ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alex jones

Reply
Old 11th May 2010, 07:13 PM   #1
GreNME
Philosopher
 
GreNME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,276
Looking for a List of Alex Jones' Most Antisemitic Statements

I have a relative who was genuinely incredulous when I mentioned that Alex Jones has been known to make antisemitic statements, and asked me to give examples. Having not saved or categorized such material before, I couldn't provide proof of my claim, which I think is fair of my relative to ask since I often ask him to provide evidence when he makes claims.

However, when doing some internet searches on the topic, the most popular results I can find have more to do with the spat between Jones and Jeff Rense about Jones being a Jewish shill. While that's ironically amusing, it's not really what I'm looking for. Does anyone have any links to blatantly obvious examples of Alex Jones' antisemitism?
__________________
Like love, criminals will always find a way. -- foxholeatheist

The kind of pacifism I endorse is brought about by eliminating one enemy combatant at a time.-- JoeyDonuts
GreNME is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2010, 07:33 PM   #2
Edx
Philosopher
 
Edx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,642
I dont know about that but its easy to prove AJ is a lying scumbag
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2010, 07:46 PM   #3
LightinDarkness
Master Poster
 
LightinDarkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,583
I think he generally knows hes is tip toeing on the hate speech line and sticks to slamming "The Zionists". I know the ADL has profiled him and exhaustively documented all his hate speech, but I can't seem to find it at the moment...
LightinDarkness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2010, 08:00 PM   #4
Baylor
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,394
Originally Posted by GreNME View Post
Does anyone have any links to blatantly obvious examples of Alex Jones' antisemitism?


I don't know why Alex Jones gets labeled as an anti-Semitist (other than stealing all his ideas from anti-Semitists and focusing the blame on the Anglo-Saxons and not the Jews.) Here are Jones's partners' policy about 'blaming the jews'

"Due to demand from users, a section detailing the Israeli Mossad's possible involvement in 9/11 has been created. This section will not tolerate blanket assumptions such as "the jews did it", nor will there be any tolerance shown for 'jew hating'. There will also be NO tolerance shown to any Holocaust Denial. The section will be heavily moderated to ensure, as much as possible, no offense (and thus flaming) be taken by anyone. There will be a three strikes policy. Warning > Suspension > Banning. Likewise, there will be no tolerance shown to general accusations of anti-semitism towards users who offer credible information regarding Israeli govt/Mossad crimes.

Thank you.
Loose Change Admin Staff"
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2010, 02:06 AM   #5
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger
 
rjh01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Flying around in the sky
Posts: 25,733
Just gave this thread a tag and looked at the threads it points to. This is the OP of a thread started in November 2008. You might find other relevant threads, though none other stood out.


Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
His Anti Semitism, that is. The term Zionist has pretty much replaced NWO over at infowars.
Not that it was not painfully obvious before, but now Jones is making no attempts to hide his belief that The Jews Are Behind Everything.
And on Wenesday Ron Paul was on the show sounding nuttier then usual.
Nice going guys.

NB: "His" in the quote means Alex Jones.
rjh01 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2010, 02:52 AM   #6
chainlink
Scholar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 97
I think that Alex Jones is more of a conspiracy theorist and anti-globalist - not particularly a Jew-hater. As he's on a mission to sniff out international conspiracies, Zionism could not be ignored, since it is after all a world-wide movement. It's funny that the more anti-Israel elements accuse him of dancing around the issue of Israel's (and its supporters) purported involvement in so many of the things he rails against.

He is also a leading "911 truther" - which also gets back to the Israeli connection. There are still a lot of unanswered questions, such as "what were the 'Israeli art students' really up to?" or "why did Israel send spies to America who followed the hijackers everywhere?"

As we all know, unanswered questions breed 'conspiractorialists' - among where InfoWars has found a home.
chainlink is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2010, 05:08 AM   #7
jezcoe
Scholar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 84
Jones has always been very careful about appearing too anti-semetic. That doesn't mean he refuses to have guests that are overtly racist. I stopped listening to Jones a while ago. It started to rot my brain and the entertainment factor of the loonies wore off.

I do read the blog ""Leaving Alex Jonestown" which does a good but sadly infrequent job of cataloging the crazy.

http://leavingalexjonestown.blogspot.com/
jezcoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2010, 08:25 AM   #8
Infoexcavator
Critical Thinker
 
Infoexcavator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 480
Alex Jones criticizes everyone he sees as working for the NWO, including some specific Jewish people. However its pretty ludicrous to call him anti-semitic, especially considering that his wife has Jewish bloodlines.

If it is hard to find anti-semitic material of someone who does a radio show 4 hours per day, it means that the person is not very anti-semitic.

Why does every conspiracy theorists have to be an anti-Semite, why does this come up all the time on JREF when its completely incorrect? If you think criticism about Israel is anti-semitic, then I guess most of the world is anti-semitic.

As for the ADL, the only thing I remember them doing about Alex Jones was after the Columbia disaster where a Jewish astronaut died but it was not really anti-semitic, just far fetched. http://www.adl.org/Anti_semitism/columbia.asp

I give you this youtube clip, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgiH2BkwdX4, you can pick many out of context quotes from it and claim they are anti-semitic.
__________________
Law Makes it a Crime to be Illegal Immigrant!

Last edited by Infoexcavator; 12th May 2010 at 08:46 AM.
Infoexcavator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2010, 11:28 AM   #9
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 47,976
I see our resident Alex Apologists has shown up.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2010, 12:01 PM   #10
LightinDarkness
Master Poster
 
LightinDarkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,583
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I see our resident Alex Apologists has shown up.
Just goes to show you the vapid state of the conspiracy thinking - they will even defend bigots like Alex Jones because hes all they've got. Infoexcavator apparently only reads the propaganda he wishes were true:

Quote:
A report circulated by conspiracist Alex Jones claimed the shuttle disaster was a "textbook psychological warfare operation," a "mass distraction/mass unifier" that was part of a plan the US government had laid out in the 1960s known as the "Northwoods" plan. This document included the assertion that the Joint Chiefs had proposed blaming Cuba if any problems arose with the 1962 launch of John Glenn.

Jones noted that he had proclaimed three weeks prior, "that there was a very good chance that the globalists would do something horrible concerning the latest Colombia mission." He went on to say,

"Understand, the psychological warfare technicians do not even need to publicly blame Iraq for the Columbia disaster. It will serve as a distraction in the global press during the final weeks of war preparation in the gulf. It will serve the dual purpose of unifying the country behind President Bush as he grandstands."

The other reasons why the disaster had to have been planned, according to Jones, was that,

"This is the first Israeli in space -- the fact that he died on board is given twice as much attention than the other six are getting combined. This is being used as a type of tribal bonding mechanism for the coming war for empire in the Middle East. "Our champion warriors died with your champion warriors..." - Jones's Web site, (2/1) 11 AM EST
Nothing wrong with that statement.

http://www.adl.org/Anti_semitism/columbia.asp
http://www.adl.org/special_reports/r...alex-jones.asp

The truth, is, of course, that Alex Jones and other conspiracy theorists spread propaganda which is based largely on anti-Semitic. Most of the trash they preach is based on the long debunked Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion, which was in and of itself a hoaxed document that was invented to stir up hatred of the jews. The CT argument of "oh his wife is jewish" is hilarious. It reminds me of people thinking that just because someone is married they are straight or just because someone has "black friends" they can't be racist. Its such a classical response.

Last edited by LightinDarkness; 12th May 2010 at 12:10 PM.
LightinDarkness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2010, 12:47 PM   #11
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 47,976
I think Alex tries to avoid the openly Anti Semetic stuff, but occasionally his true feelings come out.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2010, 02:57 PM   #12
Infoexcavator
Critical Thinker
 
Infoexcavator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 480
Oh man, I have been exposed.

But I did a topic about Jones disrupting a gun right rally, I am balanced!
__________________
Law Makes it a Crime to be Illegal Immigrant!

Last edited by Infoexcavator; 12th May 2010 at 03:03 PM.
Infoexcavator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2010, 03:09 PM   #13
Thunder
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 34,918
I think Jones is more anti-Hispanic than he is anti-Jewish.

He jumps on the issues that connect to populism, and anti-Semitism is no longer one of them.

though, if this was 1939, he would be totally railing against the "Evil Jews".

Last edited by Thunder; 12th May 2010 at 03:10 PM.
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2010, 04:20 PM   #14
LightinDarkness
Master Poster
 
LightinDarkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,583
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
I think Jones is more anti-Hispanic than he is anti-Jewish.

He jumps on the issues that connect to populism, and anti-Semitism is no longer one of them.

though, if this was 1939, he would be totally railing against the "Evil Jews".
Yeah I think this is a good point. Jones bigotry is aimed whatever gets him the most listeners at the time. Currently, its not the "evil jews" but anti-Semitic rhetoric will undoubtedly come back into style again...and Jones will be there to lead the populist hysteria just as he does against "evil" corporations and banks.

I still am on the fence on whether he really believes it - although that doesn't excuse him using this sort of propaganda. I am just not sure whether he repeats it to get listeners or is genuinely hate filled.
LightinDarkness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2010, 04:47 PM   #15
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 47,976
How anybody can take Alex Jones seriously, I just do not understand. He comes off like a Saturady Night Live parody of a Conspiracy Wackjob.
BTW I still think his masterpiece of stupidity is his "Watchmen" review. Take about not getting something.....
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2010, 05:57 PM   #16
NWOisBunk
Scholar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 83
Alex does associate with anti-semites like Ted Pike and Texe Marrs. I wish I had the recording but there was a time where a caller brought up the theory that today's Jews were not really Jews but Khazars and Alex reluctantly agreed with the caller. He is very weary of being labeled anti-semite... However, he does associate with people whose rhetoric is pretty anti-semitic... the most prominent examples being Ted Pike and Texe Marrs.
NWOisBunk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2010, 07:28 PM   #17
Thunder
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 34,918
Originally Posted by NWOisBunk View Post
Alex does associate with anti-semites like Ted Pike and Texe Marrs. I wish I had the recording but there was a time where a caller brought up the theory that today's Jews were not really Jews but Khazars and Alex reluctantly agreed with the caller.
Jones is too sophisticated...to be anti-Semitic. And he "agrees" with all sorts of nonesense he hears from people. It doesn't mean he really.....believes it.
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2010, 11:05 AM   #18
ktesibios
Worthless Aging Hippie
 
ktesibios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,493
Originally Posted by NWOisBunk View Post
Alex does associate with anti-semites like Ted Pike and Texe Marrs. I wish I had the recording but there was a time where a caller brought up the theory that today's Jews were not really Jews but Khazars and Alex reluctantly agreed with the caller. He is very weary of being labeled anti-semite... However, he does associate with people whose rhetoric is pretty anti-semitic... the most prominent examples being Ted Pike and Texe Marrs.
Hmm.. interesting. The Khazar schtick is diagnostic of someone who gets their worldview from neo-Nazi Web sites in much the same way that a jagged, bloody bone protruding from the flesh is diagnostic of a compound fracture.

One would think that a conspiracism maven like Jones would know that.
__________________
Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst, where there ain't no ten commandments and a man can raise a small, bristly mustache.
ktesibios is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2010, 05:08 AM   #19
tensordyne
Muse
 
tensordyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 693
Khazars and Judaism

Originally Posted by ktesibios View Post
Hmm.. interesting. The Khazar schtick is diagnostic of someone who gets their worldview from neo-Nazi Web sites in much the same way that a jagged, bloody bone protruding from the flesh is diagnostic of a compound fracture.

One would think that a conspiracism maven like Jones would know that.
Is Wikipedia a Neo-nazi website? I am just asking because if you look up Khazars on that site it has a huge section on how the Khazars converted to Judaism and how that played out in the greater world. Here is one part.


In the 7th century, the Khazars founded an independent Khaganate in the Northern Caucasus along the Caspian Sea. Although the Khazars were initially Tengri shamanists, many converted to the Abrahamic faiths through interaction with the Byzantine Empire and successive Islamic caliphates; during the 8th or 9th century, the Khaganate adopted Judaism as the state religion. At their height, the Khazars and their tributaries controlled much of what is today southern Russia, western Kazakhstan, eastern Ukraine, Azerbaijan, large portions of the Northern Caucasus (Circassia, Dagestan, Chechnya), parts of Georgia and the Crimea.


Huh, maybe Alex Jones was correct in pointing out that the vast majority of Jews, both before and after the Holocaust, are of Khazarian descent. Or is Wikipedia just another of those whacked out conspiracy theorist web sites?

By the way, it is really tiring this idea that anyone who has condemnation of the business practice of Fractional Reserve Banking and Central Banks means you are antisemitic. First off, antisemitic has changed meaning to antijewish because if you are an antisemite you should be against arabs as much as you are against levant jews. They are both semitic peoples. Finally, antisemitic is NOT the same as antizionist. As a general principle, who can complain with the idea that a set of people want a home. Unfortunately the home they want was already populated with Muslims at the time. Oh well, displace them and set up an Apartheid state. If you do not think that Israel is not an Apartheid state in all but name, then you are a fool. Why didn't the Zionists try and call their state Abraham or something? Something, anything on which they could have common ground with the resident population already there. Antizionist does not equal Antisemitic, although the ADL will sure try and make you think so.

