ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , Bob Gimlin , Bob Heironimus , Patterson-Gimlin film , Roger Patterson

Closed Thread
Old 18th February 2011, 02:13 AM   #2481
demonunderyourbed

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
This is something footers can't comprehend and they keep asking why why no-one has been able to reproduce the suit.

The answer is that few have cared enough to reproduce the suit or to even ask about the original. It's a bloke in a suit, always has been, always will be. It's obvious to everyone but a select special few.
of course its a suit .what i find beyond incredible is grown adults actually thinking its a real creature..all these dots and x's and lines certain people constantly put on nearly ever post isn't going to change the fact that its a man in a suit.
as kit posted on the bff. its supposed to be this huge muscular creature,yet it has tons of "junk in the trunk"
just take a long look at the rear.its laughable to say thats anything but padding.its in no way real muscle or fat.
demonunderyourbed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th February 2011, 05:35 AM   #2482
Old Hickory
Student

Maybe "Steatopygia"
Old Hickory is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th February 2011, 05:54 AM   #2483
SweatyYeti
Master Poster

Originally Posted by AlaskaBushPilot View Post
I'm satisfied Bob Heironimus was wearing the suit.

His gait is remarkable for its match to Patty and the thighs are a dead ringer.

As is his upper-arm...

Dfoot's, too...

The "match" is remarkable!

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th February 2011, 05:56 AM   #2484
SweatyYeti
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Vortigern99 View Post

Same old errors. Patty is hunching; "its" head is below the shoulder line. Straighten it out so that "it" is standing erect like Bob, and you would have to scale down the Patty image so that the measurements between the two figures are more comparable.

Bob might have been Patty.

I'll respond to your post later today, Vort.

tyr13: "There is no proof of bigfoot so there is no proof that bigfoot isn't a bear."
SweatyYeti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th February 2011, 08:20 AM   #2485
demonunderyourbed

Originally Posted by SweatyYeti View Post
again pointless lines that don't say anything..why not explain the giant fake arse. that is in no way real.not even close.that is not a real creature.its laughable to suggest it.s one member posted you need a screw loose to think its real..
demonunderyourbed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th February 2011, 10:11 AM   #2486
Hitch
Muse

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
ETA

Never mind.
Ignoring it is a better option.
Originally Posted by demonunderyourbed View Post
again pointless lines that don't say anything..why not explain the giant fake arse. that is in no way real.not even close.that is not a real creature.its laughable to suggest it.s one member posted you need a screw loose to think its real..
Sometimes GT/CS is very wise.
Hitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th February 2011, 12:13 PM   #2487
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme

Same old errors. Comparing these two images, do you notice that Patty's legs are at an angle, and her chin is well below the line of her shoulders, while Bob's legs are perpendicular to the ground, and his chin is above the line of his shoulder?

This shortens Patty's apparent height, throwing off your scale. There are also image compression and lens size differences to consider. There is also the matter of foreshortening, which makes Bob's arms appear shorter than they are.

You have never addressed these problems, and yet you continue to post your image comparisons as though the problems have never been pointed out to you. Why do you do this?

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th February 2011, 05:41 AM   #2488
SweatyYeti
Master Poster

Same old errors.

Patty is hunching; "its" head is below the shoulder line. Straighten it out so that "it" is standing erect like Bob, and you would have to scale down the Patty image so that the measurements between the two figures are more comparable.

Bob might have been Patty.

That would be kitakaze's errors, Vort.

Your 'Auto-Dump' feature just backfired, on you.

In my original post, I didn't include the intermediate step images, that I made, in order to get to the final Patty/Bob "Full body" comaprison. I'll include them here.

What I did first was to take the heads in his comparison....(kit's arbitrary scaling)....and produce a "Full-body" image for Patty....and then one for Bob, matched to the size of the respective head.

Here is Patty's "full-body" image...

And, here is Bob's "full body" image...

Then, I put those 2 Full-Body images together, to compare their 'body heights'.....(the result of the scaling kitakaze chose).....and the length/reach of the upper arm/elbow...

And it shows that, by kit's scaling of their heads....Bob is seriously under-sized. If Bob was Patty, then kit's scaling is significantly in error....heightwise.

But the problem is....if Bob's image is scaled larger, to match Patty's 'body height', then his head is too large to fit inside Patty's.

Bob loses.....either way you scale him.

Before kit posted his comparison, I had posted a similar 'Head and Full-Body comparison' od Patty and Bob....with Bob scaled a little larger than in kit's comparison.
I'll post those images later on tonight, or tomorrow.

Last edited by SweatyYeti; 19th February 2011 at 05:44 AM.
Old 19th February 2011, 10:48 AM   #2489
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme

That would be kitakaze's errors, Vort.

Your 'Auto-Dump' feature just backfired, on you.
So? An error is an error, regardless of who made it. There's nothing to "backfire" on me, since my points remain, irrespective of who made the scaling and measurement mistakes.

In my original post, I didn't include the intermediate step images, that I made, in order to get to the final Patty/Bob "Full body" comaprison. I'll include them here.

[snip irrelevant explanation of how image was made]

And it shows that, by kit's scaling of their heads....Bob is seriously under-sized. If Bob was Patty, then kit's scaling is significantly in error....heightwise.

But the problem is....if Bob's image is scaled larger, to match Patty's 'body height', then his head is too large to fit inside Patty's.

Bob loses.....either way you scale him.
Bald assertion, argument from ignorance and incredulity. You're also ignoring, as always, that lens size and foreshortening distort the sizes of different features of the body compared to the location of the lens.

Before kit posted his comparison, I had posted a similar 'Head and Full-Body comparison' od Patty and Bob....with Bob scaled a little larger than in kit's comparison.
I'll post those images later on tonight, or tomorrow.
I'll start holding my breath.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th February 2011, 12:22 PM   #2490
SweatyYeti
Master Poster

Vort wrote:
Quote:
So? An error is an error, regardless of who made it.

So....when kitakaze posted the 'head comparison', and made the claim that "Bob's head fits inside Patty'"....you didn't question his comparison, and it's scaling, or claim it was "In error"......but when I posted a simple extrapolation of it, you went into 'Auto-Dump' mode.

Where were your "critical thinking skills" when kit posted the comparison?

Quote:
....foreshortening distort the sizes of different features....

And it always distorts in such a way as to make Patty's upper-arms appear longer than Bob's/an average human's.

Old 19th February 2011, 01:01 PM   #2491
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme

So....when kitakaze posted the 'head comparison', and made the claim that "Bob's head fits inside Patty'"....you didn't question his comparison, and it's scaling, or claim it was "In error"......but when I posted a simple extrapolation of it, you went into 'Auto-Dump' mode.

Where were your "critical thinking skills" when kit posted the comparison?
Kitakaze acknowledged it was "A crude mock-up of Bob's head inside Patty." He's up-front in allowing that the scaling is in error. Further, I agree with his assessment: "... it's close enough for those who say Bob's head nor any human's could fit inside Patty's head..."

You, on the other hand, present your measurements as though they are accurate and error-free, and you decline to acknowledge making any mistakes when these are pointed out to you, time and again.

I rarely respond in these threads anymore. Only when I see something truly egregious, such as your repeated assertions that "Bob can't fit in the suit", do I chime in with a response. These are the same tired, inaccurate measurements you've attempted to foist on us again and again. I'm here reminding you that you still have it wrong.

And it always distorts in such a way as to make Patty's upper-arms appear longer than Bob's/an average human's.
You know what else does that? The suit the actor is wearing, whoever he is.

Old 19th February 2011, 04:04 PM   #2492
demonunderyourbed

Kitakaze acknowledged it was "A crude mock-up of Bob's head inside Patty." He's up-front in allowing that the scaling is in error. Further, I agree with his assessment: "... it's close enough for those who say Bob's head nor any human's could fit inside Patty's head..."

You, on the other hand, present your measurements as though they are accurate and error-free, and you decline to acknowledge making any mistakes when these are pointed out to you, time and again.

I rarely respond in these threads anymore. Only when I see something truly egregious, such as your repeated assertions that "Bob can't fit in the suit", do I chime in with a response. These are the same tired, inaccurate measurements you've attempted to foist on us again and again. I'm here reminding you that you still have it wrong.

You know what else does that? The suit the actor is wearing, whoever he is.
totally agree post after post with stupid lines that don't prove anything.
none of it can be proved to be scaled correctly .
i say 100% suit,i dont need lines,or x's or red circles,i just have to watch the footage.and its a suit.no way is that anywhere near resembling a real creature.To say it is is laughable.
Old 19th February 2011, 07:36 PM   #2493
SweatyYeti
Master Poster

Kitakaze acknowledged it was "A crude mock-up of Bob's head inside Patty." He's up-front in allowing that the scaling is in error.

Further, I agree with his assessment: "... it's close enough for those who say Bob's head nor any human's could fit inside Patty's head..."

Lame attempt at trying to justify your lack of objection, or questioning, of kit's comparison, Vort. Totally LAME.

Of the 2 segments I highlighted, this is the significant one...

Quote:
it's close enough for those who say Bob's head nor any human's could fit inside Patty's head...

Claiming that the comparison is "close enough to show that Bob's head could fit inside Patty's"....is more significant than the qualifying phrase "it's crude".

The claim deserves questioning, at the very least...since it was presented like this, without anything supporting the chosen scaling...

Why would you....being the "critical thinker" that you are...accept it, as being "close enough"....when there was nothing presented to support or justify it?

Hey, look, Vort....this is a "crude mock-up", I admit.......but it's close enough for those who say that the Empire State Building nor any other skyscraper could fit inside Patty's head...

NO NEED TO QUESTION IT, Vort....I said it was "crude".

Quote:

WRONG, Vort. I have NEVER claimed that my graphics/measurements are 'error-free'. I have stated before that there is some 'degree of error' in my measurements, and comparisons....and I have challenged kitakaze, (and everyone else)...to show where, and to what extent there are any significant errors in them.

kit has failed to do so, with any of my graphics....and so have YOU. FAILED.

On the other hand, I have done so with his graphics....like the 'head comparison'. I have shown it to be significantly in error.

Quote:
I'm here reminding you that you still have it wrong.

You're here reminding me.....saying....that I'm wrong??

How about showing me that I'm wrong?

Last edited by SweatyYeti; 19th February 2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 20th February 2011, 12:29 PM   #2494
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme

Oh, no. A ********** ******** asked me to prove him wrong on the internet. I must drop everything at once, devote hours to scribbling colored lines and dots on blurry 44-year-old photography, and hope -- pray! -- to all the gods of Mars that my inscrutable doodling is recognized as the brilliant theorizing and status-quo-challenging analysis that it is.

I'll get to work on that. Meanwhile, when you have some evidence that Heironimous isn't in the suit, or that Patty is a real non-human animal, do let us know.

Mod WarningEdited, breach of rule 0, rule 12. Please ensure your posts address the OP vs attack the arguer; name calling is never civil/polite nor does it advance your point of view.
Posted By:Locknar

Last edited by Locknar; 20th February 2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 20th February 2011, 02:10 PM   #2495
SweatyYeti
Master Poster

I just reported your post, Vort.

As is typical for Jref....evidence presented against Heironimus is met with hostility, and personal attacks.

It is....to laugh.

You want evidence that Heironimus wasn't Patty.......here you go...

The combination of the length..and straightness...of Patty's arm, as seen in that Frame, cannot be replicated by Bob Heironimus, due to the exceptional upper-body width of Patty....

