IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 13th January 2010, 03:26 PM   #1
Galileo
Illuminator

15 phone call factoids that contradict the official government conspiracy theory

15 phone call factoids that contradict the official government conspiracy theory

by Rolf Lindgren (Galileo)

1) Betty Ong and Madeline Sweeney on FL11 said there were 4 hijackers, not 5. Both gave the "wrong" seat numbers for the hijackers.

2) Mark Bingham on FL93 said there were 3 hijackers, not 4.

3) Renee May on FL77 said there were 6 hijackers, not 5.

4) Most of Ong's phone call recording is missing.

5) Ong and/or Sweeney gave specific information that the hijackers had guns (which contradicts the "boxcutters" theory). They even gave the exact seat number of the shooter and the shoo-tee.

6) Tom Burnett on FL93 said the hijackers had guns.

7) Todd Beamer's call on FL93 lasted until 10:48 AM, long after the plane was shot down/crashed. The person who took Beamer's call, Lisa Jefferson, heard no screaming or crashing noises.

8) Jeremy Glick's call on FL93 lasted until 11:43 AM, long after the plane was shot down/crashed. The person who took Glick's call, Joanne Makely, heard no screaming or crashing noises.

9) No call on FL93 was attempted after 9:53 (Honor Waino's), except unconnected calls by Edward Felt and CeeCee Lyles at 9:58. No call (besides Beamer's and Glick's) lasted beyond 9:58, when the Sandy Bradshaw and Waino calls ended. The plane supposedly crashed at 10:03 or 10:06.

10) Ted Olson on FL77 lied, he never got a phone call from Barbara Olson.

MORE:

http://www.911blogger.com/node/16015

Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2010, 03:37 PM   #2
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

All throughly debunked bullcrap.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2010, 03:40 PM   #3
HyJinX
Graduate Poster

It's remarkable to see people willfully publish their ignorance and stupidity onto the internet and then pat themselves on the back for it. Nice job, Rolf. You should be proud.
Old 13th January 2010, 03:41 PM   #4
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
All throughly debunked bullcrap.
The FBI has been debunked?
Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2010, 03:44 PM   #5
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by HyJinX View Post
It's remarkable to see people willfully publish their ignorance and stupidity onto the internet and then pat themselves on the back for it. Nice job, Rolf. You should be proud.
Are you capable of any intelligent comments on the article?

Old 13th January 2010, 03:55 PM   #6
Justin39640
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
Are you capable of any intelligent comments on the article?

You would need to start off with an intelligent article.
Old 13th January 2010, 04:00 PM   #7
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Justin39640 View Post
OK, let's start with # 1:

Where has it been debunked that Ong said there were 4 hijackers on FL11?

Old 13th January 2010, 04:02 PM   #8
Tinfoil Hater
Graduate Poster

by Rolf Lindgren (Galileo)

1) Betty Ong and Madeline Sweeney on FL11 said there were 4 hijackers, not 5. Both gave the "wrong" seat numbers for the hijackers.

2) Mark Bingham on FL93 said there were 3 hijackers, not 4.

3) Renee May on FL77 said there were 6 hijackers, not 5.

4) Most of Ong's phone call recording is missing.

5) Ong and/or Sweeney gave specific information that the hijackers had guns (which contradicts the "boxcutters" theory). They even gave the exact seat number of the shooter and the shoo-tee.

6) Tom Burnett on FL93 said the hijackers had guns.

7) Todd Beamer's call on FL93 lasted until 10:48 AM, long after the plane was shot down/crashed. The person who took Beamer's call, Lisa Jefferson, heard no screaming or crashing noises.

8) Jeremy Glick's call on FL93 lasted until 11:43 AM, long after the plane was shot down/crashed. The person who took Glick's call, Joanne Makely, heard no screaming or crashing noises.

9) No call on FL93 was attempted after 9:53 (Honor Waino's), except unconnected calls by Edward Felt and CeeCee Lyles at 9:58. No call (besides Beamer's and Glick's) lasted beyond 9:58, when the Sandy Bradshaw and Waino calls ended. The plane supposedly crashed at 10:03 or 10:06.

MORE:

http://www.911blogger.com/node/16015

Are you a 'No planer', who thinks no planes crashed on 9/11?
Tinfoil Hater is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2010, 04:03 PM   #9
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Titanic Explorer View Post
No, he/she/it is a troll who thinks he discovered the moons of Jupiter...
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2010, 04:06 PM   #10
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Titanic Explorer View Post
No, I am not. I am Pro-Plane. I am a pro-planer.

Old 13th January 2010, 04:14 PM   #11
scissorhands
Banned

No, I am not. I am Pro-Plane. I am a pro-planer.

No, you are just very boring.

Last edited by scissorhands; 13th January 2010 at 04:18 PM.
scissorhands is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2010, 04:19 PM   #12
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

So, Galileo. What does this mean? That the phone calls were faked? That the family members were 'in on it'? What are the implications of your cute little "fact"oids?

Hey...maybe one of the callers said one of the hijackers wore tennis shoes, when we know they had dress shoes on! Inside JOB!

Last edited by twinstead; 13th January 2010 at 04:20 PM.
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2010, 04:19 PM   #13
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

You did not quote any FBI sources.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2010, 04:23 PM   #14
scissorhands
Banned

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
So, Galileo. What does this mean? That the phone calls were faked? That the family members were 'in on it'? What are the implications of your cute little "fact"oids?

Hey...maybe one of the callers said one of the hijackers wore tennis shoes, when we know they had dress shoes on! Inside JOB!
What does he care?
He got some attention, thats the whole point of the op..
scissorhands is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2010, 04:24 PM   #15
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

heh, calls lasted after plane crashed = inside job (7,8) calls ended before plane crashed = inside job (9)
Old 13th January 2010, 04:24 PM   #16
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I'm waiting for him to address the all important "toilet seat up or down" issue.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2010, 04:31 PM   #17
Galileo
Illuminator

read the end of the article where it says "Conclusions".

Why are you asking me this when I already answered your question? You treat me like I am low class or something. Please show some respect.
Old 13th January 2010, 04:33 PM   #18
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
I quoted sources that relied on, and quoted FBI sources.
Old 13th January 2010, 04:34 PM   #19
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

read the end of the article where it says "Conclusions".

Why are you asking me this when I already answered your question? You treat me like I am low class or something. Please show some respect.

People who treat the family members who lost loved ones on that plane the way you and others like you do and who try to find 'anomalies' in the phone calls deserve NO respect. I categorically reject your "conclusions". How about that?

But thanks for playing.
Old 13th January 2010, 04:37 PM   #20
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Quote:
1) The hijackers had guns. We don't know exactly who they were, were they were seated, or how many there were.
or, alternatively, passengers while panicking about their plane being hijacked, made errors, or assumptions that turned out to be incorrect

Quote:
2) Missing recordings indicate that most of the calls contained information which contradicts the official conspiracy theory.
or that not all calls are always recorded, IE big brother is not watching

Quote:
3) The most heavily promoted calls are most likely to be suspect, and the least promoted calls are most likely to be genuine.
or they just get the most attention paid to them because they are the most widely discussed and referenced

your 15 factoids contradict themselves:

Quote:

12) Five "unknown" calls were made from FL77 to unknown numbers.
if there were 5 unknown calls to unknown numbers, how can you be sure one of those was not barbara olson?
Old 13th January 2010, 04:39 PM   #21
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
or, alternatively, passengers while panicking about their plane being hijacked, made errors, or assumptions that turned out to be incorrect
Ya think?
Old 13th January 2010, 04:41 PM   #22
Skeptic Guy
Raccoon Death Squad Leader

So you believe that there WERE hijackings, but they used guns, and that some of the telephone calls are 'suspect'? The family members are lying. Wow, you're really something.

Twinstead is right, you don't deserve respect.

Even Mother TeresaWP doubted.
Skeptic Guy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2010, 04:42 PM   #23
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Ya think?
its always amused me how eyewitnesses are infallible one minute (hijackers had guns) but 100% wrong the next (plane hit the pentagon, etc)
Old 13th January 2010, 04:43 PM   #24
Trojan
Muse

Which of your 15 factoids is based on FBI detials, which number and cite the FBI source?
Trojan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2010, 04:45 PM   #25
Trojan
Muse

Originally Posted by Justin39640 View Post
This retort should be framed!
Trojan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2010, 04:47 PM   #26
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Which of your 15 factoids is based on FBI detials, which number and cite the FBI source?
That's not my job to do. I'm just a journalist.
Old 13th January 2010, 04:49 PM   #27
Galileo
Illuminator

if there were 5 unknown calls to unknown numbers, how can you be sure one of those was not barbara olson?
If it was known to be from Barbara Olson, then it would be known. But the FBI concluded after speaking with Ted Olson, that it wasn't from Barbara Olson.

Old 13th January 2010, 04:49 PM   #28
Walter Ego
Illuminator

The Irony Meter Is Peaking

Rolf seems to be on ignore, but I wonder if he knew the definition of a "factoid" when he typed the subject line of the OP.

Quote:
A factoid is a questionable or spurious—unverified, incorrect, or fabricated—statement formed and asserted as a fact, but with no veracity. The word appears in the Oxford English Dictionary as "something which becomes accepted as fact, although it may not be true."[1] However, the word can sometimes mean, instead, an insignificant but true piece of information. In either formulation, factoids are potentially factual, just not self-evidently so.

Factoid was coined by Norman Mailer in his 1973 biography of Marilyn Monroe. Mailer described a factoid as "facts which have no existence before appearing in a magazine or newspaper",[2] and created the word by combining the word fact and the ending -oid to mean "similar but not the same". The Washington Times described Mailer's new word as referring to "something that looks like a fact, could be a fact, but in fact is not a fact".[3]

Factoids may give rise to, or arise from, common misconceptions and urban legends.
Substitute "facts which have no existence before appearing on the internet" in the second paragraph above, and you could have a fair description of the TM's approach to "truth." So lets start calling the TM the "Truthoid" Movement.

(Another "oid" comes to mind, too...)

Last edited by Walter Ego; 13th January 2010 at 04:54 PM.
Walter Ego is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2010, 04:51 PM   #29
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

If it was known to be from Barbara Olson, then it would be known. But the FBI concluded after speaking with Ted Olson, that it wasn't from Barbara Olson.

no, thats not how the FBI works, if they dont have hard evidence of who placed the calls and to what number they wont speculate
Old 13th January 2010, 04:59 PM   #30
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

No. You're a conspiracy theorist. Calling oneself a journalist assumes some kind of impartiality; you have none of that.
Old 13th January 2010, 05:01 PM   #31
Galileo
Illuminator

no, thats not how the FBI works, if they dont have hard evidence of who placed the calls and to what number they wont speculate
I never said they speculated.
Old 13th January 2010, 05:16 PM   #32
Galileo
Illuminator

No. You're a conspiracy theorist. Calling oneself a journalist assumes some kind of impartiality; you have none of that.
No, I am opposed to conspiracies. I am a conspiracy debunker.

Old 13th January 2010, 05:21 PM   #33
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

No, I am opposed to conspiracies. I am a conspiracy debunker.
If that's the way you rationalize it, and it makes you sleep better at night, then go ahead--you can call yourself anything you want. But that little list of "factoids" you posted is what a conspiracy theorist would post, not anybody really interested in the truth.
Old 13th January 2010, 05:23 PM   #34
Galileo
Illuminator

If that's the way you rationalize it, and it makes you sleep better at night, then go ahead--you can call yourself anything you want. But that little list of "factoids" you posted is what a conspiracy theorist would post, not anybody really interested in the truth.
Your icon is an insult to the 9/11 family surviviors and first responders.

Last edited by Galileo; 13th January 2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 13th January 2010, 05:29 PM   #35
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

You claimed you were insane. Are you insane or were you just trying to lie you way past a DUI. Just like your trial in real life, you have not presented evidence to support your conclusion, the delusional title.

You are debunked over 8 years ago. This is very disrespectful making up the lie you posted in the title. All the phone calls support the fact 19 terrorists you apologized for killed on 911. Is this OP due to your claimed insanity, or are you just making up another lie?

You are a 911 truther posting your insane delusions at a skeptics' forum.

You forgot to present the evidence where the quote-mined junk you provided supports your idiotic conclusion. Where is your explicit evidence? No where, you made this up.

Last edited by beachnut; 13th January 2010 at 05:41 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2010, 05:31 PM   #36
Walter Ego
Illuminator

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
You claimed you were insane. Are you insane or were you just trying to lie you way past a DUI.
I was wondering how long it would take for this to become a DUI thread.

OT: I don't have time to make 8 more posts tonight, but what is my next "promotion" after Muse?

Last edited by Walter Ego; 13th January 2010 at 05:33 PM.
Walter Ego is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2010, 05:36 PM   #37
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
I quoted sources that relied on, and quoted FBI sources.
ooohhh!!
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2010, 05:36 PM   #38
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

So what does this list indicate to you Rolf? That the phone calls were faked?
Old 13th January 2010, 05:39 PM   #39
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Your icon is an insult to the 9/11 family surviviors and first responders.
does this make a lick of sense to anyone besides galileo?
Old 13th January 2010, 05:39 PM   #40
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
You claimed you were insane. Are you insane or were you just trying to lie you way past a DUI.

You are debunked over 8 years ago. This is very disrespectful making up the lie you posted in the title. All the phone calls support the fact 19 terrorists you apologized for killed on 911. Is this OP due to your claimed insanity, or are you just making up another lie?

You are a 911 truther posting your insane delusions at a skeptics' forum.
you have a negative attitude. I am not interested in discussing the issues with you.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories