IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 9/11 litigation , ballot initiatives , nyccan , nyccant

Old 9th October 2009, 10:09 AM   #761
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

Here is Justice Lehner's Order.

Short and sweet, and the result is as we anticipated: NYCCAN'T.

Complete and utter fail.

Proceeding dismissed.

LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 10:24 AM   #762
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Originally Posted by Order
While petitioners’ counsel argues that the severability provision of paragraph 20 of the petition allows the court to strike any provisions thereof that are unconstitutional or invalid, the extent of the impropriety of the proposal, as correctly set forth by the Referee, would result in a substantial evisceration of the petition and, even if legally permissible, would be inappropriate as inconsistent with the law sought by the signatories to the petition.

Gotta love an order that suggests the petition must be eviscerated in order to be legally permissable.
Old 9th October 2009, 10:36 AM   #763
Muadib
New Blood

Good news.

I read all the thread since the beginning ( memo included) and was waiting for this.

I was wondering: can they appeal it or is it really the end?
Muadib is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 10:42 AM   #764
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

(does the Nelson Muntz) Ha ha!

Epic fail! We should take bets on how the truthers will spin this.

1. The judge is a part of the NWO

2. The judge was threatened by the NWO

3. Everyone in City Hall and the Justice system is a part of the NWO

4. Truthers are stupid and incompetent

Somehow, I doubt they will choose 4.
Old 9th October 2009, 10:48 AM   #765
Fjolle
Student

Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
Good news.

I read all the thread since the beginning ( memo included) and was waiting for this.

According to their website they are:

Originally Posted by NYCCANT
NYC CAN is weighing all options and will make an announcement early next week on this issue, as well as on how it will be moving forward on other fronts
So, tune in next week for the continuation of this farce.
Fjolle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 10:50 AM   #766
bje
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Macgyver1968 View Post
(does the Nelson Muntz) Ha ha!

Epic fail! We should take bets on how the truthers will spin this.

1. The judge is a part of the NWO

2. The judge was threatened by the NWO

3. Everyone in City Hall and the Justice system is a part of the NWO

4. Truthers are stupid and incompetent

Somehow, I doubt they will choose 4.
That won't stop Truthers from believing they are entitled to special privileges and rights even when what they want is outside the law.

Thanks to Lash L for her explanations throughout this case!

Last edited by bje; 9th October 2009 at 11:00 AM.
bje is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 10:52 AM   #767
Sam.I.Am
Illuminator

At least this time NYCCANT came out fairly quickly with the bad news for once. Of course they called it a "Rubberstamped" decision that was a "Dark day for democracy" and it "Ignored the will of the voters".

In other words a "Rubber stamped" rhetorical response.

About my avatar.
Sam.I.Am is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 10:56 AM   #768
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Good news.

My understanding is no. All they can do is rewrite the petition and go get 30,000 more signatures (start over) because essentially making the necessary changes to make it legal negates the ones (sigs.) they have .

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 11:13 AM   #769
Josarhus
Thinker

Are those signatures that they have not jet submitted, valid for the next time an election comes up, or do they have to start all over?

When is the next election?
Josarhus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 11:15 AM   #770
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Great job, LashL!

Brainster is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 11:19 AM   #771
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Josarhus View Post
Are those signatures that they have not jet submitted, valid for the next time an election comes up, or do they have to start all over?

When is the next election?
Nope. The petition would not be the same one they signed. It would be like you signing one petition and using your signature for any other one they please.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 11:28 AM   #772
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

(Truther)

"Waiter, I would like the Fail fricassee, with a side of Fail fries, a Fail salad with Fail dressing, and for dessert, two scoops of frozen Fail, with Fail sauce and Fail sprinkles on top."

(borrowed from another member )
Old 9th October 2009, 11:37 AM   #773
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by LashL View Post

Complete and utter fail.

Proceeding dismissed.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 11:54 AM   #774
Sam.I.Am
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Josarhus View Post
No, they will have to get new signatures because the petition will have to be totally rewritten. The way it works is that you can remove one or more sections of a petition (sever) if you allow for it in the original petition but you cannot change the wording or add to it because you have no way of knowing if every single person who signed it would agree to the changes or additions. Additionally the people who sign it must have voted in the upcoming election and there is no way to know that right now.

About my avatar.
Sam.I.Am is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 12:40 PM   #775
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

A preview of the Truthers reaction:

First you have a epic fail; then you have a epic whine. Truther SOP.
I am waiting for our buddy Bill Smith to try to show how this is a great step forward for the Truth Movement.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 01:25 PM   #776
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Let the finger-pointing begin:

Quote:
Bottom line: The ballot initiative was an intentional distraction, drain on resources and morale, and way to prevent others from trying to do it right. Lots of honest, hard working, activists got honestly sucked in and that was the point.

Few will recognize the extent to which Les Jamieson was largely responsible for this outcome.
Brainster is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 01:35 PM   #777
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
So the cries of "DISINFO! NWO PLANT" have already begun?
Whatta surprise............
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 01:56 PM   #778
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
They were doomed from the outset, and at least some of them seem to realize it. The size of the flock to be sheared grows smaller...
Old 9th October 2009, 03:29 PM   #779
Thunder
Banned

Originally Posted by LashL View Post

Complete and utter fail.

Proceeding dismissed.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...970a8a61de.png
Well, Justice Lehner is a Jew, so clearly this was a Mossad/NWO conspiracy to destroy democracy in America!!!

......to be continued.
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 03:47 PM   #780
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

Great job, LashL!

Yes...seconded. Thank you goddess for translating all of the legal mumbo jumbo into something us layman can understand. You rock harder than Jimi Hendrix on really good acid!

By the way...you married? (wink wink)
Old 9th October 2009, 03:48 PM   #781
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Good news.

Oh momma!

Can this really be the end

To be stuck inside a courtroom

With the dismissal blues again.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 03:51 PM   #782
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
Originally Posted by Macgyver1968 View Post
By the way...you married? (wink wink)
*steps away from Macgyver1968 in anticipation of the smiting*
Old 9th October 2009, 05:23 PM   #783
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Let the finger-pointing begin:

Quote:
Bottom line: The ballot initiative was an intentional distraction, drain on resources and morale, and way to prevent others from trying to do it right. Lots of honest, hard working, activists got honestly sucked in and that was the point.

Few will recognize the extent to which Les Jamieson was largely responsible for this outcome.

*sigh* If these "others" were prevented from doing it right because they put their support behind a petition that was intended to fail, then they clearly had no clue how to do it right in the first place. If they did, they would have recognized the petition's impending failure and done their own thing anyway.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 06:16 PM   #784
Athyrio
Hipster Doofus

Originally Posted by jhunter1163 View Post
They were doomed from the outset, and at least some of them seem to realize it. The size of the flock to be sheared grows smaller...
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCCANT
NYC CAN is weighing all options and will make an announcement early next week on this issue, as well as on how it will be moving forward on other fronts.

Other "fronts"?

Oh, puh-leeze...
Old 9th October 2009, 06:32 PM   #785
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Yay, LashL!

LOL, Drudgewire.

And at 9/11 Blogger, the cockroaches come out:

http://www.911blogger.com/node/21583

Originally Posted by greenback
WOW The Dishonorable Edward Lehner has a set of balls. By suppressing justice and the will of the people he placed himself on top of the list of those suspected of cover up in the mass murder of 9/11. I wouldn't want to be in his position when Justice eventually makes its way to the forefront of the restoration of the USA and the rule of law. I wonder if these low lives think escaping to Paraguay will save them. The hunt for these treasonous bastards will be unprecedented and successful. Poor old Judge Lehner. I pity him. Poor old Judge Lehner will likely see some dark days.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 06:35 PM   #786
~enigma~
Banned

Originally Posted by orphia nay quoting some random truthotard View Post
Yay, LashL!

LOL, Drudgewire.

Did that moron threaten a federal judge? I smell a quick tactical strike deep into the black and icy heart of the carrion known as the 9/11 truthotards.

Last edited by ~enigma~; 9th October 2009 at 06:37 PM.
~enigma~ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 06:41 PM   #787
Sam.I.Am
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd View Post
*sigh* If these "others" were prevented from doing it right because they put their support behind a petition that was intended to fail, then they clearly had no clue how to do it right in the first place. If they did, they would have recognized the petition's impending failure and done their own thing anyway.
I can think of no way that the truthers can write a petition whose language satisfies both the law and other truthers. Maybe, and it's a really big maybe, they can write one that basically creates a citizens advisory panel regarding 9/11 to the city prosecutors office but the truthers will never go for it because it's not "Independent" enough and they know that the prosecutors would laugh pretty much everything that they present out of their offices.

Prosecuteor: Well, you got your law passed now what?
Truther: We want you to investigate FDNY because they blew up WTC 7 on 9/11.
Prosecuteor: ?????...
Truthers: And you had better include the buildings owner because he told them to do it.
Prosecuteor: o_0
Truthers: Then you will need to bring in Bush and Cheney for questioning because they orchestrated the planting of explosives in the twin towers and then they...
Prosecuteor: Get out of my office you nutbars!!!

About my avatar.
Old 9th October 2009, 06:42 PM   #788
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

I'd like to commend our Truther LiteTM, Deep.

Deep's probably learned more about the law and its application through this thread than the entire rest of the TM. And he(she) kept it relatively civil and actually contributed information.
(I know nothing of his/her other posting history - just commenting from this thread.)

The entire thread is commendable, in fact. Informative and cooperative efforts. Everyone should take a bow and relax, 'cuz I'm sure Bill Smith is going to come along any minute to explain to us how this is just further proof of how the movement is growing every day. "Why as soon as we get our new investigation, you debunkers will see...."

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 06:49 PM   #789
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Originally Posted by ~enigma~ View Post
Did that moron threaten a federal judge? I smell a quick tactical strike deep into the black and icy heart of the carrion known as the 9/11 truthotards.
I think he's probably safe from prosecution, though. He's just saying "Lehner will be first against the wall when the Revolution comes", while he's safe in his basement of perpetual fail.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 06:56 PM   #790
Sam.I.Am
Illuminator

Originally Posted by orphia nay View Post
Yay, LashL!

LOL, Drudgewire.

Hmmmm... apparently they aren't too happy about the judgment.

About my avatar.
Old 9th October 2009, 07:06 PM   #791
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

[...] while he's safe in his basement of perpetual fail.

His... Fortress of Failitude?
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 07:13 PM   #792
Sam.I.Am
Illuminator

I'm going with: Masturbatorium of Mediocrity?

About my avatar.
Old 9th October 2009, 07:35 PM   #793
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Originally Posted by Sam.I.Am View Post
I'm going with: Masturbatorium of Mediocrity?
Old 9th October 2009, 07:55 PM   #794
NoZed Avenger
Penultimate Amazing

Yay, LashL!

LOL, Drudgewire.

That reads like he is vaguely threatening a sitting judge.

I don't think that is wise.
NoZed Avenger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 08:54 PM   #795
waypastvne
Muse

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'"

Thanks LashL
waypastvne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2009, 09:11 PM   #796
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Originally Posted by waypastvne View Post
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'"

Thanks LashL
Hehehe, what with LashL having the dismissal before the twoofers posted it, and our schadenfreude, next the twoofers will be saying we're in on it.

They would actually be right about something for once.
Old 9th October 2009, 09:19 PM   #797
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

Hehehe, what with LashL having the dismissal before the twoofers posted it, and our schadenfreude, next the twoofers will be saying we're in on it.

They would actually be right about something for once.
(taps his nose) yo...ix-nay on the onfession-cay....just because I sent pictures of the judge with that dead hooker, does not mean it affected his decision!
Old 9th October 2009, 11:42 PM   #798
nagasama
New Blood

wowzers. some of the responses on 9/11 blogger are purely insane.
nagasama is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2009, 12:28 AM   #799
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

I sincerely appreciate all of the thank you posts, but really, the thanks should rightly go to my contact, who provided the documents on such a timely basis. Had it not been for the fact that they were being posted here, the conspiracy fantasists behind NYCCANT would never have posted anything except their own propaganda for as long as they could string their gullible followers along, and I think that we collectively did a good job here at the JREF forums to force them to acknowledge reality, at least temporarily, as a direct result of the documents being posted here so that the NYCCANT conspiracy fantasists were forced into posting them after we did so here.

I am not going to publicly disclose the name of the person who made this all come together, but to "you know who you are": Thank you!

Cheers,
Lash

Last edited by LashL; 10th October 2009 at 12:29 AM.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2009, 12:49 AM   #800
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Yes, thanks NWO Secret Agent #357!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories