IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags richard gage

Old 11th October 2009, 07:56 PM   #1
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

NWO-Boston Chapter Infiltrates Richard Gage Event

When I heard that Richard Gage was speaking in Boston. I PM'ed a couple of fellow operatives here at JREF. DGM and I decided we would meet up in Cambridge, Ma in the heart of Harvard Square.

We were unaware of the massive Harvard festival that was happening. Roads were closed and traffic was a nightmare. DGM arrived about 20 minutes prior to me, and was appropriately labeled by the truthers outside the church as a "shill."

Once inside, we were forced to listen to 2 hours of pure filth. I was impressed and disturbed at the amount of people there. I would estimate the number to be around 60-70. I was impressed because I didn't think that many people would show up. I was disturbed because I didn't think that there were that many idiots in my city.

Gage did his unabridged 2 hour version of his slide show. It was filled with the typical crap that he has been peddling for what, 2 years now? DGM and I laughed through about 90% of his filth, and on a few occasions attempted to interrupt him with facts. Gage would not respond and continued his lies.

It was so bad, he actually played the McPadden interview. (the dolt that said he heard a countdown from a Red Cross radio just prior to WTC7 collapse) Gage was going on about it and I shouted out "So, the Red Cross does Controlled Demolitions now"? He briefly hesitated and continued on.

DGM and I sat next to the microphone so that at the end of his rant, we would be able to present some well thought out questions. Well, after three truthers asked questions, they ran out of time.

I was pissed! I sat through 2 hours of his horse (rule 12) and he couldn't stick around to answer questions? So, armed with a 3-ring binder with a printed copy of Ryan Mackey's white paper I approached the little man at his stage. I was very polite and introduced myself. I presented him the binder explaining what it contained. For those of you that are not aware, Gage claims that Dr. Griffin is the one who opened his eyes to 911 CT's. He said after listening to Griffin on the radio, it was "like getting hit in the head with a 2x4." I explained to him that Dr. Griffin was given two copies of this in the past and Dr. Griffin has failed to respond to Mr. Mackey. Gage tried to tell me that Dr. Griffin is not a "technical scientist" so I opened up the binder to read part of page one to him explaining that the paper was refuting the claims made by Dr. Griffin. He told me he would have members of his team read it and contact Ryan Mackey with their questions. He said that they would have to find some time. I told him that he could read it on his 24 hour flight to Sydney Australia next week.

DMG (who was now at the stage with me and several truthers) reminded me about the open letter Greg Urich had sent Gage over a year ago. I handed him a copy of it. Gage said, "Oh, I know Greg." I asked him why he hasn't responded to him. Gage's reply was that he is busy, and that he has "meant to." I then said, "you know he refutes your entire front page of your website." His reply.. "Oh no he doesn't" I told him that he should read it and get back to Greg. He said he would. So Greg, Gage was hand delivered a copy of your open letter to him. He said he would be getting back to you.

Gage was polite and thanked me for being a "good sport." I shook his hand and walked away. DMG and I were approached after this by many truthers including some of Gage's traveling circus. They presented the same old tired crap you have all heard over and over. We directed most of them here, Mike's 911Myths, Screwloosechange, and Joe's AE911truth.info site.

Gage and company asked for a minimum 10 dollar donation at the door. About 1/2 way through the presentation, he summoned his "ushers" to pass around donation buckets for everyone to put in more money. He pimped his DVD's, Steven Jones DVD's, and was even selling copies of 911 Mysteries. The truthers were unaware that Sophia had doctored the audio and in the middle of getting sued.

All in all, I was glad I was there. I missed seeing my Red Sox eliminated from the playoffs and my Partiot's losing in overtime to the Broncos.

Last edited by Mr.Herbert; 11th October 2009 at 08:01 PM. Reason: spelling mess
Mr.Herbert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2009, 08:12 PM   #2
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

I watched a section of the lecture from a link CE posted in the general discussion area and actually took screen shots. I'm curious if you saw one of the pics Gage used in his presentation when he was talking about the molten steel cannard. Because I got a quick glimpse after minimizing my screen to do some of design work and it looked like he took one of those pics right off of the whatreallyhappened website. Can you confirm for me if he actually did that? Because I know WRH has a nasty reputation for using faked photos, especially to support "photographic evidence" for the claim.

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 11th October 2009 at 08:13 PM.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2009, 09:02 PM   #3
triforcharity
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr.Herbert View Post
When I heard that Richard Gage was speaking in Boston. I PM'ed a couple of fellow operatives here at JREF. DGM and I decided we would meet up in Cambridge, Ma in the heart of Harvard Square.

We were unaware of the massive Harvard festival that was happening. Roads were closed and traffic was a nightmare. DGM arrived about 20 minutes prior to me, and was appropriately labeled by the truthers outside the church as a "shill."

Once inside, we were forced to listen to 2 hours of pure filth. I was impressed and disturbed at the amount of people there. I would estimate the number to be around 60-70. I was impressed because I didn't think that many people would show up. I was disturbed because I didn't think that there were that many idiots in my city.

Gage did his unabridged 2 hour version of his slide show. It was filled with the typical crap that he has been peddling for what, 2 years now? DGM and I laughed through about 90% of his filth, and on a few occasions attempted to interrupt him with facts. Gage would not respond and continued his lies.

It was so bad, he actually played the McPadden interview. (the dolt that said he heard a countdown from a Red Cross radio just prior to WTC7 collapse) Gage was going on about it and I shouted out "So, the Red Cross does Controlled Demolitions now"? He briefly hesitated and continued on.

DGM and I sat next to the microphone so that at the end of his rant, we would be able to present some well thought out questions. Well, after three truthers asked questions, they ran out of time.

I was pissed! I sat through 2 hours of his horse (rule 12) and he couldn't stick around to answer questions? So, armed with a 3-ring binder with a printed copy of Ryan Mackey's white paper I approached the little man at his stage. I was very polite and introduced myself. I presented him the binder explaining what it contained. For those of you that are not aware, Gage claims that Dr. Griffin is the one who opened his eyes to 911 CT's. He said after listening to Griffin on the radio, it was "like getting hit in the head with a 2x4." I explained to him that Dr. Griffin was given two copies of this in the past and Dr. Griffin has failed to respond to Mr. Mackey. Gage tried to tell me that Dr. Griffin is not a "technical scientist" so I opened up the binder to read part of page one to him explaining that the paper was refuting the claims made by Dr. Griffin. He told me he would have members of his team read it and contact Ryan Mackey with their questions. He said that they would have to find some time. I told him that he could read it on his 24 hour flight to Sydney Australia next week.

DMG (who was now at the stage with me and several truthers) reminded me about the open letter Greg Urich had sent Gage over a year ago. I handed him a copy of it. Gage said, "Oh, I know Greg." I asked him why he hasn't responded to him. Gage's reply was that he is busy, and that he has "meant to." I then said, "you know he refutes your entire front page of your website." His reply.. "Oh no he doesn't" I told him that he should read it and get back to Greg. He said he would. So Greg, Gage was hand delivered a copy of your open letter to him. He said he would be getting back to you.

Gage was polite and thanked me for being a "good sport." I shook his hand and walked away. DMG and I were approached after this by many truthers including some of Gage's traveling circus. They presented the same old tired crap you have all heard over and over. We directed most of them here, Mike's 911Myths, Screwloosechange, and Joe's AE911truth.info site.

Gage and company asked for a minimum 10 dollar donation at the door. About 1/2 way through the presentation, he summoned his "ushers" to pass around donation buckets for everyone to put in more money. He pimped his DVD's, Steven Jones DVD's, and was even selling copies of 911 Mysteries. The truthers were unaware that Sophia had doctored the audio and in the middle of getting sued.

All in all, I was glad I was there. I missed seeing my Red Sox eliminated from the playoffs and my Partiot's losing in overtime to the Broncos.
Why, if I had known you two guys were going, I would have showed up in my Sox jersey!!m I took a suprise trip this weekend. WOO HOO!! Gotta love Frequent Flier Miles!!

Anyway, did he do his little exit poll??
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2009, 09:31 PM   #4
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Gage and company asked for a minimum 10 dollar donation at the door. About 1/2 way through the presentation, he summoned his "ushers" to pass around donation buckets for everyone to put in more money.

Let me get this straight...
  1. This event was held in a church, and
  2. Donations were collected in the same manner as is done during church sermons (Roman Catholic, at least)?

I'm not sure how this could be made anymore obvious to truthers: you're part of a religion.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2009, 10:28 PM   #5
apathoid

Serious question: Where is the aptly-named and unemployed Dick Gage getting all of this money to travel around the world? Dude is literally all over the place. Does he charge money to listen to his "talk"? I know that AE911 has an online store(why wouldn't they?) and they expect their members to make donations, but I thought I read something where they made only a fraction of their expected donations. So how is he doing it?
apathoid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2009, 10:38 PM   #6
triforcharity
Banned

There is no telling. You see, any donations are aparently funneled into the Agape Foundation out of California. TAF is a legit 501(c)(3). However, AE911Truth is not. There is no way to tell how much money goes back to AE bs.

Yes, he does collect his own donations. At least, that is what I have heard. Scumbag he is.

ETA: BTW, I have TAF's form 990 from 2007. I can't really understand it though.
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2009, 10:45 PM   #7
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by apathoid View Post
Serious question: Where is the aptly-named and unemployed Dick Gage getting all of this money to travel around the world? Dude is literally all over the place. Does he charge money to listen to his "talk"? I know that AE911 has an online store(why wouldn't they?) and they expect their members to make donations, but I thought I read something where they made only a fraction of their expected donations. So how is he doing it?
My guess would be that he hits up his members for more money once he's got them on the hook, claiming something like an "action alert1" or "we're this close to [goal] but we need your help!" The NRA used similar tactics when I was a member (which is why I'm no longer a member).

Or like all good con artists, he's got more going on behind the scenes than meets the eye. Think Max Bialystock... eeew.

Now I feel bad for all the widows.
Old 11th October 2009, 10:45 PM   #8
apathoid

Originally Posted by triforcharity View Post
There is no telling. You see, any donations are aparently funneled into the Agape Foundation out of California. TAF is a legit 501(c)(3). However, AE911Truth is not. There is no way to tell how much money goes back to AE bs.

Yes, he does collect his own donations. At least, that is what I have heard. Scumbag he is.

ETA: BTW, I have TAF's form 990 from 2007. I can't really understand it though.

Yeah, but I just don't see people donating enough for him to do what he has. And how is he living on top of the travelling? His unemployment must have run out by now....
And another question for the tax savvy members, if he is using donations solely to travel around and to live off of, wouldn't he be subject to income tax?

eta:
Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
My guess would be that he hits up his members for more money once he's got them on the hook, claiming something like an "action alert1" or "we're this close to [goal] but we need your help!" The NRA used similar tactics when I was a member (which is why I'm no longer a member).

What do they say? "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." If that's how he's doing it, he won't be able to keep it up. Thankfully.

Last edited by apathoid; 11th October 2009 at 10:49 PM.
apathoid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2009, 10:50 PM   #9
triforcharity
Banned

I don't know. I just sent an email to TAF to find out how much goes back to AE911BS. But, the problem is, there is no telling how much he is "paying himself" as they are not a valid NPO.

He is a scumbag none the less. Imagine all the fees he could charage people for thier little membership!??!?!!?!

Damn, if it wasn't for the fact that I have class, and morals,a conscience and all that kinda stuff, I might be intersted in starting my own little scam.
Old 11th October 2009, 10:52 PM   #10
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

What do they say? "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." If that's how he's doing it, he won't be able to keep it up. Thankfully.
Hence the meet-ups. Gotta get those new recruits and fleece'em real fast before they wise up.
Old 11th October 2009, 10:53 PM   #11
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

snip

Is that what they say?

Evidence?

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2009, 10:59 PM   #12
apathoid

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Is that what they say?

Evidence?

Oops, sorry, didn't mean to summon you..
Old 11th October 2009, 11:03 PM   #13
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

And the quote is actually "Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."
Old 11th October 2009, 11:04 PM   #14
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Oops, sorry, didn't mean to summon you..
S'okay - it never occurred to me that everyone didn't get what it says until a somewhat legendary poster in this section mentioned after almost two years, "Crud! I just realized what your screen name says!"

ETA: I should have said, "I paraphrase". When I said "legendary", I mean legendary! He's liable to come in here and debunk my statement with the actual quote and link. So let's be clear - I am paraphrasing from memory.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.

Last edited by Foolmewunz; 11th October 2009 at 11:05 PM.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2009, 11:30 PM   #15
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

For this type of speaking tour, pretty often the people hosting the event will pay for the travel expenses and a speaking fee. In other words, the flock is fleeced by the local representatives prior to the presentation, and then again at the presentation. Parasites such as Gage are lucky that fleece grows quickly and fleecing is relatively painless.

ETA: In these cases, only the speaking fee is subject to income tax. Yes, this is based on personal experience.
Old 11th October 2009, 11:31 PM   #16
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Kudos to Mr. Herbert and DGM for presenting Gage with Mr. Mackey's whitepaper and Gregory Urich's open letter.

Shame on Gage for never having read them after all this time.

Mr. H and DGM, I hope Big Owl gives you a reward for sitting through 2 hours of Gage's BS. I especially hope it's a reward that's better than NWO Agent #357's.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2009, 11:58 PM   #17
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd View Post
  2. Donations were collected in the same manner as is done during church sermons (Roman Catholic, at least)?

I'm not sure how this could be made anymore obvious to truthers: you're part of a religion.

That was exactly my thought.

Originally Posted by triforcharity View Post
I don't know. I just sent an email to TAF to find out how much goes back to AE911BS. But, the problem is, there is no telling how much he is "paying himself" as they are not a valid NPO.

Here's a question: what sort of expenses would A&ETruth have, beyond Gage's salary? It's not like they're out there engaging in actual research, or anything. All I've ever seen him do is fly about, giving the same talk he's given for years now. And as Hok has mentioned, most of the expenses of those talks were probably covered by the hosts.

Near as I can tell, every other dollar collected would go straight to Gage.
Old 12th October 2009, 12:05 AM   #18
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Good thinking, Horatius.

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Near as I can tell, every other dollar collected would go straight to Gage.
But at least every other dollar of that would go to Gage's ex-wife.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2009, 12:16 AM   #19
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by orphia nay View Post
Not necessarily under California Law. Gage could be very well sticking his ex for alimony, if he's played his cards right.

I'd be interested in hearing what an IRS agent or attorney would have to say about this thread.

Bwuaaahahahaa!
Old 12th October 2009, 12:27 AM   #20
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
And the quote is actually "Fool me once, shame on shame on you. Fool me you can't get fooled again."
Strategery!

Back on topic....

Since Mr. Herbert reports about 70 people, and them asking for a $10 chip-in at the door, let's assume 75% do so. That's about $525.
And let's assume when they pass the plate that the get another, say, $200, and then another $200 in sales (or which $150 is pure profit).

That's $875.00. Not bad for a night's work, but certainly not enough to cover the air tickets, so he'd need to be booking back-to-back-to-back one-nighters. Any idea if he's done Hartford or NYC or Portland (or University towns) in the days or nights surrounding that date?

Old 12th October 2009, 12:39 AM   #21
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
That's $875.00. Not bad for a night's work, but certainly not enough to cover the air tickets, so he'd need to be booking back-to-back-to-back one-nighters. Any idea if he's done Hartford or NYC or Portland (or University towns) in the days or nights surrounding that date?
My geography of the NE US is a bit rusty, but this gives some idea of Gage's movements within a certain area.

http://www.ae911truth.org/info/99

Quote:
Richard Gage, AIA, retraces some of Paul Revere's steps in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, where on Oct 9th he will sound the alarm now about all that we have learned concerning controlled demolitions and nanothermite at the World Trade Center.

[...]

On the evening of Oct 10, Mr. Gage will speak at the First Churches of North Hampton, and again on the following morning there will be another potluck brunch / AE911Truth strategy meeting.

[...]

Perhaps the highlight of this tour will come the next day, October 11, when Mr. Gage will have the rare honor of addressing an audience at the historic First Parish of Cambridge, where George Washington worshiped in 1775.
Old 12th October 2009, 12:42 AM   #22
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

All three of those locations are within a relatively short drive of each other. He could easily have flown in and out of Logan, and done day trips for each event. Portsmouth is a bit of a college town with the University of New Hampshire just up the road in Durham.
Old 12th October 2009, 01:14 AM   #23
waypastvne
Muse

They are charging 60 dollars at the gate for the Australian tour.

Quote:
Featuring: Richard Gage (AIA), Dr Steven Jones, Janice Matthews, William Rodriguez (TBC) plus many more!
When: Saturday, 14th of November
Where: Tom Mann Theatre, 136 Chalmers St, Surry Hills (5 mins walk from Central Station)
Time: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm (doors open at 8:30 am for registration)
Cost: Adult $60/Concession $30 - Press and poor free on request.

I should be in Sydney around that time, I want go (I've never seen a twoofer in real life) but I don't want to pay Gage 60$ just so I can laugh at him.
I do have the option to claim I'm poor. But I just can't do it. I'm not a lying scumbag.
waypastvne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2009, 01:25 AM   #24
ref
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd View Post
Many of his presentations are in churches. Also, before his 9/11 obsession Gage was a donation counselor for the Unity Center of Spiritual Learning in Walnut Creek back in 2005.

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2009, 01:26 AM   #25
funk de fino
Dreaming of unicorns

Gage really is a lying POS. I don't care how nice he comes across as, his claims and lies are disgusting.

Stundie - Avoided like the plaque, its a scottish turn of phrase.
funk de fino is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2009, 01:40 AM   #26
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Hokulele View Post
All three of those locations are within a relatively short drive of each other. He could easily have flown in and out of Logan, and done day trips for each event. Portsmouth is a bit of a college town with the University of New Hampshire just up the road in Durham.
So it's a series of one-nighters and it's damned lucrative, then. I know he can't maintain that sort of schedule but if he can get X number of months with 20/22 dates strung together (just check out the tours of rock bands), he can work alternate months and pull in 100K a year, not counting what he scams raises in on-line appeals to his mailing list.

Old 12th October 2009, 01:43 AM   #27
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Quote:
Featuring: Richard Gage (AIA), Dr Steven Jones, Janice Matthews, William Rodriguez (TBC) plus many more!
When: Saturday, 14th of November
Where: Tom Mann Theatre, 136 Chalmers St, Surry Hills (5 mins walk from Central Station)
Time: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm (doors open at 8:30 am for registration)
Cost: Adult $60/Concession $30 - Press and poor free on request.

Love the bolded part! Anyone want to hazzard a wild guess as to why Slick Willie hasn't confirmed, yet?

a) Not guaranteed top billing
b) Cannot agree on his fee
c) Conflicting engagement at the World's Greatest Liar's Annual Awards Dinner

Old 12th October 2009, 01:49 AM   #28
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by ref View Post
Many of his presentations are in churches. Also, before his 9/11 obsession Gage was a donation counselor for the Unity Center of Spiritual Learning in Walnut Creek back in 2005.
I don't know if it's related to his religious/spiritual leanings so much as it's a good indication that he's a professional hustler and flim flam man.

CIT did their thing in Arlington in a public venue open (for free) to community members, likely sponsored by someone local. I think this is just an indication of the kind of scuttlebutt that makes the rounds in what passes for the counter-culture these days. They all know and inform each other as to what churches and community centers will provide venues for free for persons who are "fighting the man".

Old 12th October 2009, 02:12 AM   #29
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ref View Post
Marvellous.

In addition to his other crimes, Gage is also responsible for perpetuating a negative image of religion and religious people.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2009, 03:17 AM   #30
fourtoe
Graduate Poster

You and DGM are hardcore for sitting through his presentation for TWO HOURS. Talk about the same old retired crap. I looked at his ppt on line and I'm pretty sure he still is using the two quotes from the two first-responders who saw flashes at WTC 7 and splitting them up into multiple unidentifiable quotes to make it look like there were more people who claimed to have seen flashes.

It sounds like you guys represented the NWO pretty freaking well. The shill is strong in these two.
-The thread for discussing/reviewing and posting any 911 related debates one can find!
fourtoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2009, 03:32 AM   #31
~enigma~
Banned

When I heard that Richard Gage was speaking in Boston. I PM'ed a couple of fellow operatives here at JREF. DGM and I decided we would meet up in Cambridge, Ma in the heart of Harvard Square..
Hmm...silent for a month and active again. His wounds healed nicely. Did he have any scars from his suicide attempt with the Moslem version of Dr. Kevorkian?
~enigma~ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2009, 03:58 AM   #32
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I watched a section of the lecture from a link CE posted in the general discussion area and actually took screen shots. I'm curious if you saw one of the pics Gage used in his presentation when he was talking about the molten steel cannard. Because I got a quick glimpse after minimizing my screen to do some of design work and it looked like he took one of those pics right off of the whatreallyhappened website. Can you confirm for me if he actually did that? Because I know WRH has a nasty reputation for using faked photos, especially to support "photographic evidence" for the claim.
He showed several pictures regarding the molten metal. Again, the same old tired b.s. I'm not sure what photo you are talking about. I may have missed a couple pictures due to checking the Patriots scores.
Mr.Herbert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2009, 04:00 AM   #33
ref
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post
Marvellous.

In addition to his other crimes, Gage is also responsible for perpetuating a negative image of religion and religious people.
To be exact, churches still represent only a minority of his venues. In the last 5 months he has appeared in 5 churches/parishes and 1 mosque. However, he has said more mosques are to come.

To the OP, good job I expect him to ignore the papers you gave him, but it was nice you managed to give him the those, he can't say he doesn't know of any criticism.

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro

Last edited by ref; 12th October 2009 at 04:02 AM.
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2009, 04:05 AM   #34
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

http://richardgageboston.org/

There is a video of the event. I just opened it to the part where he is showing McPadden. You can hear me yell out my comment about the Red Cross... hahahah
Old 12th October 2009, 04:39 AM   #35
cow_cat
Mr. Parodied

Serious question: Where is the aptly-named and unemployed Dick Gage getting all of this money to travel around the world?
As ever, the twoof shall set you a fee.

Used to have another username, but I hated it.
cow_cat is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2009, 06:35 AM   #36
MarekM
Thinker

I knew I should have asked if anyone else was going! We could have united forces!

I went as well and can verify Mr. Herbert's description of the event - particularly the money-grabbing aspect. The signs that were posted suggested a $10 fee to get in. As I walked past the collection table into the church a man blocked the doorway and asked if I had paid. I said I thought it was a suggested donation. He said, still blocking the doorway, "It is, but we really want you to pay." So I said no thanks and walked around him. It was a somewhat uncomfortable moment and if others were treated that way, I wouldn't be surprised if most paid the $10.

Other things I noticed:

The presentation started a half hour late. I think it was clear they wanted more time to drag as many as they could off the street. At 5, when it was supposed to start, only about half of the final number was there.

The professional quality of the presentation was incredibly poor. The sound would occasionally cut out and Gage's videos that he played failed to work at times. I've seen Kent Hovind speak, and was expecting something like that from Gage, but he seemed more like a bumbling lunatic than anything else.

The presentation was horribly long. Lasting about 2.5 hours, starting a half hour late, so I was sitting in this church pew for 3 straight hours - far too long. Some of the people around me were clearly getting tired/bored towards the end.

I lined up to ask a question at the end as well, but two truthers took up the whole question time. One rambled on about god knows what and the other suggested that they should make comedy sketches about office fires.

Overall, I will leave attending his future talks to those braver than me.
MarekM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2009, 06:41 AM   #37
Gnu World Order
Thinker

This page gives a breakdown of the sponsoring organization's expenses (you can donate to help them out, if you want). They spent $800 on flyers and posters to attract people to the event. So if we charitably inflate Mr. Herbert's crowd estimate to 80 people, the publicity cost them $10 per person they actually drew.
Gnu World Order is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2009, 06:45 AM   #38
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

He showed several pictures regarding the molten metal. Again, the same old tired b.s. I'm not sure what photo you are talking about. I may have missed a couple pictures due to checking the Patriots scores.
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5238/steel.png

This one I think is the one I saw on his presentation... I'm really hoping he didn't bring up something that dumb... because it'll make my already abysmal view of that group even worse.
Old 12th October 2009, 07:15 AM   #39
Seymour Butz
Muse

Originally Posted by orphia nay View Post
Good thinking, Horatius.

I'm of the opinion that this IS his angle.

Everything goes through AE twoof, and they pay their taxes, but he gets paid little or nothing to avoid having anything to pay his wife. He lives on the road, getting his "expenses" paid for him, which really isn't taxable salary.

Scumbag...
Seymour Butz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2009, 07:31 AM   #40
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

Here I am (Mr. Herbert) giving Gage the Mackey white paper. I had to read a little of it to him so he could understand.

Last edited by Mr.Herbert; 12th October 2009 at 08:24 AM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories