ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Skeptical Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 15th June 2010, 07:22 PM   #1
kittynh
Penultimate Amazing

Talking Forum welcome table< pimp yourself!!

Kochanski and I will be running the forum welcome table. It's a place for people to check in, find out what is happening... pick up a "first TAMMER" button to wear if they want to get noticed, and FOR YOU to drop off you business cards, brochures, bookmarks, give aways... WHATEVER!

It can be skeptic or non skeptic related. We'll try to make space for it on our table because skeptics should support each other!

Great place to pimp your skeptic website or business web site!

We love to give away business cards and stuff

ALSO IF YOU HAVE AN EVENT at tam you want people to know about...the forum welcome table is where you can drop off directions or where to meet up or anything really.

It's sort of the central place for everyone, but the forum is nice enough to staff the table and take care of it. It's for EVERYONE to ask questions... find out what is going on... be made welcome and if they want ask about the forum!

Lemme know if you'll be bringing something or just look us up when you are there!
kittynh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2010, 07:28 PM   #2
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

Make sure all the Skepchicks know where to find me.

Lupus is Lupus tor central scrutineezer
The Central Scrutinizer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2010, 07:34 PM   #3
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

I'll probably drop off a poster or two about the poker tournament on Thursday night.
Old 15th June 2010, 08:13 PM   #4
Chris H
Magician Among Spirits

Originally Posted by kittynh View Post
Great place to pimp your skeptic website or business web site!

Oooh! That's exciting! I'm hoping to have one up and running before TAM. If I can get some cards done, I'll bring some. :-)
Chris H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2010, 08:43 PM   #5
MattusMaximus
Intellectual Gladiator

Originally Posted by The Central Scrutinizer View Post
Yeah, so they can run the opposite direction
Old 15th June 2010, 09:04 PM   #6
paperskater
Master Poster

I'll probably leave Nobby's book there for everyone to sign.

"I think most of us would be horrified to meet ourselves and discover what everyone else already knows about us." - Bill Watterson, creator of Calvin and Hobbes
paperskater is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2010, 09:09 PM   #7
kittynh
Penultimate Amazing

totally paperskater!!
kittynh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2010, 05:07 AM   #8
Fitter
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Central Scrutinizer View Post
I'm sure the ankle bracelet will help with that.
Fitter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2010, 06:51 AM   #9
Wowbagger
The Infinitely Prolonged

First, we got a bordello-themed party. Now, we got someone encouraging all of us to be pimps.

What's this community coming to?!

SkeptiCamp NYC: http://www.skepticampnyc.org/
An open conference on science and skepticism, where you could be a presenter!

By the way, my first name is NOT Bowerick!!!!

Last edited by Wowbagger; 16th June 2010 at 07:28 AM.
Wowbagger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2010, 07:05 AM   #10
exarch
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

Is proselytution legal in Nevada?
exarch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2010, 07:49 AM   #11
SkepticScott
TAM Volunteer Guy

Originally Posted by exarch View Post
Is proselytution legal in Nevada?
What a wonderful neologism, exarch!
Old 16th June 2010, 12:23 PM   #12
exarch
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

It's as close as I'll ever get to a language award.
(Do they still do those?)
exarch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2010, 06:06 AM   #13
Kochanski
Illuminator

Location: Anonymous Unimportant Place (not a secret Scorpion training facility for Shosuro ninjas)
I will have some stand up boards and probably a little rack for business cards at the table. Also lots of origami pigasus for people to take with them, they all need good homes, so by all means stop by and pick one up and say hi to the forum folk at the table.

Feel free to let non-forum folk know they are welcome to visit too, so they will get to know that we are a friendly bunch.
http://longislanddoctorwho.com/
Kochanski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2010, 08:40 PM   #14
kittynh
Penultimate Amazing

don't forget to pimp yourself at tam
Old 22nd June 2010, 09:29 PM   #15
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kittynh View Post
don't forget to pimp yourself at tam
Just like usual.

Lupus is Lupus tor central scrutineezer
The Central Scrutinizer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Skeptical Events