ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags cmatrix , Michael Fullerton , wtc 7

Old 25th July 2010, 09:28 PM   #1
AJM8125
NWO Black Ops
Tagger

Canadians:Take this guy's money.

I'll take a 25% Finder's fee. thanks.

Quote:
$5000 - $10,000: WTC7 9/11 Challenge

Michael Fullerton, founder of Vernon 9/11 Truth, is offering $5000 to the first person anywhere in the world who can provide some specific answers relating to the 9/11 event. Until September 1st, a Canadian resident can receive $10,000.

Applicants must explain precisely how the official theory of the WTC 7 collapse, as supported by NIST (The National Institute of Standards and Technology), does not violate the laws of physics.<snip>
http://www.vernon911truth.org/wtc7contest.html

Anyone else in the world is eligible for only $5000.

Go, go like the wind, my friends to the north!
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 12:52 AM   #2
atecom
Critical Thinker

I love how he feels the fact that all the Universities have ignored him and his theory is insignifican... But he feels the fact the Media have ignored him proves that they don't want to listen to alternate theories.
atecom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 01:01 AM   #3
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Regrettably, this would be a waste of both time and money for whomever wishes to attempt it.

In 1980, the anti-semitic, Holocaust denying "Institute for Historical Review" offered 50,000 dollars to anyone who could prove Jews were gassed during the Holocaust. Holocaust survivor Mel Mermelstein offered his sworn testimony of seeing his family gassed as evidence of such and the IHR, predictably refused to pay. Mermelstein successfully sued the IHR forcing them to pay the promised amount.

I do not expect these morons to behave any differently from their fellow-travellers at the IHR. Suing them wouldn't get you back as much as what you'd pay in legal costs.

This claim of theirs caught my eye though;

So far the challenge was sent to: the majority of physics professors at University of Toronto, the majority of physics professors at UBC, the majority of physics professors at University of Calgary

I know a physics prof at U of C, I'll be asking him if the loonies have contacted him.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 04:27 AM   #4
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Someone should Stundie this bit, at least:

Quote:
They must explain how a fire-initiated collapse would be symmetrical like a typical controlled demolition and not asymmetrical like every known collapse caused by fire. They must explain the crimp seen in the middle of the building as it started to fall.

Yep, they must explain both why it was symmetrical, and why it wasn't.....

http://www.informationliberation.com...200306wtc7.jpg

"Middle" of the building?
Old 26th July 2010, 01:47 PM   #5
Comsat Angel
Muse

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post
<snip>
In 1980, the anti-semitic, Holocaust denying "Institute for Historical Review" offered 50,000 dollars to anyone who could prove Jews were gassed during the Holocaust. Holocaust survivor Mel Mermelstein offered his sworn testimony of seeing his family gassed as evidence of such and the IHR, predictably refused to pay. Mermelstein successfully sued the IHR forcing them to pay the promised amount.
<snip>
Ha! In fact, har har har! That's made my day.

I rather fear that anyone who took up the 9/11 challenge would indeed find the goalposts moved, with lots of additional criteria suddenly being added, or the terms of the original challenge suddenly changing, or the whole thing vanishing into the ether.
Comsat Angel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 02:02 PM   #6
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Comsat Angel View Post
Ha! In fact, har har har! That's made my day.

I rather fear that anyone who took up the 9/11 challenge would indeed find the goalposts moved, with lots of additional criteria suddenly being added, or the terms of the original challenge suddenly changing, or the whole thing vanishing into the ether.

Yes, it's interesting to note that, while they're big on listing the things that must be "proven" in order to win the challenge, they'd rather less forthcoming about what would be considered "proof", and who will be judging the results.
Old 26th July 2010, 06:04 PM   #7
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

This claim of theirs caught my eye though;

So far the challenge was sent to: the majority of physics professors at University of Toronto, the majority of physics professors at UBC, the majority of physics professors at University of Calgary

I know a physics prof at U of C, I'll be asking him if the loonies have contacted him.
UPDATE: I spoke to Jason Donev at U of C Physics and Astronomy, he says he hasn't heard anything from these people and that requests from people like conspiracy nuts and "free energy" scammers are routinely ignored.

Last edited by Sword_Of_Truth; 26th July 2010 at 06:23 PM.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:26 AM   #8
cmatrix
Critical Thinker

Cool

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post

Your "friends to the north" must be delusional psychotics most probably living in mental institutions. This challenge is completely unwinnable because the official story does indeed violate the laws of physics. If you knew anything about elementary high school physics you would clearly see why.
cmatrix is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2010, 01:24 PM   #9
T.A.M.
Keeper of the Kool-Vax

Originally Posted by cmatrix View Post
Your "friends to the north" must be delusional psychotics most probably living in mental institutions. This challenge is completely unwinnable because the official story does indeed violate the laws of physics. If you knew anything about elementary high school physics you would clearly see why.
I not only have highschool physics, but i have college level physics, in which i recieved a final grade of 90%. Therefore, as an expert, i can tell you with 100% certainty that the collapse of wtc7 as described by nist, did not violate the laws of physics.

Now, whats next?

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2010, 02:12 PM   #10
Furcifer
miscreant

So some moron who can't understand the NIST report wants to pay someone 10 large to explain it to him until he understands it? There's a whole new level of Stupid at work here.

If any of those Universities waste a stamp responding to this guy I'll be making some phone calls.

Take you r $10K, get some gas, drive down to Vancouver, have some sushi down on West 4th and drag your sorry ass into the Admissions office and get a friggin education. Your mom will love you for it, and once you're enrolled THEY HAVE TO ANSWER YOUR RETARD QUESTIONS.
Furcifer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2010, 04:00 PM   #11
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by 3bodyproblem View Post
Take you r $10K, get some gas, drive down to Vancouver, have some sushi down on West 4th and drag your sorry ass into the Admissions office and get a friggin education. Your mom will love you for it, and once you're enrolled THEY HAVE TO ANSWER YOUR RETARD QUESTIONS.

That was my thought. Wouldn't the money be better spend on classes, or something? He already doesn't trust the NIST folks and many others who have degrees and experience in the field in which his challenge applies, so why should we believe he would trust anyone else?

The only logical option is for him to spend that money and personally acquire the education necessary to analyze the event himself.
Edited by Tricky:  As mentioned in the mod-box above, edited for personalizing the discussion.

Last edited by Tricky; 3rd August 2010 at 06:41 PM.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2010, 04:11 PM   #12
cmatrix
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Given how incredibly complex the system (construction of WTC7 building) was, and how chaotic the collapse was (penthouse falling several seconds into building, indicating interior destruction going on well before the visible collapse), how do you know that "extra" energy was required? Can you point me to where this analysis has been done?

ETA - How much energy did the fire release, how much kinetic energy via debris hit the building, and therefore how much more was needed? That sort of thing.
No analysis is needed just two simple facts any non-moron should easily understand: 1) free fall means no resistance. 2) normal office fires can't blow out 8 stories of structure simultaneously. If fire didn't do it something else did which is not acknowledged in the US government's official crackpot loony theory. So their crackpot theory violates the (conservation) laws of physics. Only violently obtuse crackpots like JREFtards believe in such insane theories.
cmatrix is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2010, 04:23 PM   #13
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

No analysis is needed
translation: I would not understand such an analysis if it was in front of me
Quote:
just two simple facts any non-moron should easily understand:
cmatrix is admitting to this mental state himself
Quote:
1) free fall means no resistance. 2) normal office fires can't blow out 8 stories of structure simultaneously.
see above post of mine
Quote:
If fire didn't do it something else did which is not acknowledged in the US government's official crackpot loony theory. So their crackpot theory violates the (conservation) laws of physics. Only violently obtuse crackpots like JREFtards believe in such insane theories.
This statement indicates with out a doubt that cmatrix is not versed in what the various laws of conservation are in the subject of physics.
If you actually do understand physics then pray tell show us the most basic description of the amount of energy required.

Last edited by jaydeehess; 3rd August 2010 at 04:25 PM.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2010, 06:32 PM   #14
cmatrix
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Dog Town View Post
Yet oddly, you still can't show that, with any numbers. Color me surprised!
Why do you need numbers? My simple irrefutable analysis clearly shows, to non-morons and non-lunatics at least, how the official crackpot theory violates the (conservation) laws of physics.

Do you think fire blew out 8 stories of structure simultaneously?
Old 3rd August 2010, 07:36 PM   #15
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™
Administrator

Mod WarningThis thread is generating a disproportionate number of reports for incivility and such, which will be dealt with in due course. I strongly suggest that members tone down the hostility and cut out the name-calling in this thread. Otherwise, there are going to be a whole lot of infractions and possibly suspensions, or the whole thing might find its way to Abandon All Hope.
Posted By:LashL
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:02 PM   #16
Xephyr
Muse

A week's worth of striploin steaks for all my canadian buddies : $7000

A week's worth of Alexander Keith's Red Amber Ale for all my canadian buddies : $3000

Taking some dumbass's money on a failed conspiracy hypothesis : Priceless

Old 3rd August 2010, 09:11 PM   #17
Furcifer
miscreant

Originally Posted by Xephyr View Post
A week's worth of striploin steaks for all my canadian buddies : $7000

A week's worth of Alexander Keith's Red Amber Ale for all my canadian buddies : $3000

Taking some dumbass's money on a failed conspiracy hypothesis : Priceless

Let's see, that's me, T.A.M., Horatius and LashL. Sounds about right as long as the rest of them don't touch the beer!
Furcifer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:35 PM   #18
Xephyr
Muse

Let's see, that's me, T.A.M., Horatius and LashL. Sounds about right as long as the rest of them don't touch the beer!
So long as I get a couple of steaks and a 24-pack all to myself, you guys can have the rest...

But since I'm the one that's filling your bellies, I get control of the backyard-bonfire-poker-stick thingy !

Old 3rd August 2010, 09:43 PM   #19
AJM8125
NWO Black Ops
Tagger

So long as I get a couple of steaks and a 24-pack all to myself, you guys can have the rest...

But since I'm the one that's filling your bellies, I get control of the backyard-bonfire-poker-stick thingy !

Ahem.

AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:46 PM   #20
Xephyr
Muse

Ahem.
Crap.
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:48 PM   #21
AJM8125
NWO Black Ops
Tagger

Crap.
Cheer up - If all I wind up with is 25% of a 24 pack and some steaks, I'm a happy man.

Last edited by AJM8125; 3rd August 2010 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Reworded, We have 30-packs in the states.
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:53 PM   #22
Xephyr
Muse

Cheer up - If all I wind up with is 25% of a 24 pack of steaks and a bunch of beer, I'm a happy man.
Okay, I nominate 3bodyproblem has to share his portion then...

And I still get full control of the bonfire pokerstick.
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:07 PM   #23
Furcifer
miscreant

And I still get full control of the bonfire pokerstick.
lol, I bow to the master. Well played.

I'm starting the fire though
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:13 PM   #24
Furcifer
miscreant

Cheer up - If all I wind up with is 25% of a 24 pack and some steaks, I'm a happy man.

I think we do a 36 pack for long weekends. The last one I got came with a cooler or a free lawn chair. We'll hook you up.

Just don't let jmhunter find out.
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:29 PM   #25
AJM8125
NWO Black Ops
Tagger

I think we do a 36 pack for long weekends. The last one I got came with a cooler or a free lawn chair. We'll hook you up.

Just don't let jmhunter find out.
I'd be more worried about twinstead.
Old 4th August 2010, 07:13 AM   #26
cantonear1968
Muse

"Applicants must explain precisely, using sound scientific terminology, how the official theory of the WTC 7 collapse, ...... does not violate the laws of physics"

Gravity.

Where do I pick up my money!
cantonear1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2010, 01:51 PM   #27
FFed
Muse

cmatrix,

Are you Michael Fullerton, the guy offering this $5000-$10,000 challenge?

Michael Fullertons Twitter account is cmatrix0
http://twitter.com/cmatrix0

and Michael Fullerton is a software developer at CyberMatrix, hence the username cmatrix.
http://knol.google.com/k/michael-ful...wr2894wxokh/0#
FFed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2010, 02:14 PM   #28
Furcifer
miscreant

Originally Posted by FFed View Post
cmatrix,
I hope not, because a claim like this:

This challenge is completely unwinnable because the official story does indeed violate the laws of physics.
might be considered fraudulent. I'm pretty sure you can't set up an unwinnable contest. I'm going to forward the link to the BC Lottery Corporation and the Department of Justice for clarification on the rules of operating a contest.
Old 4th August 2010, 02:15 PM   #29
carlitos
"más divertido"

Thumbs up

This information seems pertinent.

Last edited by carlitos; 4th August 2010 at 02:19 PM. Reason: I can never find the popcorn icon
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2010, 02:34 PM   #30
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I hope not, because a claim like this:

might be considered fraudulent. I'm pretty sure you can't set up an unwinnable contest. I'm going to forward the link to the BC Lottery Corporation and the Department of Justice for clarification on the rules of operating a contest.
I believe this only applies to contests that charge an admission or sells chances (tickets).

He's blowing smoke, I don't think anyone would care because he's not profiting from it.

"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2010, 02:35 PM   #31
uke2se
Philosopher

cmatrix,

and Michael Fullerton is a software developer at CyberMatrix, hence the username cmatrix.
Now this here is grade A funny.

Well, at least it proves that the challenge really is unwinnable. We have proof in this very thread that he doesn't even understand the laws of physics he claims WTC 7 broke.

Last edited by uke2se; 4th August 2010 at 02:39 PM.
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2010, 02:35 PM   #32
T.A.M.
Keeper of the Kool-Vax

cmatrix,

Outed...wow.

Make no wonder he was so foul and cantankerous (beyond the usual truther).

TAM

Edit: it would also account for his absence of real physics knowledge.

Last edited by T.A.M.; 4th August 2010 at 02:37 PM.
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2010, 02:47 PM   #33
Furcifer
miscreant

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
I believe this only applies to contests that charge an admission or sells chances (tickets).

He's blowing smoke, I don't think anyone would care because he's not profiting from it.
There have been satisfactory answers to his challenge here. I'm curious if his claim is subject to independent verification. If a third party deems the answer satisfactory the contest promoter might be liable to pay out the $10K.

$10K might be enough to make Revenue Canada care
Old 4th August 2010, 02:53 PM   #34
uke2se
Philosopher

There have been satisfactory answers to his challenge here. I'm curious if his claim is subject to independent verification. If a third party deems the answer satisfactory the contest promoter might be liable to pay out the $10K.

$10K might be enough to make Revenue Canada care
Go for it. As they say, a fool and his money are easily parted.
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2010, 03:41 PM   #35
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

So why did you lie about contacting U of C Physics, Mr. Fullerton?
Old 4th August 2010, 03:58 PM   #36
cmatrix
Critical Thinker

So why did you lie about contacting U of C Physics, Mr. Fullerton?
No idea what you're talking about. Why don't you inform every physics professor and engineering professor in Canada about this challenge? Tell them to get their students to look into it as well. Feel free. Split up a few Universities to every JREFie and it won't take that long.

I understand if you're all too frightened to contact them though.
Old 4th August 2010, 04:01 PM   #37
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

No idea what you're talking about. Why don't you inform every physics professor and engineering professor in Canada about this challenge? Tell them to get their students to look into it as well. Feel free. Split up a few Universities to every JREFie and it won't take that long.

Show us where the funds are! Who's holding them?

"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2010, 04:03 PM   #38
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

You wrote on your website that the physics department at University of Calgary had been contacted.

I contacted them and they said they never heard from you.

Why did you lie?
Old 4th August 2010, 08:38 PM   #39
Tricky
Briefly immortal

Mod Warning The vast majority of the posts on this thread have been moved to the General 9/11 Discussion thread because they had nothing to do with the topic. A number of others that were bickering or off-topic have been moved to Abandon All Hope.

There have already been too many modboxes in this thread. Pay attention them. Stay on topic. Stop the personal attacks. Stop the incivility. If not, prepare to face the consequences. Don't make me come back here with my thermite.
Posted By:Tricky
Tricky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2010, 08:38 PM   #40
Furcifer
miscreant

I would so take this guys money. Assuming I could get a post in here edgewise.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories