ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 

Notices


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Reply
Old 5th April 2009, 06:26 PM   #161
Biscuit
Philosopher
 
Biscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,207
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
I like the old Scott Herriott video (starts around 4:00):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcl3wx27XC4

Blobsquatch made me cry!
I love that!!! Typical bigfoot researchers, they spend ten years looking for bigfoot and when they find him they decide to leave the area as quickly as they can. It makes my head hurt.
__________________
... there is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Biscuit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2009, 06:37 PM   #162
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,539
Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
I love that!!! Typical bigfoot researchers, they spend ten years looking for bigfoot and when they find him they decide to leave the area as quickly as they can. It makes my head hurt.
Classic footer formula. Not enough squatch in your blob? Turn up the self-emasculating blubbering and flee. He really should have just thrown his purse in the bushes and make something happen.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2009, 07:32 PM   #163
Vortigern99
Philosopher
 
Vortigern99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,926
Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
I think there are no photos of bigfoot because it is very very hard to get close to large apes in the wild. Look closely in the right foreground of this picture and if you use an open mind and tilt your head and squint you will see a large mountain ape. There is a second in the background to the left but it could just be trees and branches looking like an ape.

http://web.me.com/ilkawallace/Site/O...wanda.html#122


These were taken by my sister-in-law while in rwanda on a recent trip. She has assured me she used only the "enhance" feature in preview and no other photoshopping. I am certain she would not mind me sharing them. Lots of great ape pics.
If it's "very very hard to get close to large apes in the wild", why are there literally millions of pictures of apes in the wild? Have you perhaps heard of Jane Goodall, Diane Fossey, or anyone working in primatology over the last 45 years?

I find it extraordinarily myopic of you to base your belief in bigfoot on your sister's failure to capture a clear photo of an African ape in its natural habitat.

EDIT: Forgive me if I misunderstood your post. Were you being sarcastic?
__________________
"I'm 'willing to admit' any fact that can be shown to be evidential and certain." -- Vortigern99

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2009, 07:58 PM   #164
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,539
Originally Posted by Vortigern99 View Post
If it's "very very hard to get close to large apes in the wild", why are there literally millions of pictures of apes in the wild? Have you perhaps heard of Jane Goodall, Diane Fossey, or anyone working in primatology over the last 45 years?

I find it extraordinarily myopic of you to base your belief in bigfoot on your sister's failure to capture a clear photo of an African ape in its natural habitat.

EDIT: Forgive me if I misunderstood your post. Were you being sarcastic?
*kitakaze leans over to Vort*



Too late. He caught it, though.

So new Darth Vortigern is to the ways of the Dark Side of the Farce.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2009, 08:12 PM   #165
Vortigern99
Philosopher
 
Vortigern99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,926
My sarcast-o-meter was a little late kicking in. Maybe next time Biscuit could place [sarcasm][/sarcasm] around his post for the benefit of the uninitiated?
__________________
"I'm 'willing to admit' any fact that can be shown to be evidential and certain." -- Vortigern99

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2009, 08:39 PM   #166
Biscuit
Philosopher
 
Biscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,207
Originally Posted by Vortigern99 View Post
My sarcast-o-meter was a little late kicking in. Maybe next time Biscuit could place [sarcasm][/sarcasm] around his post for the benefit of the uninitiated?
I figured the disparity between my description of the photo and the actual photo would be a dead give away. It is good to know my dry sense of humor translates to the internet well. I hope you can laugh at yourself because that was funny.

I am so confused by the bigfooters search-and-flee hunting tactic. Its not like gorillas are know as gentle and cuddly creatures yet a group of about 8 were able to track, find, photograph, and sit next to them for nearly an hour.

The only time I have known someone to run from an animal in the wild was when my sister encountered a mountain lion while jogging near our old cabin. I have never heard of anyone, bigfooters aside, that actively stalks a creature so they can run away when they find it. To me it feels like the hunt for bigfoot is what they really want, bigfoot itself is largely irrelevant.
__________________
... there is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Biscuit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2009, 08:52 PM   #167
Vortigern99
Philosopher
 
Vortigern99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,926
I must confess, I fell for it hook line and sinker. Nice job!
__________________
"I'm 'willing to admit' any fact that can be shown to be evidential and certain." -- Vortigern99

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2009, 10:16 PM   #168
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,539
Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
I am so confused by the bigfooters search-and-flee hunting tactic.
I bring deliciousness. True footer jackass search-and-flee brilliance.

Dudes looking for Bigfoot in Utah. Near the end of the first video the sun is going down and they think they hear something in the bushes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In9TTrudmoI

Part 2 quickly devolves into fleeing in terror:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXezI...eature=related
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 05:05 AM   #169
Drewbot
Illuminator
 
Drewbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,512
Personally, I think a gun is the best way to disprove bigfoot. And I have suggested this to many of the "Camp and Listen and Forget the Film" methodologists of bigfoot hunting.

The suggestion is, that when everyone is sitting around the campfire, someone stands up, displays his firearm, and proclaims
" THIS IS MAH GUN, IF I HEAR SOMETHING WOOD KNOCKING, I AM OPENING FIRE, IF I HEAR SOMETHING WALKING AROUND MY TENT, I AM OPENING FIRE, IF ANY OF THE TRIP WIRES GO OFF, I AM OPENING FIRE, IF ANYTHING PRESSES ON MY CHEST, OR I CAN HEAR ITS BREATHING, I AM GOING TO OPEN FIRE, OR SHANK IT IN THE CAROTID ARTERY WITH MY K-BAR (Displays knife)."

Needless to say, any and all bigfoot Shenanigans stop shortly after that.


PROJECTED FOOTER RESPONSE TO THIS SUGGESTION: "Of Course it stops, Bigfoot knows when you have a gun, and what's more, he probably heard your speech."
__________________
"I dont call that evolution, I call that the survival of the fittest." - Bulletmaker
"I thought skeptics would usually point towards a hoax rather than a group being duped." - makaya325
Kit is not a skeptic. He is a former Bigfoot believer that changed his position to that of non believer.- Crowlogic

Last edited by Drewbot; 6th April 2009 at 05:10 AM.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 08:00 PM   #170
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,257
Originally Posted by desertgal View Post
No, I think he's referring to Creekfreak's photo, as well. Creek stated that the creature came out of the woods because of a forest fire, in front of a fire helicopter, and he claimed the pilots didn't report it because they were afraid of losing their jobs. If you remember, the focus of the full picture was the helicopter itself.
Not quite:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Creekfreak's photo as on CD.jpg (86.5 KB, 24 views)
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 08:09 PM   #171
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,539
Freak's still rockin' on Melissa's board. He just got his boat stolen and was apparently going to bring his gun and take care of business:

http://searchforbigfoot.org/index.php?showtopic=1251

I couldn't help but note everyone in that thread is a Glenn Beck fan.

I apologize to any of my American who disagree but Glenn Beck makes me want to vomit in tinfoil and eat it.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 08:14 PM   #172
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,539
BTW, Lu, you disappoint me as a Bigfoot enthusiast. Your youtube profile is covered in anti-creationism gobbledy-gook and not a single Bigfoot video. Boo.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 08:21 PM   #173
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,257
Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
I love that!!! Typical bigfoot researchers, they spend ten years looking for bigfoot and when they find him they decide to leave the area as quickly as they can. It makes my head hurt.
Them. There were apparently two somethings.

I hadn't heard the "ten years" before.

They did go back the next day and found hair. According to Herriott (who's probably the most cynical of any "researcher") the analysis came back human/gorilla/chimpanzee group, but none of the above.

I met Peter Byrne in in Hood River at an Audubon Society meeting. He was very down to earth.
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 08:28 PM   #174
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,539
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
They did go back the next day and found hair. According to Herriott (who's probably the most cynical of any "researcher") the analysis came back human/gorilla/chimpanzee group, but none of the above.
Interesting anecdote. Came back from where?

ETA: Lu, can you think of any good reasons why there are no unambiguous videos or photos of Bigfoot?
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6

Last edited by kitakaze; 6th April 2009 at 08:29 PM.
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 08:31 PM   #175
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,257
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
BTW, Lu, you disappoint me as a Bigfoot enthusiast. Your youtube profile is covered in anti-creationism gobbledy-gook and not a single Bigfoot video. Boo.
I don't consider myself an "enthusiast". I was debating creationists when I ran across the BFF. It's something I still do because it gets me into molecular genetics and other subjects I want to know more about. I don't consider that "goobledy-gook".

I have some sasquatch related playlists, but the MQ videos were removed when A&E complained. The channel they were on was closed.

I'm into the Shakespeare authorship question now.
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 08:38 PM   #176
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 15,685
That's a crop, Lu. The full photo is below, but for some reason I only have my b&w copy online.

http://home.att.net/~ltc8k6/BW001.jpg
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 08:41 PM   #177
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,257
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Interesting anecdote. Came back from where?
Dunno. Klamath Falls?
Quote:
ETA: Lu, can you think of any good reasons why there are no unambiguous videos or photos of Bigfoot?
I think there are three or four that would be considered unambiguous for an identified species.

Most encounters are at night, most witnesses aren't carrying cameras and even if they are and have the presence of mind to aim and shoot the resulting picture may be just another blobsquatch (or in that case, two blobsquatches).

Owen Caddy tells a story on one of the podcasts about a professional crew that tried for six weeks, with trail cams and other high tech equipment, to get shots of chimpanzees. The troop was especially wary because they'd been hunted. In six weeks the pros didn't even see one.
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 08:43 PM   #178
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,539
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
Herriott (who's probably the most cynical of any "researcher")
Herriott presents himself well on TV. He should - he was a weatherman.

Here's Scott talking Bigfoot on CNN:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq7_5DZ3Ik8

Still, he recycles a lot of silly footerisms and thinks he saw a big white Bigfoot based on pareidolia video play and his footer friend's blubbering.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 08:48 PM   #179
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,539
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
I don't consider myself an "enthusiast". I was debating creationists when I ran across the BFF. It's something I still do because it gets me into molecular genetics and other subjects I want to know more about. I don't consider that "goobledy-gook".
Lu, you make a great straight woman. You're missing all my riffs. It's intentionally ironic for me to refer to anti-creationism information as gobbledy-gook because it is very important, particularly to skeptics. Bigfoot, of course, is what would actually be referred to as gobbledy-gook by most intelligent people.

Quote:
I have some sasquatch related playlists, but the MQ videos were removed when A&E complained. The channel they were on was closed.
I think that stinks there was a complaint (History Channel)? Being in Japan, youtube was the only way I've ever been able to watch MQ.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 08:50 PM   #180
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,257
Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
That's a crop, Lu.
That's the shot as it was on the CD Creek sent DW after many requests for the original. I'd forgotten I'd captured it until I found it in one of my flash drives.

It's pre-Creek's Photoshopping. The area in question is on the far right. It's clear the "figures" are nothing but tree branches and nothing - not even a decent shadow.
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/

Last edited by LAL; 6th April 2009 at 10:03 PM.
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 08:56 PM   #181
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,257
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Lu, you make a great straight woman. You're missing all my riffs.
No I'm not. I just don't feel like playing. I'm tired. I have a headache.

Quote:
I think that stinks there was a complaint (History Channel)? Being in Japan, youtube was the only way I've ever been able to watch MQ.
I was inspired to buy the first season because of those vids. I have a dish now and I can record the shows (only one so far), but A&E made money off me thanks to YouTube. I'll bet they didn't think of that.
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 09:05 PM   #182
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,257
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Herriott presents himself well on TV. He should - he was a weatherman.

Here's Scott talking Bigfoot on CNN:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq7_5DZ3Ik8

Still, he recycles a lot of silly footerisms and thinks he saw a big white Bigfoot based on pareidolia video play and his footer friend's blubbering.
I'm no sure what he saw. On one of my DVDs he says he didn't want to see what his friend was seeing. Daryl saw a dark one lying down. When they went back they found a sort of nest with hair.

He's said on BFF the video is worthless.

He was a stand-up comic at one time. Have you seen his Squatchin' DVDs? I liked the one with the drive across the Bridge of the Gods. I lived about 1 1/2 miles from there. He interviewed Datus Perry (the name was spelled wrong) who didn't have long to live. Datus gave a talk at the Stevenson library and had me wondering where he got some of that stuff. There were quite a few characters in the county. That was one of the nice things about it.
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/

Last edited by LAL; 6th April 2009 at 09:12 PM.
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 09:05 PM   #183
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,539
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
Dunno. Klamath Falls?
No, no. I didn't mean where did they get the alleged hair samples. You said:

Originally Posted by LAL View Post
According to Herriott (who's probably the most cynical of any "researcher") the analysis came back human/gorilla/chimpanzee group, but none of the above.
So I was asking "came back from where?" about the analysis. You said the analysis came back as human/gorilla/chimpanzee group, but none of the above. Obviously, as a skeptic, I'm going to ask where the testing was conducted and who conducted it.

Quote:
I think there are three or four that would be considered unambiguous for an identified species.
I don't know what you are referring to. I'm talking about Bigfoot of which there are a total of 0 unambiguous videos or photos.

Quote:
Most encounters are at night,
Do you have some factual information to back that claim? I've been looking at reports for a long time and I know a heavy portion of them are in daytime (like the PGF).

Quote:
most witnesses aren't carrying cameras and even if they are and have the presence of mind to aim and shoot the resulting picture may be just another blobsquatch (or in that case, two blobsquatches).
This is the standard argument and one that simply does not cut it. According to Bigfoot enthusiasts there is a species of massive upright mammal living across North America and we can't even get one decent unambiguous video or photo of it. I can show you video of every large mammal in North America no matter how rare or elusive they are.

Saying most witnesses don't carry cameras or will be swift enough to use them is just silly. There are allegedly 400 sightings a year and not one of these fools can work a camera? What is the precedent for a huge mammal living across at least two major industrialized nations often among human habititation and no type specimen or even a scrap of reliable evidence or unambiguous video?

Quote:
Owen Caddy tells a story on one of the podcasts about a professional crew that tried for six weeks, with trail cams and other high tech equipment, to get shots of chimpanzees. The troop was especially wary because they'd been hunted. In six weeks the pros didn't even see one.
I'm sorry, I'm really not interested in the anecdotes of a footer with a will to believe in Bigfoot. We have endless miles of footage of great apes and there habitat is far removed. Gorillas were discovered immediately once searched for. Biscuit just posted his sister's great shot she got looking for gorillas.

That anecdote is really not helpful, you see?
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 09:12 PM   #184
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,539
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
I'm no sure what he saw.
He said he didn't see anything.

Quote:
On one of my DVDs he says he didn't want to see what his friend was seeing.
He didn't want to see Bigfoot, the thing he was looking for?

Quote:
Daryl saw a dark one lying down. When they went back they found a sort of nest with hair.
Chimp nests yield DNA. You referred to this one doing the same. Where was the hair tested and by whom?

Quote:
He's said on BFF the video is worthless.
Well, of course it is. Anderson Cooper and the other anchor scoffed at it rightfully. It is a blobsquatch video that doesn't even have a blob.

Quote:
Have you seen his Squatchin' vids?
No, but I'd like to for entertainment. Do you know what he's up to now?
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 09:22 PM   #185
Vortigern99
Philosopher
 
Vortigern99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,926
[
Originally Posted by kitakaze
It is a blobsquatch video that doesn't even have a blob.
Does that mean it has a squatch?
__________________
"I'm 'willing to admit' any fact that can be shown to be evidential and certain." -- Vortigern99

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 09:23 PM   #186
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,539
Originally Posted by Vortigern99 View Post
[

Does that mean it has a squatch?
It doesn't even have squat.



...I'm sorry.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 09:30 PM   #187
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,257
This is the area after Creek tweaked the blues, as he finally, finally admitted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Creek's picture_edited-1.jpg (26.8 KB, 129 views)
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 09:36 PM   #188
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,539
Lu, I'm flabbergasted a smart lady like yourself can accept excuses for the lack of even one unambiguous video or photo of a huge creature that allegedly lives across North America and does so in viable breeding numbers while able to get roughly 12,000 calories a day. Have you seen the OP?

In Northern California alone there is a massive network game cams looking for martens and fishers as well as track plates. Those game cams have photographed every wild mammal know in Northern California including what may be the only one of a species nobody expected, the wolverine. We can find what may have been the only wolverine in the wild in California but not a breeding population of Bigfoots?
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 09:43 PM   #189
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,257
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Well, of course it is. Anderson Cooper and the other anchor scoffed at it rightfully. It is a blobsquatch video that doesn't even have a blob.
There's more to it. I may have a capture somewhere, but the reclining one seems to show eyes and toes.

I'll have to watch the DVD to get the name of the lab. I have class tomorrow and it's late here, so I'm not going to look it up now. I'm not sure which one it's on.

I thought you meant came back from where - as in campsite or motel.

Quote:
No, but I'd like to for entertainment. Do you know what he's up to now?
No. There are couple left on Amazon.

Caddy worked with primates for years. I see no need to dismiss him as a "footer". It was a good show for a podcast. The link was posted here somewhere, wasn't it, during a Patty face discussion? That's where I got it.
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 09:56 PM   #190
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,257
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Lu, I'm flabbergasted a smart lady like yourself can accept excuses for the lack of even one unambiguous video or photo of a huge creature that allegedly lives across North America and does so in viable breeding numbers while able to get roughly 12,000 calories a day. Have you seen the OP?
I lived in the PNW in a forest. I never even got a shot of a bird I was trying to identify. When a whole flock of them showed up on Blue Lake road we were in the truck and the camera was in the house. I never saw one again.

The sightings I knew about in the Gorge were at night and the witnesses were in cars.

Where do you get 12,000 calories? I thought it was 2-3000 and that's not difficult with meat in the diet.

Given a team of professionals and sufficient time (longer than six weeks) maybe, just maybe, they could get something.

Unambiguous? I doubt it. Skeptics would just dismiss it as more guys in suits.

Quote:
In Northern California alone there is a massive network game cams looking for martens and fishers as well as track plates. Those game cams have photographed every wild mammal know in Northern California including what may be the only one of a species nobody expected, the wolverine. We can find what may have been the only wolverine in the wild in California but not a breeding population of Bigfoots?
Yep.
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/

Last edited by LAL; 6th April 2009 at 10:07 PM.
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 10:04 PM   #191
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,539
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
There's more to it. I may have a capture somewhere, but the reclining one seems to show eyes and toes.

I'll have to watch the DVD to get the name of the lab. I have class tomorrow and it's late here, so I'm not going to look it up now. I'm not sure which one it's on.
Take your time. I can guarantee it will not result in reliable evidence of Bigfoot. Besides, you're on the Easter Seaboard of North America where it's around bedtime for most.

Quote:
Caddy worked with primates for years. I see no need to dismiss him as a "footer". It was a good show for a podcast. The link was posted here somewhere, wasn't it, during a Patty face discussion? That's where I got it.
I'm sorry, but I'm dismissing Caddy as a Bigfooter with a pronounced lack of objectionability. If he's actually going to sit there with a straight face and pass of a lame excuse about some chimps someone didn't get film of as a functioning analogy for why we don't have unambiguous video or photos of Bigfoot, then this is not a person who can be frank about the facts.

Owen is one of the people who couldn't recognize an elk wallow afterall.

Here's Owen Caddy and Rick Noll examining what they think is Bigfoot evidence including another body impression and regurgitated stomach contents:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4U4WjTXOGM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgVgC...eature=related

What were these guys thinking?
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2009, 10:20 PM   #192
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,539
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
I lived in the PNW in a forest. I never even got a shot of a bird I was trying to identify. When a whole flock of them showed up on Blue Lake road we were in the truck and the camera was in the house. I never saw one again.
No, this is not a helpful analogy at all, either. Lots of pictures of birds, right? You really should read the OP.

Quote:
The sightings I knew about in the Gorge were at night and the witnesses were in cars.
But this is not the factual information supporting the claim that Bigfoot are mostly seen at night that I'm looking for.

Quote:
Where do you get 12,000 calories? I thought it was 2-3000 and that's not difficult with meat in the diet.
Read Scott. No, listen to Eugenie Scott's excellent presentation. Look at the daily caloric intake of gorillas and black bears. We've recently been having an excellent conversation on this subject in this and the Eugenie Scott lecture thread. Check it out. I have no idea where you are getting 2000-3000 from.

Quote:
Given a team of professionals and sufficient time (longer than six weeks) maybe, just maybe, they could get something.
I'm sorry, this is a failing suggestion, also. There are now and have been professionals studying a wide array of things in alleged Bigfoot habitat for a very long time. There are and have been countless opportunities for these people to get reliable evidence for Bigfoot yet it never happens.

Quote:
Unambiguous? I doubt it. Skeptics would just dismiss it as more guys in suits.
Your cynicism is completely invalid. You portray the scenario as though there have been many unambiguous images submitted for Bigfoot which have unfairly been dismissed as men is suits. Please don't try polluting the question with talk of the PGF. The PGF could very easily be a man in a suit and therefore it is not unambiguous. Go look at the amazing videos in the OP. Check the mind-bogglingly rare and elusive animals there. Look at the kermode bears. Do that and come back and let's be frank about the fact that there are 0 unambiguous images of Bigfoot.

Quote:
Yep.
This doesn't seem like a sincere answer to me or one that makes an effort to address the problem. I recently had an excellent conversation with Vortigern99 on the subject here that you should review. Please try giving me a straightup answer why with massive wildlife detection arrays all over Northern California that have been able to detect what may be the only wolverine in the wild in California but an entire population of huge apes can't be found.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2009, 02:20 AM   #193
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,539
Many Bigfooters bristle with offence at the idea that the PNW is the only habitat for Bigfoot. Making such a suggestion will inevitably lead to someone producing a Mangani or BFRO map show the North American continent riddled with Bigfoot sightings markers. The hundreds yearly, thousands of sightings are cited as evidence that Bigfoot seems to find a niche wherever there is sufficient cover and a water supply. Such a conversation is currently ongoing at the BFF. Here's a taste from mrmike1111 in "PNW ONLY HABITAT?":

Quote:
A friend of mine said something to me the other day that was interesting. It's probably been mentioned before, I'm just unaware of it. They have the Yowie in Australia. Is it possible that they've existed since the earth's land mass was a supercontinent? That would involve hundreds of millions of years though right? Just a thought. It's not impossible.
http://www.bigfootforums.com/index.p...6&#entry525561

Mmmmmm... I love the smell of fresh idiot, don't you?

The facepalm eludes them greater than Bigfoot is that such a situation of continent-wide Bigfoot is ludicrous without having a type specimen or at the very least a unambiguous video or photo to show for Bigfoot.

Enter this little youtube nugget, a trailer for the Bigfooters DVD "Southern Fried Bigfoot":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bL5u3ugj4w&NR=1

This bit of cryptomumble features notable Bigfoot enthusiasts John Bindernagel, Loren Coleman, Craig Woolheater, the Butt Head clone from the NG "Is it Real?" Bigfoot special, and others. In the beginning of the trailer we see John Bindernagel fresh from telling us about eastern Bigfoots in the MQ "Bigfoot in New York" episode telling us about Bigfoot in the south. The next part I love. If any skeptic on Loren Coleman's book pimping, self-promoting, panhandling site, Cryptomundo, were to declare Bigfoot does not exist, Bigfoot geeks would be flipping out screaming bloody murder about close-minded scoftics having the gall to declare what doesn't exist. Yet here we have the "real deal" cryptofool Loren Coleman proclaiming straight up, straightfaced, straigh out "Bigfoot in the South does exist." Boom, just like that. Yes, it's true. By my book. Save the museum. Thanks, Cryptofool, mystery solved. Coleman then goes on to assure us that this is not something that people are lying about. Hey, thanks, Cryptofool! I guess we can just wipe Creekfreak, Bullet Maker, Mary Green, Janice Carter, and the entire MABRC off that list.

We also see snippits of Woolheater recounting his Bigfoot tale and telling us about the compelling treebreak evidence. Yes, people. Bigfoot is alive and well in the South. Well is a subjective term because due to the variation in the numbers of toes we're finding, The Hills Have Eyes might be a better description.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6

Last edited by kitakaze; 7th April 2009 at 02:23 AM.
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2009, 03:14 AM   #194
Aepervius
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,717
LAL, the average human calorie intake for human vary depend on the resource you read on, but the average seem to be for sedentary life 2000 for women, 2500 for men, and a few additional thousand for athletic people.

Unless your BF is very human sized (BH-sized ), it will be way higher than that of a human for a sedentary Bigfoot, for the purported size. And that is not even counting that BF is NOT sedentary, will need even more than doubling that.

So 12000 don't seem too much knowing that athlete during training can need 6000 in average, and BF is purported to be quite a bit bigger and weightier than an average human.

BTW the average american eat far more than that :
United Nations FAO says the average American consumes 3770 calories for 2001-2003.

http://www.fao.org/statistics/yearbo...of-America.pdf
Aepervius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2009, 03:31 AM   #195
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,539
Post #98 in this thread is a good place to start. Adult male gorillas require 6000-9500 kcal/day and black bears ranging fro 8000-20,000 kcal/day depending on the season. The average sized Bigfoot has been calculated as requiring between 12,000-18,000 kcal/day.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2009, 06:08 AM   #196
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,257
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Post #98 in this thread is a good place to start. Adult male gorillas require 6000-9500 kcal/day and black bears ranging fro 8000-20,000 kcal/day depending on the season. The average sized Bigfoot has been calculated as requiring between 12,000-18,000 kcal/day.
And also at 2-3000. You can get that from a healthy dose of pot roast. Gorillas are vegetarians (hence the big gut). Bears will scavenge, but I don't think meat is a huge part of their diet.

Hominid primates made a living, probably, by scavenging kills from predators and later by, probably, some ambush hunting.

I disagree that much of Northern California is covered by trail cams. Didn't we have an estimate of about $10,000 to cover a mile? Northern California is huge. The trail cam caught one wolverine. It didn't catch the rest.

If chimpanzees could avoid trail cams for six weeks, why not other primates? The human activity putting them up might be enough to cause the animals to discretely go elsewhere.
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2009, 06:21 AM   #197
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,539
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
And also at 2-3000.
Lu, what scientific source has put a massive mammal like Bigfoot needing 2000-3000 kcal/day?

Quote:
You can get that from a healthy dose of pot roast. Gorillas are vegetarians (hence the big gut). Bears will scavenge, but I don't think meat is a huge part of their diet.
Wha?? The matter of the nutrient is not important. It is the calories sustaining life we are discussing.

Quote:
Hominid primates made a living, probably, by scavenging kills from predators and later by, probably, some ambush hunting.
And what relevance does this thought have to the lack of unambiguous videos or photos of Bigfoot?

Quote:
I disagree that much of Northern California is covered by trail cams. Didn't we have an estimate of about $10,000 to cover a mile? Northern California is huge. The trail cam caught one wolverine. It didn't catch the rest.
Please catch up. There are real wildlife issues in Northern California that don't concern Bigfoot but would readily yield reliable evidence of Bigfoot. The info is in the measely 5 pages of this thread.

Quote:
If chimpanzees could avoid trail cams for six weeks, why not other primates? The human activity putting them up might be enough to cause the animals to discretely go elsewhere.
Why are you continuing Caddy's poo-poo? It's an anecdote, Lu. get it? An anecdote. An anecdote about an unconfirmed situation. Why? Really, why? We're talking about a population of huge mammals across North America. Why is this ball so hard to catch for you?
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2009, 06:23 AM   #198
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,257
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post

Mmmmmm... I love the smell of fresh idiot, don't you?
Blame the educational system for avoiding topics like evolution on Pangea for fear of offending parental Young Earthers.

Link to Caddy:

http://thebigfootshow.blogspot.com/2...wen-caddy.html

I'm sure you remember the vis ed for the audience. He explains exactly what he did with the digital microscope shots.

It seems that by your lights anyone who even takes an interest in this has a few screws loose. Have you seen a clear picture of the Skookum Cast?

I find this same attitude from traditionalists on the Shakespeare authorship question. Anyone doubting the Stratfordian view is a crackpot, no matter how good the evidence for another candidate.

It's an interesting phenomenon.
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2009, 06:38 AM   #199
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,257
Originally Posted by Aepervius View Post
LAL, the average human calorie intake for human vary depend on the resource you read on, but the average seem to be for sedentary life 2000 for women, 2500 for men, and a few additional thousand for athletic people.
My metal instructor used to go "siwash" when cross-country skiing with a friend of his. They'd be down to pine needle soup at timberline but they were able to maintain themselves even with a fair amount of exertion. The PNW is full of nutrition for a not-too-picky omnivore.

I've seen areas in the Pisgah that were so much like western Oregon and Washington I felt like I was back there. The Pisgah is larger than the Gifford Pinchot and is likewise temperate rainforest. It actually gets more rainfall on the average than the west slope of the Cascades.

That famous compliant gait might be extremely energy-efficient. I think Meldrum went into a fair amount of detail on this in his book, but since it's class time here in the Easter time zone, I have to go.
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2009, 06:49 AM   #200
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,539
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
Blame the educational system for avoiding topics like evolution on Pangea for fear of offending parental Young Earthers.
I have a better idea. Let's have a look at the thread titles of the first page of general discussion at the BFF. I see a problem. Do you?

"Is the 'Paranormal Theory' Coming in from the Cold?"

"intrest waning?"

"Groups protecting BF; hiding their existance"

"Do Sasquatch "hunt" deer into oncoming traffic?"

http://www.bigfootforums.com/index.php?showforum=1

Quote:
Link to Caddy:

http://thebigfootshow.blogspot.com/2...wen-caddy.html

I'm sure you remember the vis ed for the audience. He explains exactly what he did with the digital microscope shots.
Yes, Patty looks wonderful sucking a lemon. What was the scientific rigour behind Caddy's pareidolia flail, again?

Quote:
It seems that by your lights anyone who even takes an interest in this has a few screws loose.
That would be a strawman. Wherever have I said such a thing? I find Bigfootery interesting. Far more than any question of Bigfoot's existence. Being interested in Bigfoot is fine. The idea is very interesting. The garbage that Bigfooters pass off as evidence is even more interesting.

Quote:
Have you seen a clear picture of the Skookum Cast?
Oh, yes. After they removed all the elk hairs and disregarded the elk tracks, did it feel more like Bigfoot?

Quote:
I find this same attitude from traditionalists on the Shakespeare authorship question. Anyone doubting the Stratfordian view is a crackpot, no matter how good the evidence for another candidate.
Terribly non sequitur.

It's an interesting phenomenon.[/quote]
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6

Last edited by kitakaze; 7th April 2009 at 06:50 AM.
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.