IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 10th February 2009, 03:27 PM   #1
240-185
Muse

Talking Scientologists know who committed 9/11

Leave this odd idea that 19 fundamentalists hijacked 4 planes. Leave also this odd idea that the Bush administration were behind the attacks. No, it wasn't a Neanderthal job as Eric Hufschmid wrote.

Scientologists have the answer.

9/11 was... a PSYCHATRIST job! Because Scientologists say that! Tom Cruise, en route to the truth!!!!!111!!!!

http://vimeo.com/3095077

Bring out the facepalms.

My 9/11 Crackpot Index
240-185 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 04:11 PM   #2
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

That is about as woo as it gets.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 04:15 PM   #3
nicepants
Graduate Poster

I see your facepalm, and I raise you an "Oh Brother!"

Old 10th February 2009, 04:25 PM   #4
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by 240-185 View Post

And,um...how much will that cost?
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 04:27 PM   #5
A W Smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dog Town View Post
$300.000 aparently
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Don’t get me lol’n off my chesterfield dude.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 04:28 PM   #6
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Its an essay type answer. You start by buying "Dianetics".
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 05:03 PM   #7
Bobert
Illuminator

Bobert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 05:12 PM   #8
Roadtoad
Bufo Caminus Inedibilis

Okay, let's cut to the chase. What we need is one truly monolithic, megalomaniacal ueber-conspiracy group to blame it all on...

Yes, 9/11 wasn't the work of a handful of fanatics. It was the fault of the Jewish-banking-Masonic-Trilateralist psychiatrists in their quest to corner the oil-capital-bagel-knish markets, which would make it possible for them to take over the world, and force the rest of us to submit to anal probings by their alien allies, as they create crop circles in faraway corners of the US, which is further evidence that the Illuminati is upset that when Skylab fell to earth, that we missed hitting Cincinnati, which proves the Lunar Landings were a hoax, (because, hell, if we couldn't hit Cinci, how the **** were we supposed to hit the MOON!), which, of course, is the main reason we wound up having to suffer through New Coca Cola, the AMC Pacer, polyester double-knits, and Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, whom, we all know, would have been abducted by those alien allies of the Jewish-banking-Masonic-Trilateralist psychiatrists, except for their continued support of Big Pharma, which, as we all know, are out to control the world because they're a major supporter of the Illuminati, which holds its annual conventions and CosPlay cons at Hilton Hotels around the world, mainly because the Marriotts are all booked through next year by Satanists and other members of the New World Order for their continued discussions on how to take over the world and force us to forsake Paperskater's glasses, Hokulele's legs, and Tricky's... whatever, and mandate that we all wear GOGGLES, dress badly, eat McDonald's cheeseburgers and get fat, and submit to alien anal probing while listening to BARRY MANILOW!

Muahahahahahahahahahaha!
Roadtoad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 05:14 PM   #9
fitzgibbon
Master Poster

I hear the sound of smackettasmackettasmacketta happening across the world tonight! Good thing I caught Mrs. F. before she went to one o' them psychiatrist types!
fitzgibbon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 05:23 PM   #10
Roadtoad
Bufo Caminus Inedibilis

Damn. And I left out the part about Rush Limbaugh! How could I have been so foolish!
Roadtoad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 05:27 PM   #11
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

How long until we see Tom Cruise shilling this idea?
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 05:32 PM   #12
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

We'll have to break out the full sofa for this one; the ottoman just won't due, for this kind of Woo.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 05:57 PM   #13
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

And if they ever get a conviction, we can call it a shrink rap.

(rimshot)

Posted at SLC
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 06:19 PM   #14
Pantaz
Muse

Originally Posted by Roadtoad View Post
... It was the fault of the Jewish-banking-Masonic-Trilateralist psychiatrists ...
You could probably sell that in book form on the conspiracy sites!
Pantaz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2009, 09:02 PM   #15
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Okay, let's cut to the chase. What we need is one truly monolithic, megalomaniacal ueber-conspiracy group to blame it all on...

Yes, 9/11 wasn't the work of a handful of fanatics. It was the fault of the Jewish-banking-Masonic-Trilateralist psychiatrists in their quest to corner the oil-capital-bagel-knish markets, which would make it possible for them to take over the world, and force the rest of us to submit to anal probings by their alien allies, as they create crop circles in faraway corners of the US, which is further evidence that the Illuminati is upset that when Skylab fell to earth, that we missed hitting Cincinnati, which proves the Lunar Landings were a hoax, (because, hell, if we couldn't hit Cinci, how the **** were we supposed to hit the MOON!), which, of course, is the main reason we wound up having to suffer through New Coca Cola, the AMC Pacer, polyester double-knits, and Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, whom, we all know, would have been abducted by those alien allies of the Jewish-banking-Masonic-Trilateralist psychiatrists, except for their continued support of Big Pharma, which, as we all know, are out to control the world because they're a major supporter of the Illuminati, which holds its annual conventions and CosPlay cons at Hilton Hotels around the world, mainly because the Marriotts are all booked through next year by Satanists and other members of the New World Order for their continued discussions on how to take over the world and force us to forsake Paperskater's glasses, Hokulele's legs, and Tricky's... whatever, and mandate that we all wear GOGGLES, dress badly, eat McDonald's cheeseburgers and get fat, and submit to alien anal probing while listening to BARRY MANILOW!

Muahahahahahahahahahaha!
I actually rather liked polyester double-knits.
Old 10th February 2009, 10:32 PM   #16
Jontg
The Bear Skeptic

Scientology and the 9/11 Truth Movement. Holy ****.
So... are we invited to Al and Dave's wedding? Which side would the skeptics sit on? How do we keep Anonymous away from the punch bowl?
Jontg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2009, 06:28 AM   #17
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster

And so, evil spacelord and illuminati lizards join ranks...
Panoply_Prefect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2009, 06:57 AM   #18
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by Panoply_Prefect View Post

My rogue unicorns theory looks better and better by the day.
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2009, 07:14 AM   #19
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Behold, truthers. Gaze upon this Scientology conspiracy theory, and understand--finally--what we feel like when listening to your crap.
Old 11th February 2009, 07:31 AM   #20
NoZed Avenger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by gord_in_toronto View Post
i actually rather liked polyester double-knits.

shill!
NoZed Avenger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2009, 07:46 AM   #21
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted

I listened to that video, and now I want my brain cells back...

ZAWAHIRI IS NOT A PSYCHIATRIST, HE'S A SURGEON!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

What the is the problem with those Godd idiots?? Can't they even get basic facts right????
Old 11th February 2009, 07:56 AM   #22
Lonewulf
Humanistic Cyborg

This is a scientologist. They make it part of their job to not get the basic facts right -- as long as it pushes the goals of Scientology.
Old 11th February 2009, 10:07 AM   #23
PugsOnAPlane
Student

This isn't surprising, they took credit for the fall of Communism, too.
PugsOnAPlane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2009, 10:28 AM   #24
Lonewulf
Humanistic Cyborg

Originally Posted by PugsOnAPlane View Post
This isn't surprising, they took credit for the fall of Communism, too.
lol wut
Old 11th February 2009, 11:00 AM   #25
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lonewulf View Post
This is a scientologist. They make it part of their job to not get the basic facts right -- as long as it pushes the goals of Scientology.

Particularly when psychology is involved. The core belief of the CO$ is that psychology is EVIL, and psychologists are part of a vast evil conspiracy.
There attempts to blame Nazi Germany on psychology are particularly amusing.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2009, 11:01 AM   #26
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Panoply_Prefect View Post
Xenu is pathetic. He is just a Darkseid wannabe.
Old 11th February 2009, 11:05 AM   #27
Lonewulf
Humanistic Cyborg

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Particularly when psychology is involved. The core belief of the CO$ is that psychology is EVIL, and psychologists are part of a vast evil conspiracy.
There attempts to blame Nazi Germany on psychology are particularly amusing.
Let's face it; their attacks on psychiatry is to further the goals of $cientology. They have to convince you that CO$ provides you the answers to your problems, for a nominal fee, of course.
Old 11th February 2009, 11:52 AM   #28
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by ElMondoHummus View Post
ZAWAHIRI IS NOT A PSYCHIATRIST, HE'S A SURGEON!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

What the is the problem with those Godd idiots?? Can't they even get basic facts right????
That was bothering me too.
Well...to be fair. I think it comes from this. For them studying psychology makes you a shrink.
Quote:
At Cairo University, Al-Zawahiri studied behavior, psychology and pharmacology graduating in 1974 with gayyid giddan. Following that he served three years as a surgeon in the Egyptian Army after which he established a clinic near his parents.[15] In 1978, he also earned a master's degree in surgery.[16]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayman_al-Zawahiri

Last edited by Dog Town; 11th February 2009 at 11:56 AM.
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2009, 03:02 PM   #29
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Time for another South Park featuring the Super Adventure Club.
Old 11th February 2009, 04:53 PM   #30
ElMondoHummus

That was bothering me too.
Well...to be fair. I think it comes from this. For them studying psychology makes you a shrink.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayman_al-Zawahiri
Yeah, I saw that too. But, the 9/11 Commision Report identifies him as a surgeon, and if I remember correctly, Lawrence Wright's "The Looming Tower" does as well. Regardless, Zawahiri taking a required course or two in psychology no more makes him a psychiatrist than taking a pharmacology course makes him a pharmacist. TAM might be able to definitively clarify this for us, but to the best of my knowledge, medical students are requires to take a broad range of courses across different specialties in order to familiarize them with disciplines that are not necessarily the ones they'll choose to specialize in. As an example: The Loyola University of Chicago Medical School's site lists required courses for 3rd year med students. That list includes Surgery, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, OB-GYN, etc. Each of those topics are medical specialties in themselves, but the context here is that these are courses designed to give broad experience to the third year student. So taking any one of them doesn't mean that they're solidly set to become a Pediatrician, Psychiatrist, Obstetrician/Gynecologist, etc.

(As a fun aside, this site allows you to look up the curriculum for any year of given med schools in the US and Canada. I have no idea if it's comprehensive or not, but it certainly contains all the med schools I'm aware of. And it confirms that the link above lists required courses.)

So sure, to be fair, they're probably misinterpreting a single throwaway reference in a Wikipedia article. But that ends up reinforcing my point: Their research is shallow. If they had depended on the 9/11 Commision Report for their information, they wouldn't make the mistake they're making. And that's why I'm aggravated: They're committing an error that would be ridiculously easy to spot had they truly studied 9/11 in depth. It's obvious that they didn't, yet they pontificate in the pose of experts anyway. It's ridiculous, it's stupid, and it's hideously misinformed, but that doesn't seem to bother those fruitcakes any.

Blech . Rant over.
Old 11th February 2009, 05:57 PM   #31
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by ElMondoHummus View Post
Yeah, I saw that too.
I was being sarcastic as to being fair. Shoulda used a smilie.
This has made me curious, about his first degree,though.Since his masters was in surgery.I didn't know that was considered a Master degree. I thought it was MD land.
Any ways, could he have studied Behavioral psyc, as a major with a minor(?)
in pharmacology, for his first? Do they even do that?
No big deal, just got me think'en.
Anybody? Bueller...

ETA: Cool Med school link!

Last edited by Dog Town; 11th February 2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11th February 2009, 06:00 PM   #32
mikeyx
Banned

Originally Posted by 240-185 View Post
Leave this odd idea that 19 fundamentalists hijacked 4 planes. Leave also this odd idea that the Bush administration were behind the attacks. No, it wasn't a Neanderthal job as Eric Hufschmid wrote.

9/11 was... a PSYCHATRIST job! Because Scientologists say that! Tom Cruise, en route to the truth!!!!!111!!!!

http://vimeo.com/3095077

Bring out the facepalms.
Thus proving just how out tehre those freaks. Slam me for that if you will but what a bunch of whack jobs!
mikeyx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2009, 07:54 PM   #33
ElMondoHummus

I was being sarcastic as to being fair. Shoulda used a smilie.
This has made me curious, about his first degree,though.Since his masters was in surgery.I didn't know that was considered a Master degree. I thought it was MD land.
Any ways, could he have studied Behavioral psyc, as a major with a minor(?)
in pharmacology, for his first? Do they even do that?
No big deal, just got me think'en.
Anybody? Bueller...

ETA: Cool Med school link!
Actually, I took you as being ironic. I understood what you were trying to get at, I just didn't make any mention of it. My fault . I didn't mean for my rant to come off as being aimed at you; rather, it was aimed at those folks terrible research skills. I just used your comment as a jumping-off point for my didactic soapboxing . I tend to do that alot. Sorry.

Anyway, I have no idea what Zawahiri concentrated on in or prior to med school; I found one reference claiming he concentrated on "paediatrics" (sic) while there, and I don't know how foreign curriculums are structured, so I don't know if that's possible or not. In truth, I think he radicalized early, in his teens (as opposed to others who didn't do so until they were well into college), and from what little I've read on him, I think he studied Qutb and the Koran as much as he's studied anything else. But I'd like to read further. It's a good question as to what he did in school, and that info's gotta be out there somewhere.
Old 11th February 2009, 08:47 PM   #34
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

"Mark Robert's [sic] is insane, he has been sent insane by unscrupulous psychiatrists who have got to work on him and exploiting him.

These psychiatrists more than likely work very closely with JREF.

I urge people on this board to ask Mark Robert's about his background and whether he has had a history, or is currently seeing such practitioners. Maybe if he is forced to consider his situation he may break out from the wicked spell he is under. A spell that has done untold damage to this movement." –"prole art threat," on the UK 9/11 forum
Old 11th February 2009, 08:55 PM   #35
ElMondoHummus

Damn, Gravy... that is one seriously disturbed individual.
Old 12th February 2009, 12:40 AM   #36
240-185
Muse

Originally Posted by mikeyx View Post
Thus proving just how out tehre those freaks. Slam me for that if you will but what a bunch of whack jobs!
Hey, just relax, I'm not a scientologist, I'm just making fun of them with their stupid claims

My 9/11 Crackpot Index
240-185 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2009, 04:16 AM   #37
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Muahahahahahahahahahaha!
I just have one thing to say: mmmm...oil-capital-bagel-knish.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2009, 04:54 PM   #38
Jontg
The Bear Skeptic

But the question is... what is the purpose of the goggles?
Jontg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2009, 08:52 PM   #39
Roadtoad
Bufo Caminus Inedibilis

Originally Posted by Jontg View Post
But the question is... what is the purpose of the goggles?
Only the Skepchicks know for sure.
Old 17th February 2009, 08:42 AM   #40
NoZed Avenger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
"Mark Robert's [sic] is insane, he has been sent insane by unscrupulous psychiatrists who have got to work on him and exploiting him.

These psychiatrists more than likely work very closely with JREF.

I urge people on this board to ask Mark Robert's about his background and whether he has had a history, or is currently seeing such practitioners. Maybe if he is forced to consider his situation he may break out from the wicked spell he is under. A spell that has done untold damage to this movement." –"prole art threat," on the UK 9/11 forum

You meet the nicest people.

There's a legal term you may need in the future: "restraining order." You may want to keep that in mind. Also, "taser."
NoZed Avenger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories