ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Franklin Larry King

Old 14th August 2009, 12:34 AM   #1
grandthefttoaster
Thinker

the Franklin child prostitution ring

I heard about this conspiracy a few days ago. Supposedly in the late 1980's a Republican from Omaha Nebraska named Larry King was running a child prostitution ring, and was sending the kids all over the country, and to Washington DC. Larry King eventually went to jail for embezzlement, but according to the story the FBI scared some of the kids into not talking, to keep it quiet. A discovery channel documentary called Conspiracy of Silence, about the case, mysteriously never aired.

Here is the article, written by a reporter who has a book comming out about the case, and his site has the Conspiracy of Silence documentary too.

http://franklinscandal.com/ppp/the-m...e-article.html
grandthefttoaster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2009, 01:15 AM   #2
Caustic Logic
Illuminator

Well if the History channel refused to run it, then...

I'll let someone else take it from there.

Oops, Discovery. Well, watch for THC broadcast then.
Caustic Logic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2009, 09:27 AM   #3
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

The grand jury disposed of these allegations:

"There is no doubt after reviewing all available evidence that the stories of sexual abuse, drugs, prostitution and judicial bribery presented in the legislative videotapes is a carefully crafted hoax..."

Page 12 of the PDF File.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2009, 11:20 AM   #4
Blender Head
Muse

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
The grand jury disposed of these allegations:

"There is no doubt after reviewing all available evidence that the stories of sexual abuse, drugs, prostitution and judicial bribery presented in the legislative videotapes is a carefully crafted hoax..."

Page 12 of the PDF File.
Obviously the Grand Jury is in on the conspiracy too, duh!
Blender Head is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2009, 12:40 AM   #5
grandthefttoaster
Thinker

The jury disposed of the allegations after two of the four kids changed their story and said it was a lie. But in the documentary one of them says he was afraid, because the cops threatened him and said the jury wouldn't believe it and he would put them in jail for purjury. -This happened to the other two, Paul Bonacci and Alisha Owens. Bonacci was awarded a $1 million judgement against King in 1999. And other people have come out and said that they were involved, or knew about it.
grandthefttoaster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2009, 10:30 AM   #6
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by grandthefttoaster View Post
The jury disposed of the allegations after two of the four kids changed their story and said it was a lie. But in the documentary one of them says he was afraid, because the cops threatened him and said the jury wouldn't believe it and he would put them in jail for purjury. -This happened to the other two, Paul Bonacci and Alisha Owens. Bonacci was awarded a $1 million judgement against King in 1999. And other people have come out and said that they were involved, or knew about it.
Bonacci was awarded a summary judgment because King was in jail and didn't have a lawyer appear on his behalf; the judge never ruled on Bonacci's ridiculous allegations. That's what happens when you don't defend yourself against a lawsuit; the judge awards a summary judgment to the plaintiff.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2009, 11:17 AM   #7
zaphod2016
Graduate Poster

I've heard similar allegations against Barney Frank, but as usual, have seen no evidence of anything.
zaphod2016 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2009, 01:48 AM   #8
grandthefttoaster
Thinker

I think Barney Frank was accused of being part of this same conspiracy. I find all of this to be pretty hard to believe. Some of the people involved have even tied this in with CIA mind control and Satanism. However I am bothered by this because multiple people have said that they were involved or knew about it.
Old 16th August 2009, 02:47 AM   #9
SatanicSheep
Thinker

Isn't that an argumentum ad populum? There's a whole mess of people who believe in unsubstaniated claims.

Checkout McMartin Daycare. Ray Buckley was tried on hundreds of sex abuse charges made by dozens and dozens people, all of which were unable to be substaniated and dismissed. It's a "big lie" effect.

Last edited by SatanicSheep; 16th August 2009 at 02:49 AM.
SatanicSheep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2009, 03:32 AM   #10
grandthefttoaster
Thinker

Yes I learned about McMartin and similar cases in a psychology class. When I first heard about this it sounded like the same thing, and the same of the same sketchy websites wrote about it. But in McMartin the accusers were young children. They were interviwed by social workers who already believed the stories and pushed the kids into confirming them. Some of the McMartin kids have recanted the claims and the others won't talk about it. Some of the other "Satanic child molester" stories were created by adults who had false childhood memories created by hypnosis. (Similar to how alien abduction stories are created.)

In the Franklin case though, the kids were young adults when they came forward, and they didn't have recovered memories. According to that article they still claim it happened. It all sounds like a hoax to me, but this would have to be a pretty huge hoax.
Old 16th August 2009, 03:44 AM   #11
SatanicSheep
Thinker

It just seems to me that we know NOW that methods such as anal wink, hypnotism and aggressive interview techinques involving anatomical pictures and dolls are universally bogus, but at the time they were credible enough to allow the proceedings to continue becuase enough people were outraged enough and screamed loudly enough.

I'll be honest and tell you that I don't know enough about this case to offer a real evaluation. I mean I know what you're talking about but I haven't read many of the details. It's just that I smell a rat.
SatanicSheep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2009, 11:51 AM   #12
jakesteele
Fait Accompli

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wenatchee_sex_ring

I live in Seattle and was following this witch hunt that ruined many people's lives with false ******** when this type of hysteria was en vouge with psych professionals. It was at about the same time when satanic cults were supposedly all the rage and there were people who sounded like a sexual abuse version of Alex Jones.

This was also in the time frame when daughters were recovering the false memory syndrome or whatever that ******** was, where daughters would come out publicly accuse their dads of diddling them when they were little. Again, many ruined lives and later recantations by the daughters after the damage is done. If you accuse someone of something like that it is found absolutely to not be true, there is still the stigma that will follow you for the rest of your live.

Oh, yeah, a lot of the counselors ran for the hills and some got sued...hooray!

Life is Godís funniest joke
And we are the punchline
jakesteele is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories