IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags richard gage

Old 15th February 2010, 07:45 PM   #1
JamesB
Master Poster

Richard Gage Doesn't Believe There is any Legitimate Criticism of His Work

Richard Gage, from Saturday on Kevin Barrett's radio show:

Quote:
Barrett: How have the people who have tried to uphold the official version of 9/11 responded to this. You have had a fair amount of time now Richard going around giving talks all over the country, and the world, and you have drawn huge audiences everywhere from here to New Zealand. You have drawn the flak of the so called debunkers, people who are rather desparately trying to uphold the official story. At one point we were trying to have some 9/11 debates, between those of us on our side and somebody on the other side, and we never could find anyone on the other side willing to participate in these debates. What is your sense of what kind of opposition we have, do they have any valid points or are they completely blowing smoke? Have they alerted you to any weaknesses in your argument?

Gage: Well what they do is obscure what we are saying with our associations, or manufactured associations and calling us names like conspiracy theorists. What they don't do is look at the evidence that we provide clearly, and provide rational explanations as to where it might be coming from if it is not from explosive controlled demolition.
Now, the irony of going on Kevin Barrett's show and complaining about being smeared by "associations" is just too much.
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2010, 08:08 PM   #2
9/11 Chewy Defense
Banned

Quote:
Gage: Well what they do is obscure what we are saying with our associations, or manufactured associations and calling us names like conspiracy theorists. What they don't do is look at the evidence that we provide clearly, and provide rational explanations as to where it might be coming from if it is not from explosive controlled demolition.
LOL! Evidence that doesn't exist isn't evidence at all. I've got something for Gage:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gage Retarded.jpg (32.3 KB, 34 views)
9/11 Chewy Defense is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2010, 08:33 PM   #3
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Huge audiences?

*Snork*
Old 15th February 2010, 08:44 PM   #4
angrysoba
Philosophile

Has he done any work? I thought he just turned up with a slideshow of other people's long since debunked nonsense while on junkets "from here to New Zealand" and collected the cash. I suppose that's work of a kind. But if he hasn't produced any legitimate work then he can't expect criticism.

Anyway, the guy's lying. He gets called out all the time on how incoherent his "theories" are and he tells a different story each time to try and get out of it.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 02:11 AM   #5
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
His work? He just regurgitates Griffin's bilge, and Griffin's been debunked from here till eternity.

ETA: When was the last time we heard from Griffin? When he was supporting Al Moussatadeq, the convicted terrorist. Gage is clutching at the straws in a pigsty.

Last edited by Orphia Nay; 16th February 2010 at 02:13 AM.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 02:39 AM   #6
JoeyDonuts
Frequencies Not Known To Normals

Richard Gage is to the scientific method what Kevin Trudeau is to consumer protection.
Old 16th February 2010, 03:07 AM   #7
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
Richard Gage, from Saturday on Kevin Barrett's radio show:

Now, the irony of going on Kevin Barrett's show and complaining about being smeared by "associations" is just too much.
I'm sure you would like some Truther input here. Am I right ?
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 05:36 AM   #8
cyclonic
Muse

Tricky dicky believes WTC 7 sucks, 'negative pressure' sucked smoke from WTC 6 and made it appear that WTC 7 was on fire.
this theory is the only one that he made up by himself as far as i know.

gage speaks at 5.15 min.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

WARNING! FOUL LANGUAGE AT THE END OF THE VIDEO.
cyclonic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 05:55 AM   #9
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

Originally Posted by cyclonic View Post
Tricky dicky believes WTC 7 sucks, 'negative pressure' sucked smoke from WTC 6 and made it appear that WTC 7 was on fire.

gage speaks at 5.15 min.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

The variation may be unique to him but I've seen similar claims before from members here and from PP where the smoke from WTC7 was - according to them - from WTC 5 or 6.
Old 16th February 2010, 06:00 AM   #10
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

No words needed:

Mr.Herbert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 06:01 AM   #11
njslim
Graduate Poster

Who can argue with the boxes - its what clutched it for me.....
njslim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 06:15 AM   #12
bill smith
Philosopher

gage speaks at 5.15 min.
I AGREE

It's a pity Dylan felt strongly enough to swear. I don't really blame him but he should have been more restrained for the cameras.
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 07:56 AM   #13
cyclonic
Muse

Originally Posted by Mr.Herbert View Post
This intro song is just right.

I AGREE
cyclonic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 08:50 AM   #14
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

are you serious? Is he still doing that gig?
Old 16th February 2010, 11:00 AM   #15
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

This intro song is just right.

I AGREE

Mr.Herbert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 11:03 AM   #16
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
are you serious? Is he still doing that gig?
In all fairness to the dolt, this was from May of 2008. (he repeated this in June of the same year with Mark Roberts)
Old 16th February 2010, 08:17 PM   #17
Alferd_Packer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
from Saturday on Kevin Barrett's radio show:
You can stop right there.

I AGREE

Last edited by Alferd_Packer; 16th February 2010 at 08:19 PM.
Alferd_Packer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 08:29 PM   #18
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Quote:
Richard Gage Doesn't Believe There is any Legitimate Criticism of His Work

Heh. I'm pretty sure Gene Ray feels the same way about his work, too.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 08:36 PM   #19
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd View Post
Heh. I'm pretty sure Gene Ray feels the same way about his work, too.

As does Scott Stapp of Creed.
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 08:55 PM   #20
JoeyDonuts
Frequencies Not Known To Normals

Originally Posted by Drudgewire View Post
As does Scott Stapp of Creed.
You son of a bitch.

I mean, just look at him.

I can only hope that picture is of him suddenly realizing what a hack he is and vomiting all over the place.

Last edited by JoeyDonuts; 16th February 2010 at 08:57 PM.
JoeyDonuts is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2010, 10:01 PM   #21
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

a complete search of the Internet reveals Gage is evidence free

Is Gage a traitor (protected by free speech), a terrorist apologist, a disrespectful idiot, a nut case, a fraud, a person who lies and takes money from dolts who agree with his moronic lies? The disease of terminal stupidity only strikes 1 out of 1,000 people who are dumbed down enough to agree with what Gage dishes out. Called terminal stupidity, TS™, Good NEWS, education cures TS™. As Gage claims the smoke pouring out of WTC7 is from other buildings, it is really bad Gage never talked to the FDNY about it, or found people who saw the fires and the building badly damaged by the WTC towers. Pathetic!

Gage's A-game. For 911 liars, 70 percent is close to 100 percent. And it appears 100 percent wrong, is the new right for 911 liars. A bunch of dolts could figure out 911, but not 911 truthliars who can't figure out anything about 911 save the date.

Gage offers no evidence, he spoons out idiotic ideas for those who can't think for themselves and can't see him as a fraud on 911. What happen, did Gage buy a franchise of stupid ideas from Jones and DRG?

Gage is the guy mommy told you about! Don't trust strangers, and Gage is the strange stranger mommy was hinting at.

I wonder if Gage is insane, has a brain problem, or is just a nasty disrespectful snake-oil salesman? With the few fringe conspracy theorist standing up for Gage and exposing their ignorance on many subjects and levels; they do so without evidence or knowledge and with complete disrespect to thsoe who died on 911 since they are evidence free and proved to be liars, supporters of liars, or just plan "dirt dumb stupid™".

In closing I list the massive pile of evidence Gage has:
1. {∅}

not even zero,

the special 911 liars math, rounds 70 percent to 100! sad
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2010, 07:41 AM   #22
Jono
Master Poster

Quote:
Well what they do is obscure what we are saying with our associations, or manufactured associations and calling us names like conspiracy theorists. What they don't do is look at the evidence that we provide clearly, and provide rational explanations as to where it might be coming from if it is not from explosive controlled demolition.
Right, so when faced with the fact that you are contradicting yourself, six ways from sunday, every now and then on the fundamentally crucial details is, what?... slander?
Old 17th February 2010, 08:22 AM   #23
Newtons Bit
Penultimate Amazing

I don't believe that Richard Gage's work is legitimate, so there you go.
"Structural Engineering is the art of molding materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze so as to understand forces we cannot really assess in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our own ignorance." James E Amrhein
Newtons Bit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2010, 08:29 AM   #24
bill smith
Philosopher

In all fairness to the dolt, this was from May of 2008. (he repeated this in June of the same year with Mark Roberts)
I well remember Gravy's post after that debate. It was thoroughly enjoyable.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=128

Last edited by bill smith; 17th February 2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 17th February 2010, 10:55 AM   #25
sadhatter
Philosopher

Just another example of how it is impossible to prove anything ever to a conspiracy theorist.

Regardless of the evidence we show, it will always be branded as from big brother and therefore unusable.

How truthers cant see this is just a ploy by the big names to keep the cash flow flowing in is beyond me.

And as a final thought, i have still yet to receive an answer to the question i posed to conspiracy theorists. If all evidence to the contrary is always suspect, how could you possibly expect to be shown that your wrong in any part of your theory? I am not even saying your entire theory is wrong, but if one part is, how could you possibly ever be informed of your mistake when automatically all evidence that would show you made a mistake is discredited?
sadhatter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2010, 05:59 PM   #26
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Is Gage a traitor (protected by free speech), a terrorist apologist, a disrespectful idiot, a nut case, a fraud, a person who lies and takes money from dolts who agree with his moronic lies? The disease of terminal stupidity only strikes 1 out of 1,000 people who are dumbed down enough to agree with what Gage dishes out. Called terminal stupidity, TS™, Good NEWS, education cures TS™. As Gage claims the smoke pouring out of WTC7 is from other buildings, it is really bad Gage never talked to the FDNY about it, or found people who saw the fires and the building badly damaged by the WTC towers. Pathetic!

Gage's A-game. For 911 liars, 70 percent is close to 100 percent. And it appears 100 percent wrong, is the new right for 911 liars. A bunch of dolts could figure out 911, but not 911 truthliars who can't figure out anything about 911 save the date.

Gage offers no evidence, he spoons out idiotic ideas for those who can't think for themselves and can't see him as a fraud on 911. What happen, did Gage buy a franchise of stupid ideas from Jones and DRG?

Gage is the guy mommy told you about! Don't trust strangers, and Gage is the strange stranger mommy was hinting at.

I wonder if Gage is insane, has a brain problem, or is just a nasty disrespectful snake-oil salesman? With the few fringe conspracy theorist standing up for Gage and exposing their ignorance on many subjects and levels; they do so without evidence or knowledge and with complete disrespect to thsoe who died on 911 since they are evidence free and proved to be liars, supporters of liars, or just plan "dirt dumb stupid™".

In closing I list the massive pile of evidence Gage has:
1. {∅}

not even zero,

the special 911 liars math, rounds 70 percent to 100! sad
I thought the full equation is 2/3 = 70% = 100%.

Where = means "approximately"

By extension we can prove that 0 = 1 so therefore no facts = facts and this full supports the truther position.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2010, 06:01 PM   #27
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by JoeyDonuts View Post
You son of a bitch.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8135/...kingstupid.jpg

I mean, just look at him.

I can only hope that picture is of him suddenly realizing what a hack he is and vomiting all over the place.
Looks like he's bowing to his own awesomeness so he and Gage have a lot in common.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2010, 03:21 AM   #28
TheDaver
hairy farting brute

He's either lying through his teeth or hopelessly deluded. No third possibility.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories