Heironymous at the scene, and tell everyone it was a hoax instead of saying it was a real animal that got away? Why not either just A. Go public with the Bigfoot body, or B. Say it was a hoax with BobH in the suit?
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2009, 07:08 AM   #199
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Originally Posted by inn View Post
I tend to agree, but you seemed eager to point out, that what you assumed were overexposed frames,supported the story that the film ran out.

Old 23rd January 2009, 07:46 AM   #200
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
It is interesting that the overexposed frames at the end would coincide with the end of the reel. This is often the case for film that is removed from a camera and exposed to light.
The only way the film near the end would be damaged by removing it from the camera would be if it weren't actually the end. These rolls of film have a length of opaque leader at each end that allow removal and installation of the roll in daylight without damage. Assuming you are at the actual beginning/end of the roll.

Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal