ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags edna cintron

Old 28th December 2009, 01:34 PM   #1
Edx
Illuminator

What happened to Edna Cintron?

I tried looking this up but I cant seem to find anything concrete.

Did Edna Cintron (the waving woman in the impact zone) fall or did she stay there until the collapse?

Some guy is trying to claim the latter.
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2009, 01:36 PM   #2
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Edx View Post
I tried looking this up but I cant seem to find anything concrete.

Did Edna Cintron (the waving woman in the impact zone) fall or did she stay there until the collapse?

Some guy is trying to claim the latter.
She jumped to her death. There is a photo of her doing it, and no I am not going to link it.

The art of labeling an argument in a dismissive fashion being used as an argument in and of itself. Ex: Labeling facts as a conspiracy theory
16.5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2009, 01:40 PM   #3
scratchy
Muse

Whats the conspiracy angle?
scratchy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2009, 01:41 PM   #4
KDLarsen
Master Poster

She definantly jumped. Twoofer-ghouls like to use her presence there as an example of how the temperatures couldn't have been that high, but oddly enough they go silent when asked why she jumped then.
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2009, 01:42 PM   #5
Edx
Illuminator

Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
She jumped to her death. There is a photo of her doing it, and no I am not going to link it.
No thats ok... and thats what I thought.

A news report talking about what happened to her would be enough, google is just full of stupid truther websites when I try searching for her name that I cant seem to find any "official" (for lack of a better word) confirmation of what actually happened to her.
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2009, 01:46 PM   #6
Edx
Illuminator

Originally Posted by scratchy View Post
Whats the conspiracy angle?
Well to quote the guy I'm talking to:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've watched a probably a hundred videos of the south tower and I see little, if any fire... Also, there was a woman standing in the impact hole with unburnt clothes and hair.
That was Edna Cintron, the fires were obviously so cool she had to jump to her death... Fire moves you know, it uses up fuel in the impact zone and then moves.
No, she did not jump, she went down with the building
/watch?v=W7V-nQpcyDo

In the video he references it says she went down with the building, I just want confirmation I can show him that this is wrong.
Old 28th December 2009, 01:58 PM   #7
Alferd_Packer
Philosopher

When I think of the horror of someone facing the decision to jump or stay, knowing that there was no difference in either choice, it really make me despise the truthers that use her as an example for their useless theories in their usesless lives.

Last edited by Alferd_Packer; 28th December 2009 at 02:27 PM.
Alferd_Packer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2009, 02:15 PM   #8
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

I included the falling photo of Ms Cintron in this post at SLC. It's a very disturbing image. BTW, your debating partner has the wrong building; Edna was in the North Tower.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2009, 02:45 PM   #9
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by KDLarsen View Post
She definantly jumped. Twoofer-ghouls like to use her presence there as an example of how the temperatures couldn't have been that high, but oddly enough they go silent when asked why she jumped then.
THose twoofer ghouls need to have the crap kicked out of them.Really.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2009, 04:31 PM   #10
Edx
Illuminator

Cheers Brainster
Old 28th December 2009, 07:47 PM   #11
triforcharity
Banned

Sick and disgusting they are.

I cannot even BEGIN to imagine what kind of pure HELL that must have been, knowing I HAD to choose to either be suffocated in a fire, or jump to my certain death.

Holy **** some truthers are sick.

I know people who left the fire service because of the jumpers that they witnessed that day. The FD had to user people out other doors because of the sheer amount of jumpers.

I had nightmares about the jumpers for many many months. Still do to this day.

PS. Thanks for not linking that picture directly, and for giving a warning about it. It turns my stomach.
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2009, 07:59 PM   #12
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by triforcharity View Post
I cannot even BEGIN to imagine what kind of pure HELL that must have been, knowing I HAD to choose to either be suffocated in a fire, or jump to my certain death.

Firefighter Joe Casaliggi, in the Naudet film, made the comment, "I just remember looking up, thinking, 'how bad is it up there that the better option is to jump?'"

That's a heavy thought. Every time I hear it, read it, or think about it, I feel a very obvious weight. Sitting down here, on the ground, in my house, in a comfortable chair, it's easy to look at the pictures and video and think, "Well, they're at windows. They've got fresh air, even with all that smoke pouring out from behind," but... *shakes his head*

Last edited by Cl1mh4224rd; 28th December 2009 at 08:00 PM.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2009, 08:05 PM   #13
9/11 Chewy Defense
Banned

Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd View Post
Firefighter Joe Casaliggi, in the Naudet film, made the comment, "I just remember looking up, thinking, 'how bad is it up there that the better option is to jump?'"

That's a heavy thought. Every time I hear it, read it, or think about it, I feel a very obvious weight. Sitting down here, on the ground, in my house, in a comfortable chair, it's easy to look at the pictures and video and think, "Well, they're at windows. They've got fresh air, even with all that smoke pouring out from behind," but... *shakes his head*
If I had to option I'd make sure I'd try to get out. But thinking of all those who jumped made me think that's a horrible way to go. 10 seconds of looking at buildings & sky then blackness, I just shudder at the thought.
9/11 Chewy Defense is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2009, 01:10 AM   #14
Magenta
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
I included the falling photo of Ms Cintron in this post at SLC. It's a very disturbing image. BTW, your debating partner has the wrong building; Edna was in the North Tower.

That photo is also featured in the documentary 9/11 The Falling Man and is identified by Richard Pecorella as probably being his fiancée Karen Juday. Article about Mr Pecorella here. The documentary is on YouTube - the part with Mr Pecorella starts around 46 minutes in:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Magenta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2009, 01:17 AM   #15
atecom
Critical Thinker

There was a truther on youtube, Joe Craine I think it was who used to claim Edna Citron spoke to him in his sleep.
atecom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2009, 01:19 AM   #16
truethat
Penultimate Amazing

I read somewhere that the reason the people jumped was the floors were boiling hot and they began to burn from the feet up. So it wasn't really a choice. They had no choice. It was a reaction.

I can't even understand the cruelty of gossiping about this woman's picture online. Her family must hurt so much because of it.

― Julie Rugg, A Book Addict's Treasury
truethat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2009, 12:21 PM   #17
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

also of note is Edna Cintron is still listed as a survivor and/or family member who is critical of the "official account" of 9/11
http://patriotsquestion911.com/survivors.html
Old 29th December 2009, 02:00 PM   #18
Edx
Illuminator

Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
also of note is Edna Cintron is still listed as a survivor and/or family member who is critical of the "official account" of 9/11
Wow how disgustingly shamless!

Why dont they just list everyone they've ever quotemined.

I wonder if Chief Palmer is there as well.
Old 29th December 2009, 03:28 PM   #19
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™
Administrator

Originally Posted by Edx View Post
Wow how disgustingly shamless!

Why dont they just list everyone they've ever quotemined.

I wonder if Chief Palmer is there as well.

Indeed, he is. And "disgustingly shameless" is a polite way of putting it.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2009, 05:43 PM   #20
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
That photo is also featured in the documentary 9/11 The Falling Man and is identified by Richard Pecorella as probably being his fiancée Karen Juday. Article about Mr Pecorella here. The documentary is on YouTube - the part with Mr Pecorella starts around 46 minutes in:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Thanks for posting that. It was very difficult to watch, but worth the tears. I don't know what to think now; both women were clearly wearing similar clothing that day (at least assuming that the picture of the woman staggering out through the hole in the North Tower was indeed Edna as we've heard many times). However, I trust Pecorella's ability to judge here better than I do my own.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2009, 06:53 PM   #21
triforcharity
Banned

Scumbags, the whole lot of em.
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2009, 07:17 PM   #22
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

I wonder how Kevin Smith feels about being on that site.
"Oh CRAP... DQ!!" - Ol' Hokey, yet again
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2009, 07:07 AM   #23
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
That's actually on a page of "statements".

Cover their ass statement.
Quote:
The public statements of many survivors contradict the Commission Report. And the words and actions of some of the victims on that terrible day are in conflict with the Commission Report. This page of the website is a collection of their statements. The website does not represent any organization and it should be made clear that none of these individuals are affiliated with this website.
It's still pretty low.

"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2009, 08:38 AM   #24
Myron Proudfoot
Graduate Poster

I am most certainly not a violent person, don't even play video games where I shoot or hit someone, but I'd be hard-pressed not to punch a truther in the face, repeatedly, for their attitude towards the victims...

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories