IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Sydney Truthers

Old 10th November 2009, 12:49 AM   #1
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

I'm thinking of taking a camera...

http://www.thehardevidence.com/site

A big Truther event is on this weekend here in beautiful sunny Sydney and I was thinking of going along with a video camera. Do any of the JREF regulars have any suggestions for questions or tactics I might use?

I doubt I'll be talking to any of the featured guests (S. Jones & Gage) or even Luke Rudowski, probably just the rank and file gullible chumps who have shelled out too much money to hear these guys mumble rubbish.

I have a bit of experience using a camera, but the rest is all new.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 01:12 AM   #2
Hallo Alfie
Banned

I am absolutely gobsmacked!

Call me naive (that's rhetorical folks) but I had no idea that this even had a following in Australia, let alone be able to sell tickets to such an nonsense filled event.
Hallo Alfie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 01:22 AM   #3
Sam.I.Am
Illuminator

Wear a dark suit and try (very badly) to sneak taking their pictures, also speak into your sleeve every once in a while and sneak obvious furtive looks when you do.

About my avatar.
Sam.I.Am is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 01:23 AM   #4
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Brainache View Post

A big Truther event is on this weekend here in beautiful sunny Sydney
A big one? You mean they had to rent TWO phone booths?
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 02:14 AM   #5
atecom
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by A.A.Alfie View Post

Call me naive (that's rhetorical folks) but I had no idea that this even had a following in Australia, let alone be able to sell tickets to such an nonsense filled event.
Yeah theres this site here
http://www.911oz.com/

They have followings everywhere unfortunately.

Well, I have a sunday to spare, but Im not paying to get into that event... Maybe Ill stand out the front of the building handing out 9/11 debunking pamphlets... I wonder what their reaction would be to come out of their session to the see people handing out debunking info.
atecom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 04:35 AM   #6
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

I'd come and help, but I live in another country. Try to get a panoramic view of them so they can be accurately counted. Don't shift from one viewpoint to another. If they march down the street, stand on the other side so they can be seen completely. Try to estimate how old the group is.

I can't imagine there would be a big group in Australia. I'll put a maximum number at 20. Anyone want to set up a betting pool on this?

Last edited by Scott Sommers; 10th November 2009 at 05:37 AM.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 04:42 AM   #7
Hallo Alfie
Banned

Only 20? Hardly seems worth the effort for them to fly in the speakers, book an auditorium etc. Surely they'd have to get a few hundred just for it to be commercially viable.

I assume they are doing it for money or do they have untold reserves and that is not the issue?
Hallo Alfie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 04:57 AM   #8
Athyrio
Hipster Doofus

Originally Posted by scott.in.taiwan View Post
.....Try to get a panoramic view of them so they can be accurately counted. Don't shift from one viewpoint to another. If they march down the street, stand on the other side so they can seen completely. Try to estimate how old the group is....

Thanks. Reading down the thread, I wanted to say about the same thing so I will repeat what you said for emphasis.
Old 10th November 2009, 05:47 AM   #9
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Only 20? Hardly seems worth the effort for them to fly in the speakers, book an auditorium etc. Surely they'd have to get a few hundred just for it to be commercially viable.

I assume they are doing it for money or do they have untold reserves and that is not the issue?
Who says it is? Or will be? It may be investment in the future. After all, the USA has pretty much run dry on 911 Truth. And it's not like Gage is going to go back to designing bathrooms and school gyms.

But sure. I give him 20 people. I may be wrong, but they are charging a lot and I just don't see the interest. This is 8 years ago. There is no mass movement in the USA or anywhere else. The Internet is full of responses to 911 Truth. The only people left willing to shell out money for this are right-wing college kids in the USA.

I never gamble or buy lottery tickets, but I'm willing to bet on this one. Brainache gets the video, puts it on Youtube and we can count them.

One more thing about the video. In my answer, I assumed it was an outside demo. If it's some sort of inside thing, I don't know how they'll feel about cameras. You may want to stand by the door and film them as they come in. Being paranoid nut jobs, this may raise issues, so you should stand back some distance. If they let you film inside, that's great. If they don't, try to get some pictures with a phone camera.

Even with the pictures, count everyone. Sit at the back near the door and watch if anyone leaves. Make sure to get an accurate count of how many attended. And watch for age. In the USA, it's all kids. Virtually none of the big names in the USA 'street actions' were out of elementary school when 911really happened.

I guess the main point is to try and construct a profile of who's attending and what kind of people they might be.

Good luck and keep us informed about what happens.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 06:19 AM   #10
Edx
Philosopher

What i want to know is who the heck is Janice Matthews?
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 09:08 AM   #11
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

According to John Bursill, they had already sold 157 tickets for the Saturday festivities and 82 for Sunday's event. Saturday is Gage and Steven Jones, which accounts for the difference.

Janice Matthews runs 911truth.org, and is probably best known as one of the sources for Steven Jones' dust. Her apartment was close to the WTC and her windows were blown out during the collapse of the towers, resulting in a lot of the dust coming in.

Brainache, I'd be happy to have you guest post at SLC on your experience at what I'm calling the Blunder Down Under. If you get a chance, the question I'd ask Richard Gage is as follows:

Quote:
Mr Gage, you state that you have experience designing fireproofed steel structures. Given that you claim fire could not have brought down the World Trade Center buildings, why do you require fireproofing on the steel?
Of course, given that Bursill is "moderating" the Q&A session I assume they will require you to submit your question on an index card and Bursill will choose which ones to ask of Box Boy.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 12:39 PM   #12
fourtoe
Graduate Poster

Brainache if this all works out can I take the footage and use the audio as an mp3 for the 911 debate site?
|
|
V
-The thread for discussing/reviewing and posting any 911 related debates one can find!
fourtoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 12:50 PM   #13
Edx
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post

Janice Matthews runs 911truth.org, and is probably best known as one of the sources for Steven Jones' dust. Her apartment was close to the WTC and her windows were blown out during the collapse of the towers, resulting in a lot of the dust coming in.
What an impartial source!
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 01:10 PM   #14
HeyLeroy
Vegan Cannibal

One word of advice on using the video camera: attach a tripod, even if you don't use it. Extend the top post and hold it by that; the weight of the hanging legs, even when not extended, helps to steady your shots.

Okay, that wasn't one word, exactly, but you get the drift.
I ♣ my baby Harp Seal.
HeyLeroy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 01:50 PM   #15
patchbunny
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Sam.I.Am View Post
Wear a dark suit and try (very badly) to sneak taking their pictures, also speak into your sleeve every once in a while and sneak obvious furtive looks when you do.

Black suit, black hat, sunglasses, ear piece, and never, ever smile. Film everybody. Talk to your lapel with mysterious code words and phrases. "Dumpling has met with Little John." "The cheese is on the cracker."

Unless you're being serious about it. Then I'll look at Hey Leroy's and scott.in.taiwan's advice.
"So, they laugh at my boner, will they? I'll show them! I'll show them how many boners the Joker can make!" -- The Joker, Batman #66
patchbunny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 02:24 PM   #16
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Originally Posted by scott.in.taiwan View Post
I'd come and help, but I live in another country. Try to get a panoramic view of them so they can be accurately counted. Don't shift from one viewpoint to another. If they march down the street, stand on the other side so they can be seen completely. Try to estimate how old the group is.

I can't imagine there would be a big group in Australia. I'll put a maximum number at 20. Anyone want to set up a betting pool on this?
I wasn't planning on going inside the venue, I'm not buying a ticket. I thought I'd hang around outside at lunch time to see who is coming out and maybe ask a few thought-provoking questions. I'll try to get an impression of total numbers for you.

Brainache, I'd be happy to have you guest post at SLC on your experience at what I'm calling the Blunder Down Under. If you get a chance, the question I'd ask Richard Gage is as follows:
Quote:
Mr Gage, you state that you have experience designing fireproofed steel structures. Given that you claim fire could not have brought down the World Trade Center buildings, why do you require fireproofing on the steel?

Of course, given that Bursill is "moderating" the Q&A session I assume they will require you to submit your question on an index card and Bursill will choose which ones to ask of Box Boy.
If I get the chance I'll ask. But as I said above, I'll just be outside on the street.

Originally Posted by knife fight colobus View Post
Brainache if this all works out can I take the footage and use the audio as an mp3 for the 911 debate site?
|
|
V
No worries. There could be a lot of traffic noise, I'm not using a boom mic.

Originally Posted by HeyLeroy View Post
One word of advice on using the video camera: attach a tripod, even if you don't use it. Extend the top post and hold it by that; the weight of the hanging legs, even when not extended, helps to steady your shots.

Thanks, but I'm only borrowing the camera and I doubt I'll get a tripod. I worked as a camera operator for a TV station for about 16 years, so I should be able to handle it. I'll try not to do too many whizz pans and crash zooms etc.

Having said that, the camera I'll be using is just a tiny light hand-held thing so please forgive any shakiness...
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 02:24 PM   #17
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Uh guys, I really really doubt Brainache is paying to get into this farce. Probably just documenting the outside.

eta: ah, I see he replied at the same time.

Last edited by WildCat; 10th November 2009 at 02:27 PM.
WildCat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 02:26 PM   #18
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Originally Posted by WildCat View Post
Uh guys, I really really doubt Brainache is paying to get into this farce. Probably just documenting the outside.
And the million dollars goes to:... Wildcat!!!! YAY!
Old 10th November 2009, 02:27 PM   #19
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

Heh...head over to this months stundies. I got a few quotes from one gem of an aussie over there.
grandmastershek is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 02:31 PM   #20
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

Luke Rudowski
How twoofers can still believe these ppl do this out of the kindness of their own hearts is beyond me. If it hadn't been for twoof Luke would just be some annoying kid who talks to himself alone in a bar...now he gets to travel the world and have thousands of people think he's some sort of revolutionary. Talk about a sham.

question 1. when are you guys going to submit your work to a legitimate forum as opposed to your normal intellectual inbreeding?
grandmastershek is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 02:33 PM   #21
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by atecom View Post
Yeah theres this site here
http://www.911oz.com/

They have followings everywhere unfortunately.

Well, I have a sunday to spare, but Im not paying to get into that event... Maybe Ill stand out the front of the building handing out 9/11 debunking pamphlets... I wonder what their reaction would be to come out of their session to the see people handing out debunking info.
They would probably try to silence you like any good cult would. Do it, but tape the entire thing.
Old 10th November 2009, 02:51 PM   #22
BigAl
Philosopher

If you are going to do "man on the street" interviews you either need either a tripod or an assistant to hold the camera.
Dept of Redundancy Dept.
BigAl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 03:40 PM   #23
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
If you are going to do "man on the street" interviews you either need either a tripod or an assistant to hold the camera.
All very well in theory, but I think I can ask questions and shoot at the same time. I'm not intending to have too many shots of myself in this thing.

My main worry is working out the editing software in post.
Old 10th November 2009, 03:45 PM   #24
TheBigKahuna
Thinker

A big Truther event is on this weekend here in beautiful sunny Sydney and I was thinking of going along with a video camera. Do any of the JREF regulars have any suggestions for questions or tactics I might use?

I doubt I'll be talking to any of the featured guests (S. Jones & Gage) or even Luke Rudowski, probably just the rank and file gullible chumps who have shelled out too much money to hear these guys mumble rubbish.

I have a bit of experience using a camera, but the rest is all new.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.
I would dearly love to see you ask Gage why he doesn't use the full clip of the collapse of WTC 7 including pointing out the collapse of the East (Mechanical) Penthouse but instead only uses the final collapse of the outer facade and presents that as the entire collapse.
TheBigKahuna is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 03:50 PM   #25
TheBigKahuna
Thinker

They posted in 9/11 truth on face book they only sold about half the tickets to the event. I just wish I could afford to import a half dozen JREFers to heckle them. It would be worth it just for the lulz.
TheBigKahuna is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 04:05 PM   #26
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

There's no reason you can't get into the event for free; just print up an official-looking press pass, preferably with cool Illuminati-looking symbols (the all-seeing eye), and have it signed by Moloch. If nothing else, it gives you a little more entertainment, even if they don't let you attend.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 05:10 PM   #27
HeyLeroy
Vegan Cannibal

Hey, Brainache; did you notice this from your link?

Quote:
Press and poor free on request
I ♣ my baby Harp Seal.
HeyLeroy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 05:26 PM   #28
fourtoe
Graduate Poster

Ask Luke if he still thinks that you have to be a wizard in order to read the NIST report.

Ask Gage why is he still being deceitful about the witnesses who said they saw flashes by taking quotes of ONLY TWO witnesses that said they saw flashes at the WTC and splitting them up into many more unidentified quotes to make it look like more witnesses said they saw flashes.
-The thread for discussing/reviewing and posting any 911 related debates one can find!
fourtoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 07:08 PM   #29
Furcifer

monopod (1 word and it had 1 in it, hehe)
Furcifer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 07:10 PM   #30
Furcifer

Originally Posted by Sam.I.Am View Post
You sir, are a genius
Furcifer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2009, 07:20 PM   #31
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Hey, Brainache; did you notice this from your link?
I really don't want to have to sit through the speeches etc, I just want to get a few audio grabs from the audience as they go to lunch (not provided), then maybe go to a pub and drown my frustration in beer.
Old 10th November 2009, 07:22 PM   #32
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

There's no reason you can't get into the event for free; just print up an official-looking press pass, preferably with cool Illuminati-looking symbols (the all-seeing eye), and have it signed by Moloch. If nothing else, it gives you a little more entertainment, even if they don't let you attend.
I really wish I lived in Sydney now.
Old 10th November 2009, 07:26 PM   #33
Hallo Alfie
Banned

Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
I really wish I lived in Sydney now.
Me too. Sounds like fun - just to watch I mean

Where are you Redtail?
Old 10th November 2009, 07:29 PM   #34
Furcifer

I didn't even see this at first. This gets an Honorable mention as well.
Old 10th November 2009, 09:15 PM   #35
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by knife fight colobus View Post
Ask Luke if he still thinks that you have to be a wizard in order to read the NIST report.
Better yet, ask him that, then ask him if a sorcerer could pull it off with cloak of intellect.
Old 11th November 2009, 05:26 AM   #36
Klimax
NWO Cyborg 5960x (subversion VPUNPCKHQDQ)

Originally Posted by patchbunny View Post
Black suit, black hat, sunglasses, ear piece, and never, ever smile. Film everybody. Talk to your lapel with mysterious code words and phrases. "Dumpling has met with Little John." "The cheese is on the cracker."

Unless you're being serious about it. Then I'll look at Hey Leroy's and scott.in.taiwan's advice.
How did you find out how do I look???

Engine: Ibalgin 400
Klimax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2009, 11:37 PM   #37
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

I've managed to get a friend to come along to ask these clowns some questions. She's no expert, but she can be quite funny.

Unfortunately the camera I will be using has no input for an external mic, so it will be camera mic all the way. On the positive side, I did manage to get a tripod.

I will be editing the results using good old windows movie maker, so don't expect too much. Now I'm starting to wish I'd paid more attention to those editors I used to work with. Establishing shot.... MCU... CU... Cut-away... noddy....fade..............mumble mumble mumble........ is this thing still on? Damn
Old 12th November 2009, 12:10 AM   #38
six7s
veretic

Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
Or, you could ask the other twoofer to hold it
Old 14th November 2009, 06:12 AM   #39
atecom
Critical Thinker

Did you know that I am overweight... not cause of all the junkfood I eat, but because of the fluride in the water? Isn't it lovely to live in a world where everything inconvenient is simply a government conspiracy.
atecom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2009, 09:36 AM   #40
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Report from one of the participants indicates that Jonesy is doing a heckuva job:

Quote:
Steven Jones is speaking right now. (He's going into great detail about the put options, btw)
What's next? Eight of the hijackers are still alive?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories