ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags kevin barrett

Closed Thread
Old 14th October 2010, 04:38 PM   #1
Walter Ego
Illuminator

Kevin Barrett

Debunking Dad
Walter Ego is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th October 2010, 04:48 PM   #2
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

http://debunkingdad.blogspot.com/

Fixed it for you...covered it in the general thread. Still nice to have its own.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th October 2010, 04:49 PM   #3
Walter Ego
Illuminator

Kevin Barrett's Son Is A Debunker!

Well what do you know. Kevin Barrett's son is a 9/11 debunker. Check out his blog Debunking Dad (i.e., Debunking My Dad). Only 4 posts, the last in January 2010. This must make for some interesting conversations around the dinner table at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I thought my dad (a right-winger not a conspiratoid) was full of crap, too.

Hat Tip to Brainster's SLC Blog.
Walter Ego is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th October 2010, 04:55 PM   #4
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Jeesh...and I posted it over two weeks ago, and I get no credit....lol

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...144954&page=88

Post #3518

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th October 2010, 05:05 PM   #5
Pardalis
Banned

So idiocy is not hereditary. Good to know.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th October 2010, 05:07 PM   #6
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Originally Posted by Pardalis View Post
So idiocy is not hereditary. Good to know.
It is, luckily the Barrett's mailman was a debunker.
Old 14th October 2010, 05:15 PM   #7
Walter Ego
Illuminator

I wonder which of Barrett's sons created the blog? Probably the older boy who would have been 14 or 15 when the blog posts were made, unless there is an older son from a previous marriage we don't know about.

Quote:
Kevin J. Barrett, 49, of rural Spring Green appeared in Sauk County Circuit Court on Friday on a misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct. If he is convicted, the charge carries a maximum penalty of 90 days jail time and a $1,000 fine.

On Sept. 10, [2008] a Sauk County detective wrote in a report that he spoke with Barrett's wife and she described an incident that took place the day before, according to court records. Barrett's wife said about 8 a.m., the couple's 13-year-old son told their 11-year-old boy to turn down the TV. Barrett was in bed, became upset because he was trying to sleep and ran out of the bedroom with his fist raised, saying "That's it," according to court records.

The wife said Barrett struck the older boy on his back and she saw marks there, according to the records.

The detective interviewed the boy, who said his father hit him on the back several times, records show.

http://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonewsr...47dc52290.html

Last edited by Walter Ego; 14th October 2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old 15th October 2010, 06:39 AM   #8
Lenbrazil
Muse

Lest there still be any doubt, Barrett replied to one one his son's posts and "schooled" him, most of his rebuttal consisted of correcting his grammar the rest was reiterating his own logical fallacies. He signed it "Love, Dad"

http://truthjihad.blogspot.com/2009/...g-debunka.html

Last edited by Lenbrazil; 15th October 2010 at 06:41 AM. Reason: typos
Lenbrazil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th October 2010, 09:34 AM   #9
alienentity
Illuminator

Originally Posted by WildCat View Post
It is, luckily the Barrett's mailman was a debunker.
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th October 2010, 08:39 PM   #10
1337m4n
Alphanumeric Anonymous Stick Man

A post from a Truther who doesn't seem to realize that he is talking about Barrett's own son (bolding mine):

Quote:
Kevin, there is simply nothing you or I or any other truth seeker can do or will do to shake these babbling, foolish, moronic Americans who just refuse to admit the truth that America has been taken over from within.

That treasonous, NWO parasite creap Larry Silverstine is deeply involved in 911 right along with our former sitting POTUS, Vice-POTUS, SECofState and about 2000 other deep operative's within the US, Canada, and Isreal intellegence community.

That childish, gullible moron that believes the Gov storey is about to get the wakeup call of his life. The destruction and evil that is about to be unleashed by Homeland Security, FEMA, Shadow Gov, and Treasonous Generals within the US Mil is going be beyond belief.

The Republic as we know it is on its last days. Expect an Black Ops event of deadly ramifications to take place within the next two months.
Dollar devaluation, Fake 400 OZ gold bars, banking holidays, closed stock exchanges and US troops killing americans is just around the corner.

The public educated knuckle dragger that you attempted to educate will be one of the very first to take the deadly vaccines and enter the FEMA camps.
Now we will see the true face of Trutherism, as we watch and wait to see whether Kevin cares more about his own family than about Teh Twoof. Will he confront this guy who's talking smack about his own son, on his own website? Let's wait and see!

