IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags richard gage

Reply
Old 15th February 2010, 07:45 PM   #1
JamesB
Master Poster
 
JamesB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,152
Richard Gage Doesn't Believe There is any Legitimate Criticism of His Work

Richard Gage, from Saturday on Kevin Barrett's radio show:

Quote:
Barrett: How have the people who have tried to uphold the official version of 9/11 responded to this. You have had a fair amount of time now Richard going around giving talks all over the country, and the world, and you have drawn huge audiences everywhere from here to New Zealand. You have drawn the flak of the so called debunkers, people who are rather desparately trying to uphold the official story. At one point we were trying to have some 9/11 debates, between those of us on our side and somebody on the other side, and we never could find anyone on the other side willing to participate in these debates. What is your sense of what kind of opposition we have, do they have any valid points or are they completely blowing smoke? Have they alerted you to any weaknesses in your argument?

Gage: Well what they do is obscure what we are saying with our associations, or manufactured associations and calling us names like conspiracy theorists. What they don't do is look at the evidence that we provide clearly, and provide rational explanations as to where it might be coming from if it is not from explosive controlled demolition.
Now, the irony of going on Kevin Barrett's show and complaining about being smeared by "associations" is just too much.
__________________
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2010, 08:08 PM   #2
9/11 Chewy Defense
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,593
Quote:
Gage: Well what they do is obscure what we are saying with our associations, or manufactured associations and calling us names like conspiracy theorists. What they don't do is look at the evidence that we provide clearly, and provide rational explanations as to where it might be coming from if it is not from explosive controlled demolition.
LOL! Evidence that doesn't exist isn't evidence at all. I've got something for Gage:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gage Retarded.jpg (32.3 KB, 34 views)
9/11 Chewy Defense is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2010, 08:33 PM   #3
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation
 
Hokulele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Biggest Little City in the World
Posts: 29,577
Huge audiences?

*Snork*
__________________
"Oh god...What have you done, zooterkin? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!?!" - Cleon
Hokulele is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2010, 08:44 PM   #4
angrysoba
Philosophile
 
angrysoba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Osaka, Japan
Posts: 31,965
Has he done any work? I thought he just turned up with a slideshow of other people's long since debunked nonsense while on junkets "from here to New Zealand" and collected the cash. I suppose that's work of a kind. But if he hasn't produced any legitimate work then he can't expect criticism.

Anyway, the guy's lying. He gets called out all the time on how incoherent his "theories" are and he tells a different story each time to try and get out of it.
__________________
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 02:11 AM   #5
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger
 
Orphia Nay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Posts: 39,992
His work? He just regurgitates Griffin's bilge, and Griffin's been debunked from here till eternity.

ETA: When was the last time we heard from Griffin? When he was supporting Al Moussatadeq, the convicted terrorist. Gage is clutching at the straws in a pigsty.
__________________
"We stigmatize and send to the margins
people who trigger in us the feelings we want to avoid"
- Melinda Gates, "The Moment of Lift".

Last edited by Orphia Nay; 16th February 2010 at 02:13 AM.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 02:39 AM   #6
JoeyDonuts
Frequencies Not Known To Normals
 
JoeyDonuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,536
Richard Gage is to the scientific method what Kevin Trudeau is to consumer protection.
__________________
EXIT STAGE LEFT! EXIT STAGE RIGHT! THERE IS NO PLACE TO RUN; ALL THE FUSES IN THE EXIT SIGNS HAVE BEEN BURNED OUT!
JoeyDonuts is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 03:07 AM   #7
bill smith
Philosopher
 
bill smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,408
Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
Richard Gage, from Saturday on Kevin Barrett's radio show:



Now, the irony of going on Kevin Barrett's show and complaining about being smeared by "associations" is just too much.
I'm sure you would like some Truther input here. Am I right ?
__________________
*Think WTC7 - You cannot make the four corners of a table fall together unless you cut the four legs together
*A kitchen table judgement on a world scale is enough
* To Citizens: 'There comes a time when silence is betrayal'
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 05:36 AM   #8
cyclonic
Muse
 
cyclonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 975
Tricky dicky believes WTC 7 sucks, 'negative pressure' sucked smoke from WTC 6 and made it appear that WTC 7 was on fire.
this theory is the only one that he made up by himself as far as i know.

gage speaks at 5.15 min.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


WARNING! FOUL LANGUAGE AT THE END OF THE VIDEO.
cyclonic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 05:55 AM   #9
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ
 
Grizzly Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,866
Originally Posted by cyclonic View Post
Tricky dicky believes WTC 7 sucks, 'negative pressure' sucked smoke from WTC 6 and made it appear that WTC 7 was on fire.
this theory is the only one that he made up by himself as far as i know.

gage speaks at 5.15 min.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


WARNING! FOUL LANGUAGE AT THE END OF THE VIDEO.
The variation may be unique to him but I've seen similar claims before from members here and from PP where the smoke from WTC7 was - according to them - from WTC 5 or 6.
__________________
Grizzly Bear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 06:00 AM   #10
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster
 
Mr.Herbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,448
No words needed:


Mr.Herbert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 06:01 AM   #11
njslim
Graduate Poster
 
njslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,076
Who can argue with the boxes - its what clutched it for me.....
njslim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 06:15 AM   #12
bill smith
Philosopher
 
bill smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,408
Originally Posted by cyclonic View Post
Tricky dicky believes WTC 7 sucks, 'negative pressure' sucked smoke from WTC 6 and made it appear that WTC 7 was on fire.
this theory is the only one that he made up by himself as far as i know.

gage speaks at 5.15 min.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


WARNING! FOUL LANGUAGE AT THE END OF THE VIDEO.
It's a pity Dylan felt strongly enough to swear. I don't really blame him but he should have been more restrained for the cameras.
__________________
*Think WTC7 - You cannot make the four corners of a table fall together unless you cut the four legs together
*A kitchen table judgement on a world scale is enough
* To Citizens: 'There comes a time when silence is betrayal'
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 07:56 AM   #13
cyclonic
Muse
 
cyclonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 975
Originally Posted by Mr.Herbert View Post
This intro song is just right.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
cyclonic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 08:50 AM   #14
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ
 
Grizzly Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,866
Originally Posted by Mr.Herbert View Post
are you serious? Is he still doing that gig?
__________________
Grizzly Bear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 11:00 AM   #15
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster
 
Mr.Herbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,448
Originally Posted by cyclonic View Post
This intro song is just right.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Mr.Herbert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 11:03 AM   #16
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster
 
Mr.Herbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,448
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
are you serious? Is he still doing that gig?
In all fairness to the dolt, this was from May of 2008. (he repeated this in June of the same year with Mark Roberts)
Mr.Herbert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 08:17 PM   #17
Alferd_Packer
Philosopher
 
Alferd_Packer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,746
Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
from Saturday on Kevin Barrett's radio show:
You can stop right there.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
__________________
No laws of physics were broken in the writing of this post

Last edited by Alferd_Packer; 16th February 2010 at 08:19 PM.
Alferd_Packer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 08:29 PM   #18
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher
 
Cl1mh4224rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,778
Quote:
Richard Gage Doesn't Believe There is any Legitimate Criticism of His Work

Heh. I'm pretty sure Gene Ray feels the same way about his work, too.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 08:36 PM   #19
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus
 
Drudgewire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 9,421
Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd View Post
Heh. I'm pretty sure Gene Ray feels the same way about his work, too.

As does Scott Stapp of Creed.
__________________
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 08:55 PM   #20
JoeyDonuts
Frequencies Not Known To Normals
 
JoeyDonuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,536
Originally Posted by Drudgewire View Post
As does Scott Stapp of Creed.
You son of a bitch.



I mean, just look at him.

I can only hope that picture is of him suddenly realizing what a hack he is and vomiting all over the place.
__________________
EXIT STAGE LEFT! EXIT STAGE RIGHT! THERE IS NO PLACE TO RUN; ALL THE FUSES IN THE EXIT SIGNS HAVE BEEN BURNED OUT!

Last edited by JoeyDonuts; 16th February 2010 at 08:57 PM.
JoeyDonuts is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 10:01 PM   #21
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 26,013
a complete search of the Internet reveals Gage is evidence free

Is Gage a traitor (protected by free speech), a terrorist apologist, a disrespectful idiot, a nut case, a fraud, a person who lies and takes money from dolts who agree with his moronic lies? The disease of terminal stupidity only strikes 1 out of 1,000 people who are dumbed down enough to agree with what Gage dishes out. Called terminal stupidity, TS™, Good NEWS, education cures TS™. As Gage claims the smoke pouring out of WTC7 is from other buildings, it is really bad Gage never talked to the FDNY about it, or found people who saw the fires and the building badly damaged by the WTC towers. Pathetic!

Gage's A-game. For 911 liars, 70 percent is close to 100 percent. And it appears 100 percent wrong, is the new right for 911 liars. A bunch of dolts could figure out 911, but not 911 truthliars who can't figure out anything about 911 save the date.

Gage offers no evidence, he spoons out idiotic ideas for those who can't think for themselves and can't see him as a fraud on 911. What happen, did Gage buy a franchise of stupid ideas from Jones and DRG?

Gage is the guy mommy told you about! Don't trust strangers, and Gage is the strange stranger mommy was hinting at.

I wonder if Gage is insane, has a brain problem, or is just a nasty disrespectful snake-oil salesman? With the few fringe conspracy theorist standing up for Gage and exposing their ignorance on many subjects and levels; they do so without evidence or knowledge and with complete disrespect to thsoe who died on 911 since they are evidence free and proved to be liars, supporters of liars, or just plan "dirt dumb stupid™".

In closing I list the massive pile of evidence Gage has:
1. {∅}

not even zero,

the special 911 liars math, rounds 70 percent to 100! sad
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2010, 07:41 AM   #22
Jono
Master Poster
 
Jono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,037
Quote:
Well what they do is obscure what we are saying with our associations, or manufactured associations and calling us names like conspiracy theorists. What they don't do is look at the evidence that we provide clearly, and provide rational explanations as to where it might be coming from if it is not from explosive controlled demolition.
Right, so when faced with the fact that you are contradicting yourself, six ways from sunday, every now and then on the fundamentally crucial details is, what?... slander?
__________________
"I don't believe I ever saw an Oklahoman who wouldn't fight at the drop of a hat -- and frequently drop the hat himself." - Robert E. Howard
Jono is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2010, 08:22 AM   #23
Newtons Bit
Penultimate Amazing
 
Newtons Bit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,022
I don't believe that Richard Gage's work is legitimate, so there you go.
__________________
"Structural Engineering is the art of molding materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze so as to understand forces we cannot really assess in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our own ignorance." James E Amrhein
Newtons Bit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2010, 08:29 AM   #24
bill smith
Philosopher
 
bill smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,408
Originally Posted by Mr.Herbert View Post
In all fairness to the dolt, this was from May of 2008. (he repeated this in June of the same year with Mark Roberts)
I well remember Gravy's post after that debate. It was thoroughly enjoyable.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=128
__________________
*Think WTC7 - You cannot make the four corners of a table fall together unless you cut the four legs together
*A kitchen table judgement on a world scale is enough
* To Citizens: 'There comes a time when silence is betrayal'

Last edited by bill smith; 17th February 2010 at 08:52 AM.
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2010, 10:55 AM   #25
sadhatter
Philosopher
 
sadhatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,694
Just another example of how it is impossible to prove anything ever to a conspiracy theorist.

Regardless of the evidence we show, it will always be branded as from big brother and therefore unusable.

How truthers cant see this is just a ploy by the big names to keep the cash flow flowing in is beyond me.

And as a final thought, i have still yet to receive an answer to the question i posed to conspiracy theorists. If all evidence to the contrary is always suspect, how could you possibly expect to be shown that your wrong in any part of your theory? I am not even saying your entire theory is wrong, but if one part is, how could you possibly ever be informed of your mistake when automatically all evidence that would show you made a mistake is discredited?
sadhatter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2010, 05:59 PM   #26
tsig
a carbon based life-form
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 39,049
Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Is Gage a traitor (protected by free speech), a terrorist apologist, a disrespectful idiot, a nut case, a fraud, a person who lies and takes money from dolts who agree with his moronic lies? The disease of terminal stupidity only strikes 1 out of 1,000 people who are dumbed down enough to agree with what Gage dishes out. Called terminal stupidity, TS™, Good NEWS, education cures TS™. As Gage claims the smoke pouring out of WTC7 is from other buildings, it is really bad Gage never talked to the FDNY about it, or found people who saw the fires and the building badly damaged by the WTC towers. Pathetic!

Gage's A-game. For 911 liars, 70 percent is close to 100 percent. And it appears 100 percent wrong, is the new right for 911 liars. A bunch of dolts could figure out 911, but not 911 truthliars who can't figure out anything about 911 save the date.

Gage offers no evidence, he spoons out idiotic ideas for those who can't think for themselves and can't see him as a fraud on 911. What happen, did Gage buy a franchise of stupid ideas from Jones and DRG?

Gage is the guy mommy told you about! Don't trust strangers, and Gage is the strange stranger mommy was hinting at.

I wonder if Gage is insane, has a brain problem, or is just a nasty disrespectful snake-oil salesman? With the few fringe conspracy theorist standing up for Gage and exposing their ignorance on many subjects and levels; they do so without evidence or knowledge and with complete disrespect to thsoe who died on 911 since they are evidence free and proved to be liars, supporters of liars, or just plan "dirt dumb stupid™".

In closing I list the massive pile of evidence Gage has:
1. {∅}

not even zero,

the special 911 liars math, rounds 70 percent to 100! sad
I thought the full equation is 2/3 = 70% = 100%.

Where = means "approximately"

By extension we can prove that 0 = 1 so therefore no facts = facts and this full supports the truther position.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2010, 06:01 PM   #27
tsig
a carbon based life-form
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 39,049
Originally Posted by JoeyDonuts View Post
You son of a bitch.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8135/...kingstupid.jpg

I mean, just look at him.

I can only hope that picture is of him suddenly realizing what a hack he is and vomiting all over the place.
Looks like he's bowing to his own awesomeness so he and Gage have a lot in common.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2010, 03:21 AM   #28
TheDaver
hairy farting brute
 
TheDaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 970
He's either lying through his teeth or hopelessly deluded. No third possibility.
__________________
>>>--------------->
TheDaver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:46 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.