ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags FOTL , Freeman on the Land

Closed Thread
Old 25th March 2010, 04:41 AM   #2001
remirol
Senior Wrangler

Originally Posted by Especially View Post
No, not really. Since I was in no position to answer them. Why not summarise them for us here and I will gladly reply.
Evasion noted. There's a whole thread you should be reading, starting from the time you ran away from it last time. You'll find a bunch of questions directed specifically at you. You should answer those...

Quote:
In the meantime, you have seen my last post, right ?
...before posting random Youtube fluff and unsupported, irrelevant assertions.
remirol is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th March 2010, 04:54 AM   #2002
remirol
Senior Wrangler

No, not evasion. Let's stick to my post.
Your post itself is evasion.

Quote:
Or, if you don't want to talk about it post some questions here from the 51 pages made in my absence.
It's your job to read those yourself. I already read them, and I'm not going to spoon-feed you. Get readin'.
remirol is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th March 2010, 04:55 AM   #2003
Especially
Banned

I already have. Got any questions on what I wrote there ?
Especially is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th March 2010, 04:57 AM   #2004
remirol
Senior Wrangler

I already have.
Now you should respond to some of them. I will not be responding to any of your evasion attempts; you ran away from this thread long ago in an effort to avoid the points being made, and I am calling you out on it.

Further posts from you that do not contain responses to those questions will be left unread by me and/or called out for the evasions they are.
Old 25th March 2010, 05:03 AM   #2005
VonKleist
Muse

Sure. But first, if I may, can I ask if you saw my post above ?
Yes, I saw the post. That's why I asked for the relavant sources. I highly doubt that the youtube videos are going to reference contemporary documents, if they do, could you just tell me which ones?
Old 25th March 2010, 05:44 AM   #2006
Especially
Banned

Remirol,

It won't work this time.

If you have questions to ask me about this thread and my posts here I will happily answer you.

If you have no questions, fine.

Originally Posted by remirol View Post
Now you should respond to some of them. I will not be responding to any of your evasion attempts; you ran away from this thread long ago in an effort to avoid the points being made, and I am calling you out on it.

Further posts from you that do not contain responses to those questions will be left unread by me and/or called out for the evasions they are.
Especially is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th March 2010, 05:45 AM   #2007
remirol
Senior Wrangler

If you have questions to ask me about this thread and my posts here I will happily answer you.
Yes, I have one question: Why are you evading answering all the questions posed to you earlier in this thread?
Old 25th March 2010, 05:47 AM   #2008
Especially
Banned

Which questions ? I haven't been on this forum for months.

Try again.

Why not ask me some ? I will happily answer any on my posts. Or shall I just ignore you ?

Originally Posted by remirol View Post
Yes, I have one question: Why are you evading answering all the questions posed to you earlier in this thread?

Last edited by Especially; 25th March 2010 at 05:49 AM.
Old 25th March 2010, 06:09 AM   #2009
VonKleist
Muse

GarethDJB,

OK, contemporary documents. Let's try, for a start, S.I. 1997 No. 1778 (Social Security) - United States of America) Order of 1997

Made in London at Buckingham Palace.

You can see it right here at 2 minutes 36 seconds onwards.

Any comments ?
The document cited is here. This refers to an agreement on Social Security as far as I can tell. The USA has such agreements with numerous countries, as can be seen here. It seems that Italy got their agreement 10 years before the UK. . . .

What do you think this document means?
Old 25th March 2010, 06:13 AM   #2010
Especially
Banned

And what is the nature of the agreement on Social Security between the UK and the USA ? Since this document (as you see) is an Order.

An Order is an 'Order', isn't it ? Who is actually giving the Order ? The text says it's an Order made by the UK Crown, doesn't it ? And it's Crown Copyright, isn't it ? It was issued from Buckingham Palace. Last time I checked Buckingham Palace is in London, England. Right ? An order is not an agreement. It's an Order. Isn't it ? There IS a difference between an agreement and an order, isn't there ? And what is the UK Crown doing issuing Orders on US Social Security ?

Originally Posted by garethdjb View Post
The document cited is here. This refers to an agreement on Social Security as far as I can tell. The USA has such agreements with numerous countries, as can be seen here. It seems that Italy got their agreement 10 years before the UK. . . .

Last edited by Especially; 25th March 2010 at 06:19 AM.
Old 25th March 2010, 06:21 AM   #2011
Mojo
Mostly harmless

And what is the nature of the Agreement on Social Security between the UK and the USA ? Since this document (as you see) is an Order.

An Order is an Order, isn't it ? Who is giving the Order ? Since it's Crown Copyright, isn't it ? And it was issued from Buckingham Palace. Last time I checked Buckingham Palace is in London, England. Right ? An order is not an agreement. It's an Order. Isn't it ?

It is an order amending a number of pieces of UK legislation so as to take into account a treaty between the USA and the UK. Last time I checked, the UK and the USA were different countries.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th March 2010, 06:24 AM   #2012
Especially
Banned

Great. Please tell us what the Social Security system of the USA has to do with the UK Crown.

This will be really interesting to know !

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
It is an order amending a number of pieces of UK legislation so as to take into account a treaty between the USA and the UK. Last time I checked, the UK and the USA were different countries.

Last edited by Especially; 25th March 2010 at 06:25 AM.
Old 25th March 2010, 06:29 AM   #2013
Mojo
Mostly harmless

And what is the nature of the agreement on Social Security between the UK and the USA ?
As far as the document you have cited is concerned, it is set out as Schedule 1 to the document itself.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th March 2010, 06:31 AM   #2014
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Great. Please tell us what the Social Security system of the USA has to do with the UK Crown.

This will be really interesting to know !
Again, are you really this stupid, or is it just an act?

Dave

- Fabian Stang, Mayor of Oslo

SSKCAS, covert member
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th March 2010, 06:37 AM   #2015
Mojo
Mostly harmless

There are a number of treaties between the UK and the USA relating to social security. Two of them are actually set out as schedules to the document you have cited. Note that they are agreed to and signed by representatives of both the UK and the USA. The original agreement seems to have been concluded on 13th February 1984.

These are mutual agreements between the governments of the two countries to do certain things in relation to social security, if necessary by making legislation. Each country is expected to amend its own legislation as necessary. They cannot amend each other's legislation.

The UK Statutory Instrument you have cited amends only UK legislation, not US legislation.

Old 25th March 2010, 06:50 AM   #2016
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by garethdjb View Post

Not what Especially's Youtube video says it means.

Note to Especially - if you want to know what a document means, reading it is always a good start.

Old 25th March 2010, 07:01 AM   #2017
Mojo
Mostly harmless

OK, and what has the Social Security of the USA got to do with the UK Crown.

(Sorry to repeat the question but you don't seem to have answered it when I first asked).

The fact that you can't understand the answer does not mean it hasn't been answered. I suggest that you find out what a treaty is.

Old 25th March 2010, 07:01 AM   #2018
commandlinegamer
Philosopher

IIRC, bilateral arrangements between countries regarding social security payments exist so that workers of one nation can be employed in the other without paying two lots of tax on one set of earnings. If you feel the that foreign employees should pay tax twice, I'd like to hear your (Especially) justification.

Last edited by commandlinegamer; 25th March 2010 at 07:02 AM. Reason: clarity
commandlinegamer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th March 2010, 07:02 AM   #2019
AvalonXQ

As the document itself says, the US and the UK entered into a treaty of reciprocity which required an amendment of certain UK social security regulations.
I'm sorry, what was it that the document is being used to prove?
AvalonXQ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th March 2010, 07:03 AM   #2020
Mashuna
Ovis ex Machina

(Sorry to repeat the question but you don't seem to have answered it when I first asked).

Regards
Well, I know it's a stretch, but you could try reading the document.

As an example, it looks to deal with how pensioners are entitled to benefit if they have made their contributions in the UK but are now resident in the US.
Old 25th March 2010, 07:06 AM   #2021
remirol
Senior Wrangler

The fact that you can't understand the answer does not mean it hasn't been answered. I suggest that you find out what a treaty is.
Originally Posted by AvalonXQ View Post
As the document itself says, the US and the UK entered into a treaty of reciprocity which required an amendment of certain UK social security regulations.
And I have to repeat my question.

What has the Social Security System of the USA got to do with the UK Crown ?
Your question has been answered. Please stop further evasions.
Old 25th March 2010, 07:06 AM   #2022
Mashuna
Ovis ex Machina

Just explain it to us please.

They are two separate nations. Each with their own governments. Are you saying that leglislation on Social Security is not in the hands of elected politicians on this subject but is somehow coming from the UNELECTED monarchy issuing orders !
Your inability to understand answers does not mean that they have not been provided.

But please carry on with the comedy goodness!
Old 25th March 2010, 07:08 AM   #2023
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Are you saying that leglislation on Social Security is not in the hands of elected politicians on this subject but is somehow coming from the UNELECTED monarchy issuing orders !

Nope. Check out the signatories to the agreements. And remember that "The Crown" effectively only enacts the legislation made by Parliament these days.

Old 25th March 2010, 07:10 AM   #2024
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by Mashuna View Post
Well, I know it's a stretch, but you could try reading the document.

Why should he bother reading the document for himself when a video posted on YouTube has told him what it means? He needs to maintain his "sheeple" status.

Old 25th March 2010, 07:12 AM   #2025
cwalner
Philosopher

Just explain it to us please.

They are two separate nations. Each with their own governments. Are you saying that leglislation on Social Security is not in the hands of elected politicians on this subject but is somehow coming from the UNELECTED monarchy issuing orders !
Especially, I have not read your links but have read the responses and they are very clear.

The laws regarding Social Security are entirely in the hands of the elected goverment in the US. However, some time after they were passed, the US and UK voluntarily entered into a treaty pertaining to how each country withholds from workers from the other country. The UK therefore had to ammend UK law in order to comply with its treaty obligations. I am fairly certain that if one looked there are similar laws on the US books ensuring that we uphold our end of the treaty as well.

This is not one country imposing its will on another, but two countries deciding that coordinatiing thier systems is in both of thier best interests, and each passing laws in its own country to accomplish that.
Old 25th March 2010, 07:15 AM   #2026
Mashuna
Ovis ex Machina

Why should he bother reading the document for himself when a video posted on YouTube has told him what it means? He needs to maintain his "sheeple" status.
I really should keep up to date with these things. I only just found out that YouTube had recently replaced Hansard.
Old 25th March 2010, 07:17 AM   #2027
AvalonXQ

If you had bothered to actually READ the document, you would see that this is done under the authority of the legislators, not outside of it:

Quote:
And Whereas by section 179(1)(a) and (2) of the Social Security Administration Act 1992 it is provided that Her Majesty may by Order in Council make provision for modifying or adapting that Act and the Social Security Contributions and Benefits Act 1992 in their application to cases affected by agreements with other Governments providing for reciprocity in matters specified in the said section:
In other words, Her Majesty doesn't just get to amend legislation willy-nilly. The UK legislators provided for Her to be allowed to make reciprocity agreements. Perfectly sensible, perfectly above-board, and nothing conspiracyish anywhere here.

Last edited by AvalonXQ; 25th March 2010 at 07:19 AM.
AvalonXQ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th March 2010, 07:19 AM   #2028
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by cwalner View Post
The laws regarding Social Security are entirely in the hands of the elected goverment in the US. However, some time after they were passed, the US and UK voluntarily entered into a treaty pertaining to how each country withholds from workers from the other country. The UK therefore had to ammend UK law in order to comply with its treaty obligations.
Yes, but apart from that, what has the Social Security System of the USA got to do with the UK Crown ?

Dave

SSKCAS, covert member
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th March 2010, 07:23 AM   #2029
AvalonXQ

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Yes, but apart from that, what has the Social Security System of the USA got to do with the UK Crown ?

Dave
Apart from that? Bollocks.
Old 25th March 2010, 07:26 AM   #2030
Paul
Illuminator

And what is the nature of the agreement on Social Security between the UK and the USA ?
So that you can't claim any further ignorance, here is part of a relevant parliamentary answer from 2002:

Originally Posted by Mr Malcolm Wicks (Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Work and Pensions; Croydon North, Labour)
The main purpose of such reciprocal agreements is to protect the social security position of workers moving between the two countries during their working lives. They prevent employees, their employers and the self-employed from having to pay social security contributions to both the home state and the state of employment at the same time and ensure that such workers' rights to certain benefits are maintained.

Quote:
An Order is an 'Order', isn't it ?
No

Quote:
Who is actually giving the Order?
It's not that kind of order, it's a Statutory Instrument.

Quote:
The text says it's an Order made by the UK Crown, doesn't it ?
The text says it's an agreement:

Quote:
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned, being duly authorised thereto by their respective Governments, have signed this Supplementary Agreement.

DONE in duplicate at London on 6th June 1996.

FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND:

William Marsden,
(Americas Director, FCO)

FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:

Timothy E. Deal,
(Minister, Embassy of the United States of America)

Quote:
And it's Crown Copyright, isn't it ?
So? All works produced by the British government are crown copyright, it refers to the office and not the specific sovereign.

Quote:
An order is not an agreement. It's an Order. Isn't it ? There IS a difference between an agreement and an order, isn't there ? And what is the UK Crown doing issuing Orders on US Social Security ?
A little reading before ranting would provide all the information you require.
Paul is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th March 2010, 07:32 AM   #2031
Mashuna
Ovis ex Machina

Originally Posted by Paul
So that you can't claim any further ignorance, here is part of a relevant parliamentary answer from 2002:

Originally Posted by Mr Malcolm Wicks (Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Work and Pensions; Croydon North, Labour)
The main purpose of such reciprocal agreements is to protect the social security position of workers moving between the two countries during their working lives. They prevent employees, their employers and the self-employed from having to pay social security contributions to both the home state and the state of employment at the same time and ensure that such workers' rights to certain benefits are maintained.

Quote:
An Order is an 'Order', isn't it ?
No

Quote:
Who is actually giving the Order?
It's not that kind of order, it's a Statutory Instrument.

Quote:
The text says it's an Order made by the UK Crown, doesn't it ?
The text says it's an agreement:

Quote:
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned, being duly authorised thereto by their respective Governments, have signed this Supplementary Agreement.

DONE in duplicate at London on 6th June 1996.

FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND:

William Marsden,
(Americas Director, FCO)

FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:

Timothy E. Deal,
(Minister, Embassy of the United States of America)

Quote:
And it's Crown Copyright, isn't it ?
So? All works produced by the British government are crown copyright, it refers to the office and not the specific sovereign.

Quote:
An order is not an agreement. It's an Order. Isn't it ? There IS a difference between an agreement and an order, isn't there ? And what is the UK Crown doing issuing Orders on US Social Security ?
A little reading before ranting would provide all the information you require.
I'm sorry, but until you produce all this information as a YouTube clip, it is not valid as evidence. Probably.
Old 25th March 2010, 07:42 AM   #2032
Dave Rogers

Originally Posted by AvalonXQ View Post
Apart from that? Bollocks.
So you're saying that the USA has the UK by the bollocks?

Not disagreeing, just asking.

Dave

SSKCAS, covert member
Old 25th March 2010, 07:48 AM   #2033
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
So you're saying that the USA has the UK by the bollocks?

Have you seen the extradition treaty?

Old 25th March 2010, 07:53 AM   #2034
Dave Rogers

Have you seen the extradition treaty?
Like I said, not disagreeing.

Dave

SSKCAS, covert member
Old 25th March 2010, 08:08 AM   #2035
Especially
Banned

You ask me to 'remember' ?

I wonder if you remember that the Rule of Law in this country is superior to the monarchy and to parliamentary statutes. Didn't know that, right ? Statutes are statutes and are ALL subject to the Law of this land.

So too is the Monarchy. Ever read the oath of the Queen ?

Parliaments make STATUTES. Acts of Parliament. These are all subject to THE LAW OF THIS LAND. They are NOT the law of this land.

There is a big difference.

Statutes go on the 'Statute Book'. Acts of Parliament are NOT laws.

Nope. Check out the signatories to the agreements. And remember that "The Crown" effectively only enacts the legislation made by Parliament these days.
Old 25th March 2010, 08:10 AM   #2036
Especially
Banned

So, why are matters related to the Social Security System of the USA an issue for the UNELECTED monarchy of the UK ?

Still no answer !
Old 25th March 2010, 08:13 AM   #2037
drkitten
Penultimate Amazing

So, why are matters related to the Social Security System of the USA an issue for the UNELECTED monarchy of the UK ?
Because treaties between the elected parliament of the UK and other states are negotiated in the name of the unelected monarchy.

Because a treaty exists on the subject of retirement planning between the United States and the UK.

Quote:
Still no answer !
Still no content. No exclamation point, because it's not surprising. FOTL never has content, just ignorance and outrage.
drkitten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th March 2010, 08:19 AM   #2038
Especially
Banned

A treaty to do what, exactly ?

Originally Posted by drkitten View Post
Because treaties between the elected parliament of the UK and other states are negotiated in the name of the unelected monarchy.

Because a treaty exists on the subject of retirement planning between the United States and the UK.

Still no content. No exclamation point, because it's not surprising. FOTL never has content, just ignorance and outrage.
Old 25th March 2010, 08:19 AM   #2039
cwalner
Philosopher

Still no answer !
Fine, your persistance paid off and I can't evade any further. The TRUTH is that Barack Obama was actually born in Kenya, which at the time was part of the British Commonwealth. Therefore President Obama was, and still is, a subject of the British Crown and is 100% loyal to the monarchy. Therefore, all US legislation is must pass royal approval before the president signs it into law.

Because they are also both part of the NWO and time travelling reptilians, this also applies to all legislation passed even prior to Obama's appointment as president.
Old 25th March 2010, 08:38 AM   #2040
remirol
Senior Wrangler

If you have a point to make, please just state it. I'm not watching any Youtube crap bolted together by a bunch of barking nutters and spammed repeatedly by an FOTLer who spends all his time evading questions; I have better things to do with my time, such as alphabetize my socks.
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories