ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bionic band balance

Old 16th December 2009, 07:45 PM   #1
Trystero4
Scholar

The Bionic Band. It's science. You can look it up.

I hope there isn't already a thread for this. Somebody sent me this link "should I buy this? do you think it works?" I need smarter friends.

http://bionicbands.com/default.aspx

Quote:
Have you witnessed the amazing results from this small attractive band? "Proton Alignment Resonance Technology" (P.A.R.T) is Perfect World Solutions, Inc. own way of aligning the Protons of a Nucleus of Base Metal at a Subatomic Level. This fabulous mastery of forcing protons to spin or resonate in the same direction is a secret no more. Either is the wonderful affects this technology has on the human body. Just touching the skin with Perfect World Solutions Bionic Band creates balance, strength and energy. If you have not seen or been amazed by this wonderful product wait no more. Need more information? There is plenty to read and watch on these web pages but you will be amazed when you try the balance and strength tests yourself. This is jaw dropping technology. I don't care who you show: family, friends or strangers their jaw will drop, their head will shake and they will want your BionicBand NOW!!!
My favorite part
Quote:
Gimmick? Gizzmo?
Natural resonance or nature's frequency is no gimmick. Plus, this is not a new science: Albert Einstein's famous E=mc2 mathematically described how matter is nothing more than a form of energy, and that all energies vibrate. The Bionic Bandô ensures that your energy vibrates the way it is supposed to operate.
Old 16th December 2009, 10:06 PM   #2
X
Slide Rulez 4 Life

3 rubber (I think. It's the Lifesport/charity bracelet material) for $75?!?

Or one nylon one for $55?

And I thought profit margins no mattresses were huge.

BTW: I'll sell you a shoelace for $35. It's harmonically energetically resonant. And useful!

[X's posts are] ...as good as having 24 hours of Justin Bieber piped into your ears! - kmortis
X is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th December 2009, 10:38 PM   #3
casebro
Philosopher

And I thought you needed an MRI to get all your electron's orbits into the same plane. Do you think MRIs work on protons too?

Some have called me cynical, but I don't believe them.

It's not how many breaths you take. It's how many times you have been breathless that counts.
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2009, 09:20 AM   #4
Cuddles
Decoy

Originally Posted by casebro View Post
And I thought you needed an MRI to get all your electron's orbits into the same plane. Do you think MRIs work on protons too?
Actually, MRIs work specifically on protons, not electrons. It's called nuclear magnetic resonance imaging for a reason.

Edit: Obviously this doesn't mean that wearing a $25 rubber band is going to achieve anything.
Old 17th December 2009, 09:35 AM   #5
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Quote:
Proton Alignment Resonance Technology" (P.A.R.T) is... [a] way of aligning the Protons of a Nucleus of Base Metal at a Subatomic Level. This fabulous mastery of forcing protons to spin or resonate in the same direction is a secret no more.

I believe it's called a "magnet."

Respectfully,
Myriad
Old 17th December 2009, 10:01 AM   #6
LarianLeQuella
Elf Wino

And here I thought we were talking about a musical band named The Bionic Band. Would they play techno?
LarianLeQuella is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2009, 10:16 AM   #7
~enigma~
Banned

Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
Actually, MRIs work specifically on protons, not electrons. It's called nuclear magnetic resonance imaging for a reason.

Edit: Obviously this doesn't mean that wearing a $25 rubber band is going to achieve anything.
I thought MRI was changed from Electron Spin Resonance because the name was too "scary" for use as a medical technology.
~enigma~ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2009, 11:39 AM   #8
Trystero4
Scholar

Originally Posted by LarianLeQuella View Post
And here I thought we were talking about a musical band named The Bionic Band. Would they play techno?
*nnntsch-nnntsch-nnntsch*
Old 18th December 2009, 10:27 AM   #9
~enigma~
Banned

Originally Posted by ~enigma~ View Post
I thought MRI was changed from Electron Spin Resonance because the name was too "scary" for use as a medical technology.
My mistake, ESR is related to NMR. NMR excites protons while ESR does the same for electrons. Both are good forms of spectroscopy. It is NMR which became MRI for the reason above.
~enigma~ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2009, 11:22 AM   #10
Psi Baba
Homo Skepticalis

There's got to be a "male enhancement" marketing angle here somewhere. Impress your lover with astounding vibration and energy!!!"

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology