ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 

Notices


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Reply
Old 7th April 2009, 07:05 AM   #201
EHocking
Philosopher
 
EHocking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,292
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
...Why are you continuing Caddy's poo-poo? It's an anecdote, Lu. get it? An anecdote. An anecdote about an unconfirmed situation. Why? Really, why? We're talking about a population of huge mammals across North America. Why is this ball so hard to catch for you?
Actually listening to him was quite amusing for an outsider, his anecdote came across as typical footer excuses.

He *claimed* to have an indepth knowledge of these chimps and attributes all sorts of intelligence and mental attitude for them. He claims that he an his fellow wardens worked out their odd foraging and travelling behavior and tracked them even at night.

He says this was important to the wardens as their wage is practically dependent on wildlife safari/tour income organised withing their park.

Yet, when a film crew turns up armed to the teeth with the best gear, "technology nuts, you know the type", is how he describes them, so even though the warden's income is quite dependent on income that could be generated by the film crew's advertising the game in the park, Caddy blames *them* on not being able to film a chimpanzee - thus the inability for anyone to film a bf.

Typical.

Huge boasts as being these marvellous trackers and men of the woods, but when it comes to crunch time, can't produce a single photo opportunity.
__________________
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Ignorance is a renewable resource" P.J.O'Rourke
Prayer: "a sophisticated way of pleading with thunderstorms." T.Pratchett
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2009, 07:05 AM   #202
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,151
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
The PNW is full of nutrition for a not-too-picky omnivore.
If I only had a brain:



The argument is not that the nutrition isn't available. And why are you mentioning only the PNW? The argument is that a beast of that size would biologically have to devote such an amount of time to feeding that doing so in viable breeding numbers across the North American continent would without a doubt produce a type specimen and obviously unambiguous video and photos.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2009, 08:24 AM   #203
Aepervius
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,679
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
My metal instructor used to go "siwash" when cross-country skiing with a friend of his. They'd be down to pine needle soup at timberline but they were able to maintain themselves even with a fair amount of exertion. The PNW is full of nutrition for a not-too-picky omnivore.

I've seen areas in the Pisgah that were so much like western Oregon and Washington I felt like I was back there. The Pisgah is larger than the Gifford Pinchot and is likewise temperate rainforest. It actually gets more rainfall on the average than the west slope of the Cascades.

That famous compliant gait might be extremely energy-efficient. I think Meldrum went into a fair amount of detail on this in his book, but since it's class time here in the Easter time zone, I have to go.
Yeah sure he can go "siwash" for a day maybe, and lower his calory intake below the average, but on 365 day a year ? Get real, that is what "average" calory intake are, not for a trip in countryside.

Secondly you don't seem to realize we have a good relation between calory intake and size of the beast. A *BIG* bigfoot (bigger than human) would need more calory intake for a similar metabolism. That was the point of sizing and comparing to guorilla or bears. And that is the WHOLE point. If you pretend that BF has only 2.5 or less year average calory intake for such a size, then it must have an EXTREMNLY slow metaboloism, or even be cold blooded. That does not jive with it being mamals or even "moving" so quickly as per witness.

Afterward , once calory intake are estimated AND since 12000 is a good estimate for something that big, you look at how much game or vegetal matter it would require. And that is where you come to the inescapable conclusion you have a problem, because that would generate a certain amount of ****, or traces, which are obviously not found. And like Kitakaze said, that would also take TIME.

I think you are really arguying against the argument because you dislike the conclusion, not because you have a valid point.

Last edited by Aepervius; 7th April 2009 at 08:26 AM.
Aepervius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2009, 08:51 AM   #204
Biscuit
Philosopher
 
Biscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,252
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
Them. There were apparently two somethings.

I hadn't heard the "ten years" before.

They did go back the next day and found hair. According to Herriott (who's probably the most cynical of any "researcher") the analysis came back human/gorilla/chimpanzee group, but none of the above.

I met Peter Byrne in in Hood River at an Audubon Society meeting. He was very down to earth.
The "ten years" part was stated by the guys filming if I recall correctly. While one was crying he blubbered about how they have been looking for ten years and now it was right in front of them.

I am glad they went back but to what end? Bigfoot was right there and they ran away.

Kit,

I have your answer. There are no unambiguous bigfoot photos because bigfoot hunters run away when ever they find bigfoot. Hard to take photos when you run as soon as a branch snap. Not even image stability software can steady the shake of a bigfoot hunter on the run.
__________________
“... there is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Biscuit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2009, 10:16 AM   #205
Drewbot
Illuminator
 
Drewbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,405
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
Them. There were apparently two somethings.

I hadn't heard the "ten years" before.

They did go back the next day and found hair. According to Herriott (who's probably the most cynical of any "researcher") the analysis came back human/gorilla/chimpanzee group, but none of the above.
Are you sure that is what Scott Herriott said? Because when I asked him about the hair samples he said the following:

Originally Posted by Yetifan @ BFF
I don't have a hair sample. Daryl had them and gave them to one "Sterling Bunnell" from the Bay area of Calif. He was the guy who made the basic claim (in a
report that was used on A&E's "Bigfoot) that the hairs were similar but distinguishable from chimp hair samples he had. I have no idea if Bunnell is legit or a crackpot or somewhere in between.
I'm pretty sure they show a bit of the report in that A&E show.
http://www.bigfootforums.com/index.p...dpost&p=526966

A Bigfoot quote citing Sterling Bunnell:
http://books.google.com/books?id=gge...esult&resnum=1

Sterling Bunnell the Psychiatrist from Berkeley,CA:
http://www.wellness.com/dir/2045002/...ing-bunnell-md

Sterling Bunnell the famous hand surgeon? http://www.ejbjs.org/cgi/reprint/39/6/1409.pdf

Which one is it?
__________________
"I dont call that evolution, I call that the survival of the fittest." - Bulletmaker
"I thought skeptics would usually point towards a hoax rather than a group being duped." - makaya325
Kit is not a skeptic. He is a former Bigfoot believer that changed his position to that of non believer.- Crowlogic

Last edited by Drewbot; 7th April 2009 at 10:32 AM.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2009, 11:09 AM   #206
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,245
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
The argument is not that the nutrition isn't available. And why are you mentioning only the PNW? The argument is that a beast of that size would biologically have to devote such an amount of time to feeding that doing so in viable breeding numbers across the North American continent would without a doubt produce a type specimen and obviously unambiguous video and photos.
I mentioned North Carolina, too.

I don't know where I got the caloric figure. We could go with Fahrenbach's 5000 figure -

"Increased size also implies high mobility and a correspondingly large home range. A rare, individually identifiable Sasquatch was reported over a span of 8 years in several locales in Washington and Oregon, the most distant sites having a linear separation of more than 150 miles (240 kin). If we take this distance as a lifetime radius of activity, we get an area (πr2) of more than 70,0002 miles (180,0002 km) of mainly forested terrain. This value encompasses a substantial portion of, for example, Washington State, and cannot be considered indicative of any particular home range. Also, it emphasizes the difficulty of any contemplated scheme of organized field study of the species other than to concentrate on regions of recent sightings.

Secondly, according to Kiciber’s Law (McMahon and Bonner 1973), which states that the basal metabolic rate scales as the 3/4 power of mass, a massive animal needs less energy input per gram of body weight than a small one does. This means that a Sasquatch can get by with a relatively smaller amount of food than a smaller animal. Nonetheless, if we use the calculated weight (W) of a Sasquatch at the population average (299 kg) and apply the scaling formula



(Kleiber 1961),



a basal caloric consumption of about 5,000 calories per day is found. With exercise and inclement weather, this value may double or triple. Hence, a diet that is minimally omnivorous, if not slanted toward carnivory for the sake of calories—especially during the winter—is required to fulfill that demand. Bipedal gait, seemingly as efficient as a quadrupedal gait (Rose 1984), can be viewed as an adaptation to becoming an endurance hunter in the very demanding terrain inhabited by the Sasquatch."

http://home.clara.net/rfthomas/papers/size2.html

- unless you think he's always been dotty, even when he was published in PubMed (on snails).

My argument is the nutrition is easily available and such an animal wouldn't have to spend all its time foraging. Protein provides a quick and plentiful source of most of those calories no matter how many are required. Did you know cougars eat grasshoppers in season when they can't make a kill?

Haven't we been over this before? Most of those beautiful NatGeo quality wildlife photographs are staged due to limitations of time and money.

Someone I've met apparently saw two bipedal primatelike somethings in a wilderness area in Georgia from a distance of about 30' last year. He had NV viewers, but these guys are on a shoestring and don't have an NV camera yet. This was the best they could do in 4 years of visiting this area. Most of the "teams" are weekenders. A "hot" area may have a number of sighting reports, but they're apt to be years or even decades apart.

I can get shots of elk at Cataloochee (NC) because they're imported and acclimated and don't mind the tourists.

When I lived downhill from a wild herd in Washington I saw two cows once and wouldn't have been able to get a shot from the truck if I'd had the camera. Everytime I went mushrooming they were somewhere else.

In my experience, most wild animals don't hang around waiting for the photographers. I'd be hard pressed to get a picture of a squirrel in broad daylight. I have Southern Flying Squirrels on my property now but they're nocturnal and the only way I've seen them was when they got down the chimney into the house.

Given the kind of funding L.S.B Leakey's women got there might be some results, but read Gorillas In the Mist for how easy a time Fosse had finding them even with an expert tracker.

Why are you so hard on Caddy? The man has his credentials.

I only dropped in to post a photo last night when I was bored and had nothing to do. I didn't really intend to get sucked into another discussion.

Back to class. I have to assemble some silver.
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2009, 11:27 AM   #207
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,245
Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Are you sure that is what Scott Herriott said?
I'll check it out when I get home if I can find the right DVD, but I'm really more interested in Queen Elizabeth's suits against Edward de Vere, Earl of Oxford, when he was her ward in order to benefit Robert Dudley, Earl of Leicester.

Incidentally, Aepervius, the siwash trips were longer than a few days. They trekked through the North Cascades and when they were down to pine needle soup Dexter would wake his friend by saying, "Bacon and eggs". Peter Byrne went siwash at times too and said he never had a problem satisfying the "inner man". (That may be in his book if you need a source.)
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2009, 02:40 PM   #208
clayflingythingy
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 416
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
I can get shots of elk at Cataloochee (NC) because they're imported and acclimated and don't mind the tourists.

When I lived downhill from a wild herd in Washington I saw two cows once and wouldn't have been able to get a shot from the truck if I'd had the camera. Everytime I went mushrooming they were somewhere else.

In my experience, most wild animals don't hang around waiting for the photographers. I'd be hard pressed to get a picture of a squirrel in broad daylight. I have Southern Flying Squirrels on my property now but they're nocturnal and the only way I've seen them was when they got down the chimney into the house.
How many elk are shot by hunters each year LAL? Yet, you can't even get a photo of a squirrel in broad daylight!

Just because you are a lousy woodswoman please don't assume that everyone on earth is a lousy woodsperson.
clayflingythingy is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2009, 03:53 PM   #209
xblade
Muse
 
xblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 458
Originally Posted by clayflingythingy View Post
How many elk are shot by hunters each year LAL? Yet, you can't even get a photo of a squirrel in broad daylight!

Just because you are a lousy woodswoman please don't assume that everyone on earth is a lousy woodsperson.
Well, to be fair, she said flying squirrel. They're a little tougher to photograph. But we do have unambiguous photographs:



And video:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


Still no bigfoot though....
xblade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2009, 05:27 PM   #210
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 15,723
They are easier to photograph when they have died in the woods, if a bit out of focus.

__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2009, 06:55 PM   #211
RayG
Master Poster
 
RayG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Somewhere in Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,536
Originally Posted by xblade View Post
Well, to be fair, she said flying squirrel. They're a little tougher to photograph. But we do have unambiguous photographs:




Still no bigfoot though....
That's not a REAL flying squirrel. Why does it have a button for an eye, and where are its wings?

RayG
__________________
Tell ya what. I'll hold my tongue as long as you stick to facts.
--------------------
Scrutatio Et Quaestio
RayG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2009, 08:29 PM   #212
Biscuit
Philosopher
 
Biscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,252
This notion that wild animals are hard to find is really silly. My family has a cabin in Nutrioso, AZ in the white mountains nearly on the NM border.

-We have seen hundreds of elk at almost all time of the year. I stopped taking photos of them because they were always there. Not more than 20 feet from the house. These are not imported or domestic elk. They are very wild and beautiful animals.

- I have seen bald eagles (estimated to be around 100 in our area) and a nesting pair of golden eagles (numbered far fewer) in our little valley. No photos of the golden eagle because I don't have enough zoom on my little cameras and never saw them land. I can post bald eagle photos if you wish.

- Our neighbors claim to have seen mexican grey wolves from the galleros mountain population and Game and Fish believe we have our own pack in AZ now. These were extinct in N. America until recently.

- More squirrels than I can count. I have never bothered to photograph one as the dogs chase them trees as soon as we see one.

- I took a photo of a fox a few years back but it was with a APS camera and my scanner is on the fritz. (Yea you guys remember the short sad life of the APS?)

- I have seen beavers but have never took a photo as they are quick and shy creatures.

The idea that you can not take photos of wild animals, that actually exist, is just silly. Search for any animal and I certain you will find a picture.

Why is every photo of bigfoot fraught with doubt and obscurities?
__________________
“... there is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance.”
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Biscuit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2009, 02:38 AM   #213
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,245
Originally Posted by clayflingythingy View Post
How many elk are shot by hunters each year LAL? Yet, you can't even get a photo of a squirrel in broad daylight!

Just because you are a lousy woodswoman please don't assume that everyone on earth is a lousy woodsperson.
I don't. What was that elk hunting success rate I found, Ray? 7-8%?

My point is that most encounters with possible sasquatches are by people who are not out to photograph a sasquatch and are no more prepared to photograph one than I am when I catch a fleeting glimpse of a squirrel in the yard while I'm intent on doing something else. If I set out trail cams or spent days lurking with the camera I probably could photograph a squirrel. If I had NV equipment I might be able to photograph a flying squirrel before it falls down the chimney, but like most people, I'm on a schedule with a job and school and no time to set out on a journey to photograph an animal that may have been somewhere along eight miles of a trail in the Pisgah about five years ago. I did get some nice pictures along that trail. There are white squirrels in that area. Didn't see one.

One of the dingier members of a group photographed something in that area that he claimed was a female 'squatch, but it really looked more like a dog. Nevertheless, last heard of he was investing $75,000 into a DVD (he claimed). He said the sasquatches go up and down Pisgah Mountain at 4:00 PM every afternoon. I'm still waiting for a plethora of reports from campers at Sunrise and hikers on the Mountains-to-the-Sea trail. Sad to say, I haven't gone out there to see them myself (sarcasm).

I kept my camera on the dash for a while in an experiment to see if I could photograph a rabbitt that crossed the drive nearly every time I came home. There was no time to stop the car and get the camera before it was gone. If it had been an 8' hominid primate I'd still be gnashing my teeth. I saw a young doe in my driveway last April and it was gone before I could think of getting the camera. I had to blink three times before I realized it wasn't a dog or a goat. I had no idea there were still deer in this area at all - I'm on the edge of town. Large animals can conceal themselves quite easily if there's cover.
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2009, 02:54 AM   #214
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,151
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
My point is that most encounters with possible sasquatches are by people who are not out to photograph a sasquatch and are no more prepared to photograph one than I am when I catch a fleeting glimpse of a squirrel in the yard while I'm intent on doing something else.
How do you know this?

Also, this is not a realistic appraisal of the situation. Why can some of the game cameras that are set up all over Northern California capture what is most likely the only wolverine in the wild there but they can't find a breeding population of massive mammals responsible for more than at least 400 alleged encounters that would require around 12,000 calories a day?

Please don't quote me any Bigfoot quacks.

Quote:
If I set out trail cams or spent days lurking with the camera I probably could photograph a squirrel. If I had NV equipment I might be able to photograph a flying squirrel before it falls down the chimney, but like most people, I'm on a schedule with a job and school and no time to set out on a journey to photograph an animal that may have been somewhere along eight miles of a trail in the Pisgah about five years ago. I did get some nice pictures along that trail. There are white squirrels in that area. Didn't see one.
You're own personal circumstances are irrelevant to the question of unambiguous images of a supposed species of massive mammal living all over the continent.

Quote:
One of the dingier members of a group photographed something in that area that he claimed was a female 'squatch, but it really looked more like a dog. Nevertheless, last heard of he was investing $75,000 into a DVD (he claimed). He said the sasquatches go up and down Pisgah Mountain at 4:00 PM every afternoon. I'm still waiting for a plethora of reports from campers at Sunrise and hikers on the Mountains-to-the-Sea trail. Sad to say, I haven't gone out there to see them myself (sarcasm).
We can agree, then, that this photo of something that looked more like a dog wouldn't qualify as unambiguous, would it?

Quote:
I kept my camera on the dash for a while in an experiment to see if I could photograph a rabbitt that crossed the drive nearly every time I came home. There was no time to stop the car and get the camera before it was gone. If it had been an 8' hominid primate I'd still be gnashing my teeth. I saw a young doe in my driveway last April and it was gone before I could think of getting the camera. I had to blink three times before I realized it wasn't a dog or a goat. I had no idea there were still deer in this area at all - I'm on the edge of town. Large animals can conceal themselves quite easily if there's cover.
What a silly story, Lu. You could have tried baiting the rabbit and be done with it.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2009, 03:26 AM   #215
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,245
Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
This notion that wild animals are hard to find is really silly. My family has a cabin in Nutrioso, AZ in the white mountains nearly on the NM border.
Not in deep forest then? I saw both Bald and Golden Eagles in the Columbia Gorge. A friend saw wolves when they were thought to be extinct in the area. I saw a bear twice (probably the same bear). I knew people who knew people who'd seen sasquatches but none were equipped with a camera at the time.
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2009, 06:44 AM   #216
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,245
Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Are you sure that is what Scott Herriott said? Because when I asked him about the hair samples he said the following:
In Todd Partain's Eyes in the Dark he gives a full account. He was in Willow Creek when he was told there'd been a quite recent sighting of a light colored individual by two young boys. They were the ones who ran.

He mentions the area was on private property and when they checked with the owners for permission before going out, they said, oh yeah, they knew they were there - very matter-of-fact.

Scott saw a dark low something up the hill when he and Daryl went to the area. They saw eyes and watched it watch them for about ten minutes. Scott said it didn't blink. Then the pupils apparently dilated and he saw a red glow. He remembered reports about red, glowing eyes. At this point he and Daryl decided to "spread out" in hopes the animal would stand up thinking it was being surrounded and they could get a better view, videotaping. Scott was about 10' away when Daryl saw the light colored arm and shoulder and started losing it, according to Scott's account in Eyes in the Dark. He says they went down considerably faster than they went up (1 1/2-2 hours going up) but he doesn't say they ran.

When they went back the next day they found a "nest" 15'x25' and the hair.

He says in the DVD the hair examined by Dr. Sterling Brunell resembled Mountain Gorilla and Chimpanzee hair he had but was distinguishable from both.

Quote:
http://www.bigfootforums.com/index.p...dpost&p=526966

A Bigfoot quote citing Sterling Bunnell:
http://books.google.com/books?id=gge...esult&resnum=1

Sterling Bunnell the Psychiatrist from Berkeley,CA:
http://www.wellness.com/dir/2045002/...ing-bunnell-md

Sterling Bunnell the famous hand surgeon? http://www.ejbjs.org/cgi/reprint/39/6/1409.pdf

Which one is it?
Burnell as in Jeff's book, the one with the California Academy of Sciences. I don't know any more about him than that.

The report is on A&E's Bigfoot with Leonard Limoy. It says essentially the same thing the book says - related to the human/chimpanzee/gorilla group but distinguishable from each.

Scott and Daryl are both on the DVD, and this is where Scott said he didn't want to see what Daryl was seeing (a 7-8' light colored thing from the waist up). Daryl had the videos professionally enhanced and points out the eyes, knees and toes on the reclining figure. Ancient Mysteries had the film analyzed at Fleet and they found there is an object there.

This wasn't a case of someone randomly pointing a camera and later seeing blobsquatches in the shadows.

In Squatching, Scott goes back to the area and points out where all these things happened.
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2009, 07:06 AM   #217
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,245
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
How do you know this?
Read some reports.
Quote:
Also, this is not a realistic appraisal of the situation. Why can some of the game cameras that are set up all over Northern California capture what is most likely the only wolverine in the wild there but they can't find a breeding population of massive mammals responsible for more than at least 400 alleged encounters that would require around 12,000 calories a day?

Please don't quote me any Bigfoot quacks.
First, I don't agree Northern California is that well covered. Have you been there?

Secondly, I sincerely doubt that was the only wolverine in the wild there. It's just the one that got its picture taken. Has this happened again?

Thirdly, I don't think sasquatches need 12,000 calories a day.

The encounters tend to be on the fringes of terrain where people are. To find the home range, if there is one, you'd have to go very deeply in for extended periods of time, and then, somehow, get a picture. If you know of an easy way to do this, let Richard Noll know. I'm sure he'd be grateful for any advice you can give him.

Quote:
You're own personal circumstances are irrelevant to the question of unambiguous images of a supposed species of massive mammal living all over the continent.
That may be, but I'm trying to keep it simple enough for you to understand. I lived in the county with the highest number of sighting reports in the country but other than the ones from the spring of '69 they're still very few and far between. Even living in such an area is no guarantee of being able to see something unusual, let alone photograph it.


Quote:
We can agree, then, that this photo of something that looked more like a dog wouldn't qualify as unambiguous, would it?
No. Some though it looked more like a bear or a jogger in a hoodie with headphones.

Quote:
What a silly story, Lu. You could have tried baiting the rabbit and be done with it.
The experiment was not to see if I could photograph the rabbit, it was to see if I could stop the car, grab the camera and get a picture of it running in front of me. Most motorists don't keep cameras on the dash, but even so the chances of photographing a road-crossing sas, even in daylight, aren't especially good.
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/

Last edited by LAL; 8th April 2009 at 07:53 AM.
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2009, 07:14 AM   #218
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 10,690
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
This wasn't a case of someone randomly pointing a camera and later seeing blobsquatches in the shadows.

Bob Zenor (BFF) stabilized the Herriott film. Here you see the "creature", and also the red dots are added to indicate where the eyes are located.

Lu, are you saying that this is not a blobsquatch?


__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2009, 07:51 AM   #219
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,245
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Bob Zenor (BFF) stabilized the Herriott film. Here you see the "creature", and also the red dots are added to indicate where the eyes are located.

Lu, are you saying that this is not a blobsquatch?


http://www.bigfootforums.com/uploads...1228278514.gif http://www.bigfootforums.com/uploads...1239170593.gif

You need to see the whole shot. You can't really tell much from that.

Whatever it was moved. So did the big whatever-it-was as though to get a better look, then moved back. Scott said there was no wind, no leaves stirring.

I'm saying it wasn't a case of someone randomly pointing a camera and then finding images.
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2009, 08:04 AM   #220
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 10,690
The Herriott story is just like all the others. I'm sorry that our video is ambiguous, but you can take our word that it is a Bigfoot. We were there. It was Bigfoot. They exist.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2009, 09:31 AM   #221
EHocking
Philosopher
 
EHocking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,292
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
...
Haven't we been over this before? Most of those beautiful NatGeo quality wildlife photographs are staged due to limitations of time and money.
Cite? Or are you trying to poison the well by inferring that NG photographers can't get a wildlife photo, just as you attempted with the Caddy anecdote?
Quote:
...In my experience, most wild animals don't hang around waiting for the photographers.
As has been noted by others, your lack of success is not indicative of other wildlife photographers, professional and amateur.
Quote:
I'd be hard pressed to get a picture of a squirrel in broad daylight. I have Southern Flying Squirrels on my property now but they're nocturnal and the only way I've seen them was when they got down the chimney into the house.
Whereas *I've* taken photos of Roan Antelope (rare/endangered) on a one day trip to a park. It was the first time that the warden/guide had seen one - and he'd been there 15years+.

This proves what?
Quote:
Given the kind of funding L.S.B Leakey's women got there might be some results, but read Gorillas In the Mist for how easy a time Fosse had finding them even with an expert tracker.
Yet Caddy couldn't supply a sighting of chimpanzees that he and his team had tracked for months - even at night.....
Quote:
Why are you so hard on Caddy? The man has his credentials.
Because his anecdote smacks of biased retelling and exaggeration in order to support his claims of bf being difficult to photograph.
__________________
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Ignorance is a renewable resource" P.J.O'Rourke
Prayer: "a sophisticated way of pleading with thunderstorms." T.Pratchett
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2009, 11:34 AM   #222
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 15,723
Quote:
What a silly story, Lu. You could have tried baiting the rabbit and be done with it.
Maybe Lu hasn't gotten the news about video cameras...
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2009, 12:03 PM   #223
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur
 
Skeptical Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,723
Quote:
....but even so the chances of photographing a road-crossing sas, even in daylight, aren't especially good.
My guess, the chances would be about zero ...
__________________
" What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about? "

Prove your computer is not a wimp ! Join Team 13232 !
Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2009, 12:43 PM   #224
Drewbot
Illuminator
 
Drewbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,405
They have been photographing Chimps, in the wilds of africa for a hundred years. And the thing is, it doesn't matter how elusive they were. They were much easier to photograph after one of these tools was used.

470 Nitro Express
__________________
"I dont call that evolution, I call that the survival of the fittest." - Bulletmaker
"I thought skeptics would usually point towards a hoax rather than a group being duped." - makaya325
Kit is not a skeptic. He is a former Bigfoot believer that changed his position to that of non believer.- Crowlogic
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2009, 12:52 PM   #225
xblade
Muse
 
xblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
My point is that most encounters with possible sasquatches are by people who are not out to photograph a sasquatch and are no more prepared to photograph one than I am when I catch a fleeting glimpse of a squirrel in the yard while I'm intent on doing something else.
And yet these same kind of people get pictures of animals, people, etc every day that they didn't set out to photograph. It's a bogus argument.
xblade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2009, 01:28 PM   #226
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,245
Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
Maybe Lu hasn't gotten the news about video cameras...
Do you mean camcorders? I have one. It wouldn't be any quicker off the dashboard than the digital but it might blur things better.
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2009, 01:37 PM   #227
LAL
Illuminator
 
LAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,245
This has been fun, folks, but I'd rather read lists where people say things like:

"While I respect your point of view, I have an idea I think better fits the circumstances. I'm presenting it in a paper I'm writing. I'd like to get your input on it when I'm finished."

I think even proponents agree there are there are hoaxes, misinterpretations and even misrepresentations, but even they don't agree on which are which.

If you want unambiguous pictures, send the professionals. I'm sure NatGeo will just jump at the chance. They could do a sequel to Is It Real? without the question mark.
__________________
Lu

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2009, 01:51 PM   #228
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur
 
Skeptical Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,723
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
This has been fun, folks, but I'd rather read lists where people say things like:

"While I respect your point of view, I have an idea I think better fits the circumstances. I'm presenting it in a paper I'm writing. I'd like to get your input on it when I'm finished."
What lists would those be ? MABRC ?

Why should anyone here, respect your point of view ?

What do you think has changed since you gave up the last time ?


Quote:
I think even proponents agree there are there are hoaxes, misinterpretations and even misrepresentations, but even they don't agree on which are which.
Could it be because there have been no reasonable alternatives offered ?
Like -- real evidence for a non-human North American primate ..

Quote:
If you want unambiguous pictures, send the professionals. I'm sure NatGeo will just jump at the chance.
But, they haven't ..

Why's that ?

Quote:
They could do a sequel to Is It Real? without the question mark.
That would make it :

" It Is Real ! "

And they would need actual evidence to make such a statement.
__________________
" What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about? "

Prove your computer is not a wimp ! Join Team 13232 !

Last edited by Skeptical Greg; 8th April 2009 at 02:01 PM.
Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2009, 03:53 PM   #229
EHocking
Philosopher
 
EHocking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,292
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
If you want unambiguous pictures, send the professionals. I'm sure NatGeo will just jump at the chance. They could do a sequel to Is It Real? without the question mark.
Make up your mind are NatGeo up to the task, or do they "stage all their quality wildlife photographs"?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAL
...
Haven't we been over this before? Most of those beautiful NatGeo quality wildlife photographs are staged due to limitations of time and money.
Cite? Or are you trying to poison the well by inferring that NG photographers can't get a wildlife photo, just as you attempted with the Caddy anecdote?
I guess you can't back up this libel then...

Again, a typical footer ploy, continue spreading disinformation where the facts are too uncomfortable to face.
__________________
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Ignorance is a renewable resource" P.J.O'Rourke
Prayer: "a sophisticated way of pleading with thunderstorms." T.Pratchett
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2009, 08:49 PM   #230
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 15,723
Quote:
I kept my camera on the dash for a while in an experiment to see if I could photograph a rabbitt that crossed the drive nearly every time I came home.
So, why wouldn't you have the video camera running on the dash when you come home then? Nearly every time means you will certainly catch the rabbit with a video camera, and a good video camera will give you good stills.

Same thing for a spot that bigfoot frequently crosses. Why try to time it? Why try to pick up the camera? Why not have a camera running already if the event happens nearly every time?

In fact, most digital still cameras can also be set to record quite a bit of 640X480 video with a large enough memory card. My cheapest camera can do this.

Your experiment seems odd to me. This is a regularly occuring event at a set area, which is very easy to catch on a camera, and is nothing like a typical bigfoot encounter.

In many bigfoot encounters, bigfoot doesn't run away at all. It either stays there and observes, or is unaware it is being watched, or it moseys away slowly, allowing anyone plenty of time to photograph it. Many encounters last plenty long enough to get out your camera and fire away.

Can this rabbit avoid a game cam?
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 02:20 AM   #231
marlborough
Scholar
 
marlborough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 62
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
The argument is not that the nutrition isn't available. And why are you mentioning only the PNW? The argument is that a beast of that size would biologically have to devote such an amount of time to feeding that doing so in viable breeding numbers across the North American continent would without a doubt produce a type specimen and obviously unambiguous video and photos.


Of course, there's always the possiblity that BF's reproduce asexually and use a mammalian form of photosynthesis to minimize the need of feeding. I'm surprised the esteemed Dr. Fahrenbach hasn't thought of this.
marlborough is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 03:24 AM   #232
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,151
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
If you want unambiguous pictures, send the professionals. I'm sure NatGeo will just jump at the chance. They could do a sequel to Is It Real? without the question mark.
If I wanted pictures of vampire squid, I'd look to National Geographic. If I wanted unambiguous images of Bigfoot, I'd take the fact that the advanced animal detection arrays in Northern California not finding any giant monkeys as a sign they aren't there.

BTW, Lu, the claim that National Geographic stages most of their shots due to restrictions on time and money smells like a footerism to me. Can you prove that claim?
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6

Last edited by kitakaze; 9th April 2009 at 03:26 AM.
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 04:48 AM   #233
Correa Neto
Philosopher
 
Correa Neto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,230
Originally Posted by LAL View Post
...snip...They saw eyes and watched it watch them for about ten minutes. Scott said it didn't blink. Then the pupils apparently dilated and he saw a red glow. He remembered reports about red, glowing eyes. ...snip...
LAL, bigfeet with cat-like eyes are more plausible than bigfeet with glowing eyes, be the glow red or green. Note that the report is not about the criter's eyes reflecting light.

I see no reason to take such reports seriously.
__________________
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Together we can find the cure
Oh, and together we can find a cure to religion too…
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 05:51 AM   #234
EHocking
Philosopher
 
EHocking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,292
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
If I wanted pictures of vampire squid, I'd look to National Geographic. If I wanted unambiguous images of Bigfoot, I'd take the fact that the advanced animal detection arrays in Northern California not finding any giant monkeys as a sign they aren't there.

BTW, Lu, the claim that National Geographic stages most of their shots due to restrictions on time and money smells like a footerism to me. Can you prove that claim?
Here's National Geographic Magazine's Editor in Chief's picks for 2008, with links to the photographer's story behind the shot.

Knock yourself out Lu
__________________
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Ignorance is a renewable resource" P.J.O'Rourke
Prayer: "a sophisticated way of pleading with thunderstorms." T.Pratchett
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 09:43 AM   #235
Spektator
Dog Who Laughs
 
Spektator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,455
I live in the foothills of the southern Appalachians, in an area that is not very wild at all--not quite suburban, but far from "open country." I regularly walk for exercise along a five-mile cleared path through woods (it crosses two highways in that distance) and don't carry a camera, but I do have a cell phone with camera. Over the years I've taken unambiguous photos of a whole bunch of wildlife: beavers, deer, a fox, rabbits, four or five snakes, a coyote, and what I thought was a humongous hawk--it turned out to be a Golden Eagle, one of several that were imported and released in the area some years back. One of the college biologists had no trouble at all in identifying it. And, oh, yes, a young bear once broke out of the underbrush in front of me and stopped to peer at me before crossing the trail and running away, and I got a good enough photo of it so that people had no trouble recognizing it.
__________________
Even when you keep piling them up, lies never compress to become the truth.
Spektator is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 09:47 AM   #236
Drewbot
Illuminator
 
Drewbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,405
Originally Posted by Spektator View Post
And, oh, yes, a young bear once broke out of the underbrush in front of me and stopped to peer at me before crossing the trail and running away, and I got a good enough photo of it so that people had no trouble recognizing it.
Do you mean to say that Nobody, noone, saw your photo of the bear, and concluded it was a Giant Hairy, Unclassified Biped with a Jacked-up Flight Response?
__________________
"I dont call that evolution, I call that the survival of the fittest." - Bulletmaker
"I thought skeptics would usually point towards a hoax rather than a group being duped." - makaya325
Kit is not a skeptic. He is a former Bigfoot believer that changed his position to that of non believer.- Crowlogic
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 09:50 AM   #237
Spektator
Dog Who Laughs
 
Spektator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,455
Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Do you mean to say that Nobody, noone, saw your photo of the bear, and concluded it was a Giant Hairy, Unclassified Biped with a Jacked-up Flight Response?
Nope not a one. I had lots of "My God, weren't you scared?" questions, but the bear wasn't very big--not a cub but not grown--and I wasn't all that close. By good luck I took the photo as he was turning his head and caught it in profile, otherwise it might have looked like an overweight dog. I wish I'd saved those--I didn't have any way to download them or print them, so I'd just show them around on my phone in the faculty dining room, then erase them.
__________________
Even when you keep piling them up, lies never compress to become the truth.
Spektator is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 10:09 AM   #238
Correa Neto
Philosopher
 
Correa Neto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,230
Hehehehehe!
Sounds like some bigfootery tales!
__________________
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Together we can find the cure
Oh, and together we can find a cure to religion too…
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 02:39 PM   #239
RayG
Master Poster
 
RayG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Somewhere in Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,536
Originally Posted by Spektator View Post
And, oh, yes, a young bear once broke out of the underbrush in front of me and stopped to peer at me before crossing the trail and running away...
How can you be certain it wasn't a giant hedgehog?



RayG
__________________
Tell ya what. I'll hold my tongue as long as you stick to facts.
--------------------
Scrutatio Et Quaestio
RayG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2009, 03:30 PM   #240
Vortigern99
Philosopher
 
Vortigern99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,941
Originally Posted by RayG View Post
How can you be certain it wasn't a giant hedgehog?

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...e6b102db7d.jpg

RayG
[montypython]Dimsdale? Dimsdale??[/montypython]

I find it revealing when a bigfoot proponent will take personal or second-hand anecdotes about the difficulty of photographing wildlife, and extrapolate that to bigfoot reserach -- "I had a hard time getting pics of a bald eagle" or "My friend couldn't get a single pic of a chimpanzee in chimpanzee country" -- while conveniently ignoring the fact that we have millions of photos already on-file in wildlife registries, many of them available for viewing on the Internet and elsewhere, attesting to those species' existence.

Bigfoot? Not so much. A few dozen photos, at most, of some unidentifiable shape in the woods, and/or a video or three of a guy in a suit.

This is a good example of the kind of unconscious self-deception I mentioned in the "incompetent researcher" thread. People such as LAL may not even realize they are deluding themselves, but the illogic of their arguments (and their inability to answer hard questions of the kind kitakaze keeps asking, over and over) exposes their baloney.
__________________
"I'm 'willing to admit' any fact that can be shown to be evidential and certain." -- Vortigern99

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Last edited by Vortigern99; 9th April 2009 at 03:33 PM.
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:41 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.