IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 19th October 2009, 06:31 AM   #1
nicepants
Graduate Poster

Talking Woot.com mocks 9/11 Truthers

I hopped over to woot.com as I typically do first thing in the morning and immediately started laughing at the description for today's item which pokes fun at the truthers.

\

Here's the whole text of the decscription: (bolding is mine)

Quote:
Flight of Fancy

The official government story says there was no boy in that balloon. But a growing number of Americans are demanding the truth about what really happened on 10/15.

If you accept the CIA’s version of events, the whole incident was merely a misunderstanding. A joke, really. The kid was in the attic all along and everybody got worked up over nothing. Har dee har har. Well, I know what I felt was real. The terror and confusion of that terrible afternoon were too vivid to be wished away by the Big Lie Machine and its profusion of Smaller But Still Pretty Good Size Lie Machines.

Just look at the facts. As I saw on the Philips 19” LCD HDTV I keep in my taxidermy studio, the “balloon” in question spiralled lazily through the crisp autumn sky, its silver foil glistening in hi-def 1440×900p resolution. But I’ve watched enough Road Runner cartoons to know how a balloon behaves when punctured in flight, especially in the American West. A real balloon would’ve either zig-zagged quickly and crazily around, slamming into various rock outcroppings along the way, or simply fallen straight down like an anvil. So that begs the following question: this so-called “balloon” wasn’t even a balloon at all!

Now, let’s look at the landing. The world saw – or thought they saw – the “balloon” bump gently to Earth in a freshly plowed dirt field. It looked realistic enough to me, thanks to the Digital Crystal Clear picture and NASA’s experienced team of special-effects experts. But I bet I could find a Professor of Balloon Physics (let’s call him Dr. Herschel Flibbo of College Academy University State Tech) who would say that such a landing could only be executed by a trained balloon pilot. Why is the so-called “scientific” world so terrified of what Dr. Flibbo has to say?

Also, that field looked suspiciously flat to me. Have we forgotten that Colorado is known as the Rocky Mountain State? Guess whoever mocked up this hoax missed that day in 6th-grade geography class.

But here’s the most damning piece of evidence. Remember when everybody crowded around the fallen “balloon”, and a nation waited breathlessly to see if the boy would emerge OK, only to be told that there was nobody inside? Thanks to the crisp detail of my Philips HDTV’s 800:1 contrast ratio, I was able to see that, on the contrary, there were actually hundreds of children being briskly spirited away from the crash site into an underground passageway located directly under the so-called “balloon”. Skeptical? Come over and watch it. Or buy a Philips HDTV yourself along with a copy of Hot Air: Puncturing The 10/15 Conspiracy, my fearless, eye-opening DVD documentary that will forever change the way you view fearless, eye-opening DVD documentaries.

They say there was no kid in that “balloon”; I say there were hundreds of kids. They say the kid was actually hiding at home in his attic; I say the kids were led down into the bowels of the Earth to toil in the FBI’s underground LSD mines. Examine the evidence on a neutral, objective Philips HDTV and you can only reach one conclusion. And no, wiseguy, that conclusion is not that I need to go back on my meds. Whatever my lying fraud of a doctor says, I feel just fine this way.
Old 19th October 2009, 06:41 AM   #2
bill smith
Philosopher

Very clever writing wasn't it ? lol
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2009, 06:48 AM   #3
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Quote:
Hot Air: Puncturing The 10/15 Conspiracy
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2009, 09:22 AM   #4
CurtC
Illuminator

Shhhh - don't tell the truthers that they're being mocked - they think that this proves the Woot folks are on-board with their message. Hell, they didn't even realize they were being mocked in the South Park episode.
Old 19th October 2009, 09:57 AM   #5
sylvan8798
Master Poster

My counter-conspiracy theory: the balloon actually WAS a flying saucer, with an alien on board. My evidence? 1) it was silver and shaped like a flying saucer 2) It landed very nicely in a field, just like flying saucers in movies always do so it was obviously piloted. I mean, there is just as great a possibility that it would accidentally land on a street, or a house. 3) the men who caught it in the field hacked it with hoes before opening it. Now who would hack a balloon potentially containing a child? An alien you would want to hack, maybe.

Clearly the whole "child" story is a complete fabrication to cover the fact that yet another space alien has arrived on earth planning a takeover.
sylvan8798 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2009, 11:51 AM   #6
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Awesome post.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2009, 12:20 PM   #7
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Really funny. Almost as good as a Cracked article.

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2009, 12:36 PM   #8
roger
Penultimate Amazing

Joke all you want, but it is clear that Heene was onto the truth, that Hilary Clinton is a reptilean shape shifter, and he was set up to keep the truth from coming out. If you look on youtube, you will see that he pulled the video in the last day or so. Proof that they got to him.

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. - John Muir
roger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2009, 06:04 PM   #9
Bobert
Illuminator

Good stuff
Bobert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2009, 06:42 PM   #10
willhaven
Graduate Poster

haha, Woot is awesome.

Love that site.
willhaven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories