ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 

Notices


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , Bob Gimlin , Bob Heironimus , Patterson-Gimlin film , Roger Patterson

Reply
Old 8th March 2010, 02:17 PM   #481
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 15,541
So Kit, when will you put in a call to this Musky?

__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 03:23 PM   #482
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,151
Originally Posted by SweatyYeti View Post
Look at that...kitakaze NEEDS to 'make a deal' to post his analysis.

Well........I don't! I can post my analysis..........anytime I want.
Showing the errors in your elbow foo foo is easy. Half of it has already been done for me. It would take five minutes in Paint to dress it up in scribbles and throw a bunch of emoticons around it to make it comprehensible to you. I offered to do it first. All you had to do was type Y E S. The hard part is trying to get a Bigfoot fanatic to behave in a normal manner. Tell me this, Sweaty, if you won't address a person's simple and relevant question pertaining to Bob Heironimus, why should anybody waste the time on addressing your questions? Why talk with someone who refuses to have a normal conversation with you where the points and questions from both parties are addressed?

Do you think there is a single person reading this thread, skeptic or proponent, that isn't thinking your evasion is obvious? When you said that you would never refuse to answer questions about Bigfoot evidence, you were flatly lying. You refuse to discuss simple questions about Bob Heironimus' connection to Patterson and Gimlin.

You, Sweaty, are an intellectual coward and everyone knows it. Every time you dodge simple questions, it only emphasizes your cowardice to readers. I invite every single person who doesn't think Sweaty is a cowardly fanatic to post and say so. It won't happen.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 03:33 PM   #483
GT/CS
Illuminator
 
GT/CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,098
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Showing the errors in your elbow foo foo is easy. Half of it has already been done for me. It would take five minutes in Paint to dress it up in scribbles and throw a bunch of emoticons around it to make it comprehensible to you. I offered to do it first. All you had to do was type Y E S. The hard part is trying to get a Bigfoot fanatic to behave in a normal manner. Tell me this, Sweaty, if you won't address a person's simple and relevant question pertaining to Bob Heironimus, why should anybody waste the time on addressing your questions? Why talk with someone who refuses to have a normal conversation with you where the points and questions from both parties are addressed?

Do you think there is a single person reading this thread, skeptic or proponent, that isn't thinking your evasion is obvious? When you said that you would never refuse to answer questions about Bigfoot evidence, you were flatly lying. You refuse to discuss simple questions about Bob Heironimus' connection to Patterson and Gimlin.

You, Sweaty, are an intellectual coward and everyone knows it. Every time you dodge simple questions, it only emphasizes your cowardice to readers. I invite every single person who doesn't think Sweaty is a cowardly fanatic to post and say so. It won't happen.
My guess is most of us have him on ignore. Life seems to be much more pleasant that way.
__________________
SweatyYeti or Bill Munns would be my vote for looking at this - BFSleuth @ BFF
I've got plenty of common sense! I just choose to ignore it. - Calvin; October 15, 1986
GT/CS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 03:46 PM   #484
Bill Munns
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 449
WP:

"Where does Bob Heironimus' confession get placed in your evidence ratings? Where does Gimlin's "it was a Bigfoot" get placed in your evidence ratings?

If Gimlin were to confess tomorrow, with no physical evidence to prove the hoax (basically the same as BH), where would his confession get placed in your evidence ratings? IOW, do you reject BG's confession because (according to your research of physical evidence) the film does not show a guy in a costume?

Again, since a Gimlin confession would be "in his own words", you would place his confession in the third category (less reliable)? "


Any testimony by any person is in the third category, be it Bob G. Bob H. or others.



"You are being paid for your analysis. You've even mentioned stopping or slowing your analysis because cash flowing to you stopped or slowed. Is this the category of evidence that your own work should be placed? Less reliable because money is involved?

Have you been satisfied with the amount of money Doug Hajicek and others have paid you for your various works in showing that Patty is not a person in a costume? Do you think they should have been paying you more? "


You are wrong. I am not being paid for my analysis!

I have only been paid for physical items fabricated for illustration or demonstration, or for computer graphics illustrating ideas, which is what I do professionally and have been doing for the last 40 years.

Scientific evidence in the first category (most reliable) does entail cost or expense. So money is involved in even the most reliable evidence, and thus money is not a factor in whether evidence is more or less reliable. That is why most researchers and scientists apply for grants and other funding, because their scientific research does in fact cost money and thus they must get sponsorship to do their research. My research efforts are the same. Some things, like buying or renting film cameras, buying film stock, getting it processed, travel expenses to places where film copies are and can be scanned, purchasing specialized software for computer analysis, etc. all costs money, and a researcher aspiring to do these things needs some funding source.

Your failure to comprehend this is discouraging, to say the least.



"You must understand that this is only true in a certain limited sense. Bob Gimlin will not allow himself to be investigated. He refuses interviews. Given the circumstances, this is generally a clear indication that something is wrong. Deeply wrong. A guy claims to film an unusual creature, generally regarded as mythical, and he won't freely talk about it. That is a red flag.

Do you understand the serious problem created by Bob Gimlin and his refusal to cooperate? Does it frustrate you in your search for answers about the PGF, or are you fine with that?


Bob Gimlin has been interviewed multiple times over the last 42 years, and he is being investigated with unrelenting determination by skeptical people. You and others in this forum quote from his interviews repeatedly. You are simply unhappy because the investigation of him can't be held on your terms.

I have explained enough times over the past two years why the focus of my research is on the film data itself, and other physical materials and properties, and why such is independent of personal testimony, and you still don't get it, so it appears further dialogue with you is hopeless.

Each time I venture into this forum, with some hope that i will find iltelligent dialogues with logical people, I never cease to be disappointed by the failures of people to comprehend what they read or what has been described.

You and I will obviously never see 'eye to eye' on this debate, or even establish a foundation for any meaningful dialogue. Lacking that foundation, the remarks and replies just go round and round in circles. Seems a waste of time, so why bother.

Signing out.

Bill,
Bill Munns is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 03:59 PM   #485
SweatyYeti
Illuminator
 
SweatyYeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,915
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Showing the errors in your elbow foo foo is easy. Half of it has already been done for me. It would take five minutes in Paint to dress it up in scribbles and throw a bunch of emoticons around it to make it comprehensible to you. I offered to do it first. All you had to do was type Y E S. The hard part is trying to get a Bigfoot fanatic to behave in a normal manner. Tell me this, Sweaty, if you won't address a person's simple and relevant question pertaining to Bob Heironimus, why should anybody waste the time on addressing your questions? Why talk with someone who refuses to have a normal conversation with you where the points and questions from both parties are addressed?

Do you think there is a single person reading this thread, skeptic or proponent, that isn't thinking your evasion is obvious? When you said that you would never refuse to answer questions about Bigfoot evidence, you were flatly lying. You refuse to discuss simple questions about Bob Heironimus' connection to Patterson and Gimlin.

You, Sweaty, are an intellectual coward and everyone knows it. Every time you dodge simple questions, it only emphasizes your cowardice to readers. I invite every single person who doesn't think Sweaty is a cowardly fanatic to post and say so. It won't happen.

Patty's extreme 'elbow-reach' TRUMPS all of your gobbledy-gook, posted above.


Sorry.



BY DA WAY.......

I see you still can't SHOW where, and to what extent, there are any errors in that upper-arm comparison....and, also, in the measurements of Patty's extreme elbow-reach.

Keep up the good work, kitz!
__________________
The wisdom of Diogenes....
"So far, I am not aware of any evidence which indicates with any degree of likeliness, however small, that Bigfoot creatures exist....anywhere in the world."

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 04:50 PM   #486
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,151
Originally Posted by SweatyYeti View Post
Patty's extreme 'elbow-reach' TRUMPS all of your gobbledy-gook, posted above.


Sorry.
Sweaty, what is untrue in the following posts and why?...

Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Sure, OK, Sweaty. Let's say for argument's sake it does. What it does not change that what you call gobbledy-gook are actually facts. Surely if you are so confident, you don't need to refuse to discuss the facts I'm pointing out there.

These are the houses of Gimlin and Heironimus...

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...pictureid=2273

They have lived there since before the film was shot. Why is it that the only person who has ever claimed to be Patty is friends and neighbours with Gimlin? Gimlin could have sued Heironimus silly after Long's book came out. Why didn't he? Patty Patterson could have, also. Why didn't she? They didn't have an elbow analysis to cling to. They should have sued his butt off.

Why is it that BH could pass two well documented polygraphs when speaking about his involvement with his friend, Gimlin? He doesn't seem to be a pathological liar. He doesn't have a history of scamming people beyond his claim to be in the suit, if he was lying. He rides his horses and fixes up old Chevy's. How does he ace two polygraphs?

And he told me himself that he was with Gimlin at a horse show only two weeks ago, and that they didn't discuss Bigfoot. Should I doubt that? Why should I doubt that?

Have your trump and let's talk about this if your so confident. What's there to be afraid of? You always tell me I can't handle reality, Sweaty, but what I'm asking you about now is reality. No matter what you believe your pictures show, those things I am discussing are facts. So can you handle discussing those facts?
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Here are some more important and highly relevant questions every reader here knows you will refuse to answer...

If Bob lied about being Patty, why when Greg Long first spoke with Bob on the phone did he deny any involvement in or knowledge of the Bigfoot documentary Patterson made? He was in that. There's no denying it. There he is on camera. He was in Patterson's film and friends with both him and Gimlin. If he was trying to fake being Patty, why did he try to hide it when some writer came looking for the truth?

Why did he deny to Greg Long that he ever associated with Patterson? Why did he deny that he was the man in the suit? Why did he say to Long when confronted with the facts of his involvement hat he could not discuss it yet, until he spoke with a lawyer? Why did he advise Long to speak with Gimlin because he knew more?
Please let us know.

Quote:
BY DA WAY.......

I see you still can't SHOW where, and to what extent, there are any errors in that upper-arm comparison....and, also, in the measurements of Patty's extreme elbow-reach.

Keep up the good work, kitz!
As I have explained, I will gladly post what you are asking for if you agree to engage in honest discussion and address my issues that I have raised. It is a matter of honesty and simple fairness. Will you agree to answer my questions? If so, I will proceed to show where and to what extent the errors in your graphics are. I will even go first without waiting for your answers.

Two or three letters for you to type - Y E S or N O.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 05:07 PM   #487
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,151
Bit of news.

Tom Biscardi has contacted me and asked me to appear on the Bigfoot Live radio show this Wednesday from 7-8pm pst to discuss my PGF/Bigfoot investigations. I haven't agreed yet but said I would like to if I am available.

BTW, Tom's Vegas music show is called Rock n' Roll 2 Soul and will be at the Palace Station Casino starting tonight, March 8th, 2010 from 7 pm and will be showing every night until Saturday. It is billed as an EXPLOSION of entertainment. All ages, general admission. Tickets are $34.95.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


Well, now I know where the Hummer and the 'Vette came from.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 05:15 PM   #488
Vortigern99
Philosopher
 
Vortigern99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,884
Sweaty, are you incapable of grasping that the head moves up and down on a vertical axis? That the elbow joint can remain fixed while the head moves up or down? That the eyeline is entrenched in the mass of the head? That a face-mask will distort where the apparent eyeline is? That a suit would distort or even obscure entirely where the apparent limb joints are? That differences in camera and developing lenses, horizon line, degree of foreshortening, and degree of digital "squashing" or lengthening combine to render valueless all comparisons that fail to take these differences into account?

Originally Posted by SweatyYeti View Post
Patty's extreme 'elbow-reach' TRUMPS all of your gobbledy-gook, posted above.


Sorry.



BY DA WAY.......

I see you still can't SHOW where, and to what extent, there are any errors in that upper-arm comparison....and, also, in the measurements of Patty's extreme elbow-reach.

Keep up the good work, kitz!
__________________
"I'm 'willing to admit' any fact that can be shown to be evidential and certain." -- Vortigern99

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 06:39 PM   #489
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,151
Originally Posted by Bill Munns View Post
Bob Gimlin has been interviewed multiple times over the last 42 years, and he is being investigated with unrelenting determination by skeptical people. You and others in this forum quote from his interviews repeatedly. You are simply unhappy because the investigation of him can't be held on your terms.
Hi, Bill. I hope I didn't catch you cranky. I think it is absolutely fine for you to seek funding for your research into the PGF. I know I would love to have the costs of my investigation covered, whether it is from a production company or publishing house. I doubt that would happen. Ideally, what I would want is about two weeks in Yakima - travel between Yakima and Victoria (ferry, car rental, bus, plane, whatever), accommodation at a hotel close to South 90th and Ahtanum (one with a pool and the dirty channels, please), medical bills from getting clobbered on the head by Judy Gimlin, food (do they have Korean barbeque in Yakima?), that sort of thing. I already have the recording equipment. I would need a camera man. GT offered to do it. We can sort out the pay with him. Don't be cheap, please. Oh yeah, and somebody would need to pick up the tab when we go for bowling and beers with Bob (Heironimus, I mean. Gimlin is just going to be a stick in the mud).

Hey, journalism ain't cheap. OMFG, I just had the best idea. Wouldn't it be the most fall-down, slap-your-forehead-with-your-hand piece of irony if I set up this whole thing with Tom Biscardi doing the funding? Wouldn't you just fall right back out of your seat and roll around the floor cursing? The guy who put the Georgia Boyz hoax together working with an internet Bigfoot skeptic on an investigation exposing the PGF hoax... Sweet Fancy Moses, what a riot that would be.

But, no, seriously, yeah, I'm probably going to have to pay for the whole thing myself, which is not going to be cheap, so I would certainly put 110% of my effort into making sure that I had something thorough and something that people would be glued to, and that something I would be taking for promotion and distribution to people who I could negotiate with and not get screwed. I'll say it straight - I have no doubt Bob Heironimus was Patty and I want to see him get the recognition and the cash money dollar bills he deserves for being screwed. At the very least, he deserves whatever $1000 in 1967 would be now, but certainly much more based on how the film has been used over the last four decades.

Anyway, you go, you do your thing. If you can get camera rentals and tripods, software, whatever, paid for, you go for it. You won't see me accusing you of pumping the PGF for cash.

Quote:
Each time I venture into this forum, with some hope that i will find iltelligent dialogues with logical people, I never cease to be disappointed by the failures of people to comprehend what they read or what has been described.
I wish you wouldn't do that. It's like exactly why Bigfooters hate Greg Long so much. You take your irritation at William Parcher, one guy, says and project it onto everyone at the JREF in this big sweeping generalization. What's with that? You're calling everyone here illiterate morons, essentially. You know, someone could turn right around and point out the irony of someone who writes "hope that i will find iltelligent dialogues". It's not going to be me, though. I won't be that guy. I type like a chicken is pecking the keyboard while I try to type with oven mitts on when I get wrapped up in something. I just cringe and try to do better next time.

Anyway, easy on the generalizing insults, please. I know you're smarter than that. There are lots of extremely bright people here. WP is one of them and knowing WP, I don't think it's inappropriate to discuss the money angle. FWIW, I really don't think monetary profit has any roll in your motivation for researching the PGF. I would say it has a lot more to do with respect and doing the renaissance man thing and the spirit of investigation. I can really identify with that last one there. Anyway, I know you're convinced the PGF is real. You've been convinced it's real for decades now. You've been on record saying it's real since at least 2001.

You're going into this trying to prove what you think is true. In that sense, you're no different than me. I am convinced now that the film is a hoax. I used to swear it was real and now I'm sure it's not. I have crazy motivation about the PGF. I want more than anything for that bull$#!% magnet to be put to rest and recognized for what it truly is - a wonderful piece of Americana and nothing to do with zoology at all.

Bill, we're connected in this PGF thing whether you like it or not. I would like for you to drop in anytime you want. If WP's or anyone else irks you with their commentary or questions, just click ignore or whatever. Don't just go off in a grumpy huff like an incensed 12 year old calling everybody stupid. Why not stick around,? You're reading it, anyway.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 07:04 PM   #490
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,151
Originally Posted by Vortigern99 View Post
Sweaty, are you incapable of grasping that the head moves up and down on a vertical axis? (snip)
Originally Posted by Vortigern99 View Post
Sweaty, are you incapable of grasping that the head moves up and down on a vertical axis? (snip)
Originally Posted by Vortigern99 View Post
Sweaty, are you incapable of grasping that the head moves up and down on a vertical axis? (snip)
Originally Posted by SweatyYeti View Post
Patty's extreme 'elbow-reach' TRUMPS all of your gobbledy-gook, posted above.


Sorry.
Originally Posted by SweatyYeti View Post
Patty's extreme 'elbow-reach' TRUMPS all of your gobbledy-gook, posted above.


Sorry.
Originally Posted by SweatyYeti View Post
Patty's extreme 'elbow-reach' TRUMPS all of your gobbledy-gook, posted above.


Sorry.
Aaaaaaahhh, god... Fork in my eyes. FORK IN MY EYES! You know you've reached a communication breakdown when the conversation devolves into throwing copypasta around the room. Vort, I'm not blaming you. Unfortunately, we have a person here in his 50's who's acting like he's in his teens. Now, you weren't around for this, but there was a time when we used to think Sweaty a little mak kid. I know it's hard to believe, but yeah, it's true.

How ridiculous is it when you have a grown man behaving this way? It's like he's incapable of understanding the most basic concept of discussion. Sweaty is simply mentally unequiped to deal with a real conversation with adults in which you don't simply talk at people and fire a barrage of giant coloured text and smiley faces at them, while completely ignoring and running away from they say to you.

I can just see Sweaty at home with his family...

Woman! My porkchop TRUMPS your broccoli! Son! my bowel movement TRUMPS your shower! Dog! My newspaper TRUMPS your bowel movement! Now then, I'm off to take A TRUMP!
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6

Last edited by kitakaze; 8th March 2010 at 08:02 PM.
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 07:37 PM   #491
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,151
I'm thinking it is about time to create a Kitakaze blog or website to serve as a central point on the internet for my research and investigation into the PGF and all things Bigfoot. I'm also thinking to start a thread here at the JREF to ask for advice. Maybe it is more appropriate for the Community section, but I would like to put it here in GS&P. I've done tons of graphic design work associated with music, but I can't pretend to be any kind of web design wizard.

I'd appreciate any feedback from people more experienced than I am with this kind of thing.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 07:51 PM   #492
RayG
Master Poster
 
RayG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,526
Blog advice: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=168766

RayG
__________________
Tell ya what. I'll hold my tongue as long as you stick to facts.
--------------------
Scrutatio Et Quaestio
RayG is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 07:53 PM   #493
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 10,368
Originally Posted by Bill Munns View Post
Your failure to comprehend this is discouraging, to say the least.

Bill Munns. Earth to Bill Munns. We are talking about a giant hairy bipedal walking apeman monster that you are arguing lives in our woods. That is pretty much insane and absurd to think we have that going on and only Internet dorks like me have enough common sense to argue against it. Do you understand what you are arguing for? Forget the money for a moment. Think about this, Bill.

You aren't simply arguing that Patty doesn't look like a guy in a costume. You are essentially (and this is important) arguing that an unknown primate of great stature lives right here in our forests. A giant hominoid that nobody can kill and nobody can find dead. That is very crazy thinking, Bill. It's not unrecognized soaring intellect. It's upside-down wonky batpoop ideas. Do you understand what kooky thinking is about?


Quote:
You and I will obviously never see 'eye to eye' on this debate, or even establish a foundation for any meaningful dialogue. Lacking that foundation, the remarks and replies just go round and round in circles. Seems a waste of time, so why bother.

Signing out.

Bill Munns... let me tell you something. Bigfoot does not exist. It didn't exist in October 1967 either. Your rulers, pixel counts and special software doesn't change a thing. This creature is a folk tale. It isn't out there living in the wild and scratching out an existence while hiding from everything that could confirm it. Bigfoot is maybe a mind trap. A seductive trap that will ensnare folks like you and even others too.

How can you do this, Bill. How can you go ahead with the conviction that Bigfoot is out there? Are you detached from the natural world? Are you living in such urban seclusion that you have not yet been enlightened into what does not live in our forests yet?

Have you been cooped up inside a studio so long that you have a disconnect from the natural world of North America?
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 08:01 PM   #494
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,151
Originally Posted by RayG View Post
High five, Ray.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 08:35 PM   #495
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,151
Originally Posted by SweatyYeti View Post
Heironimus does the interviews because he's still making his case...and, he has the benefit of 'general acceptance'....since people, (again, for the most part)....have a pre-judgement, concerning Bigfoot's existence...i.e...."it cannot exist".

Heirony talks....people accept.
I don't think the average reasonably intelligent person, were they to spend more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot, would say the Bigfoot can not exist. I think most reasonably intelligent people with any knowledge of the natural world would say that Bigfoot does not exist because they don't adhere to the reality of all other animals large and small in North America. That would be that no matter how few of them there are or how remote their habitat is, they do get dead and studied by us. Most rational people don't believe in Bigfoot because hey, where the heck is it?

You don't have a living, eating, breeding, pooping great big animal walking around in New York, Arkansas, Nova Scotia, New Mexico, everywhere and not be dead and dissected somewhere. That's just insanity. That's what you believe and there is something very wrong with your grasp on reality. You have some kind of creduloid crack running through your veins. You think UFO's are being shot at in our orbit. You think there are ruins of civilization on Mars and that they are connected to civilizations here on Earth. You think Bigfoot walks from coast to coast. Do you smell burnt toast?

Now as for Heironimus still making his case, let's see if you can struggle with this. He's not continuing to make his case. As far as he's concerned, he came out with the truth and screw the whackos that don't believe him, there's better things to do than get caught up in their bizarro worlds. He has a beautiful '55 Chevy to work on, horses to tend to and see, a wonderful wife, Glenda, a 90 year old wonderful mother, Opal, who still drives around by herself, grandchildren, and bowling to do in the evenings. Still making his case my ass.

Hello, Sweaty. Hi there. Got the lights on in there? When Greg Long first came to Heironimus after all his invesigations in Yakima and elsewhere led him to Bob, Bob tried to cover for Patterson. He denied being in Roger's documentary and when asked about being in the suit he denied it. He got all screwed up and defensive when Long presented him with what he knew and tried to cover over his inconsistencies. He wasn't trying to make his case then, man, he was trying to hide his case. Nope. Not me. Don't know nuthin'.

You haven't a single clue what you're talking about. Fortean addiction's got you all messed up.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 10:09 PM   #496
Vortigern99
Philosopher
 
Vortigern99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,884
Kit, will you kindly stop beating around the bush, and deliver those bombshells you've been promising since last night?
__________________
"I'm 'willing to admit' any fact that can be shown to be evidential and certain." -- Vortigern99

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 10:51 PM   #497
SweatyYeti
Illuminator
 
SweatyYeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,915
kitakaze wrote:
Quote:
You think there are ruins of civilization on Mars and that they are connected to civilizations here on Earth.

Yup! CRAZY...ain't it?!
__________________
The wisdom of Diogenes....
"So far, I am not aware of any evidence which indicates with any degree of likeliness, however small, that Bigfoot creatures exist....anywhere in the world."

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 10:57 PM   #498
SweatyYeti
Illuminator
 
SweatyYeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,915
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
I don't think the average reasonably intelligent person, were they to spend more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot, would say the Bigfoot can not exist. I think most reasonably intelligent people with any knowledge of the natural world would say that Bigfoot does not exist because they don't adhere to the reality of all other animals large and small in North America. That would be that no matter how few of them there are or how remote their habitat is, they do get dead and studied by us. Most rational people don't believe in Bigfoot because hey, where the heck is it?

You don't have a living, eating, breeding, pooping great big animal walking around in New York, Arkansas, Nova Scotia, New Mexico, everywhere and not be dead and dissected somewhere. That's just insanity. That's what you believe and there is something very wrong with your grasp on reality. You have some kind of creduloid crack running through your veins. You think UFO's are being shot at in our orbit. You think there are ruins of civilization on Mars and that they are connected to civilizations here on Earth. You think Bigfoot walks from coast to coast. Do you smell burnt toast?

Now as for Heironimus still making his case, let's see if you can struggle with this. He's not continuing to make his case. As far as he's concerned, he came out with the truth and screw the whackos that don't believe him, there's better things to do than get caught up in their bizarro worlds. He has a beautiful '55 Chevy to work on, horses to tend to and see, a wonderful wife, Glenda, a 90 year old wonderful mother, Opal, who still drives around by herself, grandchildren, and bowling to do in the evenings. Still making his case my ass.

Hello, Sweaty. Hi there. Got the lights on in there? When Greg Long first came to Heironimus after all his invesigations in Yakima and elsewhere led him to Bob, Bob tried to cover for Patterson. He denied being in Roger's documentary and when asked about being in the suit he denied it. He got all screwed up and defensive when Long presented him with what he knew and tried to cover over his inconsistencies. He wasn't trying to make his case then, man, he was trying to hide his case. Nope. Not me. Don't know nuthin'.

You haven't a single clue what you're talking about. Fortean addiction's got you all messed up.

Still can't do anything about that upper-arm comparison...and Patty's 'elbow-reach' measurements, eh???

Do you think you ever will be able too, kitz?


I'm still adding to my 'elbow-reach' analysis....and, it's looking bleaker and bleaker for Heironimus, as the numbers continue to 'come in'.


Thanks for the family news on him, though. He's a fortunate man.
__________________
The wisdom of Diogenes....
"So far, I am not aware of any evidence which indicates with any degree of likeliness, however small, that Bigfoot creatures exist....anywhere in the world."

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 11:24 PM   #499
SweatyYeti
Illuminator
 
SweatyYeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,915
kitakaze wrote:
Quote:
a real conversation with adults...

Vort wrote:

Originally Posted by Vortigern99 View Post
That differences in camera and developing lenses, horizon line, degree of foreshortening, and degree of digital "squashing" or lengthening combine to render valueless all comparisons that fail to take these differences into account?


Here we have the ESSENCE of the "REAL conversations" that kitakaze is claiming exist on this board....ANY and ALL evidence for Bigfoot's existence is deemed...


"valueless"


.... by the "critical thinkers" here, hosting these...


..."real conversations".




But wait....there's more......



William Parcher wrote:

Quote:
Bill Munns... let me tell you something. Bigfoot does not exist. It didn't exist in October 1967 either.
kitakaze wrote:

..."real conversations"...


kitakaze wrote:
Quote:
You don't have a living, eating, breeding, pooping great big animal walking around in New York, Arkansas, Nova Scotia, New Mexico, everywhere and not be dead and dissected somewhere.

That's just insanity.

That's what you believe and there is something very wrong with your grasp on reality
.


"real conversations"

__________________
The wisdom of Diogenes....
"So far, I am not aware of any evidence which indicates with any degree of likeliness, however small, that Bigfoot creatures exist....anywhere in the world."

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 11:29 PM   #500
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,151
Concept:

A/The Book:

Woods & Wildmen: A Look at the Wild World of Bigfootery

This is just as the title says. I will look all over at Bigfootery. The various research groups, the websites, and the people. Most of all the people. I'll touch on everyone and everything. BFRO, Moneymaker, conferences, round-ups, you name it. There'll be a picture of me with Biscardi and he's got the arm around my shoulders. The whole nine yards. I wouldn't be slamming Biscardi to the surprise of many. I'd show him for exactly what he is - the Barnum and Bailey of Bigfootery.

Much of the book will draw on research I've done at the JREF over the last four years and include chapters on things you'd expect, like Bigfoot being in native myths and traditions. One entire chapter at least would be called Nine Doors Apart and would focus on my discussions with Bob Heironimus and others. The book would have a definite pop culture tone to it from the jacket design to the illustrations and photos. Bigfoot would be celebrated in the book for what it is, a cool myth, social construct, and unique creation of North American culture.

The Blog/Website:

www.woods&wildmen.com


The website will tie into the book but will be a stand alone creation. Woods & Wildmen would be a place for critically minded people who follow Bigfootery and crypto culture on the Net. Here are some sections...

Cave Entrance

This would be an intro to the main page. A graphic is featured where the screen shows some spooky woods with shadows and big, dark humanoid figures seen moving amongst the trees. We move foreward through the trees and a cave is seen with red glowing eyes peering out at us. Either the Bigfoot comes out at us screaming and we jump to the main page or we zoom into the darkness of cave and jump.

The music I would do myself, of course, and would be either appropriately spooky with Bigfoot screams or would be a take on music of classic 70's Bigfoot movies like Legend of Boggy Creek...

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


Some how I want to feature The Cure's A Forest somewhere in there.

On the track!

This section is devoted to examining various Bigfooter organizations such as the BFRO, etc.

Hit it with your purse, Alice!

This section deals with Bigfooters or groups complaining about something keeping the Bigfoot research down. An example would be Loren Coleman's posting on Cryptomumble about children's cinema killing Bigfoot research.

Whaaa??

This section deals with some of the more bizarre things done or said by Bigfooters. Autmn Williams' groan-inducing bid for a Rasberry Award for worst acting would be an example. If you don't know what I'm talking about, pop a gravol and check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpraYQAhoNU

In the shadows.

This section would be for looking at cases or alleged witnesses that I think are interesting and worth investigation. The married couple whose names I can't remember off the top of my head would be an example of what you would find there.

The Stumpknockers.

This section is devoted to the more colourful people searching for Bigfoot. This is where you find profiles on thefirstbillyjack and trailriderresearch.

Caught on film!

This section is for the PGF and other films, videos, and photos purported to be of Bigfoot.

Monster movies.

This section is for Bigfoot movies past and present.

There would be a section featuring links to the JREF, Monster Talk, Matt Crowley's blog and other various skeptical sites.

The Internet radio show:

Woods & Wildmen Live

This would basically be a weekly radio show for bigfoot skeptics. It would be much like the excellent Monster Talk, but be focused on Bigfoot, yeti, orang pendek, etc. I have a lot of radio experience and used to have my own radio show in the 90's. I would need to find someone to co-host with me. I would try to find a person quick on their toes who shares my bizarre sense of humour and is comfortable being on air. Guests would include various skeptics as well as Bigfoot researchers.

Any suggestions or ideas for all of the above would be most welcome.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 11:33 PM   #501
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,151
Originally Posted by Vortigern99 View Post
Kit, will you kindly stop beating around the bush, and deliver those bombshells you've been promising since last night?
My apologies, Vort and to everybody. I'm not intentionally trying to create suspense. I was a little spent after the monster posts I did yesterday. I could just give the highlights, but I want everything put out in the context that I experienced it. I will do this tonight or tomorrow for sure while it's still fresh.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 11:37 PM   #502
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,151
Originally Posted by SweatyYeti View Post
Still can't do anything about that upper-arm comparison...and Patty's 'elbow-reach' measurements, eh???

Do you think you ever will be able too, kitz?
Yes, when I get an answer from you about the agreement I suggested in the form of a yes/no. Will you be answering?


Quote:
Thanks for the family news on him, though. He's a fortunate man.
You're welcome. Yes, he is. Honest, too. Sweaty, why did Heironimus deny being in Roger's doc film, being Patty, and tried to cover for him when first approached by Long. That is not the behaviour of a pathological liar looking for attention.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2010, 11:51 PM   #503
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,151
Originally Posted by SweatyYeti View Post
Vort wrote:
I see you failed to actually address anything Vort wrote in that post. Are you incapable of doing that? Uh-oh...



Quote:
kitakaze wrote:
Sweaty, can you explain in a rational and coherent manner how it is not insanity to have a living, eating, breeding, pooping great big animal walking around in New York, Arkansas, Nova Scotia, New Mexico, everywhere and not be dead and dissected somewhere.

You know, like a real conversation. You can't and you won't, I guarantee. It is simply beyond your mental capabilities. Minds like yours simply can not get into that sort of problem solving. It's better for you just to have a technicolour font-gasm than ever actually sit down and really talk with people and not at them. No, Sweaty, you are not capable of having real conversations with people. At least not with people not suffering from fortean addiction as you are.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6

Last edited by kitakaze; 8th March 2010 at 11:52 PM.
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2010, 05:40 AM   #504
SweatyYeti
Illuminator
 
SweatyYeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,915
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Yes, when I get an answer from you about the agreement I suggested in the form of a yes/no. Will you be answering?

Sweaty, why did Heironimus deny being in Roger's doc film, being Patty, and tried to cover for him when first approached by Long. That is not the behaviour of a pathological liar looking for attention.

Patty's extreme 'elbow-reach' TRUMPS all of your gobbledy-gook, posted above.


Sorry.
__________________
The wisdom of Diogenes....
"So far, I am not aware of any evidence which indicates with any degree of likeliness, however small, that Bigfoot creatures exist....anywhere in the world."

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2010, 05:50 AM   #505
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,151
And now Part Two of Part Two - Talking With Bob Heironimus Part Two:

This is continuing on from the point in the conversation where I asked Bob about the rumour that he went to Gimlin telling him that he was going to confess, asking Gimlin to do the same, to which Gimlin refused, saying he had been lying about it too long and had to stay safe...

At this point I really wanted to get a better sense of what the relationship was between Heiroinimus and Gimlin. It had really preoccupied my imagination thinking about the bizarre state of the PGF controversy where the two principle people remaining, Bob and Bob, lived on the exact same street nine doors apart, as they had since before the film was shot in October, 1967. I asked Bob, "Bob, one thing that I really wanted to ask you about is your relationship with Gimlin. I'm talking about over the years and now, also. How has it been between you two?"

"Oh, you know," Bob answered, "We see each other all the time. I just saw him 'bout two weeks ago at a horse sale." "Yeah, I remember you mentioned that last time." "We didn't talk anything about Bigfoot or whatever, though." I jumped in, "Now, can you tell me when you did last discuss anything about the film?" "Discuss what?" he asked. "I said 'when was the last time you did discuss the film?'" "Oh jeez, I can't really remember. It's been so many years, you see. I'm getting kinda old, you know, and it gets all mixed up in there."

"Of course," I answered, "I understand so much of it must be hard to recall. So you don't remember exactly the last time you discussed the film with Gimlin." "Not exactly, no. It was a few years ago, I think." Even that helped me understand better. I was getting the picture in the years since Greg Long's The Making of Bigfoot had been published, that things had mellowed between the two men on South 90th. "So how has it been between the two of you over the years, you know, since the movie?" I asked. "Well, it was a bit rough there for a while just after that book came out. I know he was not too happy with me, but you know, Bob, he's kind of a small little fella. I wasn't too worried about it." I found that to be hilarious, the way Bob was talking. I was imagining Gimlin marching out of his house and storming down the street to Heironimus' house, nostrils flared, violence on his mind, pounding on Heironimus' door and jumping on him like a crazed wolverine when Heironimus opened up.

I turned my thoughts back to the situation. "But you guys did remain friends, right?" "Oh yeah, we still saw each other all the time. I mean, it's hard not to, being right there and all. We always see each other out on the road there when he's coming down. We talk on the street." "I see," I said. There was the reality. These two older men in that tiny town removed from the world that ceaselessly went on and on debating the film on their computers. They were there in Yakima removed from the world, and removed in their age and lifestyle from the people at their PC's discussing the film day in and day out. I knew Heironimus was, anyway. He had told me before when I asked him if he uses email "No, not really," and neither had he ever heard of youtube. I knew they had a computer, though, because Bob's wife, Glenda, had recently found the email I had sent her last year. Bob Gimlin, I thought possibly to be a different story. I knew from a recent interview that he had seen the Mike Greene thermal video that somebody had sent him. I knew also the Bigfoot enthusiasts who organized the "Yakima Round-Up" in honour of Bob were also in regular contact with him. That interview seemed to indicate that Bob followed developements regarding the film on the Internet. It can be heard here...

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mnbrt/2...ith-bob-gimlin

I changed topics from Bob's relationship with Gimlin to something else I had wanted to know. "So, another thing I was wondering about, Bob, was if you've, you know, faced any kind of hostility towards you over the film there in Yakima or anywhere else since you came out with your confession." "How do you mean?" he asked. "I mean like, from people who thought the film was real, like, supporters being hostile to you." "Uh huh, I see. No. Not to my face anyway. They don't have the guts. I'd pop 'em in the nose if they did. On the radio show some people call in callin' me a liar. Didn't bother me none. They wanna keep believin', they can go to hell. I don't care. I was there." "Yeah," I replied. "Too bad for them. It's amazing what some people will hold on to. You should see the people I deal with day to day. Total fanatics. Doodling on stills from the film, saying it couldn't be you. Your elbows couldn't fit. Blah blah blah. It get's pretty mind-numbing after a while."

Crap! Here we go! I thought. It was time to start asking Bob about the suit. I did a scramble to look at my notes and the questions I had neatly written out... and then scribbled little jotted notes all over as ideas and questions had come to me. Damn it! I could hardly read what I wrote and had gotten too into my conversation to keep focused on the notepad. I dropped it and decided to wing it. "So, anyway, I had some things wanted to ask you about the suit, if you don't mind." "Sure," he answered. "Tell me about the suit. Like, did it have any padding inside it or was that all just you?" "Oh yeah, it had a lotta padding in it. Had these great big shoulder pads in it. They went around me. You know, like football padding." "Right," I said, trying to keep calm. I thought of the 1951 Yakima High School photo of Roger Patterson's football team. I was pumped! This is exactly what I was after. I was floored. I had been wondering about this for years. The only thing I had known Bob had said about padding was that the head had padding like an oldtime football helmet. Most of all I was excited that he had spoken about shoulder pads first without me leading him in any kind of way. Bob went on, "And there was padding in the head. Like a helmet type of thing. Bunch up at the top. And there was a great big bunch of padding in the butt. I don't know if you've seen that." I was laughing on the inside. I had seen the miserable diaper butt more times than Bob would ever care to know. "Yeah, I have. It looks pretty bad. There's no butt crack!" I quipped. Bob started laughing. "The legs felt kind of like hip boots, you know? And you can see my wallet! Forgot to take my wallet out." He laughed again.

That wallet thing, I thought to myself. That was something I had heard before. Right under what was a completely unreal folding crease on Patty's leg there was a bulge that had been famously called by Bigfooters as a hernia on Patty's leg. I thought of the argument that the bulge could not possibly be Bob's wallet because it was too low on the leg. "So which pocket was the wallet in?" I asked. "My side pocket,' he replied. "Yeah, the Bigfooters call that a hernia." Bob started chuckling. I decided it was time for a different question. "So there's this thing that people talk about. About you saying the suit stunk. Like it had an odour. What can you tell me about that? What kind of odour was it?" "Well, you see it was the face. Roger had altered the face. He made it of horsehide, I think he said, which can stink. It was right in my face. And they said something about the suit being made out of dynel, which they say can have an odour, too." This was amazing, I thought. This completely altered everything we had been discussing about the point of the suit having an odour. I had to be clear. "So the whole suit was horsehide or it was just the face?" "Just the face, I think," he replied. A different thought occurred to me then. "So inside the suit, there wasn't anything like an inner layer, like a muscle suit or padding?" "No, just the shoulders, the head, and the butt. I was in pretty good shape back then." Fantastic, I thought to myself.

I looked at the clock and realized that it was getting close to dinnertime. I had other important questions I wanted to ask Bob about the suit, but I knew I would be able to speak with Bob anytime. I remembered the rumour about Pat Patterson hiring an attorney to reveal the PGF as a hoax and how it was done upon her passing. I explained the rumour to Bob, that it was said to have come from Tom Biscardi and asked if he had ever heard any such thing. "No," he said. "I hadn't heard anything like that." This was before the call I made to Biscardi right after my conversation with Bob, in which Tom confirmed the rumour as being false. We continued chatting. Bob then asked me, "Did you know that National Geographic came out here?" "Yes," I said. "The Is It real? show." "Yeah, they screwed me!" Bob exclaimed. "They showed the one thing we asked them not to show. Us havin' fun and making some faces just sittin' around at the bar. The dog hiding under the chair and all that. We were just jokin' around. They filmed a bunch of stuff. They filmed me in a suit. Had me do the walk. Had me riding up in the mountains. They didn't show any of that. Just the part I asked them to leave out and they promised they would. They made the whole thing look like a joke." I thought that was very interesting.

Bob and I continued chatting about various things. I asked him about his '55 Chevy and how that was doing. I asked him if he could still ride horses and he said that he couldn't since he had his hip replaced. "I like to get out and go bowling in the evenings. Get some strikes there. Gonna get back to it slowly. I'll ride again. Probably take a couple years." I asked Bob about his mother after remembering that Lucas had mentioned she was ill. "She's doing great," he said. "She's just turned ninety, you know. Yep, she's moving around on her own. She still drives herself. She was a little sick for a bit but she's doing much better now." "That's great," I said. "I'm so glad to hear that."

We continued chatting and Bob brought up the Bigfoot documentary featuring Vancouver Island he had watched that day. Bob, it turned out was a complete skeptic about Bigfoot. "They never find nuthin'. No hair, no bones, no scat, no bodies. And people keep saying they seen one everywhere." "No kidding!" I said. "Everywhere. You name it. Florida, Iowa, Texas, Alaska." Bob continued, "They're not real. They woulda been found by now. No way." Bob then said it was getting about time for dinner and I thanked Bob kindly for the time he spent talking to me. I told him I'll keep working on my project and be in touch with him regularly. We said goodbye and hung up. I was elated. I had accomplished everything I had set out to do in that phone call and opened the door to a relationship of trust with Bob. He had told me things that would change much of what we discussed concerning the PGF. Now things were really moving, I thought to myself.

So there it is. I apologize for the delay, but it takes quite a bit of time for me to get everything down. My next phone call to Bob I'll be introducing myself to his wife, Glenda, and be asking her about when she had first been told about Bob being the man in the Bigfoot film. I would love to talk with his mother, Opal, also, who said she saw the suit. She is 90, however, and I can't expect to much. Everyone feel free to continue offering questions for me to ask Bob. As Bob and I get more familiar with each other I will start to ask him more difficult questions, such as the discrepancy of the suit he described, and that described by Philip Morris. I have many plans regarding myself and Bob and will keep everybody updated as things progress.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6

Last edited by kitakaze; 9th March 2010 at 06:41 AM.
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2010, 05:53 AM   #506
SweatyYeti
Illuminator
 
SweatyYeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,915
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
I see you failed to actually address anything Vort wrote in that post. Are you incapable of doing that?


I already have....in post #426....(with a graphic comparison)...

Amazingly....Bob matches Bob, extremely closely.....if not perfectly. This, despite the many differences in the taking of the pictures....such as cameras, lenses, distances, angles...etc.


Funny, how Bob matches Bob, with/despite all of those differences...yet, when Bob is compared to "Bob/Patty"...he NEVER matches...(at the key points...the eyes, elbow-joints, and knee joints...which are unaffected by padding).


...and in post #421...


Secondly....I don't subsribe to the "ALL or NOTHING" philosophy that the scoftics of JREF subscribe to.

Just because a comparison isn't 100% accurate, it DOES NOT mean that's it's 100% in error....or totally worthless.
That type of thinking is only for people who have an agenda to protect. (Throw it all out!!! )


Thirdly....while the principles Odinn mentioned do have merit....the "variables" that he's making reference to will, over the course of multiple comparisons, using multiple images of Bob and Patty, taken from multiple angles......average out, to some degree.

This 'averaging out' will cause the comparisons to sometimes favor Bob's arm length, or elbow-reach, moreso than Patty's....as appearing to be the longer length...if, in fact, their arms/elbows/body widths were actually equal....or very close to it.

But that NEVER happens.....that "day NEVER comes". The reason why that is...is very simple.....Patty's arms are longer than Bob's....Patty's elbow does reach further away from her backbone than Bob's does...Patty's upper-torso is wider.....and deeper....than Bob's.



Try to keep up, there, Chief!
__________________
The wisdom of Diogenes....
"So far, I am not aware of any evidence which indicates with any degree of likeliness, however small, that Bigfoot creatures exist....anywhere in the world."

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2010, 05:55 AM   #507
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,151
Originally Posted by SweatyYeti View Post
Patty's extreme 'elbow-reach' TRUMPS all of your gobbledy-gook, posted above.


Sorry.
You know, I would swear I've heard that before. That copypasta post there quoted two questions of mine. Can you please answer them or are you just going to keep refusing?
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2010, 06:16 AM   #508
Correa Neto
Philosopher
 
Correa Neto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,187
Great stuff, K. Great stuff. I can hear they screaming... At least their quoted screams...

Idea- Woods n' Wildmen MUST have Jethro Tull at its soundtrack. "Songs from the Woods" is mandatory; "Bungle in the Jungle" is optional, indicated for "The Stumpknockers" every time Creekfreak is mentioned.
__________________
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Together we can find the cure
Oh, and together we can find a cure to religion too…
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2010, 06:18 AM   #509
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 15,541
Don't worry Kit, in a little while, Sweaty will be pretending he never said anything about "extreme 'elbow-reach'"...having thrown the idea under the Sweaty-bus...
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2010, 06:27 AM   #510
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,151
Originally Posted by Correa Neto View Post
Great stuff, K. Great stuff. I can hear they screaming... At least their quoted screams...

Idea- Woods n' Wildmen MUST have Jethro Tull at its soundtrack. "Songs from the Woods" is mandatory; "Bungle in the Jungle" is optional, indicated for "The Stumpknockers" every time Creekfreak is mentioned.
Fanfrickintastic, Correa! Absolutely!

Bungle in the Jungle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJhAyg2LTEk

Songs From the Wood...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2MgU7PNHgw

Creekfreak is a definite entry in the Stumpknockers section.

Tenacious D is also a must...

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2010, 07:27 AM   #511
GT/CS
Illuminator
 
GT/CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,098
Kit, will there be a paragraph or two covering bulletmaker types and their hoaxes for profit?
__________________
SweatyYeti or Bill Munns would be my vote for looking at this - BFSleuth @ BFF
I've got plenty of common sense! I just choose to ignore it. - Calvin; October 15, 1986
GT/CS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2010, 07:44 AM   #512
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,151
Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
Kit, will there be a paragraph or two covering bulletmaker types and their hoaxes for profit?
Absolutely. Of course, Bulletmaker would be one of the first entries to the Stumpknockers section. The photo used would be this...



Bulletmaker and his whole situation in terms of profit motivation was secondary to his attention motivation, I believe. He had the CD's for sale, of course, but I doubt he could have payed for his weekly allotment of Wild Turkey with what he got from that. He behaved in a way where it was more that he was a crazy old mischievous redneck, flailingly racist, sexist, and messed in the head. When you're that filthy and wretched, I think you're glad for any attention you can get. The MABRC did well to toss that crazy old fart.

Matt Whitton and Rick Dyer would near the top of the list for hoaxes for profit. The PGF being #1, of course.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2010, 08:53 AM   #513
Vortigern99
Philosopher
 
Vortigern99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,884
Kit, thanks for posting your very engaging conversations with Bob. I hope and trust the recollections he provides will be of considerable use to the skeptical community in showing that the PG figure is most likely a suit, most likely worn by Heinonimous per his claim.

One discrepancy that does bother me, though, is Bob's assertion that the only padding was in the head, butt and shoulders. As Sweaty keeps pointing out, and which is evident in any comparison pics, the torso width of the PG figure is much greater than that of Bob in normal clothes.

I don't know if that width can be explained by the physics of linking padded shoulders to padded pelvis, by the problems inherent in digital squashing and/or lengthening of imagery, by all of these factors, or if it cannot be explained within the "Heironimous in a suit" framework at all.
__________________
"I'm 'willing to admit' any fact that can be shown to be evidential and certain." -- Vortigern99

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2010, 08:56 AM   #514
Vortigern99
Philosopher
 
Vortigern99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,884
Also, I love the website idea; your outline seems very thorough and comprehensive, and I look forward to seeing it up! The Tull soundtrack suggested by Correa is mandatory.
__________________
"I'm 'willing to admit' any fact that can be shown to be evidential and certain." -- Vortigern99

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2010, 09:18 AM   #515
Drewbot
Illuminator
 
Drewbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,362
Ask him about the boobies Kit, ask him about the boobies. I'm thinking Roger had a great explanation as to why BobH had to walk around with those monsters dragging him down.

He might have even pulled out the drawing er- Storyboard showing the Sasquatch avec breasts.
__________________
"I dont call that evolution, I call that the survival of the fittest." - Bulletmaker
"I thought skeptics would usually point towards a hoax rather than a group being duped." - makaya325
Kit is not a skeptic. He is a former Bigfoot believer that changed his position to that of non believer.- Crowlogic
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2010, 09:36 AM   #516
GT/CS
Illuminator
 
GT/CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,098
Originally Posted by Vortigern99 View Post
Kit, thanks for posting your very engaging conversations with Bob. I hope and trust the recollections he provides will be of considerable use to the skeptical community in showing that the PG figure is most likely a suit, most likely worn by Heinonimous per his claim.

One discrepancy that does bother me, though, is Bob's assertion that the only padding was in the head, butt and shoulders. As Sweaty keeps pointing out, and which is evident in any comparison pics, the torso width of the PG figure is much greater than that of Bob in normal clothes.

I don't know if that width can be explained by the physics of linking padded shoulders to padded pelvis, by the problems inherent in digital squashing and/or lengthening of imagery, by all of these factors, or if it cannot be explained within the "Heironimous in a suit" framework at all.
It's possible the entire suit was padded so it would keep it's shape. Bob most likely would not have noticed that padding since it would be uniform, but what he did notice were the the parts that were overly-padded.
__________________
SweatyYeti or Bill Munns would be my vote for looking at this - BFSleuth @ BFF
I've got plenty of common sense! I just choose to ignore it. - Calvin; October 15, 1986
GT/CS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2010, 09:40 AM   #517
Correa Neto
Philosopher
 
Correa Neto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,187
YAY!
BOOBS!

Ask him about the BOOBS! How they were made, if they were hairy, how large they were, their shape, if they were hard, how they felt, the size of the nipples, if they were sensitive... whoops... erm...

OK, you've got the picture.
__________________
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Together we can find the cure
Oh, and together we can find a cure to religion too…
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2010, 09:56 AM   #518
learner
Graduate Poster
 
learner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,664
Im mostly a lurker here but I love all this. Great stuff Kit. Seems i had a near miss with my sole contribution to bigfootery. My "bunch of keys in the pocket" theory was close. No Cigar but close.

Keep it up Kit.
__________________
"I would give my right arm to be ambidextrous" - My Mate Dave
" How do you expect me to use my initiative if you wont tell me what to do?" - Dave again
learner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2010, 10:23 AM   #519
exeplis
New Blood
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 17
I'm mainly a lurker around here as well, but I had to log on to say great stuff there kitakaze. I think Bob has sufficiently laid to rest any doubt (for me anyways) about the Patterson footage. Thanks for all the time and effort you've put into your research and interview.
exeplis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2010, 01:14 PM   #520
SweatyYeti
Illuminator
 
SweatyYeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,915
Vort wrote:
Quote:
One discrepancy that does bother me, though, is Bob's assertion that the only padding was in the head, butt and shoulders. As Sweaty keeps pointing out, and which is evident in any comparison pics, the torso width of the PG figure is much greater than that of Bob in normal clothes.

I don't know if that width can be explained by the physics of linking padded shoulders to padded pelvis, by the problems inherent in digital squashing and/or lengthening of imagery, by all of these factors, or if it cannot be explained within the "Heironimous in a suit" framework at all.

Quite true, Vort. Patty is definitely the "wide-body" model.


On a related note....here is something I threw together on my lunch break.

This graphic shows how the 'elbow-reach' measures when the subject's arm is swung both out to the side, and, in the forward direction....





This combination of arm-angles closely replicates Patty's arm position, in this frame....(the angle-of-views are very close, also)...








The one aspect of the 'elbow-reach' I haven't looked into much, yet, is how the arm being swung forward affects the accuracy of the measurement of the elbow position/reach, in the lateral direction.

It may introduce some error...making the elbow appear to reach further away from the backbone laterally, than it actually does.

But, in the graphic above...with the woman's arm clearly swung forward, there seems to be only a minimal, if any, error introduced into the figure.


Patty's elbow still significantly out-distances your "average-proportioned human".

(Due to her extra-wide skeletal frame...and unusually long upper arm.)
__________________
The wisdom of Diogenes....
"So far, I am not aware of any evidence which indicates with any degree of likeliness, however small, that Bigfoot creatures exist....anywhere in the world."

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:02 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.