Secondly, Alex Jones has a Jewish wife, a multicultural staff and I have listened to his show to hear signs of whether he is racist or not. He is not. I am a white gay atheist guy and it makes me sick having to hear people slam Alex Jones on such things. If he hangs out with people like Texe Marrs maybe you should consider that, like all of us, he values some things others have to say and does not value other things they have to say. Is that too much of a stretch? For Texe, maybe the things he values is his insights into the NWO religion?

If you wanna blast him, you should do so on his Economic views. Blast him on his contention that Austrian Economics makes sense (I will agree with you). Blast him on his contention that the ADL and the Southern Poverty Law Center are using race baiting in cahoots with the "powers that be" to keep us divided in the US (I will disagree unless you have good evidence to the contrary). Blast him on his thinking that the US should be a "Christian" nation or his and the Patriot movements lack of respect for the seperation of Church and State. Blast him on not getting LGBT issues at all and I will agree with you. Blast him on his pro-life stance. Whatever you do, please have evidence and some good reasoning. That is something I see very much lacking on these forums.

I do not agree with Alex Jones on everything. I do not expect anyone to agree with me on everything either, but it seems to me half that the people who make little one-liner comments on how much of a whack-job he is on these forums have not even taken the time to see if anything he says makes any sense at all. If someone is wrong about X that does not mean they are wrong about everything. That is just good old fashioned logic. Try it out sometime.
tensordyne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2010, 08:22 AM   #20
Infoexcavator
Critical Thinker
 
Infoexcavator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 480
Great post.

I am an expert on the Alex Jones Show and most of the postings about it are completely false, a lot of people here are more based on prejudice than skepticism. The whole premise of this thread is ridiculous, the OP even admits he found nothing anti-semitic, but because Alex is a conspiracy theorist he must also be an anti-Semite, this is a logical fallacy.
__________________
Law Makes it a Crime to be Illegal Immigrant!
Infoexcavator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2010, 10:00 AM   #21
TSR
Illuminator
 
TSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,783
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
Is Wikipedia a Neo-nazi website? I am just asking because if you look up Khazars on that site it has a huge section on how the Khazars converted to Judaism and how that played out in the greater world. Here is one part.
.
Which does not say
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
... the vast majority of Jews, both before and after the Holocaust, are of Khazarian descent.
.
so why do you try to suggest it does?
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
First off, antisemitic has changed meaning to antijewish because if you are an antisemite you should be against arabs as much as you are against levant jews.
.
Except for the teeny tiny fact that the word was coined as a "more scientific" way to say judenhass and has always meant prejudice against or hostility towards Jews.
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
Finally, antisemitic is NOT the same as antizionist. As a general principle, who can complain with the idea that a set of people want a home. Unfortunately the home they want was already populated with Muslims
.
... and Jews ...
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
at the time. Oh well, displace them and set up an Apartheid state.
.
You misspelled "buy their land, with their complete cooperation."
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
If you do not think that Israel is not an Apartheid state in all but name, then you are a fool.
.
Or simply not blinded by hate.
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
Why didn't the Zionists try and call their state Abraham or something? Something, anything on which they could have common ground with the resident population already there. Antizionist does not equal Antisemitic, although the ADL will sure try and make you think so.
.
As do racists like our own Saggy who freely admit they mean "Jew" when they say "Zionist" but believe the latter to be less offensive to normal people and so try to hide their antisemitism by deliberately conflating the two.
.
TSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2010, 03:40 PM   #22
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing
 
Brainster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 17,581
I'm no fan of Alex, but I have to say that I've never heard him say anything that I would construe as anti-semitic. As Thunder mentioned, he's far more likely to be anti-Hispanic. I remember him mentioning that he has a cousin who owns a bar, and that the Mexicans who come into the bar all talk (in Spanish) about how they can't wait until they get the order to kill the gringos. Alex also claims that when he was 17 a gang of four Mexicans intentionally broke his leg in a fight.
__________________
My new blog: Recent Reads.
1960s Comic Book Nostalgia
Visit the Screw Loose Change blog.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2010, 03:54 PM   #23
tensordyne
Muse
 
tensordyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 693
TSR mania

First off, my Apologies, this forum is retardedly unable to handle quotes within quotes or something. That said, I will try and make clear who is being quoted when.

Originally Posted by tensordyne
Is Wikipedia a Neo-nazi website? I am just asking because if you look up Khazars on that site it has a huge section on how the Khazars converted to Judaism and how that played out in the greater world. Here is one part.

TSR
.
Which does not say
.

Originally Posted by tensordyne
... the vast majority of Jews, both before and after the Holocaust, are of Khazarian descent.

Originally Posted by TSR
.
so why do you try to suggest it does?
.

Good point. I really have no idea if the vast majority of Jews either before or after the Holocaust were Khazarian. I really could care less if any given permutation of more or less Khazarian Jews made up the Jewish population either before or after the Holocaust, as it makes no difference to my outlook on life in any way. I would imagine it is simply a point historical interest that can hopefully be resolved one way or the other if anyone is so interested.

There was some talk about Neo-nazi's caring about this issue for some reason. Maybe I should try and see if that is the case. So, does anyone have any ready sources on the matter?

So here are the questions. Are the Khazarian Jews most of the Jews both before and after the Holocaust or not? Why is this of interest to Neo-nazi types?

You are mistaken TSR if you think I have a bone to pick about this issue. The more information the better will allow me to decide what is the case. Generally, on all issues it is best not to have an ego, that way, if you are wrong, it does not sting so much. So what is the deal? Please inform me if you can.

Originally Posted by tensordyne
First off, antisemitic has changed meaning to antijewish because if you are an antisemite you should be against arabs as much as you are against levant jews.

Originally Posted by TSR
.
Except for the teeny tiny fact that the word was coined as a "more scientific" way to say judenhass and has always meant prejudice against or hostility towards Jews.
.

Yes, that is very true from what I can tell of the Wikipedia entry on the same. Sorry, I like my words to make etymological sense. If historical precedent means that that is what the word means, then who am I to complain?

Originally Posted by tensordyne
Finally, antisemitic is NOT the same as antizionist. As a general principle, who can complain with the idea that a set of people want a home. Unfortunately the home they want was already populated with Muslims

Originally Posted by TSR
.
... and Jews ...
.

and Christians and donkeys, so what? The majority was Muslim beforehand or was it not? I am not trying to ask that as a leading question but as a simple question about the facts in the case.

Originally Posted by tensordyne
at the time. Oh well, displace them and set up an Apartheid state.

Originally Posted by TSR
.
You misspelled "buy their land, with their complete cooperation."
.

