IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ballot initiatives , new hampshire politics , nyccan

Old 10th March 2010, 10:47 AM   #41
Thunder
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr.Herbert View Post
Kudos to the Exeter, NH Chapter of the NWO!
haaaaa!!!!!!! Live Free or Die!!!!

nice work, NH.

how many towns have voted on this so far?
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2010, 10:52 AM   #42
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

Looks like our boys up in Nelson, NH were in on it too!

http://www.townofnelson.com/

Quote:
Here are the results of voting at Town Meeting. Y = Yes, the article passed. (U) means that it passed unanimously. N means it did not pass. Passed Over means that the town voted not to consider the article. .......

27. Shall New Hampshire Congressional Delegation be instructed to pursue a new and independent investigation to address thoroughly all of the evidence and unanswered questions related to the events of September 11, 2001?(The record of the vote on this article shall be transmitted by the Town of Nelson to New Hampshire Congressional Delegation.)
This is a petitioned article. Not recommended by the Selectmen. Passed Over

Last edited by Mr.Herbert; 10th March 2010 at 10:54 AM.
Mr.Herbert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2010, 11:02 AM   #43
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

okay now... you guys are slacking up there in Richmond..

It was passed.... I had to call the Town Clerk as there is not a heck of a lot of people there updating their website.

Quote:
54. To see if the Town will vote to approve the following resolution: Shall New
Hampshire’s Congressional Delegation be instructed to pursue a new and
independent investigation to address thoroughly all of the evidence and unanswered
questions related to the events of September 11, 2001? (By Petition)

Verbally from town clerk: Passed 48 yes 45 no

wow... 93 voters!!
Mr.Herbert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2010, 11:12 AM   #44
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

Sorry .. for all the posts. Swanzey, NH truthers:

FAIL

Quote:
Article 8
Shall the town vote to approve the following resolution:
Shall New Hampshire’s Congressional Delegation be instructed to pursue a new and independent
investigation to address thoroughly all of the evidence and unanswered questions related to the events of
September 11, 2001? The record of the vote on this article shall be transmitted by the Town of Swanzey to
New Hampshire’s Congressional Delegation. (SUBMITTED BY PETITION)

YES - 267 NO - 675
http://www.town.swanzey.nh.us

Last edited by Mr.Herbert; 10th March 2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10th March 2010, 11:35 AM   #45
bje
Graduate Poster

More:

9/11 article vote results

Published: Wednesday, March 10, 2010
A petition article on several town warrants instructs the state’s congressional delegation to pursue a “new and independent investigation” into the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. Here’s how it fared in local towns:

u Chesterfield: Failed

u Harrisville: Failed

u Marlborough: Failed

u Nelson: Passed over

u Richmond: Passed

u Swanzey: Failed

http://keenesentinel.com/articles/20.../id_393196.txt
Old 10th March 2010, 11:43 AM   #46
bje
Graduate Poster

Quote:
MARLBOROUGH — A sparsely attended town meeting made for a quick night in Marlborough, where residents approved 12 of 14 articles Tuesday.

The exceptions were petition articles on a state constitutional amendment defining marriage, and a resolution asking New Hampshire’s congressional delegation to pursue a new, independent investigation of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on New York and Washington. Both were convincingly defeated by voice votes.

It took 65 residents — 4.3 percent of the town’s 1,528 registered voters — just 80 minutes to take care of business in the Marlborough School gymnasium.
http://www.sentinelsource.com/articl.../ID_393295.txt
Old 10th March 2010, 11:58 AM   #47
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by bje View Post
More:

A petition article on several town warrants instructs the state’s congressional delegation to pursue a “new and independent investigation” into the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. Here’s how it fared in local towns:

Any word from the truther websites??
Old 10th March 2010, 12:26 PM   #48
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

Kudos to NYCCAN for using the lawful democratic process to express their views, wishes, and ideas.

Kudos to the voters in New Hampshire towns for using the lawful democratic process to express their views, wishes, and ideas.

Respectfully,
Myriad
Old 10th March 2010, 12:36 PM   #49
BigAl
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bje View Post
More:

So given that the only town that passed the resolution did so by 3 votes, it failed badly for the entire state.
Dept of Redundancy Dept.
BigAl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2010, 01:51 PM   #50
bje
Graduate Poster

Any word from the truther websites??
Only the sounds of silence...
Old 10th March 2010, 10:58 PM   #51
Arus808
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Kudos to NYCCAN for using the lawful democratic process to express their views, wishes, and ideas.

Kudos to the voters in New Hampshire towns for using the lawful democratic process to express their views, wishes, and ideas.

Respectfully,
Myriad

kudos all around! wait...what goes with kudos....

“Life may begin at 30, but it doesn’t get real interesting until about 150.”
“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”
Arus808 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2010, 11:09 PM   #52
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

My Million Dollar Challenge prediction:

The various CT groups backing this will claim a victory in that in most of the cases where there was a recorded vote, the people supporting the measures represented a respectable minority (20-30% of the votes cast). This will be touted as "the percentage of the population that supports a new investigation", completely ignoring the fact that in most cases, 90+% of the population couldn't even be bothered to give a damn about their proposal either way.
Old 10th March 2010, 11:31 PM   #53
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Thanks for those results, bje and Mr. Herbert.

Originally Posted by Hokulele View Post

The various CT groups backing this will claim a victory in that in most of the cases where there was a recorded vote, the people supporting the measures represented a respectable minority (20-30% of the votes cast). This will be touted as "the percentage of the population that supports a new investigation", completely ignoring the fact that in most cases, 90+% of the population couldn't even be bothered to give a damn about their proposal either way.
Furthermore, truthers will claim that this number means the percentage who believe 9/11 was an inside job.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2010, 03:18 AM   #54
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

Looks like Randi has to write a check:

Originally Posted by ATS Truther

Of the votes reported so far, adding them up, we can get the feel of say the general population I would say.
We have.- 696 for the YES.
And.- 2097 for the NO.

So it´s almost exactly a 3 to 1 ratio. Quite "revealing" wouldn´t you agree??
Old 11th March 2010, 03:53 AM   #55
Sam.I.Am
Illuminator

That falls under the category of "The sun will rise tomorrow".

About my avatar.
Sam.I.Am is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2010, 10:05 AM   #56
roger
Penultimate Amazing

Yay! My home state came through.

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. - John Muir
roger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2010, 10:19 AM   #57
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
What's stopping the "truthers" from doing an investigation? I've asked this before but, none of them ever answer.
Three words: idiots without means.
Old 11th March 2010, 10:26 AM   #58
Lenbrazil
Muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokulele

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATS Truther

Of the votes reported so far, adding them up, we can get the feel of say the general population I would say.
We have.- 696 for the YES.
And.- 2097 for the NO.

So it´s almost exactly a 3 to 1 ratio. Quite "revealing" wouldn´t you agree??
You underestimated the idiotic paranoia of these people. S/he thinks it's suspicious the ration was very close to 3 to 1 and thus presumembly it was fixed, as if it were possible to fix a town hall meeting vote.
Lenbrazil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2010, 11:28 AM   #59
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

*Buffs nails on shirtfront*

When you are good, you are good.
Old 12th March 2010, 10:51 AM   #60
PugsOnAPlane
Student

Richmond, the only town that passed the measure, is the home of the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, a virulently anti-semitic Catholic splinter group. It's also the only town in the state that Ron Paul won in the 2008 Republican primary.
PugsOnAPlane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2010, 10:59 AM   #61
Thunder
Banned

wait.....only ONE town in New Hampshire passed this petition?

just one? another epic Truther fail huh?

Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2010, 11:11 AM   #62
BigAl
Philosopher

Originally Posted by parky76 View Post
wait.....only ONE town in New Hampshire passed this petition?

just one? another epic Truther fail huh?

By 3 votes out of about 100.
Dept of Redundancy Dept.
BigAl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2010, 12:09 PM   #63
TSR
Illuminator

And when you're bad, you're even better

or so I've heard....
TSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2010, 12:19 PM   #64
TruthersLie
This space for rent.

Oh come on... I was soooooo hoping that Deep would be in this thread cheerleading for this.

It isn't NYCCAN'T without deep datamining and taking things out of context. Where are you DEEP? What happened to that NYCCAN'T faith? (I almost put in fail... but I fixed it)

or are you still trying to figure out how less than 1000 people on a petition can total over 1100 signatures with bachelors degrees?
"There are submissions to the Journal of 9/11 Studies, but that's about as convincing as submissions to the Journal of Intelligent Design Studies." –Noam Chomsky (and this can be said of ANY and all twoof papers)
TruthersLie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2010, 12:23 PM   #65
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Keene turned it down? That's gonna leave a mark.

Has anyone broke this news to Bill Smith? Didn't he claim this was going to "snowball into an avalanche" of support nation wide?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2010, 12:25 PM   #66
Thunder
Banned

no doubt, the mountain of support for 9-11 Truth in New Hampshire, will lead to a nation-wide push for a new investigation!!!!!

Old 12th March 2010, 12:29 PM   #67
TruthersLie
This space for rent.

DGM...

Just like a truther to leave out several key words in their datamining
"snowball into an avalanche" in Hell.
"There are submissions to the Journal of 9/11 Studies, but that's about as convincing as submissions to the Journal of Intelligent Design Studies." –Noam Chomsky (and this can be said of ANY and all twoof papers)
TruthersLie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2010, 10:31 PM   #68
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Latest updates from the NYCCAN'T site:

http://voteforanswersnh.com/richmond...resolution.php
"Among the four towns that have yet to vote, Barnstead will vote on Saturday, March 13, and Peterborough, Stoddard and Hanover will vote on May 11."

http://www.nyccan.org/join.php

And from their email newsletter today:

"“Building What?!” is a phone and fax campaign aimed at helping the New York City Council become aware of the collapse of World Trade Center Building 7, and amplifying the request from more than one thousand architects and engineers that a new investigation be opened into the collapse of this building.

To make this campaign a success we will need your involvement and the involvement of every American who refuses to stand for the unscientific Building 7 report handed down by NIST. For 17 business days starting on Monday, March 15, we will channel the energy and strength of our movement into one voice to ensure that every member of the New York City Council will no longer be oblivious to the mysterious collapse of World Trade Center Building 7. Each morning, NYC CAN will send out an action alert asking you to phone or fax three city council members for that day until we reach all 51 council members. Thousands of phone calls and faxes will reinforce and pave the way for NYC CAN’s ongoing meetings with individual council members."

New investigation -> mysterious collapse -> controlled demoliton. Who called that?
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2010, 10:38 PM   #69
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Oh, more from the newsletter, since it's fun to see such FAILures' aims:

Quote:
While devoting intense effort to getting the remaining resolutions passed in Barnstead, Peterborough, Stoddard and Hanover, the dedicated activists in the Monadnock 9/11 Truth Alliance and other parts of New Hampshire will use the foundation they have built to begin pursuing three new endeavors: 1) working with the Keene City Council and other City Councils to pass similar resolutions, 2) working with State Representatives to introduce a similar resolution in the State House of Representatives that would be voted on in early 2011, and 3) organizing to expand Vote For Answers New Hampshire to several dozen towns in 2011.

On the national front, NYC CAN will push forward with ballot initiatives in other states where voters can petition for non-binding resolutions to be on the ballot. In states where laws prevent voters from petitioning for non-binding resolutions, we will work with supportive elected officials to place resolutions on local ballots directly, without petitioning, or for city councils to pass resolutions on their own.

NYC CAN’s top ballot initiative priority is Boston, where a feasible sum of 3,600 signatures will allow for non-binding “public policy questions” to be placed on ballots in all 18 Massachusetts House of Representatives Districts located in Boston (200 signatures are needed per district). There are also opportunities to petition for resolutions in Detroit and in cities throughout Wisconsin, and a number of cities across the country present opportunities for city councils to place resolutions directly on the ballot.
Old 13th March 2010, 01:31 AM   #70
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by orphia nay View Post
"Among the four towns that have yet to vote, Barnstead will vote on Saturday, March 13, and Peterborough, Stoddard and Hanover will vote on May 11."
Populations according to the 2000 US Census:

Barnstead: 3886
Peterborough: 5883
Stoddard: 928
Hanover: 10,850

9/11 Truth is really hitting the Big Time soon, isn't it?
Old 13th March 2010, 02:05 AM   #71
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
Populations according to the 2000 US Census:

Barnstead: 3886
Peterborough: 5883
Stoddard: 928
Hanover: 10,850

9/11 Truth is really hitting the Big Time soon, isn't it?

We really need Bill Smith to put the spin on that, to put the cherry on the top of those delicious lulz.
Old 13th March 2010, 04:54 AM   #72
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Quote:
NYC CAN’s top ballot initiative priority is Boston, where a feasible sum of 3,600 signatures will allow for non-binding “public policy questions” to be placed on ballots in all 18 Massachusetts House of Representatives Districts located in Boston (200 signatures are needed per district). There are also opportunities to petition for resolutions in Detroit and in cities throughout Wisconsin, and a number of cities across the country present opportunities for city councils to place resolutions directly on the ballot.
They haven't got a snowballs chance in hell of getting anywhere with this in Boston. Richard Gage spoke in Cambridge (a church in Harvard square) in the middle of a street festival (thousands of people) and only managed to get 85 people to attend. Anyone that knows that area (we affectionately call it the "Peoples Republic of Cambridge") knows if you can't get support there you won't get it anywhere in Massachusetts.

I smell another epic failure (most likely a non-start) on the horizon.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2010, 02:30 PM   #73
Cheap Shot
Critical Thinker

For those of you who don't know Boston Center is located in Nashua, NH. I have had the opportunity to travel through Richmond NH, where it was passed, they do have a blinking yellow light, that's about it. When Thoreau travled through New Hampshire, I'm sure the "Road Less Traveled" was know where near Richmond, NH.
Old 14th March 2010, 02:32 PM   #74
Thunder
Banned

I think Truthers would get their asses kicked in Boston. And I would laugh.
Old 14th March 2010, 03:11 PM   #75
tsig
a carbon based life-form

*Buffs nails on shirtfront*

delete

Last edited by tsig; 14th March 2010 at 03:27 PM.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2010, 05:34 PM   #76
bje
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
For those of you who don't know Boston Center is located in Nashua, NH. I have had the opportunity to travel through Richmond NH, where it was passed, they do have a blinking yellow light, that's about it. When Thoreau travled through New Hampshire, I'm sure the "Road Less Traveled" was know where near Richmond, NH.
I thinks there's a sign at the intersection, also:

"Welcome to Richmond, come again."
Old 15th March 2010, 01:01 AM   #77
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

Fun withe truther logic!

The Vote For Answers resolution instructing New Hampshire’s congressional delegation “to pursue a new and independent investigation to address thoroughly all of the evidence and unanswered questions related to the events of September 11, 2001” passed 48 to 45 in Richmond (52% in favor).

To our disappointment seven other towns voted down the resolutions, however, the overall percentage of votes in favor (in towns where exact results were recorded) was 23%. In referendums on social issues that depend more on values than awareness of the facts, 77% to 23% might be a landslide. However, because of the painful implications of 9/11 not being what we were told, and the media blackout on critical examination of the official 9/11 account, about 1 in 4 voters calling for a new 9/11 investigation is an accomplishment we can be proud of – it shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that questioning 9/11 is anything but fringe.

http://world911truth.org/us-town-pas...investigation/

somehow because they got 1/4 of the voters from a group of towns with whopping populations from 600-6000 makes truth more than fringe.

ETA: Why do these guys keep saying "media blackout" when every time they post a video it's Gage on some show spewing his woo? I guess by "blackout" they mean "WAAAAH! WHY IS THERE NO 24 HOUR TRUTH CHANNEL!?".

Last edited by grandmastershek; 15th March 2010 at 01:07 AM.
grandmastershek is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2010, 11:46 AM   #78
Lenbrazil
Muse

Originally Posted by grandmastershek View Post
Fun withe truther logic!

The Vote For Answers resolution instructing New Hampshire’s congressional delegation “to pursue a new and independent investigation to address thoroughly all of the evidence and unanswered questions related to the events of September 11, 2001” passed 48 to 45 in Richmond (52% in favor).

To our disappointment seven other towns voted down the resolutions, however, the overall percentage of votes in favor (in towns where exact results were recorded) was 23%. In referendums on social issues that depend more on values than awareness of the facts, 77% to 23% might be a landslide. However, because of the painful implications of 9/11 not being what we were told, and the media blackout on critical examination of the official 9/11 account, about 1 in 4 voters calling for a new 9/11 investigation is an accomplishment we can be proud of – it shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that questioning 9/11 is anything but fringe.

http://world911truth.org/us-town-pas...investigation/

somehow because they got 1/4 of the voters from a group of towns with whopping populations from 600-6000 makes truth more than fringe.
If the town hall meetings represented a representative cross section of each towns population they might have a point but in each case only a small minority of residents could've been bothered to show up. The yes voters normally came out to about 5% or less of each town's eligible voters which is what polls tell us is the portion of the population who believes in MIHOP, CD and no plane at the Pentagon etc. Obviously truthers were a lot more motivated to go then normal people.

Last edited by Lenbrazil; 15th March 2010 at 11:48 AM.
Lenbrazil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2010, 01:47 AM   #79
Orphia Nay
Tagger

NYCCAN'T's latest email relates to their "Building What?" phone/fax campaign, and is posted in full here:

http://911blogger.com/node/22924

An excerpt:

Quote:
The Script

We have three points to make:

1) A third building called World Trade Center Building 7 also collapsed on September 11th. This building housed the Office of Emergency Management’s Emergency Operations Center.

2) The federal government issued a report saying that office fires caused this building to collapse, however, there is overwhelming physical and testimonial evidence that this building was brought down with the use of explosives.

3) In response, 1,100 architects and engineers have signed a petition calling for a new investigation because the federal government’s report is deeply flawed and unscientific.
NYCCAN'T is showing its true truthy colours. Most of the time, they've just ranted on about wanting a new investigation, but this shows they are CD nuts through-and-through.
Old 17th March 2010, 12:22 AM   #80
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Quote:
Barnstead have had their say:

Quote:
The following articles failed:

[...]

-Article 29, a petitioned article asking voters to send a resolution to New Hampshire's Congressional delegation calling for a new investigation into the events of Sept. 11, 2001.
http://www.meredithnhnews.com/Articl...Barnstead.html

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories