ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags predictions , psychic predictions

Old 31st December 2009, 09:31 PM   #1
Graham2001
Graduate Poster

2010 predictions from "The Morning Show"

I caught the following while channel hopping this morning. The program in question "The Morning Show" (Channel 7 (Australia 09:00 - 11:00) is standard morning talk show fare, pseudo-news mixed with thinly disguised infomercials.

They had some 'celebrity psychic' whose name escaped me (did anyone else in Australia catch the segment) making predictions for the coming year. These are the ones that stood out:

1. The Global Financial Crisis will get better either in April or in association with the number 4.

2. Obama will be great comfort to the people of the world following a major event (presumably bad).

3. A 'vision' of an ocean liner under water or lots of people drowning (Associated with 'Titanic').

4. A 'black cloud' hanging over Buckingham Palace.

5. Summer is going to be extraordinarily long and then the weather is going to 'go haywire'.

I did not have a chance to record the segment so these are from memory, I'm not sure if they give out transcripts, so I'm hoping someone else in Australia caught the segment and fill out the rest of the list.

Everybody gets it wrong sometimes...
Graham2001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2010, 12:37 AM   #2
Jonquill
Critical Thinker

Mitchell Coombes

You can watch it here http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-morning-show/video/#fop

Yuck!

This dude.

http://www.mitchellcoombes.com/

Last edited by Jonquill; 1st January 2010 at 12:38 AM.
Jonquill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2010, 02:00 AM   #3
Graham2001
Graduate Poster

Thanks

Originally Posted by Jonquill View Post
Mitchell Coombes

Yuck!
Agreed, that was just awful. A lot of hedging of bets there, especially in the 'sunken ship' prediction this guy(?) basically says it might happen this year or next year or the year after which, is no prediction at all.

The celebrity stuff is the usual nonsense, it'll be interesting to look at this at the end of the year and see what can be twisted to fit.

FWIW here is the full list as an update to the one in the OP:

1. Mining sector will do well.

2. Economy goes up in April.

3. Summer will be longest ever, followed by really bizarre weather.

4. Cruise liner sinking or passengers drowning. No specific time-frame (eg any time after this year)

5. 'Black Cloud' over Buckingham Palace.

6. Obama gives great comfort after a major event (Bad)

7. Nicole Kidman/Keith Urban will have another child either through adoption or pregnancy (Male).

8. Brangalina relationship stronger than ever. No marriage

9. Mystery Man in Jennifer Annistons life.

Everybody gets it wrong sometimes...

Last edited by Graham2001; 1st January 2010 at 02:06 AM.
Graham2001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal