ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 5th June 2009, 05:51 PM   #1
CasaRojo
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 93
How to debunk a skeptic.

Definitely worth a looksee.--->http://www.debunkingskeptics.com
CasaRojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2009, 05:58 PM   #2
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation
 
Hokulele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Biggest Little City in the World
Posts: 29,577
They might want to learn how to debug html and php, first.
__________________
"Oh god...What have you done, zooterkin? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!?!" - Cleon
Hokulele is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2009, 06:03 PM   #3
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator
 
Foolmewunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 41,468
Originally Posted by CasaRojo View Post
Definitely worth a looksee.--->http://www.debunkingskeptics.com
If you report yourself maybe a nice Mod will change the spelling error in the thread title.


Ho hum. More Zammit. What a horrid cluttered website.
__________________
Ha! Foolmewunz has just been added to the list of people who aren't complete idiots. Hokulele

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2009, 06:04 PM   #4
CasaRojo
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 93
Originally Posted by Hokulele View Post
They might want to learn how to debug html and php, first.
LOL! I noticed that. Wonder how long it'll take 'em?
CasaRojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2009, 06:05 PM   #5
CasaRojo
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 93
Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
If you report yourself maybe a nice Mod will change the spelling error in the thread title.


Ho hum. More Zammit. What a horrid cluttered website.
I really gotta git new glasses. :-)
CasaRojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2009, 06:09 PM   #6
shawmutt
Squirrel Murderer
 
shawmutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,037
There are skeptic deer too? I know how to debuk them.
shawmutt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2009, 06:34 PM   #7
CasaRojo
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 93
Originally Posted by shawmutt View Post
There are skeptic deer too? I know how to debuk them.
Somebody's gonna call PETA to report your PETA collection.
CasaRojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2009, 06:35 PM   #8
sadhatter
Philosopher
 
sadhatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,694
Wow, that was....fun. Why is it that woo flinging people with 20 minutes of " how to make a website" think that just because they made another website with the same information that suddenly they have brought something new and exciting to the world?

This website says the same thing, in the same tone, that a million other websites say. And it all boils down to the people saying it, when they are not misquoting someone or something, simply do not have the training in the proper fields of study, or if they do, they are obviously cashing in -in some way shape or form on peoples need to believe in woo.

Wow Scepcop, your saying that with no formal training and little to no access to individual phenomena you claim as true you have just as much of an educated valid opinion as someone like Michael Shermer? No i havn't heard that same story from every woo flinger of every degree.
sadhatter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2009, 07:00 PM   #9
George 152
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,012
How about we give them a price to do their webpage so it doesn't look such a dogs breakfast of code?
George 152 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2009, 07:11 PM   #10
jasonpatterson
Philanthropic Misanthrope
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Space, The Final Frontier
Posts: 2,556
One of the five current SKEPCOP committee members calls itself Indigo Child. I went to its blog and found the following pearl of wisdom... (emphasis mine)

Quote:
Pure being simply "IS" and thus it is existent, and because it is, there is an isn't, but which is insofar as a holographic projection of the "IS" The world is therefore like a dream of the pure being.
...
I caution the reader not to take this as solipsism or as idealism ... This is critical realism.
Wow, this could have been a Deep Thought, by Jack Handy.
__________________
Sandra's seen a leprechaun, Eddie touched a troll, Laurie danced with witches once, Charlie found some goblins' gold.
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susie spied an elf, But all the magic I have known I've had to make myself.
- Shel Silverstein
jasonpatterson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 02:12 AM   #11
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger
 
rjh01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Flying around in the sky
Posts: 25,965
From the link in the OP
Quote:
And that I might add is a very odd definition of a "skeptic" since they are only "skeptical" of certain things, yet unquestionably accept anything from the status quo as dogma. That's no objectivity at all, but pure bias.
This statement is rubbish. There are heaps of example where many people in this forum do not support the status quo. I am sure I can find heaps of post here that criticize current drug laws. And many of us do not support traditional religious beliefs.

I am sure you can find heaps of other statements that are questionable in the link. For example the post above this one.
rjh01 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 03:00 AM   #12
hokie
Scholar
 
hokie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 119
The funniest part of that site to me was the million dollar challenge "One million dollars is offered to any skeptic who can rebut the evidence for the existence of the afterlife.".

Quote:
NOTE CAREFULLY: The applicant is not required to 'prove the negative' as skeptical debunkers try to deliberately mislead readers: the evidence is positively expressly stated (as outlined in the subject book A LAWYER PRESENTS THE CASE FOR THE AFTERLIFE). Then the onus is on the applicant to demonstrate WHERE, WHEN, WHY, and HOW the expressly stated evidence is not valid.
hokie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 03:16 AM   #13
thatguywhojuggles
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,335
Originally Posted by hokie View Post
The funniest part of that site to me was the million dollar challenge "One million dollars is offered to any skeptic who can rebut the evidence for the existence of the afterlife.".



Quote:
NOTE CAREFULLY: The applicant is not required to 'prove the negative' as skeptical debunkers try to deliberately mislead readers: the evidence is positively expressly stated (as outlined in the subject book A LAWYER PRESENTS THE CASE FOR THE AFTERLIFE). Then the onus is on the applicant to demonstrate WHERE, WHEN, WHY, and HOW the expressly stated evidence is not valid.
Rose bushes have thorns, therefore there is an afterlife. Can you prove that rose bushes don't have thorns? Ha! You lose!
thatguywhojuggles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 07:43 AM   #14
tsig
a carbon based life-form
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 39,049
Originally Posted by thatguywhojuggles View Post
Rose bushes have thorns, therefore there is an afterlife. Can you prove that rose bushes don't have thorns? Ha! You lose!

Here:

http://www.wallararoses.com.au/thornless.html

Therefore there is a god, how else could we get such things?
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 09:17 AM   #15
paperskater
Master Poster
 
paperskater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,478
On the bottom of this page, is that the same Winston Wu that hangs out at the SGU forums?
__________________
Susie

"I think most of us would be horrified to meet ourselves and discover what everyone else already knows about us." - Bill Watterson, creator of Calvin and Hobbes
paperskater is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 09:41 AM   #16
Wowbagger
The Infinitely Prolonged
 
Wowbagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Westchester County, NY (when not in space)
Posts: 15,381
Scientists are the ones who are changing the world. Paranormalists are not.

If only they could figure out what is going wrong on their end...
__________________
WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be.

SkeptiCamp NYC: http://www.skepticampnyc.org/
An open conference on science and skepticism, where you could be a presenter!

By the way, my first name is NOT Bowerick!!!!
Wowbagger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 10:33 AM   #17
juryjone
Refusing to be confused by facts
 
juryjone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 878
Busy forum. As you can imagine, the self-congratulatory pats on their own backs wears them out to the extent that they are unable to discuss any facts. What a shame.
__________________
"Humanity is slipping into the void of ignorance while you cheer and wave." - Tirdun, in reference to geggy and the 9/11 conspiracy theorists
juryjone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 01:18 PM   #18
RichardR
 
RichardR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,274
Originally Posted by CasaRojo View Post
Definitely worth a looksee.--->http://www.debunkingskeptics.com
No, not worth a looksee at all. This is Winston Wu's drivel. I wrote about Winston Wu - note how he shows up in the comments (May 20), and note how he offers nothing of value and doesn't respond to anyone's criticisms.
RichardR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 01:38 PM   #19
pfeenix
New Blood
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6
from their first page:
Quote:
They have an a priori belief that paranormal phenomena is impossible and therefore set out to debunk it
isn't that the point? i'm a self-proclaimed paranormal woo, and even I know that before any claims of paranormal can be deemed in any way valid, you must first determine what it is not--otherwise you results can't be trusted.
pfeenix is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 01:52 PM   #20
Toke
Godless Socialist
 
Toke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denmark
Posts: 8,171
Quote:
The Paranormal is one of the most exciting frontiers today. Research into Consciousness, Quantum Physics and Psychic Phenomena, etc. explores venues that is unlocking the mysteries of the universe and gateways to other dimensions or levels of reality and consciousness.
Quantum Physics is paranormal?
__________________
From each according to his ability, to each according to his need. -K. Marx.

Toke is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 02:26 PM   #21
dahduh
Critical Thinker
 
dahduh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 357
On the SCEPCOP forums:
Quote:
Poll: Should Skeptics be allowed in this forum?
Yes: 25%
Yes, but limit to debating skeptics board: 50%
No: 25%
But with a sample size of only 4, this internet poll is even more bogus than usual (oops, gotta be careful about using 'bogus' these days...)
dahduh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 02:34 PM   #22
jakesteele
Fait Accompli
 
jakesteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rain City
Posts: 2,169
http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/index.php

This is a test to see if this link brings the site up without messing it up.

edit:
Yes, this link works. Where did you get the messed up one at?
__________________

Life is Godís funniest joke
And we are the punchline
jakesteele is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 02:39 PM   #23
Cavemonster
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,955
Originally Posted by jakesteele View Post
http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/index.php

This is a test to see if this link brings the site up without messing it up.

edit:
Yes, this link works. Where did you get the messed up one at?
I just clicked your link and got the same chunk of PHP errors. What are you talking about?
__________________
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 03:31 PM   #24
CasaRojo
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 93
Originally Posted by RichardR View Post
No, not worth a looksee at all. This is Winston Wu's drivel. I wrote about Winston Wu - note how he shows up in the comments (May 20), and note how he offers nothing of value and doesn't respond to anyone's criticisms.
Just pointing out the site. I heard about it yesterday from the Skeptical Inquirer on Facebook. --->http://www.facebook.com/pages/Skepti...5557620?ref=nf
__________________
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Isaiah 45:7 KJV --- God said it, I did the bolding. Jus' tryin' to help.
CasaRojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 03:36 PM   #25
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing
 
thaiboxerken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 31,112
I was approved to be one of Victor Zammit's friends on Facebook. I posted a comment yesterday asking him when he's going to take James Randi's million dollars away. Post is still there today.
__________________
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 03:48 PM   #26
Cleon
King of the Pod People
 
Cleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 25,682
Wow. Winston Wu ("Vinstonias?" WTF?) and Victor Zammit. What a combo.
__________________
"People like me are what stand between us and Auschwitz." - Newt Gingrich
Cleon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 04:08 PM   #27
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist
 
aggle-rithm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 15,334
Quote:
Back in 2001, I was the first to write a book length treatise debunking 30 primary arguments of pseudo-skeptics against the paranormal and anything that challenged orthodoxy. Much needed at the time, it quickly became hailed in paranormal circles as a comprehensive masterpiece and the first of its kind.
Let's hope he didn't burst a blood vessel blowing his own horn.
__________________
To understand recursion, you must first understand recursion.

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 04:25 PM   #28
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,787
Originally Posted by CasaRojo View Post
How to debuk a skeptic.
Tip over the bunk beds, of course.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 07:52 PM   #29
jakesteele
Fait Accompli
 
jakesteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rain City
Posts: 2,169
Originally Posted by Cavemonster View Post
I just clicked your link and got the same chunk of PHP errors. What are you talking about?
Yeah, you're right. The first time I clicked after copy/paste it worked fine, but now it doesn't. Perhaps there's a ghost in their machine.
__________________

Life is Godís funniest joke
And we are the punchline
jakesteele is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 09:27 PM   #30
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 82,279
Originally Posted by CasaRojo View Post
Definitely worth a looksee.--->http://www.debunkingskeptics.com


That's a crack up. Clearly they believe they are making a case. It's akin to god believers claiming science is just another religion. They don't seem to get the concept of the scientific process.
__________________
ORANGE MAN BAD? Why yes, yes he is.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 09:32 PM   #31
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 82,279
Typical sour grapes from being unable to present supporting evidence for a pet belief:
Quote:
They have an a priori belief that paranormal phenomena is impossible and therefore set out to debunk it, not investigate it.

Today's common definition of skeptic is someone who questions any belief that strays outside of the status quo, yet leaving the status quo itself completely unquestioned. Kind of a juvenile and intellectually lazy practice in my opinion."
The Intelligent Design/Creationism crowd make the same false argument, it's not a lack of evidence it is rejection of evidence. That's absurd.

I would love to find evidence of some currently thought of supernatural thing. It would be fantastic. But wishful thinking is not what one bases scientific discovery upon.
__________________
ORANGE MAN BAD? Why yes, yes he is.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 09:45 PM   #32
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 82,279
They have a forum. Anyone know if they ban people they can't argue against?

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/index.php

They've posted a video describing Randi as "running away" from a Mr Kolodezy's attempt at the MDC by offering to prove he could live on water alone. In a separate thread they've posted Randi's answer:
Quote:
Mr. Kolodzey:

Don't treat us like children. We only respond to responsible claims.
Are you actually claiming that you have not consumed any food products except water, since the end of 1998? If this is what you are saying, did you think for one moment that we would believe it?

If this is actually your claim, you're a liar and a fraud. We are not interested in pursuing this further, nor will we exchange correspondence with you on the matter.
So the idiots running this web site not only expect that any and every ludicrous claim should be taken seriously, this is the example they post of how skeptics are too skeptical.

Has anyone registered for the forum? I want to but I want to be sure it is safe to do so before I do. I need one of those sneakmail accounts first. I'd hate to get bombarded with more spam by some sleazy forum owner.
__________________
ORANGE MAN BAD? Why yes, yes he is.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 10:09 PM   #33
Klimax
NWO Cyborg 5960x (subversion VPUNPCKHQDQ)
 
Klimax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Starship Wanderer - DS9
Posts: 13,184
Originally Posted by Cavemonster View Post
I just clicked your link and got the same chunk of PHP errors. What are you talking about?
Those error apparently are too easy to make. I have sen thme commonly in BOINC-based projects...
__________________
ModBorg

Engine: Ibalgin 400
Klimax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2009, 10:51 PM   #34
SezMe
post-pre-born
 
SezMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 24,242
This page also has a discussion of the MDC. Is there a discussion of this challenge here?
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2009, 06:00 AM   #35
CasaRojo
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 93
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Tip over the bunk beds, of course.
Why are the woo seemingly always in need of money?

Because they always pass debuk.

parumpump


I miss debunk beds.
__________________
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Isaiah 45:7 KJV --- God said it, I did the bolding. Jus' tryin' to help.
CasaRojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2009, 06:18 AM   #36
shawmutt
Squirrel Murderer
 
shawmutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,037
No one yet? OK, I'll do it:



We obviously need to get on the ball and create a counter-counter-skeptic group.
shawmutt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2009, 08:02 AM   #37
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker
 
kookbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 12,609
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Wow. Winston Wu ("Vinstonias?" WTF?) and Victor Zammit. What a combo.
With John Benneth as well, its the woo trifecta.

Benneth is a would-be applicant who managed to tick off the homeopaths who were negotiating MDC protocols on his behalf.
__________________
www.spectrum-scientifics.com <- My store of science toys, instruments and general fun!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2009, 09:56 AM   #38
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher
 
Safe-Keeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 9,430
Debuke? Not rebuke?
Dungeon Master: 'As your eyes accustom to the dark of the church, a flash suddenly shoots out from behind the altar, and you are rebuked by a Turn Atheist spell as cast by a Level 4 Catholic Priest. When you come to your senses, you have fled to outside the church. The heavy wooden doors through which you entered are now closed and locked. What do you do?'
__________________
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2009, 10:14 AM   #39
CasaRojo
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 93
Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
Debuke?
Ain't that in Idaho?
__________________
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Isaiah 45:7 KJV --- God said it, I did the bolding. Jus' tryin' to help.
CasaRojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th June 2009, 10:42 AM   #40
Slimething
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,790
Originally Posted by Toke View Post
Quantum Physics is paranormal?
I'm guessing they're referring to the Uncertainty Principle. Woos try to use it as an explanation as to why their claims can't be tested. By their logic, a skeptic in the room causes paranormal claims to fail. Sad.
Slimething is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:42 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.