If Bob was Patty.....his shoulder-joint would have to have been a good 3 inches inboard of Patty's 'apparent shoulder' location. That means that his arm would have been 'angled-in' to the suit, a few inches below his shoulder-joint/armpit.

And that, in turn, would result in his upper-arm having an unnatural bend in it...when swung forwards, backwards...or in any direction. But there is absolutely no bend in Patty's upper-arm, when swung forward by a good 30-40 degrees...as seen in that image, above.

As it is....Patty's upper-arm appears longer than Bob's...when, Bob, inside a suit of such exceptional chest/shoulder width, should have an upper-arm which appears shorter than his....along with a bend at a point well below his shoulder.

Bob Heironimus cannot replicate what is seen in these images of Patty....with all of the padding in China.

Kit will never be able to dress Bob up, to replicate the upper-body width, and the upper-arm length of Patty's.

And all you'll ever be able to do, Vort, about the significant differences between Bob and Patty.......is spew more venom.

HISS, Vort....HISS...

Last edited by SweatyYeti; 20th February 2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 20th February 2011, 02:17 PM   #2496
GT/CS
Illuminator

Repeat post 2477.
Old 20th February 2011, 03:51 PM   #2497
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme

I've addressed those measurements before, time and again, but you repeat them as though they've never been challenged, rebutted, and rejected.

I have done so dispassionately, even politely, in the past, and have received your snide, irrational dismissals in response.

I'm not interested in entertaining your fantasies. I invite you go back and address all the errors I (and many others) have already pointed out in your approach, your methodology, your conclusions before putting forward more baseless nonsense.

When you have some evidence that Heironimous cannot be in the suit, or that Patty is a real non-human animal, do let us know. In the meantime, have fun with your crayons.

Old 21st February 2011, 11:27 AM   #2498
DennyT
Master Poster

Sweaty
Your postings of the same discredited images and made-up measurements would be embarrassing if done by most people. Your repetitive posting of them is little more than spam and will eventually be treated as such.
DennyT is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st February 2011, 11:37 AM   #2499
demonunderyourbed

I just reported your post, Vort.

As is typical for Jref....evidence presented against Heironimus is met with hostility, and personal attacks.

It is....to laugh.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...ElbowComp1.jpg

The combination of the length..and straightness...of Patty's arm, as seen in that Frame, cannot be replicated by Bob Heironimus, due to the exceptional upper-body width of Patty....

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...erJointAG1.gif

If Bob was Patty.....his shoulder-joint would have to have been a good 3 inches inboard of Patty's 'apparent shoulder' location. That means that his arm would have been 'angled-in' to the suit, a few inches below his shoulder-joint/armpit.

And that, in turn, would result in his upper-arm having an unnatural bend in it...when swung forwards, backwards...or in any direction. But there is absolutely no bend in Patty's upper-arm, when swung forward by a good 30-40 degrees...as seen in that image, above.

As it is....Patty's upper-arm appears longer than Bob's...when, Bob, inside a suit of such exceptional chest/shoulder width, should have an upper-arm which appears shorter than his....along with a bend at a point well below his shoulder.

Bob Heironimus cannot replicate what is seen in these images of Patty....with all of the padding in China.

Kit will never be able to dress Bob up, to replicate the upper-body width, and the upper-arm length of Patty's.

And all you'll ever be able to do, Vort, about the significant differences between Bob and Patty.......is spew more venom.

HISS, Vort....HISS...
this isn't proof of anything except you like wasting time putting pointless lines and dots on pics..
i really cannot understand why you continue to do it??????
its not a real creature you DO know that don't you?? not even close.too say it is is farcical
Old 21st February 2011, 06:21 PM   #2500
Óđinn
Muse

Take a picture of yourself in the same pose as Bob H against his car from ~20 feet away. Then print the pic and pull out your ruler and tape measure. Measure your eyes to your belt with the tape measure. That's your control. Now measure your wrist to elbow, and elbow to shoulder joint. Next measure these same distances on the photo. If the real arm length / real eye-belt length is larger than the photo arm length / photo eye-belt length, then the arms are foreshortened in the photo. The difference in these ratios indicate by how much. We then have a correction factor we can apply to Bob H when comparing him to Patty. This is the 1st step.

Last edited by Óđinn; 21st February 2011 at 06:46 PM.
Óđinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st February 2011, 06:31 PM   #2501
GT/CS
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Óđinn View Post
Take a picture of yourself in the same pose as Bob H against his car from ~20 feet away. Then print the pic and pull out your ruler and tape measure. Measure your eyes to your belt with the tape measure. That's your control. Now measure your wrist to elbow, and elbow to shoulder joint. Next measure these same distances on the photo. If the real arm length / real eye-belt length is smaller than the photo arm length / photo eye-belt length, then the arms are foreshortened. The difference in these ratios indicate by how much. We then have a correction factor we can apply to Bob H when comparing him to Patty. This is the 1st step.
Cool!
Why don't you do that.
Old 21st February 2011, 06:45 PM   #2502
Óđinn
Muse

I did.
Óđinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st February 2011, 06:48 PM   #2503
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

You should also take limb measurements from the 1967 Corvette Bob photo and compare them to modern images of Bob. If they don't perfectly match then Bob Heironimus is lying about being Bob Heironimus.
Old 21st February 2011, 07:29 PM   #2504
Óđinn
Muse

No, then you'd know by how much they were foreshortened. Which is useful info.
Old 21st February 2011, 08:56 PM   #2505
Blackdog
Critical Thinker

I love this secret squirrel stuff.

In my experience in the bigfoot world (which has been more extensive than I'd like to admit) this usually means the person holding the "secret" is FOS and that they have a little pet project but they aren't really sure about it. In the end they are still FOS.

This usually applies to people who think they are, or are trying to be, important in the "bigfoot community".

Of course Óđinn could be a different kind of cat, playing both sides of the fence until he makes up his mind which side of the fence his left nut straddles.
Then of course he can say he was there all along.
Blackdog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st February 2011, 09:31 PM   #2506
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

I think we should sit Patty at the wheel of the corvette and take measurements, then compare the vette's tires to the excavator tracks at BC.

I think Patty borrowed an excavator and buried bigfoot at BC.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2011, 04:53 AM   #2507
SweatyYeti
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Óđinn View Post
Take a picture of yourself in the same pose as Bob H against his car from ~20 feet away. Then print the pic and pull out your ruler and tape measure. Measure your eyes to your belt with the tape measure. That's your control. Now measure your wrist to elbow, and elbow to shoulder joint. Next measure these same distances on the photo. If the real arm length / real eye-belt length is larger than the photo arm length / photo eye-belt length, then the arms are foreshortened in the photo. The difference in these ratios indicate by how much. We then have a correction factor we can apply to Bob H when comparing him to Patty.
This is the 1st step.

Thanks for the suggestion...for determining a possible 'correction factor', Odinn.

The next step would, of course, be to compare measurements made from images of Bob, to images of Patty....(and applying any correction factor.)

Then...as a '3rd Step'....I can use myself as a 'stand-in' for Bob H. My height, and upper-body dimensions are very close to his...so pictures of myself, replicating the 'body positions' and 'angle-of-views' that we see of Patty, can be used to determine...and confirm...whether Bob, viewed under those same conditions, could/would match Patty's dimensions.

By 'Patty's dimensions', I'm referring to certain 'key' lengths...associated with the vertical center-line of the body, the elbow, the level of the eyes, and the feet....(points on Patty's body which are unaffected by any potential padding.)

Last edited by SweatyYeti; 23rd February 2011 at 04:58 AM.
Old 23rd February 2011, 08:56 AM   #2508
demonunderyourbed

Thanks for the suggestion...for determining a possible 'correction factor', Odinn.

The next step would, of course, be to compare measurements made from images of Bob, to images of Patty....(and applying any correction factor.)

Then...as a '3rd Step'....I can use myself as a 'stand-in' for Bob H. My height, and upper-body dimensions are very close to his...so pictures of myself, replicating the 'body positions' and 'angle-of-views' that we see of Patty, can be used to determine...and confirm...whether Bob, viewed under those same conditions, could/would match Patty's dimensions.

By 'Patty's dimensions', I'm referring to certain 'key' lengths...associated with the vertical center-line of the body, the elbow, the level of the eyes, and the feet....(points on Patty's body which are unaffected by any potential padding.)
you keep saying your dimensions are close to bobs.but you don't know how big bob was in 67..you dont have any measurements from then..just a pic.
post all the x'sand lines an theories till the cows come home..its still a suit.always was and always will be,

Last edited by demonunderyourbed; 23rd February 2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:47 AM   #2509
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Here's the bottom line with regards to Patty, its arse doesn't move in conjunction with the glutes... so how in the hell is anyone fooled by the apparant movement in the calf when the biggest area of muscle and meat mass remains completely still throughout the footage? Any close-up of this retarded looking Bigfoot should prove to anyone how utterly fake it is, you can see the lines going around the upper thigh and the lower back... its like whoever is in the suit is wearing a pair of He-Man style Y-fronts... or a diaper. Is everyone else blind to this? End of story, unless Sasquatch wears tighty whitey's i'd bet my mortgage on this footage being a joke of Roger Patterson proportions.
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2011, 11:14 AM   #2510
demonunderyourbed

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
Here's the bottom line with regards to Patty, its arse doesn't move in conjunction with the glutes... so how in the hell is anyone fooled by the apparant movement in the calf when the biggest area of muscle and meat mass remains completely still throughout the footage? Any close-up of this retarded looking Bigfoot should prove to anyone how utterly fake it is, you can see the lines going around the upper thigh and the lower back... its like whoever is in the suit is wearing a pair of He-Man style Y-fronts... or a diaper. Is everyone else blind to this? End of story, unless Sasquatch wears tighty whitey's i'd bet my mortgage on this footage being a joke of Roger Patterson proportions.
agreed 100% ,but wait for the footers replies of we see movement.when clearly there isn't any at all. as its obviously a suit.too say its real is beyond farcical.
you even get a bang on cue look back for the camera.
another thing i find obvious to it being staged,you rent a camera for the one purpose of filming a bigfoot.and you waste all your film,filming trees and horses arses.leaving yourself one min left and oh look a bigfoot appears.
if your out there to film it you would have a camera fully loaded and ready at all times.
Its all very laughable that people still actually think its real and not a suit.
Old 23rd February 2011, 11:20 AM   #2511
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...ElbowComp1.jpg
I forgot to post this...

And now for another episode of Interpersonal Communication Skills and Bigfoot Enthusiasm. Brought to you by...

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2011, 11:24 AM   #2512
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

I don't expect people to stop believing, lets be honest here... humans can be seriously retarded. We'll have an endless supply of "scientists" (a vague banner these days) studying this footage but at the end of the day it means little, the inability for scientists to explain magic doesn't lend credence to the existence of magic, it just means that the scientists don't know their arse from their elbow and don't know how the trick was pulled off... So when people cry out that science can't prove the PGF as fake it does little more than make me laugh. People are idiots, the very fact that this footage is still hotly debated after all this time doesn't tell me how groundbreaking the footage was, it tells me how utterly foolish humans can be when they really get their tin foil hats into gear.
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 30th March 2011, 02:21 PM   #2513
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Daniel Perez on Coast to Coast radio last night at 11:40...

Originally Posted by Daniel Perez
...and by the way, he's (Heironimus) not the first and not the only individual who claims that he was the guy in the costume...
This is ridiculous. We keep hearing PGF believers saying that there are others. Where is the public record of this? Perez needs to name names with citations.
Old 31st March 2011, 06:55 AM   #2514
Drewbot
Philosopher

This is my take on this.
The orange is padding/fur, the blue is where the actual body parts are.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2011, 09:55 AM   #2515
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Bob Heironimus interview and polygraph test on video from PAX TV. He does the Patty walk too.

Old 27th July 2011, 11:14 AM   #2516
Tontar
Thinker

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Daniel Perez on Coast to Coast radio last night at 11:40...

This is ridiculous. We keep hearing PGF believers saying that there are others. Where is the public record of this? Perez needs to name names with citations.
Daniel is a nice guy. It's likely he would produce what he claims, if asked directly.
Tontar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th July 2011, 12:22 PM   #2517
Drewbot
Philosopher

No one else has been able to.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th July 2011, 05:29 PM   #2518
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Bob Heironimus interview and polygraph test on video from PAX TV. He does the Patty walk too...
I've said before that I don't think it's Heironimus in the suit. And for many reasons. In support (or defense) of that, here's one of the scenes of Heironimus speaking for a second and then doing the infamous Patty Walk™. He says "...he wanted me to look kinda like a gorilla, ya know, swing your arms back, ya know, take long strides..." Really? Roger Patterson really said that? Is he sure that's what RP told him? I think Bob H. overdosed on too much Jungle Book™. Perhaps they do so in Hollywood, but do any real gorillas stand up and rhythmically swing their arms and legs and take long strides...when they do all that...walking...that they...do? Yet that's all the 'artistic direction' BH required to 'act' the part out properly? Be a long stride bipedal arm swinging gorilla? Alrighty then.

And while BH might have the Patty Posture™ down pat, his actual foot-to-ground walking isn't such a cinch. Yeah he maybe-kinda-sorta has her walk, but so do 1,000 other guys (501 of which probably live in Yakima too). Note how little he lifts his foot in general and specifically at the end of each step. His toe is barely off the ground. And note the closest angle his lower leg ever gets in relation the ground is maybe 45° to the horizontal. Yet, Patty's foot and lower leg come up so high as to be almost horizontal (5-10°) with the ground. The toe end of the foot also ending up several inches higher off the ground than BH's does.

That's a glaring error in my opinion. And yes of course it could also be just a 'minor detail', but if BH was actually being faithful to what he was proclaiming, wouldn't he just do the walk precisely like he did it as Patty? For that matter, isn't part of the story supposed to be that the Patty Walk™ is a Bob Heironimus exclusive in that it is mostly how he walks regularly anyway? So why just the approximation then (which is definitely all he did)? I mean, there he was on national TV selling his story and he fakes it for the most part? Hmmmmm. Now, I agree that BH is not a detail guy, and his having 'cloudy recollections' doesn't necessarily seem out of character or mean that it's a lie, but he's making a pretty huge claim and his barely remembering some of the important stuff certainly doesn't add credibility to his story.

As for him passing the lie detector, count me less-than-impressed. I've no doubt Bigfoot would have already been proven to exist had the only criteria been somebody had to pass a lie detector test that asked if they had seen a real Bigfoot. There's a reason they're not allowed in court. Mostly because they can also be wrong.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th July 2011, 06:57 PM   #2519
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

The points you are making about ' the walk ' cannot be observed for more than a half dozen strides. Why is it so hard to believe BH might have walked like that for six strides 40 years ago, and not be able to do it persistently today?

I would also suspect that ' walking like a gorilla ' 40 years ago, wouldn't have been modeled after an episode of National Geographic, rather than a Three Stooges or Abbott an Costello movie.
Patterson was a ' wanna be ' showman, and could have very conceivably given BH what he thought was some very Hollywoodish direction ..

Prove your computer is not a wimp ! Join Team 13232 !
Skeptical Greg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th July 2011, 08:08 PM   #2520
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

BH has a big gut which he did not have when he was young. It changes the posture and gait. It will also affect how he appears now inside a costume.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal