IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 18th August 2009, 03:18 PM   #1
scottbaioisdead
Student

Ninjutsu master escapes handcuffs and starts fires with magick powers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ7hxF9BlBM this guy has never trained in any martial arts, he's obviously just a magician claiming nonsense hindu magic god chi powers
scottbaioisdead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2009, 06:44 AM   #2
jakesteele
Fait Accompli

Originally Posted by scottbaioisdead View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ7hxF9BlBM this guy has never trained in any martial arts, he's obviously just a magician claiming nonsense hindu magic god chi powers
Looks like a good Cris Angel type stunt. But how do you know that he has never trained in martial arts?

Life is Godís funniest joke
And we are the punchline
jakesteele is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2009, 11:20 PM   #3
scottbaioisdead
Student

22 years training in the style he claims. he didn't even spell the name right. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCtqg...e=channel_page another fraud thsi one puts out fire with chi. these two should get together
scottbaioisdead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2009, 01:27 AM   #4
leafman91
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by scottbaioisdead View Post
I dunno, they wouldn't pull a cheap stunt for charity. And the guy who cuffed him seemed so confident the cuffs would work. If it was just a cheap trick, surely the guy would have been in on it? That or there is some serious flaw in the 'blue box' cuff system...
Old 20th August 2009, 07:03 AM   #5
Kuko 4000
Graduate Poster

He seems to be a perfect fit for the MDC:

Quote:
An India Kali Ninjutsu Master, who is also renowned Escapologist and practitioner of ancient Indonesian Penjak Silat has accepted a maximum security escape challenge from maximum security restraint expert, Pittsburgh-based Charles Caputo. This has never been attempted before under tested conditions by any escape artist and is being called The Worlds Most Difficult Maximum Security Escape Challenge.

Charles Caputo created this escape challenge says, No one has ever escaped from these maximum security restraints. Houdini and all other escape artists never attempted and avoided these types of restraint escapes all their lives. And it is even more so virtually impossible with the locks welded shut.

Escape Challenge defies the laws of physics as a genuine pair of Police handcuffs-- Smith & Wesson Model 100 double lock satin nickel finish handcuffs is used with a maximum security prisoner transport box-- Hiatt-Thompson Model 7082 Blue Box Cover. This is the ultimate in maximum security prisoner transport and no one has ever escaped from these two restraints combined. The Hiatt Blue Box is also locked with a maximum security pad lock and the Keyhole is Welded closed so once it is locked, no key will open this pad lock. Once the Smith & Wesson handcuffs are locked inside with the maximum security Hiatt Blue Box, it is impossible to unlock them. Under the most extreme scientific tested conditions, a maximum security expert and magician will physically search the Ninjutsu master including a state-of-the-art metal detector. The restraints are then applied under the most extreme conditions where the hands and wrists are compressed where any movement or twisting causes the handcuffs to become tighter and tighter with severe painful pressure.

Scientists, magicians and maximum security experts say this escape is impossible. Specially trained security experts are on stand-by should these maximum security restraints and locks need to be sawed and drilled to remove them. This special invitation event was for a live media performance that was covered by many news outlets.

The Ninjutsu Master has baffled scientists all over the world from Russia, Israel, France, Japan and USA in Psi energy research and mind-over-matter experiments. He is the only escape artist to open locks under scientific tested conditions. He opened a 4 billion code security lock without touching the lock considered impossible by scientists and security personnel. This Ninjutsu master also participates in experimental research projects with MIT, Russian scientists and secret government experiments that can not be revealed at this time.

The Ninjutsu Master is performing a mind-over-matter India Kali Ninjutsu escape. He is donating his performance for free in this never-before-seen event. This Escape Challenge is a fund raiser for the Salvation Army to raise money in the "Escape Hunger" theme. Ninjutsu master says, "This is definitely a test of the human spirit and I believe in the Salvation Army's work in over 100 countries makes them one of the best charities ever created. I dedicate my Ninjutzu Escape on November 29th to unite sponsors, benefactors and all of mankind to support the Salvation Army's mission to help people escape hunger."

I wonder what reasons he gives for not taking the MDC?

Pixie of key: "HOW IS YOU NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT I AM GIVING LECTURES ON A PROBLEM."

Last edited by Kuko 4000; 20th August 2009 at 07:21 AM.
Kuko 4000 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2009, 07:24 AM   #6
Stray Cat
Philosopher

Has anyone verified any of the information given?

I did a search for this Charles Caputo to find out more about his credentials as a 'Maximum Security Restraint Expert' or to see of his 'Escape Challenge' was a general challenge like the MDC.

I've turned up nothing as yet. But interestingly came across this quite by accident:
http://www.ae911truth.org/profile.php?uid=996585

May not be the same person?
Old 20th August 2009, 07:47 AM   #7
Stray Cat
Philosopher

Seems like Joey Nuzum is ideal fodder for the MDC challenge though.
http://joeynuzum.tripod.com/id2.html
Old 20th August 2009, 07:58 AM   #8
Kuko 4000
Graduate Poster

I did a quick google-fu on Caputo as well, and couldn't pin point him either. All the big words about expert this and expert that and nothing comes up fast, makes me suspicious.

Pixie of key: "HOW IS YOU NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT I AM GIVING LECTURES ON A PROBLEM."
Kuko 4000 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2009, 08:22 AM   #9
Stray Cat
Philosopher

And if you haven't seen Joey Nuzum's 'amazing fire starting abilities', check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b75ph...e=channel_page

So, cheap magic tricks then...
Old 20th August 2009, 08:24 AM   #10
Kuko 4000
Graduate Poster

This from the Joey-link that Stray Cat posted:

Quote:
M E D I A H I S T O R Y

November 12, 1985-- Globe Newspaper Article

Feb 19, 1991-- Examiner Newspaper Article

Jan 19, 1994-- Dr. Berthold Schwarz International Journal of Psychosoma Report-- Published Report

January 27, 1995-- People Magazine

April 1996--Alexander Imich, Parapsychologist Journal of the Society for Psychical Research- Report

Jan 1997-- Alexander Imich, ParapsychologistJournal of the Society for Psychical Research

Feb 1997-- Dr. Beverly Rubick, Biophysicist-- Scientific Demonstration

March 1997-- Dr. Berthold Schwarz M.D.Alternate Perceptions Published Report

September 1997-- MIT Scientific Experiment Testing

December 1997-- Clear Light Productions; Mysterious Forces Beyond-- Discovery TV Network

March 1998-- Dr. Berthold Schwarz M.D.- Alternate Perceptions Published Report

April 1998-- NBC TV show appearance demonstration -- The Other Side

November 1998-- Dr. Berthold Schwarz M.D.- Alternate Perceptions Published Report

March 27, 1999-- Mensa Appearance

November 1999-- Scientific Testing Demonstration sponsored by Dr. Berthhold Schwartz

February 2000-- Angel & A Prayer Production; BBC-- Strange Phenomena

May 2000-- Make a Wish Foundation-- public performance/appearance

April 2001-- Clearlight Productions; Discovery TV Network-- Mind Over Matter

July 2002-- GRB Productions; Discovery TV Documentary, Human Spontaneous Combustion

August 2004-- SCI FI TV Network, TV Series, Cosgrove Productions-- Proof Positive

Old 20th August 2009, 09:16 AM   #11
Stray Cat
Philosopher

No links from the site to any of the reports though.

I just Googled Dr. Berthold Schwarz M.D. and I don't now if he's 'known' around here but he has a large body of work all seemingly pointed toward a belief in the existence of the Paranormal so I can only imagine the 'scientific level' of his supposed "Scientific Testing Demonstrations" .

http://beyondmkultra.50megs.com/whats_new_19.html

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal