ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 8th September 2009, 09:57 PM   #1
grandthefttoaster
Thinker

What is the difference between Infowars and PrisonPlanet?

With all the talk about the Charlie Sheen fake Obama interview, I am wondering what the difference between Infowars and PrisonPlanet is. I've seen the Sheen article on both.
grandthefttoaster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2009, 10:07 PM   #2
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

just the name. Alex Jones owns both of them
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2009, 10:21 PM   #3
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

After we get to the bottom of this I want the catsup/ketchup thing resolved once and for all.
Old 8th September 2009, 11:37 PM   #4
Audible Click
The gap in the plot

Originally Posted by grandthefttoaster View Post
With all the talk about the Charlie Sheen fake Obama interview, I am wondering what the difference between Infowars and PrisonPlanet is. I've seen the Sheen article on both.
One sewer is pretty much like another.
Audible Click is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2009, 11:38 PM   #5
grandthefttoaster
Thinker

There's really no difference? So do all the articles show up on both or what?
grandthefttoaster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2009, 11:43 PM   #6
Infoexcavator
Critical Thinker

There's really no difference? So do all the articles show up on both or what?
Basically, Infowars.com and Prisonplanet.com are run by one of the Watson brothers. Infowars.net is run by the second Watson brother. Jonesreport.com is run by Aaron Dykes and Truthnews.us is run by Kurt Nimmo. All these people work for Alex Jones but they decide which stories they want to run unless Alex gives an order to push a particular story. Usually all the sites have the same content.

Last edited by Infoexcavator; 8th September 2009 at 11:45 PM.
Infoexcavator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2009, 11:57 PM   #7
grandthefttoaster
Thinker

Does he have enough websites already? Every Alex Jones minion gets his own website I guess.

Last edited by grandthefttoaster; 9th September 2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 9th September 2009, 03:42 AM   #8
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Damn, it wasn't a riddle. Some of us were hoping for a punchline.

Coming up next week: How many conspiracy theorists does it take to change a light bulb?

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2009, 05:44 AM   #9
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post

It's comes down to the Parody Potential. "Infowhores.com" derides them as people, while "PoisonPlanet.com" derides them for what they do.

Quote:
Coming up next week: How many conspiracy theorists does it take to change a light bulb?

Dave

What's the point of changing a light bulb if all you sheeple will be in the dark anyways?
Old 9th September 2009, 07:49 AM   #10
joe911
Critical Thinker

I beleive the phrase "same s**t different a*****e" sums it up.
Old 9th September 2009, 08:08 AM   #11
Ohnoes
Critical Thinker

Seriously! I was in the mood for a good AJ joke today. Oh well!
Ohnoes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2009, 09:12 AM   #12
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

Dumb and Dumber.
Old 9th September 2009, 09:53 AM   #13
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by joe911 View Post
I beleive the phrase "same s**t different a*****e" sums it up.
Except it's even the same ********.

Dave

(PS. I know the number of asterisks doesn't match. I used the British spelling of *******.)
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2009, 11:02 AM   #14
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by Ohnoes View Post
Seriously! I was in the mood for a good AJ joke today. Oh well!

You didn't get enough yesterday, Mr. Greedy?
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2009, 11:22 AM   #15
Biscuit
Philosopher

Dave
100. 1 to change the bulb, 1 to film it for youtube, and 98 to comment about how much easier it is to see the FEMA camps now.
Old 10th September 2009, 01:00 PM   #16
Mr.D
Self Assessed Dunning-Kruger Expert

A: I'm just asking questions; how did the bulb dustify without femto-thermite?

A: None. The real bulb landed in Cleveland.

A: Depends on what Noam Chompsky thinks even if he disagrees with my conclusion.

A: You Shill! The bulb is larger than the socket.

A: Zero. The light bulb didn't burn out unless you can find a picture with a serial number on it.

A: "Changing" a light bulb? So you're confessing it wasn't really a light bulb to begin with?

Coming up the week after: The YKYBRTMCTTW (You Know You've Been Reading Too Many Conspiracy Theory Threads When) Thread.
Mr.D is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2009, 08:39 PM   #17
Peephole
Master Poster

Alex Jones likes website. No seriously, he really really likes websites.

Here's a (probably incomplete) list of them:

InfoWars.com
InfoWars.net
TruthNews.us
PrisonPlanet.com
JonesReport.com
PrisonPlanet.tv
EndGameTheMovie.com
ArnoldExposed.com
DefendRosie.com
RonPaulWarRoom.com
Old 13th September 2009, 09:35 PM   #18
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Peephole View Post
RonPaulWarRoom.com

Dr. Strangelove comes to mind...
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2009, 09:40 PM   #19
Eyeron

Quote:
My answer would be One then they would do what they can to discredit the person who changed it.
Eyeron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2009, 11:13 PM   #20
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Eyeron View Post
My answer would be One then they would do what they can to discredit the person who changed it.
Wrong answer. There never was a light bulb.

NORM
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2009, 07:34 AM   #21
Red3
Muse

Joe911, did you used to be/are a member of the David Icke forum?

IT'S A TRAP!
Red3 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2009, 07:52 AM   #22
joe911
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Red3 View Post
Joe911, did you used to be/are a member of the David Icke forum?
Yea i am,dont post there much anymore it usually just ends up in arguments.
Old 14th September 2009, 07:58 AM   #23
Longfellow
St. Louis Cardinals Fanatic

4 letters.

[/thread]
World Series wins: 1926, 1931, 1934, 1942, 1944, 1946, 1964, 1967, 1982, 2006, 2011
Longfellow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2009, 08:00 AM   #24
Red3
Muse

Yea i am,dont post there much anymore it usually just ends up in arguments.
Oh dear...You didn't start asking for evidence did you?!

IT'S A TRAP!
Red3 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2009, 08:21 AM   #25
joe911
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Red3 View Post
Oh dear...You didn't start asking for evidence did you?!
Yep How did you guess?

Last edited by joe911; 14th September 2009 at 08:22 AM.
joe911 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2009, 08:36 AM   #26
Red3
Muse

Yep How did you guess?
I'm psychic

IT'S A TRAP!
Old 14th September 2009, 01:07 PM   #27
sleeplessdwarf
Thinker

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but back when infowars first started, he was pretty much just pushing his videos. Then he created prison planet, that had a monthly subscription you could opt into and have the ability to see his live talk shows, free videos etc. It also offered an internet service that was supposedly free from big brother's eyes. This was back around 9/11. So if I had to say an answer to this question, basically more revenue for Jones.

On the same note, I can attest to how little Jones cares about his paying customers. Back in 01 i used the internet service. Had several problems, and always got the run around. As late as last year before my awakening, I was a paying member of prison planet. I could never get the live feeds, so I filed a report. I received a work order # and never heard from them again. I emailed them at least a dozen times over the next month saying that the problem still existed and not once did I get a reply. Needless to say I canceled the service. Thankfully after that things started falling into place and I ended up here where I was completely removed of any Jones nonsense. This is a great place for such a service.
sleeplessdwarf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2009, 02:02 PM   #28
Red3
Muse

Originally Posted by sleeplessdwarf View Post
...and I ended up here where I was completely removed of any Jones nonsense. This is a great place for such a service.

That sounds like somethin' you could sell; "The JREF conspiracy detox - 0nly 9.99"

IT'S A TRAP!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories