ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags psychic detectives , Robbie Thomas

Old 8th February 2010, 01:38 PM   #1
sadhatter
Philosopher

Robbie Thomas

So just wondering if anyone else has heard of this guy.

He is a homegrown psychic detective ( from my hometown), and i believe, my lex luthor.

Long story short my town is all in a tizzy about him coming here, and after a wee bit of research this guy is Sylvia Browne style scum. His list of tricks is fairly limited and mainly is a face value " these police departments say i helped them" and obviously, upon research , this is not the case. And as of late he has been using an unsolved case as a springboard, What a tool.

Anyone else heard of the guy?
sadhatter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2010, 02:05 PM   #2
shayes666
Scholar

Originally Posted by sadhatter View Post
So just wondering if anyone else has heard of this guy.

He is a homegrown psychic detective ( from my hometown), and i believe, my lex luthor.

Long story short my town is all in a tizzy about him coming here, and after a wee bit of research this guy is Sylvia Browne style scum. His list of tricks is fairly limited and mainly is a face value " these police departments say i helped them" and obviously, upon research , this is not the case. And as of late he has been using an unsolved case as a springboard, What a tool.

Anyone else heard of the guy?
Yep, he's been apart of the "paranormal" circuit for a few years now. Talks at quite a few of the annual conventions and whores himself out on a slew of "paranormal" radio shows/podcasts. Put simply, In my opinion, he's a "para" whore. No different from Sylvia Browne, Chris Moon, John Oliver and so on and so on.
shayes666 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2010, 02:10 PM   #3
sadhatter
Philosopher

Originally Posted by shayes666 View Post
Yep, he's been apart of the "paranormal" circuit for a few years now. Talks at quite a few of the annual conventions and whores himself out on a slew of "paranormal" radio shows/podcasts. Put simply, In my opinion, he's a "para" whore. No different from Sylvia Browne, Chris Moon, John Oliver and so on and so on.
Yarg, its sad the amount of woo that comes from my city. We have 3 ghost hunting videos , this guy, the sarnia ghost dog, and countless other crap.

I honestly had never heard of him except for a week or so ago when i started seeing this a-holes flyers everywhere.

And as a personal affront, the man is preforming at our local theater, maybe its a territorial thing, being an actor, but the theater has been holding more and more paranormal crap lately. Sigh, maybe i should just skip the middle man pee on the building and bark at him when he shows up.
sadhatter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2010, 05:09 PM   #4
Minarvia
fading orb

Nope, I've never heard of him. I wonder if he's famous enough to try for the MDC. Wait, of course he wouldn't even if he could. For all the standard excuses.
Minarvia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2010, 02:46 AM   #5
bethysunport
Scholar

What a tool is right.
From a disclaimer on his website...
Quote:
The events are provided to demonstrate that psychical abilities are very real, to assist people in cases through the use of Robbie’s talents, to bring awareness of missing or exploited children, and are not for the purpose of exploitation of personal loss and or grief.
Here is the site...
http://www.robbiethomas.net/
Old 9th February 2010, 04:55 PM   #6
alleracsum
Scholar

"....not for the purpose of exploitation"

Robbie doth protest too much!
alleracsum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2010, 09:55 AM   #7
tonyak
New Blood

My interactions with Robbie Thomas have gone pretty much like this:

Me: What evidence do you have that supports your claim(s)?

Robbie: Buy my video (attend my event, etc.) and see for yourself.
tonyak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2010, 10:31 AM   #8
sadhatter
Philosopher

Yeah he really seems to not care about even trying to come off as legit, i mean when you are using a case that has yet to be solved as a feather in your cap , that is really just hoping for some hardcore believers.

Though i do love " and not for the purposes of exploitation" i just envision a crack vile with the warning " not to make you into a useless junkie.".
Old 16th February 2010, 01:18 PM   #9
eh-theist
Student

Sadhatter - you might want to check out:
sarniaskeptic.blogspot.com

There are a number of articles on there about Robbie Thomas including:

sarniaskeptic.blogspot.com/2010/02/mystery-that-robbie-thomas-can-solve.html
sarniaskeptic.blogspot.com/2010/02/robbie-thomas-solved-cases-update.html
sarniaskeptic.blogspot.com/2010/01/from-entertainers-to-predators-when.html
sarniaskeptic.blogspot.com/2010/01/robbie-thomas-cezar-canos-case-not-just.html
sarniaskeptic.blogspot.com/2009/05/psychic-solves-abductionmurder-case.html

Skepticblogs just did a recent write-up too.

And this video is worth a quick view..
youtube.com/watch?v=MiT83ed3aTk
eh-theist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:05 AM   #10
eh-theist
Student

How low will Robbie go?

Check out his most recent poster...

186bf9d.jpg

eh-theist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:33 PM   #11
shayes666
Scholar

Originally Posted by eh-theist View Post
Check out his most recent poster...

Attachment 17039

What an exploitive piece of crap!
shayes666 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2010, 01:18 PM   #12
Angel Love
Scholar

RoboCop of "Psychic Justice". How can he live with himself!
Angel Love is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2010, 03:44 PM   #13
sadhatter
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Give him some credit he may have meant to say robocop 3.

Insinuating he is mediocre, just out to get money, and puts no effort into what he does.
Old 2nd March 2010, 05:50 PM   #14
Doc Daneeka
Muse

Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
What? He can't kill corporate executives? He likes to spin his gun? His Catholic convictions preclude suicide?

It really worries me that I remember Robocop that well, lol.
Old 3rd March 2010, 09:39 AM   #15
sadhatter
Philosopher

So i went to a local bar last night and his poster was up, but someone had carefully cut out the word justice with a razor or something. If that person happens to be reading this, good work.
Old 16th March 2010, 12:38 PM   #16
eh-theist
Student

Robbie Thomas press release accuses skeptics of being a hate group

This is the second part of a press release that Robbie Thomas' crew (John Ramses) sent to local media: (I personally like the "possible anthrax attack"!!!)

"Mr Thomas has been recently attacked by a local sarnia-based hate group who has connections in the Caughlin issue. Their web site attempts to defame and slander Mr Thomas in hope to discredit Mr Thomas in the public eye should he talk of his knowledge and participation in the Caughlin case.

The same hate-group recently disrupted a performance at the Imperial Theater in Sarnia, where Mr Thomas was performing a show, by harassing patrons and handing out white sealed envelopes with orders not to open the envelopes until they were inside and seated.

Many patrons left the venue fearing a possible anthrax attack. Of those who remained to see the show, only 40 made it inside before the theatre manager shut and locked the doors fearing for the safety of his crew and patrons.

Police were called to the scene but according to Mr Thomas' manager, John Ramses, who spoke to the Sarnia police of the incident, no one was arrested and the contents of the envelope were not investigated.

Mr Ramses, who is an Australian resident and both promoter and talent manager for Robbie Thomas, is currently seeking legal action against the Sarnia based hate group on several accounts."
John Ramses [mailto:jvramses@hotmail.com] (March 11, 2010)

Unfortunately little (if any) of what John Ramses says is true.
sarniaskeptic.blogspot.com/2010/03/robbie-thomas-is-not-psychic-and-not.html
Old 16th March 2010, 12:50 PM   #17
TraneWreck
Philosopher

Looks more like the post-Roid, testosterone-crashed Stone Cold Steve Austin of psychic-ghost-magic detectives.
TraneWreck is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2010, 02:03 PM   #18
sadhatter
Philosopher

This is the second part of a press release that Robbie Thomas' crew (John Ramses) sent to local media: (I personally like the "possible anthrax attack"!!!)

"Mr Thomas has been recently attacked by a local sarnia-based hate group who has connections in the Caughlin issue. Their web site attempts to defame and slander Mr Thomas in hope to discredit Mr Thomas in the public eye should he talk of his knowledge and participation in the Caughlin case.

The same hate-group recently disrupted a performance at the Imperial Theater in Sarnia, where Mr Thomas was performing a show, by harassing patrons and handing out white sealed envelopes with orders not to open the envelopes until they were inside and seated.

Many patrons left the venue fearing a possible anthrax attack. Of those who remained to see the show, only 40 made it inside before the theatre manager shut and locked the doors fearing for the safety of his crew and patrons.

Police were called to the scene but according to Mr Thomas' manager, John Ramses, who spoke to the Sarnia police of the incident, no one was arrested and the contents of the envelope were not investigated.

Mr Ramses, who is an Australian resident and both promoter and talent manager for Robbie Thomas, is currently seeking legal action against the Sarnia based hate group on several accounts."
John Ramses [mailto:jvramses@hotmail.com] (March 11, 2010)

Unfortunately little (if any) of what John Ramses says is true.
sarniaskeptic.blogspot.com/2010/03/robbie-thomas-is-not-psychic-and-not.html
**** i am sorry i missed that, i have been busy as hell with insurance crap, school and family whatnot.

Wow, that is one hell of a ridiculous statement, i know most of the theater people, and if i can do anything at all to help, with that , or anything else toss me a message. I am actually in the habit of checking my e-mail again.
Old 16th March 2010, 02:34 PM   #19
sadhatter
Philosopher

Also, just fired off an email to the observer ( local newspaper), hopefully i get a response.
Old 18th March 2010, 12:37 AM   #20
alleracsum
Scholar

Robbie Thomas has been selling advance tickets to his Los Angeles "Psychic Justice" meeting scheduled for March 26th. Price: $33 www.labyrinthent.com/

The venue listed on the Labyrinth Entertainment website is Sportsman's Lodge in Studio City. Only problem is, a call to Sportsman's Lodge revealed that there is no such event on their books nor had they ever heard of Robbie Thomas.

Meanwhile, a person reached at the Labrynth Entertainment phone number insisted the event was taking place as advertised and encouraged the caller to purchase tickets in advance.
alleracsum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2010, 12:56 PM   #21
eh-theist
Student

Alleracsum: I called the sportsman's lodge in Studio City as well. The reservation, it appears, was made by John Ramses. It looks like he's just renting a room from them and will hold the event there (they'd prefer if people didn't do that but they're happy to have a room rental).
I'm sending information down to the hotel about him. I'll email it this afternoon and then I'll courier some stuff down in a day or so. I think that John should disclose to the venues that "anthrax attack"s are something that his crew fears might happen at his events (what an idiot).

Robbie has cancelled all the other shows (or postponed them if you believe him) - because of a "sudden life-threatening illness of an immediate family member" that, apparently will correct itself by March 26. His Bay area events were cancelled - I'm only speculating but I don't think he was keen on the interest that some local skeptics were showing in his shows Selling about 20 tickets has to be a bit discouraging too (though I don't think he sold any to any of the other shows). He sold less than 40 tickets in his hometown.
Old 18th March 2010, 06:03 PM   #22
alleracsum
Scholar

Thanks. I just found that out myself. My "apologies" to Robbie Thomas.

Really hoping Robbie WOULD show up but it looks pretty obvious that they are hedging their bets at each venue. LA may have enough "woos" and desperate grieving families to fill a hotel room.
Old 18th March 2010, 06:14 PM   #23
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Alleracsum: I called the sportsman's lodge in Studio City as well. The reservation, it appears, was made by John Ramses. It looks like he's just renting a room from them and will hold the event there (they'd prefer if people didn't do that but they're happy to have a room rental).
I'm sending information down to the hotel about him. I'll email it this afternoon and then I'll courier some stuff down in a day or so. I think that John should disclose to the venues that "anthrax attack"s are something that his crew fears might happen at his events (what an idiot).

Robbie has cancelled all the other shows (or postponed them if you believe him) - because of a "sudden life-threatening illness of an immediate family member" that, apparently will correct itself by March 26. His Bay area events were cancelled - I'm only speculating but I don't think he was keen on the interest that some local skeptics were showing in his shows Selling about 20 tickets has to be a bit discouraging too (though I don't think he sold any to any of the other shows). He sold less than 40 tickets in his hometown.

I think the life-threatening illness can be diagnosed as "Low Ticket Sales".
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2010, 11:05 PM   #24
Susan Gerbic
Graduate Poster

If you haven't already read Mark Edward's blog on this guy then give it a read.

http://skepticblog.org/2010/02/13/robo-psychic/
Old 18th March 2010, 11:06 PM   #25
Susan Gerbic
Graduate Poster

any ideas on how to get a hold of this "hate group" that is punking him? I think a chat with them might be interesting...
Old 19th March 2010, 09:02 AM   #26
sadhatter
Philosopher

Well that actually makes me laugh quite a bit, the premier of Dark Fields ( the horrid film i was in a 1/10 to be sure) had a packed house, and robbie gets 40 people. I don't think i have ever preformed at the imperial theater and only seen 40 people there.
Old 24th March 2010, 02:12 PM   #27
alleracsum
Scholar

John Ramses has canceled the Robbie Thomas' "Psychic Justice" appearance in Los Angeles and the entire tour has been shut down. They are no longer selling tickets on the website and have added the following:

NOTICE: Due due to the sudden life-threatening illness of an immediate family member, the tour dates have been postponed. If you have purchased a ticket it should have been refunded. If you have not received you refund please contact us. We appologize for this inconvenience. - John Ramses, Labyrinth

www.robbiethomas.net/

Does anyone know if Robbie made even one of the appearances advertised back in January?
Old 24th March 2010, 02:19 PM   #28
sadhatter
Philosopher

Originally Posted by alleracsum View Post
John Ramses has canceled the Robbie Thomas' "Psychic Justice" appearance in Los Angeles and the entire tour has been shut down. They are no longer selling tickets on the website and have added the following:

NOTICE: Due due to the sudden life-threatening illness of an immediate family member, the tour dates have been postponed. If you have purchased a ticket it should have been refunded. If you have not received you refund please contact us. We appologize for this inconvenience. - John Ramses, Labyrinth

www.robbiethomas.net/

Does anyone know if Robbie made even one of the appearances advertised back in January?
Why is it the second a psychic gets into hot water, magically something happens that would let them fade out of the spotlight till the negative publicity dies down?

This trend is obvious from the big fish, to robbie thomas , to our own resident superhumans.

From a promotional standpoint, it is obvious. Bad press is going to lead to lower ticket sales, give it a month or two and people will just remember he was in the paper, not what for. And as far as refunds, well a good portion of people will not go through the trouble of getting their tickets refunded ( having set up a few concerts, plays, and whatnot in my time. ) so all and all mr Thomas will get distanced from the bad publicity, and get a chunk of money he did not earn.

Psychics, are simply manipulative scum that know not many people will question once someone says "family illness". Shame on Robbie, and any other psychic who uses this shallow manipulative tactic.
Old 24th March 2010, 05:33 PM   #29
Susan Gerbic
Graduate Poster

How does a psychic have a "sudden illness" that was unknown before hand? I mean wouldn't he be prepared and sitting in the hospital the day the problem was going to happen?
Old 30th March 2010, 08:22 AM   #30
eh-theist
Student

Venturing on...

The "sudden illness" was not in Robbie's family - that's why he could not predict it. Why do you have to be so full of hate? (just kidding)

From what I've "learned" the "ill" person is a member of the promoters' family - and was used as an excuse to protect Robbie. The promoter has since dropped Robbie but Robbie is venturing on with a new tour.

Robbie's new website has quotes from two people who don't exist and two more quotes from people who have publically "exposed" him.

Since he is going ahead with his tour (robbiethomas.net), if you are in the area of Fort Wayne, Indiana, Sioux City, Iowa or Louisville, Kentucky - contact me at sarniaskeptic@gmail.com.

Originally Posted by sgf8 View Post
How does a psychic have a "sudden illness" that was unknown before hand? I mean wouldn't he be prepared and sitting in the hospital the day the problem was going to happen?
Old 30th March 2010, 08:27 AM   #31
quarky
Banned

Wow.

This is the first psychic I've seen that looks like he could beat the crap out of me.

(He also looks like he wants to.)
quarky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2010, 04:45 PM   #32
Susan Gerbic
Graduate Poster

Quote:
This is the first psychic I've seen that looks like he could beat the crap out of me.

(He also looks like he wants to.)
You Know you want it!
Old 6th April 2010, 11:21 AM   #33
eh-theist
Student

Well.. Robbie's (ex) "talent manager" has dropped him. The back story is awesome!

Mind you, he's still seeking legal action against me (awesome!).

labyrinth-entertainment.com/statement/Official_Statement_Psychic_Justice_end.pdf

(Sorry, I'm too new to post links.. you'll have to copy and paste the above)
Old 7th April 2010, 09:14 AM   #34
sadhatter
Philosopher

Well.. Robbie's (ex) "talent manager" has dropped him. The back story is awesome!

labyrinth-entertainment.com/statement/Official_Statement_Psychic_Justice_end.pdf

http://www.labyrinth-entertainment.c...ustice_end.pdf

hopefully that linked it, it is a 10/10 read. And fairly soon i will be posting a youtube video of the entire thing, for those who don't want to go through the entire release ( it is lengthy.)
Old 7th April 2010, 09:29 AM   #35
Alice Shortcake
Graduate Poster

eh-theist, I suggest that you set up website about this creep. Something like...oh, I dunno...StopRobbieThomas?
Old 7th April 2010, 10:12 AM   #36
bookitty
Philosopher

Oh. My. Gawd.

That was a highly entertaining read.

I wouldn't worry about the lawsuit. He seems to have a pretty good idea of what that entails and will give up on the idea. Plus, a little farther down, he says that you were right.

Do you have a copy of the email Robbie Thomas sent to Karen Caughlin?
Old 7th April 2010, 11:13 AM   #37
sadhatter
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bookitty View Post
Oh. My. Gawd.

That was a highly entertaining read.

I wouldn't worry about the lawsuit. He seems to have a pretty good idea of what that entails and will give up on the idea. Plus, a little farther down, he says that you were right.

Do you have a copy of the email Robbie Thomas sent to Karen Caughlin?
As a side note, a lot of taxi's in my ( and eh-theist's) city are now carrying signs asking for information on Karen's murder.

Way to go Eh-theist, Depending on how my night goes the audio format of this release should be up by tommorrow or friday. For those who would rather listen to this while doing housework or whatnot.

And as far as getting sued for slander, Ol Rob would have to prove he has psychic powers in order to make a claim that due to your misrepresenting his abilities, and this lead to lost business. And if the man could do that , well he would not be in debt, to say the least.
Old 7th April 2010, 03:00 PM   #38
Susan Gerbic
Graduate Poster

Quote:
eh-theist, I suggest that you set up website about this creep. Something like...oh, I dunno...StopRobbieThomas?
After reading through that whole press release I think Robbie is STOPPED! no one is ever going to want to do business with him. He would have to promote himself and that does not seem likely.

The press release needs to get out to more people....like some of his followers....?
Old 8th April 2010, 07:19 AM   #39
Coopersville
New Blood

I kind of wish I went to that guy's show now that he's been shut down.
Coopersville is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2010, 08:22 AM   #40
Susan Gerbic
Graduate Poster

Quote:
I kind of wish I went to that guy's show now that he's been shut down.
Be careful what you wish for. Robbie's back on tour.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal