ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Skeptical Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags avatars , tam , tam 8

Old 22nd March 2010, 01:50 PM   #1
Kochanski
Illuminator

Location: Anonymous Unimportant Place (not a secret Scorpion training facility for Shosuro ninjas)

Just want to let everyone know that I will be printing up avatar stickers for forum members to put on their badges.

For newer members, get your post counts up and pick your avatars.

I will post an avatar request thread sometime in June to get everyone's avatars.

I am going to try to do a better printing job than last year, I did them very last minute last year and they did not come out as nice as I would have liked.
http://longislanddoctorwho.com/
Kochanski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2010, 05:15 PM   #2
mumchup
Graduate Poster

Cool! Thanks Kochanski!
mumchup is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2010, 05:40 PM   #3
cStyle
Student

My post count is so low I do not know much about this, how many posts do you have to have to get James Camron again? oh, sorry, wrong Avatar...
cStyle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2010, 05:48 PM   #4
mumchup
Graduate Poster

I think you need another 40. Start posting all those "Me too" entries!
mumchup is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2010, 06:06 PM   #5
Wowbagger
The Infinitely Prolonged

Make sure you have a printer that can print the proper shade of green, this time.

(Not that I can really the difference. I scored poorly on the color differentiation test.)

SkeptiCamp NYC: http://www.skepticampnyc.org/
An open conference on science and skepticism, where you could be a presenter!

By the way, my first name is NOT Bowerick!!!!
Wowbagger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2010, 08:29 PM   #6
Kochanski
Illuminator

Location: Anonymous Unimportant Place (not a secret Scorpion training facility for Shosuro ninjas)
Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
Make sure you have a printer that can print the proper shade of green, this time.

(Not that I can really the difference. I scored poorly on the color differentiation test.)
My printer does 6 colors and usually does well provided I have time to get it set up right. Last year I did not have that time.

cStyle, go into community and post on some fun threads, you will get there fast
Kochanski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2010, 08:33 PM   #7
TsarBomba
One Damn Dirty Ape

Kochanski, you are the best!
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:11 PM   #8
Chicken Pot Pie
Bawkbagawk Bawkbagone!

Yes, Kochanski IS the best!

"Unlike some of the horrors in this forum, you just ain't intrinsically scary, CPP." Akhenaten
Chicken Pot Pie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2010, 02:22 AM   #9
RSLancastr

... and she makes kick-ass purple pillows!

Curious about Sylvia Browne? Read about her at www.StopSylvia.com.

Ever wonder "What's the Harm?" with psychics, alternative medicine, etc?
RSLancastr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2010, 02:52 AM   #10
Chris H
Magician Among Spirits

Originally Posted by RSLancastr View Post

Heya Robert. Are you planning on coming to TAM this year?
Chris H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2010, 06:54 AM   #11
Wowbagger
The Infinitely Prolonged

..and Jayne Cobb hats!

Wowbagger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2010, 08:53 AM   #12
SkepticScott
TAM Volunteer Guy

Originally Posted by Kochanski View Post
Just want to let everyone know that I will be printing up avatar stickers for forum members to put on their badges.
You're fantastic, Kochanski! Thank you.
Old 27th March 2010, 01:46 AM   #13
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Deputy Admin

Thanks for volunteering; I was at TAM London, and it would have been much easier to find other forum members there if avatar badges were being worn.

What size image will be best for you to work with? If you let us know now (or when you know, if you need to check printing options, etc.), that will give a bit more time for me to find the original photo and adjust it to size.

(I expect I'll be back to my usual avatar by June.)
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2010, 12:08 PM   #14
MLynn
Whippet of Peace

Kochanski - thanks! I don't even know if I can attend yet, but here is my regular avatar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mlynn.jpg (6.5 KB, 434 views)
MLynn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2010, 12:10 PM   #15
cwalner
Philosopher

planning on attending and have not changed my avatar since I first selected it
Old 28th March 2010, 01:32 PM   #16
MattusMaximus
Intellectual Gladiator

Groovy. Thanks K!
Old 28th March 2010, 08:24 PM   #17
Kochanski
Illuminator

I have Photoshop and Illustrator and can handle any size avatar and any file format. I will be able to resize if needed, so when I post the avatar thread, just give me what you have then. If there are any issues with size or format, I will let you know then.
Old 29th March 2010, 05:41 PM   #18
CriticalThanking
Designated Hitter

And Mobius scarves.

And origami pigasi.

CT
CriticalThanking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2010, 05:49 PM   #19
Miss_Kitt
Illuminator

Kochanski, you are indeed the best! I have the scarf, the avatar badge from last year, and the roommate to prove it!!

Thanks, Miss_Kitt
Miss_Kitt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2010, 07:39 AM   #20
exarch
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

I will post an avatar request thread sometime in June to get everyone's avatars.
I feel like I should put a reminder in my calendar, because I hardly ever post here any more and I might miss it
exarch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2010, 07:53 PM   #21
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

I'm changing my avatar for an upcoming game, so I'll post a big version of my usual one here, so it doesn't get lost:

Old 31st March 2010, 03:58 AM   #22
Cuddles
Penultimate Amazing

can handle any size avatar and any file format.
I accept your challenge.
Cuddles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2010, 11:17 AM   #23
exarch

Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
I accept your challenge.
I suppose you'll be the one walking around with the sandwich placard around your neck ...
exarch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2010, 01:53 PM   #24
Kochanski
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
I accept your challenge.
You doubt the powa of Photoshop? Tsk tsk
Old 31st March 2010, 05:53 PM   #25
mumchup
Graduate Poster

Ah Photoshop; is there nothing you can't do?

It's thanks to photoshop that I have my awesome avatar, Colonel Mantis.
Old 1st April 2010, 06:45 PM   #26
caglvo
Student

One post closer to having an avatar!
caglvo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2010, 08:22 PM   #27
cStyle
Student

Originally Posted by mumchup View Post
I think you need another 40. Start posting all those "Me too" entries!
I would never stoop to a "Me too" entry.... Thats to many characters, I would just say "me 2".
cStyle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2010, 11:00 PM   #28
Tsukasa Buddha
Other (please write in)

Nice, I was thinking of doing something like this. But then I remembered I have no photoshop skills .
Old 4th April 2010, 11:18 AM   #29
Wowbagger
The Infinitely Prolonged

Originally Posted by mumchup View Post
Ah Photoshop; is there nothing you can't do?
Apparently, it can't zoom and crop at the same time, for one thing.

Old 6th April 2010, 08:53 AM   #30
exarch

Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
Apparently, it can't zoom and crop at the same time, for one thing.
Impatience is to blame for many Photoshop disasters I'm sure ...
Old 16th April 2010, 09:13 AM   #31
HawaiiBigSis
List Management

I'll need one. Please use my mermaid (although I don't imagine it'll be animated...).
Old 16th April 2010, 03:17 PM   #32
MLynn
Whippet of Peace

Kochanski, I just found out that I am attending TAM, so please produce an avatar for me - see Post #14. Thanks!
MLynn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2010, 05:28 PM   #33
crocofish
Student

Looks like I'll have a gray sticker.
crocofish is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2010, 07:34 PM   #34
MLynn
Whippet of Peace

Originally Posted by crocofish View Post
Looks like I'll have a gray sticker.
Hey crocofish, why don't you attach a graphic of what your avatar will look like.
Old 16th April 2010, 07:47 PM   #35
HawaiiBigSis
List Management

Originally Posted by MLynn View Post
Hey crocofish, why don't you attach a graphic of what your avatar will look like.
I don't think he's got enough posts for an attachment. But hey, it's months away still, plenty time to get to both attachment and avatar level!
Old 18th April 2010, 05:11 PM   #36
Robo Sapien

New here, but working on it!
Robo Sapien is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2010, 11:53 AM   #37
HawaiiBigSis
List Management

Could I also request that my name (or all words on the label) be printed in blue comic sans? I just want to piss people off...
Old 19th April 2010, 03:59 PM   #38
Kochanski
Illuminator

For the avatars I just print the image and not the names, but otherwise, yes I can do that font and color.
Old 21st April 2010, 09:17 PM   #39
hcmom
Tagger

Half-way through April, nearly May, then only June to go...

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN!!!

hcmom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2010, 06:54 AM   #40
Cuddles
Penultimate Amazing

Incidentally, I'm not using my usual avatar at the moment, but the one I'd like on a badge is this one. Preferably animated.

Cuddles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Skeptical Events