Yep, there is quite a bit of land that was bought and is still being bought with complete cooperation of various Muslims involved. Does that mean that the settlers and the fences do not take away land forcefully away from Palestinians? Or that Isreal as a Nation has not engaged in ethnic cleansing? Or that Israel has not been caught on tape having its soldiers breaking Palestinian boy's arms at the Elbows? This list can go on you know.

First off, what in the world where the original people thinking trying to set up a Nation State in the middle of a place mostly filled with Palestinian Muslims? Secondly, I do not like the idea of any modern Nation being based on a Religion or having strong basis on such, so I will never really like the idea of Isreal for that reason alone. Don't worry, I do not like that Great Britain has a Queen either, or that Saudi Arabia is filled with Princes. I find it Archaic we live in a world where Governments exist that still base their right to govern on some father figure in the sky and not on the consent of the governed. Sorry, I am irredeemably founding fathers of the US about that issue.

Originally Posted by tensordyne
If you do not think that Israel is not an Apartheid state in all but name, then you are a fool.

Originally Posted by TSR
.
Or simply not blinded by hate.
.

Really, is Jimmy Carter blinded by hate when he wrote a book with that in the title? Give me a break. The ADL would probably want to make you think he is some Jew hater or something. Seriously though, if someone like Jimmy Carter complains about your state being Apartheid then maybe you should seriously think about it. Is it not the case for instance that Palestinians have to wait in long lines to go from one zone to the next? What are the living standards like for Palestinians anyways? Are they comparable to Israeli citizens, or do they drink from filthy water and have to worry about snipers wherever they go? Sounds pretty hellishly Apartheid-like to me.

But then, maybe I am wrong, by all means TSR, fill me in with a bigger picture if you think I am lacking information in some department, because as far as I can tell it does not look good.

Originally Posted by tensordyne
Why didn't the Zionists try and call their state Abraham or something? Something, anything on which they could have common ground with the resident population already there. Antizionist does not equal Antisemitic, although the ADL will sure try and make you think so.

Originally Posted by TSR
.
As do racists like our own Saggy who freely admit they mean "Jew" when they say "Zionist" but believe the latter to be less offensive to normal people and so try to hide their antisemitism by deliberately conflating the two.
.

Ahhh, TSR, I do not like the sound of this Saggy character but I sure know the difference between Zionist and Jew. Let me give you an instructive example. From what I have read, Einstein was a cultural Zionist. He supported the idea of a Jewish Homeland that would revive Jewish Culture and be situated in Palestine. He also said that it should only happen if it can be assured that whomever was already there would have equal rights with the Jews who were to settle there. Sounds admirable to me.

Later, when he saw how things went so badly he no longer thought it was such a good idea. Here is an interesting article about Einstein's views on Zionism.

http: // www . globalwebpost . com / farooqm / writings / other / einstein.htm

Even more so though, I do not see why it is a logical fallacy to have Jews that are not Zionists? What if I was a completely secular Jew, did not like the idea of naming a state after something Biblical and would much rather have a completely modern state and not a modern Jewish state as Israel is so often called? Wouldn't that make me an Anti-Zionist Jew? Shudder the thought.

By all means TSR, please inform me if you find anything amiss here. This is a complicated issue fraught with all sorts of baggage. I would suggest to you though TSR that the worst thing you can not handle is someone who is neutral and fair. Someone who is a humanist and thinks that special religious claims to land is a bunch of self righteous nonsense. Israel is doing to the Palestinians what the US did to the Native Amerindian peoples. Or do you also believe in Manifest Destiny?

Have fun.
tensordyne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2010, 03:56 PM   #24
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA! USA!
Posts: 22,014
If you want to copy an entire post worth of seeded quotes, click the little envelope button on the bottom left, that says "Quote this post as a PM." Then just select the text, copy it , hit the back button and paste into your message.

Also, you have 15 or more posts, so you can post links.
carlitos is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2010, 06:39 PM   #25
GreNME
Philosopher
 
GreNME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,276
Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
I'm no fan of Alex, but I have to say that I've never heard him say anything that I would construe as anti-semitic. As Thunder mentioned, he's far more likely to be anti-Hispanic. I remember him mentioning that he has a cousin who owns a bar, and that the Mexicans who come into the bar all talk (in Spanish) about how they can't wait until they get the order to kill the gringos. Alex also claims that when he was 17 a gang of four Mexicans intentionally broke his leg in a fight.
I wasn't trying to say that Alex Jones himself is a raging anti-semite. However, he does have a history of using both anti-semitic materials for his specific brand(s) of woo, and I recall the few times I've listened to him for more than ten minutes he's usually reliable to spout off something "anti-Zionist" that tends to just be code for anti-Jew.

In other words, he has a habit of saying antisemitic things or basing off antisemitic premises for his theories, though he may very well not hold any overtly antisemitic personal beliefs himself. The mentions of his references to the Protocols of Zion junk is a good example.
__________________
Like love, criminals will always find a way. -- foxholeatheist

The kind of pacifism I endorse is brought about by eliminating one enemy combatant at a time.-- JoeyDonuts
GreNME is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2010, 07:01 PM   #26
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 18,197
In other words, despite Alex Jones Fans on the one hand and Brainster and "Thunder" - *giggles* - on the other hand agreeing that he isn't an antisemite, you wont inform your relative that you mislead him with your uninformed, obviously false claim?
__________________
Audiatur et altera pars
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2010, 07:06 PM   #27
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,494
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
First off, my Apologies, this forum is retardedly unable to handle quotes within quotes or something. That said, I will try and make clear who is being quoted when.
All you need to do is hilight the text and hit the "quote" button.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Repeat as often as you need or like.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2010, 07:11 PM   #28
TSR
Illuminator
 
TSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,783
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
Originally Posted by tensordyne
Is Wikipedia a Neo-nazi website? I am just asking because if you look up Khazars on that site it has a huge section on how the Khazars converted to Judaism and how that played out in the greater world. Here is one part.

TSR
.
Which does not say
.

Originally Posted by tensordyne
... the vast majority of Jews, both before and after the Holocaust, are of Khazarian descent.

Originally Posted by TSR
.
so why do you try to suggest it does?
.

Good point.
.
Yeah, one which you run from addressing.
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
I really have no idea if the vast majority of Jews either before or after the Holocaust were Khazarian.
.
Then why do you claim Jones is right about it?
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
So here are the questions. Are the Khazarian Jews most of the Jews both before and after the Holocaust or not? Why is this of interest to Neo-nazi types?
.
You brought up the matter -- why don't you tell us?
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
First off, antisemitic has changed meaning to antijewish because if you are an antisemite you should be against arabs as much as you are against levant jews.

Originally Posted by TSR
.
Except for the teeny tiny fact that the word was coined as a "more scientific" way to say judenhass and has always meant prejudice against or hostility towards Jews.
.

Yes, that is very true from what I can tell of the Wikipedia entry on the same. Sorry, I like my words to make etymological sense. If historical precedent means that that is what the word means, then who am I to complain?
.
And yet you did.
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
Finally, antisemitic is NOT the same as antizionist. As a general principle, who can complain with the idea that a set of people want a home. Unfortunately the home they want was already populated with Muslims

Originally Posted by TSR
.
... and Jews ...
.

and Christians and donkeys, so what?
.
So, you conveniently chose not to mention this fact.

Any reason you wanted it not to be on recird?
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
The majority was Muslim beforehand or was it not? I am not trying to ask that as a leading question but as a simple question about the facts in the case.
.
Then why don't you offer a citation to support a claim you've already made?
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
at the time. Oh well, displace them and set up an Apartheid state.

Originally Posted by TSR
.
You misspelled "buy their land, with their complete cooperation."
.

Yep, there is quite a bit of land that was bought and is still being bought with complete cooperation of various Muslims involved.
.
And yet, you tried to suggest otherwise with your whine about "apartheid"
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
Does that mean that the settlers and the fences do not take away land forcefully away from Palestinians? Or that Isreal as a Nation has not engaged in ethnic cleansing? Or that Israel has not been caught on tape having its soldiers breaking Palestinian boy's arms at the Elbows? This list can go on you know.
.
No, there hsa been no "ethnic cleansing."

Shall we talk about Palestinian children with bombs strapped to their chests?
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
First off, what in the world where the original people thinking trying to set up a Nation State in the middle of a place mostly filled with Palestinian Muslims?
.
It wasn't.
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
Secondly, I do not like the idea of any modern Nation being based on a Religion or having strong basis on such, so I will never really like the idea of Isreal for that reason alone. Don't worry, I do not like that Great Britain has a Queen either, or that Saudi Arabia is filled with Princes. I find it Archaic we live in a world where Governments exist that still base their right to govern on some father figure in the sky and not on the consent of the governed. Sorry, I am irredeemably founding fathers of the US about that issue.
.
And yet, the only State you complain about is that created for the Jews.

Funny, that.
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
If you do not think that Israel is not an Apartheid state in all but name, then you are a fool.

Originally Posted by TSR
.
Or simply not blinded by hate.
.

Really, is Jimmy Carter blinded by hate when he wrote a book with that in the title?
.
Appeal to authority rejected.
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
Give me a break. The ADL would probably want to make you think he is some Jew hater or something.
.
Evidence? Didin't think so.

And another appeal to authority rejected.
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
Seriously though, if someone like Jimmy Carter complains about your state
.
"My" state?

Keep showing your irrational hatred.
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
being Apartheid then maybe you should seriously think about it. Is it not the case for instance that Palestinians have to wait in long lines to go from one zone to the next?
.
How about Israeli Arabs?

How long is the line for an Israeli Arab to go to, say, Iran?
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
What are the living standards like for Palestinians anyways? Are they comparable to Israeli citizens, or do they drink from filthy water and have to worry about snipers wherever they go? Sounds pretty hellishly Apartheid-like to me.
.
But then, you are demonstrably anti-Israel.
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
But then, maybe I am wrong, by all means TSR, fill me in with a bigger picture if you think I am lacking information in some department, because as far as I can tell it does not look good.
.
Why is *anyone* with an Israeli passport -- Arab or Jew -- denied entry to Iran?
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post

Even more so though, I do not see why it is a logical fallacy to have Jews that are not Zionists?
.
Easy. It's not. Except to Jew haters.
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
By all means TSR, please inform me if you find anything amiss here. This is a complicated issue fraught with all sorts of baggage. I would suggest to you though TSR that the worst thing you can not handle is someone who is neutral and fair. Someone who is a humanist and thinks that special religious claims to land is a bunch of self righteous nonsense. Israel is doing to the Palestinians what the US did to the Native Amerindian peoples. Or do you also believe in Manifest Destiny?
Have fun.
[/quote]
.
Suggest all you want: you still have no idea what *my* opinions regarding Zionism are, nor any reason to assume as you do save for your irrational hatred.

Oh, *do* try to pretend your posts here don't expose that hatred -- I would *so* love to document that your irrationality blinds you to your constant revelation of that hatred.
.
TSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2010, 08:13 PM   #29
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger
 
AJM8125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21,179
http://www.prisonplanet.com/maximum-...community.html

Originally Posted by Prison Planet
For the first time, the ADL and their cohorts are acknowledging that the grass roots has the power to stop their agenda for world government in its tracks. This represents a massive sea change and proves that we are having an important impact, but it also serves as a warning because it’s glaringly obvious that the establishment is now committed to taking us down, either by means of character assassination, set-up, or worse.

From the thread: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=159565
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2010, 08:28 AM   #30
angrysoba
Philosophile
 
angrysoba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Osaka, Japan
Posts: 27,171
Despite all the other wacky garbage Alex Jones spews out I think the charge of anti-semitism is wrong.

In fact, Alex Jones gets a lot of abuse from the more sinister end of conspiracy theorism like the blog of the guy who killed his own wife and then himself, Curtis Maynard, for not being critical of Jews and for having a Jewish wife (though Maynard himself was a hypocrite as well as a racist white supremacist).
__________________
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2010, 10:38 AM   #31
MaGZ
Philosopher
 
MaGZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,914
The worst thing anyone can be on this forum is to be an antisemite.

That should tell you newbies something.
MaGZ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2010, 11:01 AM   #32
sadhatter
Philosopher
 
sadhatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,694
Originally Posted by MaGZ View Post
The worst thing anyone can be on this forum is to be an antisemite.

That should tell you newbies something.
" the worst someone could be on this forum is a rapist, that should tell you something."

Does something not seem wrong with your logic now? If not i could explain it to you.
sadhatter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2010, 01:19 PM   #33
tensordyne
Muse
 
tensordyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 693
TSR = Israel Blameless = Anyone who thinks not is Racist

Originally Posted by TSR
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
Originally Posted by tensordyne
Is Wikipedia a Neo-nazi website? I am just asking because if you look up Khazars on that site it has a huge section on how the Khazars converted to Judaism and how that played out in the greater world. Here is one part.

TSR
.
Which does not say
.

Originally Posted by tensordyne
... the vast majority of Jews, both before and after the Holocaust, are of Khazarian descent.

Originally Posted by TSR
.
so why do you try to suggest it does?
.

Good point.
.
Yeah, one which you run from addressing.
.

Wrong. I addressed it by saying you had a good point and that that introduced doubt into my own mind as to the objective nature of whether most Jews are, or are not, of Khazarian descent. That is addressing it. To not address it I would have had to not respond at all. Does that make you a liar TSR? Or am I stepping over some forum rules by saying so. I hope not, you have all but called me a racist, so what is good for the goose is good for the gander I would suppose. Oh well. If you are a liar about me being a racist as well too, what does it matter if you tell one more lie?

Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
I really have no idea if the vast majority of Jews either before or after the Holocaust were Khazarian.
.
Then why do you claim Jones is right about it?
.

Well let's see, did I? Is this going to go down some legalistic word parsing road? Let's start out fresh on this topic. I dimly remembered reading somewhere that most Jews are of Khazarian descent. This is a forum, so let's debate it if you want. All this talk about Khazarian Jews is starting to make me curious though whether it is the case. I have yet to look it up but I hope I will given the time.

Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
So here are the questions. Are the Khazarian Jews most of the Jews both before and after the Holocaust or not? Why is this of interest to Neo-nazi types?
.
You brought up the matter -- why don't you tell us?
.

I did not bring it up. ktesibios was the first person to mention it on this thread, so far as I can tell. This get's to another point though, I have noticed you do not make any positive assertions in your responses, or very few at least. That must be nice. Just sit there and do whack-a-mole on anything anyone says. Yes, that way you can seem objective and yet still not have to put anything on the line.

As I have already introduced a number of topics, I challenge you to make an assertion on this matter. Scared to?

Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
First off, antisemitic has changed meaning to antijewish because if you are an antisemite you should be against arabs as much as you are against levant jews.

Originally Posted by TSR
.
Except for the teeny tiny fact that the word was coined as a "more scientific" way to say judenhass and has always meant prejudice against or hostility towards Jews.
.

Yes, that is very true from what I can tell of the Wikipedia entry on the same. Sorry, I like my words to make etymological sense. If historical precedent means that that is what the word means, then who am I to complain?
.
And yet you did.
.

Yep, I did complain. No argument there. Do you know what a conversation is TSR? How it has give and take. That was me giving. Now you ask me to give some more. OK, there you go, I like my words to be consistent. Semitic is not just Jewish, so antisemitic is not just anti-jewish, except it is. Oh well, you won on that glorious count TSR. Take pride in your magnificent display of looking things up in wikipedia.

Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
Finally, antisemitic is NOT the same as antizionist. As a general principle, who can complain with the idea that a set of people want a home. Unfortunately the home they want was already populated with Muslims

Originally Posted by TSR
.
... and Jews ...
.

and Christians and donkeys, so what?
.
So, you conveniently chose not to mention this fact.

Any reason you wanted it not to be on recird?
.

Record I hope is the last part. I am noticing another pattern. insidious accusations. Little slights given here and there. I did not choose not to mention these facts (that Jews, Muslims, Christians, donkeys and no doubt even some Atheists or other people and so on)

To be honest (which I have a feeling you are not TSR), I did not remember about the native population of Jews and Christians that have been in that area until you brought it up. I should have said "mostly populated with Muslims". Thank you for allowing me to clarify that point. Do you dispute that until the Jewish settlers arrived that the area was mostly Muslim? Or do you think it was mostly Jewish? or Christian? or Take your Pick?

Get real. Anyone with some decent common sense knows what I meant. You probably did as well but decided to engage in one of your favorite tactics of side swiping. By the way, do you care to address the issue that most of the population in pre-Israel Palestine were Muslim at all? That Muslims as well as Christians have had a serious history of Judenhass? That maybe it was not wise to take over an area filled with possible racists?

Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
The majority was Muslim beforehand or was it not? I am not trying to ask that as a leading question but as a simple question about the facts in the case.
.
Then why don't you offer a citation to support a claim you've already made?
.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine#20th_century

In 1914 Palestine had a population of 657,000 Muslim Arabs, 81,000 Christian Arabs, and 59,000 Jews.

Which comes from McCarthy, Justin (1990). "The Population of Palestine: Population History and Statistics of the Late Ottoman Period and the Mandate".

That took me about a minute to find. Are skeptics supposed to be lazy, or is it just you TSR? I mean, I would have thought that this is common knowledge, but given the nature of this forum, I can understand you asking me for a source. What I find curious though is that when I am skeptical about someones claims, I take the time to look first before asking others to provide proof. Then if I do not find a source I ask for one. It is called doing your own leg work. Is it your policy to have others do your leg work for you, or is this just a particular example of failed pseudo-skepticism?

Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
at the time. Oh well, displace them and set up an Apartheid state.

Originally Posted by TSR
.
You misspelled "buy their land, with their complete cooperation."
.

Yep, there is quite a bit of land that was bought and is still being bought with complete cooperation of various Muslims involved.
.
And yet, you tried to suggest otherwise with your whine about "apartheid"
.

Good God but do you have a simplistic view of the world, don't you now? Do I have to do your homework for you again? Here is an exercise for you TSR, try and find evidence or claims on-line or elsewhere where people claim that Palestinians were displaced from their homes or places of business because of actions by the Israeli state.

I am not requiring you find it if it does not exist, just that you make an honest attempt. Of course only you will know if you made an honest attempt. Now, if you find nothing, I will accept that and look on my own. If I find sources of evidence showing that the state of Israel was complicit in displacing Palestinians, I will call you on it.

I think this is fair. You asked me to source the population issue. I did. Now I want to see if you have similar abilities to my own to ferret out information. This looking for evidence cuts both ways TSR, even if you are not making any claims if you even comment on another claim you are responsible to try and do at least a little work.

Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
Does that mean that the settlers and the fences do not take away land forcefully away from Palestinians? Or that Isreal as a Nation has not engaged in ethnic cleansing? Or that Israel has not been caught on tape having its soldiers breaking Palestinian boy's arms at the Elbows? This list can go on you know.
.
No, there hsa been no "ethnic cleansing."

Shall we talk about Palestinian children with bombs strapped to their chests?
.

No ethnic cleansing. I could say add that to your list of homework. I have already asked you to do one task, so maybe doing another keyword search is too much to ask. Oh well, I will act as your researcher for you and put up a list of links.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2002/de...isra-d03.shtml

http://www.rense.com/general48/chall.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_cleansing

etc. (lots more links to be sure).

I think you start having spelling errors when you get mad if I were to guess. Oh well, so I reject your argument based on appeal to ignorance. Lots and lots of people call the removal of Palestinians ethnic cleansing. It is perhaps one of the prime examples, that an Rwanda.

Now you finally bring up something like an assertion with noting that there are Palestinian children with bombs strapped to their chest. Good for you. It is about time. Yes, I do not doubt there have been men, women and children who have had bombs strapped to their chests. Even bombs that have exploded. I deplore such acts of violence. Two or more wrongs does not make a right.

I solemnly wish that the state of Israel and its outlying areas was a region of peace and harmony. It is not. I do not care to even try to point fingers at who started it all. It is all so insanely deplorable that it makes me physically ill if I think about it too much.

That said, after looking at the evidence, to the best of my abilities, I still think that the party most likely to be able to start to set things straight is the United States of America. If tomorrow Obama was to get on a podium and say that it will be the policy of the US to no longer offer any form of support to the state of Israel until as such time as Israel moved all settlers back into the pre-1974 line (I hope I am getting that right... eek), started demolish the walls outside that line, recognized Palestine as a separate nation, freed its political prisoners and started working to restore water cleanliness for Palestinian held areas, well, things might change. Obama would probably get assassinated, but that is another topic.

Do those things and the children will stop strapping on bombs. Do that, and even if they still strap on bombs, I will be right there with you TSR in condemning it if it does happen. Build that wall as large as you want on the Isreal side so that no one could possibly cross it without a plane. If not otherwise, you and everyone else who supports continuing on with the way things are going on now is a hypocrite, pure and simple.

Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
First off, what in the world where the original people thinking trying to set up a Nation State in the middle of a place mostly filled with Palestinian Muslims?
.
It wasn't.
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
Secondly, I do not like the idea of any modern Nation being based on a Religion or having strong basis on such, so I will never really like the idea of Isreal for that reason alone. Don't worry, I do not like that Great Britain has a Queen either, or that Saudi Arabia is filled with Princes. I find it Archaic we live in a world where Governments exist that still base their right to govern on some father figure in the sky and not on the consent of the governed. Sorry, I am irredeemably founding fathers of the US about that issue.
.
And yet, the only State you complain about is that created for the Jews.

Funny, that.
.

More slights, like little paper cuts you are trying to bleed me dry. I did complain about the other states, you quoted it, just up above. Or do you mean it is the only state I complained about in the posts before this one? That is such weak sauce TSR. The subject matter that started this all off was Alex Jones's possible anti-semitic responses. By whatever steps that led to here the topic of Israel was brought up. If the original topic was Darfur or the thousands of other places across the globe where ethnic cleansing and genocide are occurring, oh yes, I am against those as well. Or should I be liable for not stating everything I am against?

It is not very funny unfortunately this ethnic cleansing thing so sorry if I do not laugh.

Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
If you do not think that Israel is not an Apartheid state in all but name, then you are a fool.

Originally Posted by TSR
.
Or simply not blinded by hate.
.

Really, is Jimmy Carter blinded by hate when he wrote a book with that in the title?
.
Appeal to authority rejected.
.

Interesting response. I looked up appeal to authority. According to wikipedia appeal to authority has two forms. One is appealing to an authority about something they are not an authority in, and the other is appealing to an authority about a subject who is an authority but implying that that subject can not be wrong or is infallible.

Both forms come in the form of a statement. I asked a question. Even more interesting though is that to claim that an appeal to authority is false or a fallacious argument, it is the responsibility of the person claiming that an appeal to authority is being made to show why this is the case, it is not simply enough to say "Appeal to authority rejected." That is what is known as being lazy.

So is Jimmy Carter an expert on Israeli-Palestinian affairs? I would say so. He has written books about it, has an institute named after him that does work there and is an ex-president of the US who no doubt got briefed on it regularly. Did I imply he was infallible? No. I asked a question. What is your answer?

Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
Give me a break. The ADL would probably want to make you think he is some Jew hater or something.
.
Evidence? Didin't think so.

And another appeal to authority rejected.
.

Goodness, this can go on all day can't it? There is already enough in my posts that are a matter of contention and I do not wish to go down every nook and cranny. By the way, what in the world authority did I conjure up this time? To show that the ADL wants to show that Alex Jones is a Jew-hater what would I have to do. Find some ADL articles referencing Alex Jones as one. Get statements by Alex Jones responding in some way to these articles. Maybe some other steps regarding analyzing all of this.

As it is I am getting sorely tired of the intellectual level of this conversation. For the sake of argument, let's move on to whatever other pithy little comments come along.

Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
Seriously though, if someone like Jimmy Carter complains about your state
.
"My" state?

Keep showing your irrational hatred.
.

Why, because I used a second person impersonal pronoun? Yes, I am racist because I was speaking in the second person about the state of Israel. How horrible. You could live in Timbuktu for all I know TSR. I really don't care where you live. The you in the original statement was not addressed to TSR.

The fact of the matter is that there are racists on both sides of Israel and Palestine. Yes, there are racist Israelis. Yes, there are racist Palestinians. Yes, you TSR may be racist but I will not claim you are. Yes, you are claiming here I am racist and that is pathetic.

Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
being Apartheid then maybe you should seriously think about it. Is it not the case for instance that Palestinians have to wait in long lines to go from one zone to the next?
.
How about Israeli Arabs?

How long is the line for an Israeli Arab to go to, say, Iran?
.

No idea. I imagine they can not get a passport. That sucks. I wish we all could go anywhere in the world we want and that everyone would live in piece. Now again, does two wrongs make a right? Is it logical to think that if Israel is an Apartheid state that somehow having a long (possibly infinite) waiting list for Iraeli Arab's to go into Iran makes Israel not an Apartheid state? I do not off-hand know what logical fallacy that one is, but it sure sounds like a doozy to me.

Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
What are the living standards like for Palestinians anyways? Are they comparable to Israeli citizens, or do they drink from filthy water and have to worry about snipers wherever they go? Sounds pretty hellishly Apartheid-like to me.
.
But then, you are demonstrably anti-Israel.
.

No answers. None. You did not respond at all to what the living standards are. You did not respond to whether Palestinians have poor drinking water. You did not respond to whether Palestinians have to worry about snipers. Why should anyone respond to your assertions or questions when you do

What makes me demonstrably anti-Israel? Since it is demonstrable this should be obvious. OK, I am calling you on it. Did I call for the non-existence of Israel in any of these posts? How do you define anti-Isreal? If it is against the current policies of Israel then you have caught me red-handed. Yes, I am against the current policies of Israel. That is a really lame definition though. I am against many of the policies of the US and am a US citizen.

Please stop the name calling. It is just not useful. Give me some objective standards to go by and I will let you know exactly where I stand.

Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
But then, maybe I am wrong, by all means TSR, fill me in with a bigger picture if you think I am lacking information in some department, because as far as I can tell it does not look good.
.
Why is *anyone* with an Israeli passport -- Arab or Jew -- denied entry to Iran?
.

This is a recurring theme. Do you want me to guess? Should I look this up? Let me just try and make a guess. Maybe it is because the state of Israel and Iran are enemies right now. Maybe, it is because the Iranians are freaked about spies. How the hell should I know?

Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post

Even more so though, I do not see why it is a logical fallacy to have Jews that are not Zionists?
.
Easy. It's not. Except to Jew haters.
.

OK, so you agree with me that it is not a logical fallacy to be both Jewish and not a Zionist. That one was easy.

Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
By all means TSR, please inform me if you find anything amiss here. This is a complicated issue fraught with all sorts of baggage. I would suggest to you though TSR that the worst thing you can not handle is someone who is neutral and fair. Someone who is a humanist and thinks that special religious claims to land is a bunch of self righteous nonsense. Israel is doing to the Palestinians what the US did to the Native Amerindian peoples. Or do you also believe in Manifest Destiny?
Have fun.
.
Suggest all you want: you still have no idea what *my* opinions regarding Zionism are, nor any reason to assume as you do save for your irrational hatred.

Oh, *do* try to pretend your posts here don't expose that hatred -- I would *so* love to document that your irrationality blinds you to your constant revelation of that hatred.
.[/quote]

Good, by all means, tell us your opinions on Zionism. Finally, I will not respond to any new posts until you do the homework I asked you to do. That is, try and find sources saying that Israel displaced Palestinians. I am not asking you to believe these sources, just to find them. If you can not find them you are not a real skeptic and I will not waste my time responding to you. I will just respond with "Have you done your homework yet?"

As it is, I am personally offended you think I am a racist. I am not sure if you have crossed that line of ad hominem but I am pretty sure you are very close to it if you have not. I have been more then gracious in my response to this vituperative and silly responses. I have shown that I am willing to be corrected. I have shown that I understand that this is a very explosive issue and would like to learn more.

What have you shown TSR? How have you comported yourself in this exchange?

Good day!
tensordyne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2010, 01:34 PM   #34
TSR
Illuminator
 
TSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,783
Use the quote button, so your posts are readable.

Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post

Good, by all means, tell us your opinions on Zionism. Finally, I will not respond to any new posts until you do the homework I asked you to do.
.
Irrelevant to the topic of this thread. Nor do you get to tell me what research I will or will not do. If you have a point, *you* support it.
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post

That is, try and find sources saying that Israel displaced Palestinians. I am not asking you to believe these sources, just to find them. If you can not find them you are not a real skeptic and I will not waste my time responding to you. I will just respond with "Have you done your homework yet?"
.
It is your assertion, *you* source it.
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post

As it is, I am personally offended you think I am a racist. I am not sure if you have crossed that line of ad hominem but I am pretty sure you are very close to it if you have not. I have been more then gracious in my response to this vituperative and silly responses. I have shown that I am willing to be corrected. I have shown that I understand that this is a very explosive issue and would like to learn more.
.
And yet you make statements like "Jones was correct about the majority of Jews pre-Holocaust being Khazars" -- as if that made a a bit of difference if one does not believe that "race" is the defining characteristic of being Jewish.

Can you support that on other than racist means?
.
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post

What have you shown TSR? How have you comported yourself in this exchange?
.
I have consistently pointed out your hatred, using nothing more than your posts.

You, on the other hand, have consistently had to resort to making assumptions about my opinions (as if they mattered to the truth of what I have posted) and asserting things you (should have known) knew were not so.
.
TSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2010, 09:24 AM   #35
tensordyne
Muse
 
tensordyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 693
TSR, I will not be bullied. If you want to *source* it (do the homework) so I can tell you are a true skeptic and therefore worthy of being debated with, I might continue debating with you. As it is now though, I just do not think anyone could have a meaningful debate with you on these topics without eventually being called a racist. Therefore, see you around.
tensordyne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2010, 09:51 AM   #36
VonKleist
Muse
 
VonKleist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 685
Here are two studies of Ashkenazi DNA, which don't support the idea of an exclusively Khazar descent:

Link and Link.

As to why this business matters to neo-numpties, I guess it's an attempt to suggest that European Jews aren't actually Jews at all, and therefore have no connection with Israel. As, according to many neo-numpties, the Holocaust never happened then no Jews were murdered, but if they had been then they wouldn't have really been Jews anyway, they would have been Khazars. So that's alright then. . .

Strangely, none of this prevents them from displaying the same irrational hatred of 'Khazar' Jews as they do to 'real' Jews.
__________________
"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army"
- Josef Stalin (attrib.)
VonKleist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2010, 11:38 AM   #37
TSR
Illuminator
 
TSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,783
Originally Posted by tensordyne View Post
TSR, I will not be bullied. If you want to *source* it (do the homework) so I can tell you are a true skeptic and therefore worthy of being debated with, I might continue debating with you. As it is now though, I just do not think anyone could have a meaningful debate with you on these topics without eventually being called a racist. Therefore, see you around.
.
I'm not "bullying" you.

I just expect that you support your claims, which is the norm around here.

You can then explain why it is significant even if your claim is right.

It's obvious you cannot do either, so must have something other than a factual reason for making the claims and assuming they are significant.

It's equally obvious that that reason is a racial one.




Point.


Laugh.
.

Last edited by TSR; 16th May 2010 at 11:40 AM.
TSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2010, 01:15 PM   #38
Skeptic
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 18,312
Quote:
Due to demand from users, a section detailing the Israeli Mossad's possible involvement in 9/11 has been created. This section will not tolerate blanket assumptions such as "the jews did it", nor will there be any tolerance shown for 'jew hating'
The Jews paid Jones to say that.
Skeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2010, 04:09 PM   #39
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler
 
Horatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 27,969
Originally Posted by MaGZ View Post
The worst thing anyone can be on this forum is to be an antisemite.

That should tell you newbies something.


Don't go selling yourself short there, MaGZ; Being an anti-Semitic Truther with delusions of adequacy is worse.
__________________
Obviously, that means cats are indeed evil and that ownership or display of a feline is an overt declaration of one's affiliation with dark forces. - Cl1mh4224rd
Horatius is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2010, 08:21 PM   #40
GreNME
Philosopher
 
GreNME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,276
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
In other words, despite Alex Jones Fans on the one hand and Brainster and "Thunder" - *giggles* - on the other hand agreeing that he isn't an antisemite, you wont inform your relative that you mislead him with your uninformed, obviously false claim?
The funny thing is that you actually posted this after I pointed out specifically that I'm not arguing that he's an antisemite, and that instead I'm talking about the woo claims he makes or agrees with that are based in antisemite lore (like his regular references to the Protocols of Zion publication).

Really, if you aren't going to actually address what I say in lieu of what you'd rather I said, I see no reason to take you seriously.
__________________
Like love, criminals will always find a way. -- foxholeatheist

The kind of pacifism I endorse is brought about by eliminating one enemy combatant at a time.-- JoeyDonuts
GreNME is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:35 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.