ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 911 conspiracy theory , thermite , wtc1 , wtc2

Closed Thread
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:02 PM   #1
Galileo
Illuminator
 
Galileo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,368
[Closed]Active Thermitic Material Discovered in Dust from the 9/11 World Trade Center

Active Thermitic Material Discovered in Dust from the 9/11 World Trade Center Catastrophe

pp.7-31 (25)

Authors: Niels H. Harrit, Jeffrey Farrer, Steven E. Jones, Kevin R. Ryan, Frank M. Legge, Daniel Farnsworth, Gregg Roberts, James R. Gourley, Bradley R. Larsen

doi: 10.2174/1874412500902010007

Abstract

We have discovered distinctive red/gray chips in all the samples we have studied of the dust produced by the destruction of the World Trade Center. Examination of four of these samples, collected from separate sites, is reported in this paper. These red/gray chips show marked similarities in all four samples. One sample was collected by a Manhattan resident about ten minutes after the collapse of the second WTC Tower, two the next day, and a fourth about a week later. The properties of these chips were analyzed using optical microscopy, scanning electron microscopy (SEM), X-ray energy dispersive spectroscopy (XEDS), and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC). The red material contains grains approximately 100 nm across which are largely iron oxide, while aluminum is contained in tiny plate-like structures. Separation of components using methyl ethyl ketone demonstrated that elemental aluminum is present. The iron oxide and aluminum are intimately mixed in the red material. When ignited in a DSC device the chips exhibit large but narrow exotherms occurring at approximately 430 įC, far below the normal ignition temperature for conventional thermite. Numerous iron-rich spheres are clearly observed in the residue following the ignition of these peculiar red/gray chips. The red portion of these chips is found to be an unreacted thermitic material and highly energetic.

Keywords: JScanning electron microscopy, X-ray energy dispersive spectroscopy, Differential scanning calorimetry, DSC analysis, World Trade Center, WTC dust, 9/11, Iron-rich microspheres, Thermite, Super-thermite, Energetic nanocomposites, Nano-thermite
Affiliation: Department of Chemistry, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, DK-2100, Denmark.

http://www.bentham-open.org/pages/co...001/7TOCPJ.SGM

MORE DETAILS:

"Formally published in a peer-reviewed Chemical Physics journal, today:"

http://www.911blogger.com/node/19761

The end is near for the archie debunkers.
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:06 PM   #2
Dog Town
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,862
Originally Posted by Galileo View Post

The end is near ...
Old hat! Vanity published,paint chips,yadda,yadda,yadda!
NEXT!
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:07 PM   #3
thought_fugitive
Scholar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 97
What happens at the end again?
thought_fugitive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:10 PM   #4
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted
 
ElMondoHummus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Somewhere north of the South Pole
Posts: 12,257
Fail. They didn't publish in the the legitimate Chemical Physics journal or the Journal of Chemical Physics (yes, they are two different ones). They published in the Bentham Open Chemical Physics Journal. See R.Mackey's posts on their editorial policies to understand why this is a fail.
__________________
"AND ZEPPELINS!!! We haven't even begun to talk about Zeppelins yet! Marauding inflatable Teutonic johnsons waggling their way across the sky! Indecent and flammable all at once."
ElMondoHummus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:12 PM   #5
Galileo
Illuminator
 
Galileo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,368
Originally Posted by ElMondoHummus View Post
Fail. They didn't publish in the the legitimate Chemical Physics journal or the Journal of Chemical Physics (yes, they are two different ones). They published in the Bentham Open Chemical Physics Journal. See R.Mackey's posts on their editorial policies to understand why this is a fail.
You fail. They published in a legitimate scientific journal. They found proof of explosives. You lose.
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:13 PM   #6
stateofgrace
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,843
Originally Posted by Galileo View Post

The end is near for the archie debunkers.
And your plan then is?

Kangaroo courts? Mass executions?

What will you do with us traitorous debunkers?

stateofgrace is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:15 PM   #7
Galileo
Illuminator
 
Galileo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,368
Originally Posted by stateofgrace View Post
And your plan then is?

Kangaroo courts? Mass executions?

What will you do with us traitorous debunkers?
You fail. Mass murder is not a joke. You lose. The days of the debunkers are numbered.
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:15 PM   #8
1337m4n
Alphanumeric Anonymous Stick Man
 
1337m4n's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,510
Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
You fail. They published in a legitimate scientific journal. They found proof of explosives. You lose.
If that's true, why aren't you taking this groundbreaking new evidence to the authorities?
__________________
http://forums.randi.org/imagehosting...2b728514ea.gif

"The evidence that the attacks of 9/11 were an inside job just keeps not coming in." --pomeroo
1337m4n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:17 PM   #9
Galileo
Illuminator
 
Galileo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,368
Originally Posted by 1337m4n View Post
If that's true, why aren't you taking this groundbreaking new evidence to the authorities?
That is a stupid question. I am not going to call you stupid, but your question is stupid.

Which authority shall I bring it to, the JREF police?
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:17 PM   #10
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted
 
ElMondoHummus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Somewhere north of the South Pole
Posts: 12,257
Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
You fail. They published in a legitimate scientific journal. They found proof of explosives. You lose.
They do not have a legitimate peer review process. Ryan Mackey uncovered this last year. You lose. Go do a search.

Besides, what you fail to understand is that peer review is merely the first step in validation. If you had had a proper education in scientific research, you'd understand this. Refereeing only guarantees that method was followed, not that accuracy of results is achieved. That is only accomplished when results of other independent studies lend weight to the conclusions of a given paper.

Learn, Galileo. You too often fire off posts without thought or understanding.
__________________
"AND ZEPPELINS!!! We haven't even begun to talk about Zeppelins yet! Marauding inflatable Teutonic johnsons waggling their way across the sky! Indecent and flammable all at once."
ElMondoHummus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:18 PM   #11
stateofgrace
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,843
Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
You fail. Mass murder is not a joke. You lose. The days of the debunkers are numbered.
I fail?

So you intend to bring retribution upon all those that question you?

This is your master plan? Your final solution ?
stateofgrace is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:19 PM   #12
Galileo
Illuminator
 
Galileo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,368
Originally Posted by ElMondoHummus View Post
They do not have a legitimate peer review process. Ryan Mackey uncovered this last year. You lose. Go do a search.

Besides, what you fail to understand is that peer review is merely the first step in validation. If you had had a proper education in scientific research, you'd understand this. Refereeing only guarantees that method was followed, not that accuracy of results is achieved. That is only accomplished when results of other independent studies lend weight to the conclusions of a given paper.

Learn, Galileo. You too often fire off posts without thought or understanding.
You fail to understand that these scientists found thermite. You lose.
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:20 PM   #13
dtugg
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,885
I think I am going to have to cry myself to sleep because of this Earth shattering absolute proof of an inside jobby job.
dtugg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:21 PM   #14
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted
 
ElMondoHummus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Somewhere north of the South Pole
Posts: 12,257
Found it.

Originally Posted by R.Mackey View Post
I received a reply from Mr. Alam to my reminder today, and it is not promising.

He decided to forward my complaints ... to the author of the paper.

I have informed him that, since the authors of dubious papers do not set the standards for journals, that his response is entirely inappropriate, and have reminded him that it is the editors who should be responding.

Thus far, only Mr. Alam has responded to anything, and it appears that he has no idea how real journals operate.

At this point, I am about 80 percent convinced that the Bentham Open Access Journals are merely a vanity publication. I do still have some doubt because there are a great many -- too many! -- professionals listed on their editorial board, and the few I've checked up on appear to be legitimate. I will be taking this discussion to them with or without Mr. Alam, and we will get to the bottom of this.
Originally Posted by R.Mackey View Post
For what it's worth, I've had no further response from Dr. Jeng. So it stands where it was -- the publisher is operating without oversight, the publisher has no idea what he's doing, and the publisher has yet to provide the reviewers' comments (or even their names) to their own editor-in-chief.

I suppose I could turn up the heat and let their respective universities' steering committees know about this little tale of academic fraud, but I'm not sure we need to. We know what we wanted to know -- Dr. Jones got published because he found a disreputable journal, and his paper was never properly reviewed. Game, set, match, and he's still out a few hundred bucks.

If this happens again, though, the responsible parties have been duly reminded of their responsibility.
This has been covered before. Jones et. al. publishing in vanity publications is nowhere near the equivalent of publishing in established, legitimate scientific journals. On the contrary, it's an admittance of failure to be taken seriously by the academic community. On top of that, Jones's research has to date been shoddy. This is a poor stab of legitimacy on Jones et. al.'s part, and yet another demonstration of Galileo's inability to comprehend the reality of how research knowledge is generated and validated.
__________________
"AND ZEPPELINS!!! We haven't even begun to talk about Zeppelins yet! Marauding inflatable Teutonic johnsons waggling their way across the sky! Indecent and flammable all at once."
ElMondoHummus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:21 PM   #15
Holler Hoojer
Critical Thinker
 
Holler Hoojer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 422
Omigosh! I knew it! They finally found rust and traces of aluminum in structural steel. Please, dear lord, don't let them come to Pittsburgh. We've got piles and piles of conspiracy evidence.
Holler Hoojer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:25 PM   #16
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted
 
ElMondoHummus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Somewhere north of the South Pole
Posts: 12,257
Jesus H... I'm only at the abstract, and they're trying to legitimize their "thermite chips" thesis...

This is a loser, folks. I'll read it through, but it simply looks like this is just a writeup of some spectroscopic work done on those chips. How that proves deliberate destruction of the towers in the absence of effects found on the structural steel, I don't know, but I doubt they'll even try to make that argument in this paper.
__________________
"AND ZEPPELINS!!! We haven't even begun to talk about Zeppelins yet! Marauding inflatable Teutonic johnsons waggling their way across the sky! Indecent and flammable all at once."
ElMondoHummus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:25 PM   #17
Galileo
Illuminator
 
Galileo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,368
Originally Posted by ElMondoHummus View Post
Found it.





This has been covered before. Jones et. al. publishing in vanity publications is nowhere near the equivalent of publishing in established, legitimate scientific journals. On the contrary, it's an admittance of failure to be taken seriously by the academic community. On top of that, Jones's research has to date been shoddy. This is a poor stab of legitimacy on Jones et. al.'s part, and yet another demonstration of Galileo's inability to comprehend the reality of how research knowledge is generated and validated.
The scientists found thermite. Let's see you and your authorities debunk that. You are unable to think for yourself, and merely rely on what others tell you. That is the mentality at JREF. Your "conspriracy" forum is going down. We have proven that thermite was found.

Argue the evidence or shut up.
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:25 PM   #18
A W Smith
Philosopher
 
A W Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,032
Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
You fail. They published in a legitimate scientific journal. They found proof of explosives. You lose.

No, its a pay to play vanity journal. Its already been debunked. The only condition you must meet to publish in it is to send in your check. The owners of the journal cannot even provide a who-is of the peer reviewers. They are not even aware of the content they allow to be published. They just cash the checks. Its a boiler room operation out of India. The fact that they had to resort to publishing outside of recognized scientific journals in an attempt to hide their folly means epic fail. Sorry you lose.
__________________
911 resource site by Mark Roberts
http://wtc7lies.googlepages.com/home
Gravy: Christopher7; You are a Basking Shark in a sea of ignorance.
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Donít get me lolín off my chesterfield dude.

Last edited by A W Smith; 3rd April 2009 at 04:30 PM.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:29 PM   #19
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted
 
ElMondoHummus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Somewhere north of the South Pole
Posts: 12,257
Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
You fail. They published in a legitimate scientific journal. They found proof of explosives. You lose.
Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
You fail to understand that these scientists found thermite. You lose.
So which is it, genius? They found thermite, or they found an explosive? Those are two different things.

Cripes... all this time on the forum and you still don't realize that...
__________________
"AND ZEPPELINS!!! We haven't even begun to talk about Zeppelins yet! Marauding inflatable Teutonic johnsons waggling their way across the sky! Indecent and flammable all at once."
ElMondoHummus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:29 PM   #20
stateofgrace
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,843
Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
The scientists found thermite. Let's see you and your authorities debunk that. You are unable to think for yourself, and merely rely on what others tell you. That is the mentality at JREF. Your "conspriracy" forum is going down. We have proven that thermite was found.

Argue the evidence or shut up.
http://www.changetowin.org/connect/images/fail.jpg

Edited by prewitt81:  Edited to remove hotlinked image.

Last edited by prewitt81; 4th April 2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: as noted
stateofgrace is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:30 PM   #21
Galileo
Illuminator
 
Galileo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,368
Originally Posted by A W Smith View Post
No, its a pay to play vanity journal. Its already been debunked. The only condition you must meet to publish in it is to send in your check. The owners of the journal cannot even provide a who-is of the peer reviewers. They are not even aware of the content they allow to be published. They just cash the checks. Its a boiler room operation out of India. Sorry you lose.
It was just approved and not debunked. That is why it was just published.

If you want to debunk it, go ahead and be a hero. Argue the evidence.
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:31 PM   #22
Galileo
Illuminator
 
Galileo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,368
Originally Posted by stateofgrace View Post
Argue the evidence.
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:34 PM   #23
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted
 
ElMondoHummus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Somewhere north of the South Pole
Posts: 12,257
Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
The scientists found thermite. Let's see you and your authorities debunk that. You are unable to think for yourself, and merely rely on what others tell you. That is the mentality at JREF. Your "conspriracy" forum is going down. We have proven that thermite was found.

Argue the evidence or shut up.
Finding Iron oxide and aluminum in a tower built from steel with an aluminum facade is not unexpected, Galileo. On top of that, there's nothing in this paper that's not been restated before in previous threads. This is a total recycle.

If you want evidence, reconcile the fact that there was no thermite severance of the steel columns. Also reconcile the fact that, if you continue to mistakenly think thermite is an "explosive", why there's no evidence of such explosions left i.e. broken windows for blocks around, barotrauma, etc. Regardless of what Jones and his misled gang find, the fact remains that there was no sign of thermite or explosive severance on the recovered steel, nor was there any other evidence of it's emplacement. This argument has been made over and over before; go do a search for it. It's the conspiracy peddling side that's yet to actually deal with the real evidence.
__________________
"AND ZEPPELINS!!! We haven't even begun to talk about Zeppelins yet! Marauding inflatable Teutonic johnsons waggling their way across the sky! Indecent and flammable all at once."
ElMondoHummus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:34 PM   #24
stateofgrace
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,843
Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
Argue the evidence.
It as been argued and you failed.

So, your final solution is?
stateofgrace is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:35 PM   #25
A W Smith
Philosopher
 
A W Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,032
Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
It was just approved and not debunked. That is why it was just published.

If you want to debunk it, go ahead and be a hero. Argue the evidence.

Where have you been? Its been debunked months ago. Its paint. Also where the chain of custody? Did scientists collect and map collection points and protect the samples from contamination or did some lady swipe some from her lower Manhattan condo windowsill on a swiffer pad?
__________________
911 resource site by Mark Roberts
http://wtc7lies.googlepages.com/home
Gravy: Christopher7; You are a Basking Shark in a sea of ignorance.
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Donít get me lolín off my chesterfield dude.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:39 PM   #26
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted
 
ElMondoHummus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Somewhere north of the South Pole
Posts: 12,257
Sunstealer, if you happen to read this thread, perhaps you can speak towards the spectroscopy Jones embedded in that report (obtainable here: http://www.bentham.org/open/tocpj/openaccess2.htm). To me, it looks like a rehash of his "microspheres" work, but this is supposedly on different substances. I simply don't have the spectroscopic knowledge to see whether it's a rehash or something new.

Regardless, finding iron oxide and aluminum from the Twin Towers is like finding water in the ocean i.e. fully expected. So I'm not about to cede an iota of legitimacy to their allegations of incendiaries use; it's a long step from finding those two substances and saying that an incendiary was used to topple the towers. In spite of that, it still might be instructive for lurkers and others to know what an experienced hand at reading X-EDS results has to say about his work.
__________________
"AND ZEPPELINS!!! We haven't even begun to talk about Zeppelins yet! Marauding inflatable Teutonic johnsons waggling their way across the sky! Indecent and flammable all at once."
ElMondoHummus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:40 PM   #27
Doctor Evil
Master Poster
 
Doctor Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,014
Originally Posted by stateofgrace View Post
It as been argued and you failed.

So, your final solution is?
Larger fonts, duh.



__________________
"ut biberent, quando esse nollent " (if they will not eat, then they will drink) -- Publius Claudius Pulcher

"In this universe, effect follows cause. I've complained about it but ... " -- House
Doctor Evil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:44 PM   #28
Galileo
Illuminator
 
Galileo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,368
Originally Posted by A W Smith View Post
No, its a pay to play vanity journal. Its already been debunked. The only condition you must meet to publish in it is to send in your check. The owners of the journal cannot even provide a who-is of the peer reviewers. They are not even aware of the content they allow to be published. They just cash the checks. Its a boiler room operation out of India. The fact that they had to resort to publishing outside of recognized scientific journals in an attempt to hide their folly means epic fail. Sorry you lose.
Wrong!

This was not published in Vanity Fair. This was published in a peer reviewed scientific journal.

I feel your vain.
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:46 PM   #29
Galileo
Illuminator
 
Galileo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,368
Originally Posted by ElMondoHummus View Post
Finding Iron oxide and aluminum in a tower built from steel with an aluminum facade is not unexpected, Galileo. On top of that, there's nothing in this paper that's not been restated before in previous threads. This is a total recycle.

If you want evidence, reconcile the fact that there was no thermite severance of the steel columns. Also reconcile the fact that, if you continue to mistakenly think thermite is an "explosive", why there's no evidence of such explosions left i.e. broken windows for blocks around, barotrauma, etc. Regardless of what Jones and his misled gang find, the fact remains that there was no sign of thermite or explosive severance on the recovered steel, nor was there any other evidence of it's emplacement. This argument has been made over and over before; go do a search for it. It's the conspiracy peddling side that's yet to actually deal with the real evidence.
Thermite was already discovered before, I agree with that.
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:47 PM   #30
Galileo
Illuminator
 
Galileo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,368
Originally Posted by stateofgrace View Post
It as been argued and you failed.

So, your final solution is?
It has been argued, by scientists and referees, and they found thermite.
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:51 PM   #31
Doctor Evil
Master Poster
 
Doctor Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,014
Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
It has been argued, by scientists and referees, and they found thermite.
Actually, no, they did not. They found Iron oxide and Aluminum. As already noted, all elements were present in large quantities in the WTC buildings.
__________________
"ut biberent, quando esse nollent " (if they will not eat, then they will drink) -- Publius Claudius Pulcher

"In this universe, effect follows cause. I've complained about it but ... " -- House
Doctor Evil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:51 PM   #32
Galileo
Illuminator
 
Galileo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,368
Originally Posted by A W Smith View Post
Where have you been? Its been debunked months ago. Its paint. Also where the chain of custody? Did scientists collect and map collection points and protect the samples from contamination or did some lady swipe some from her lower Manhattan condo windowsill on a swiffer pad?
Chain of custody can be tested. Just compare these results to other independent samples preserved by authorities from the crime scene.
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:51 PM   #33
Dog Town
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,862
Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
Wrong!

This was not published in Vanity Fair.


You got that right! VF would be a huge step up! Their researchers would shred it, though!
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:53 PM   #34
Galileo
Illuminator
 
Galileo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,368
Originally Posted by Doctor Evil View Post
Actually, no, they did not. They found Iron oxide and Aluminum. As already noted, all elements were present in large quantities in the WTC buildings.
It says in the report thay found unreacted thermite. You are wrong.
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:53 PM   #35
dtugg
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,885
Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
It says in the report thay found unreacted thermite. You are wrong.
So? They are liars.
dtugg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:54 PM   #36
stateofgrace
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,843
Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
It has been argued, by scientists and referees, and they found thermite.
Don't you ever get tried of being wrong and accusing innocent people of mass murder?
stateofgrace is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:54 PM   #37
Galileo
Illuminator
 
Galileo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,368
Mods:

Please move this to the mental pygmies section.

The people here have no interest in rational or scientific discussion.

I am very disappointed in the quality of the James Randi forum.
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:56 PM   #38
Galileo
Illuminator
 
Galileo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,368
Originally Posted by dtugg View Post
So? They are liars.
No, you are the liar and you did not study the forensic evidence.
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:57 PM   #39
Galileo
Illuminator
 
Galileo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,368
Originally Posted by stateofgrace View Post
Don't you ever get tried of being wrong and accusing innocent people of mass murder?
What I say is backed up by peer reviewed science.
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2009, 04:58 PM   #40
dtugg
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,885
Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
No, you are the liar and you did not study the forensic evidence.
What evidence? Some rust and aluminum? OH MY GOD!!!!! RUST AND ALUMINUM WAS FOUND AT THE SITE THEREFORE THERMITE DESTROYED THE WORLD TRADE CENTER OMG!!1111!!!111ELEVENTY11111!!111!1!!!
dtugg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:14 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.