"The evidence that the attacks of 9/11 were an inside job just keeps not coming in." --pomeroo
1337m4n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th October 2010, 02:01 AM   #11
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
http://debunkingdad.blogspot.com/

Fixed it for you...covered it in the general thread. Still nice to have its own.

TAM
I saw this on SLC yesterday or the day before, and tipped my hat to you.

Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
I wonder which of Barrett's sons created the blog? Probably the older boy who would have been 14 or 15 when the blog posts were made, unless there is an older son from a previous marriage we don't know about.
He was posting in the comments at SLC. He's 13 at the moment. He mentions his older brother.

He says he now has a new blog.

http://debunkdad.blogspot.com/

He's also been trying to join the JREF Forum, but has failed twice.
Old 18th October 2010, 04:33 AM   #12
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Is there an age limit for the members section?

TAM
Old 18th October 2010, 04:44 AM   #13
Walter Ego
Illuminator

TAM
The member sign up does ask you to give your birth date.

From the SLC blog comments.

Quote:
Young Debunka said...

He had too many radio shows, which drove our mom crazy...
So Barrett senior was spending too much time on his internet radio shows (which is probably his main source of income now) which caused some domestic tension. The boy does deny there was any child abuse.
Old 18th October 2010, 05:45 AM   #14
fagin
Philosopher

He has another blogspot too - http://theprogressiveislam.blogspot.com/

Title is probably NSFW.
Old 18th October 2010, 01:24 PM   #15
Orphia Nay
Tagger

TAM
AFAIK it's 13, but I could be wrong.

If it's older, at least the 9/11 forum isn't in the members section.
Old 18th October 2010, 03:10 PM   #16
9/11 Chewy Defense
Banned

I'm over at the David Icke forum & posted an almost duplicate of this thread. It's funny how Truthers want evidence to prove that it's true.

Check it out:

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showt...post1059338395
9/11 Chewy Defense is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th October 2010, 09:31 PM   #17
angrysoba
Philosophile

I'm a little skeptical that it really is Kevin Barrett's son.

An alternative scenario is that Kevin Barrett himself is writing it in order to play an elaborate "Gotcha!" on his Debunker foes.

Ordinarily that scenario would be unrealistic but we are talking about Kevin Barrett here and I wouldn't put it past him.

Am I just old fashioned or is it standard behaviour of 13 year-olds to talk to their fathers by first name these days?

http://debunkdad.blogspot.com/2010/10/silverstein.html

Quote:
Correcting grammar is not a proper way to refute an argument, but nonetheless Kevin appears to think it is. Anyhow, grammar corrections or not, his reply is laughable.
Quote:
Kevin, your profession is a grammar teacher. Not a conspiracy theorist.
Actually I really do think Kevin Barrett's profession is as a conspiracy theorist.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th October 2010, 03:42 AM   #18
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
An alternative scenario is that Kevin Barrett himself is writing it in order to play an elaborate "Gotcha!" on his Debunker foes.

Ordinarily that scenario would be unrealistic but we are talking about Kevin Barrett here and I wouldn't put it past him.

I wouldn't put it past him to try such a trick, but I do believe he couldn't pull one off. The debunking arguments are written too well*. Someone like Kevin Barrett seems incapable of discussing any "debunking" points without inserting some sort of sarcastic strawman twist to it. They wouldn't want to risk having their "fake" arguments be too convincing, after all.

*There are a few things I've seen there that I'd correct, but they're the sorts of mistakes I'd expect from a 13-year old, and not from an older person who's just stupid.
Old 21st October 2010, 06:55 AM   #19
theshillbarrett
Scholar

Smile I'm On!

I'm a little skeptical that it really is Kevin Barrett's son.

Am I just old fashioned or is it standard behaviour of 13 year-olds to talk to their fathers by first name these days?
Haha, you think that he's impersonating me

Hey guys! I'm on!
theshillbarrett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st October 2010, 07:11 AM   #20
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by amillicream View Post

Hey guys! I'm on!

Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st October 2010, 07:19 AM   #21
theshillbarrett
Scholar

Thumbs up Yah?

Originally Posted by Lenbrazil View Post
Lest there still be any doubt, Barrett replied to one one his son's posts and "schooled" him, most of his rebuttal consisted of correcting his grammar the rest was reiterating his own logical fallacies. He signed it "Love, Dad"
Which I have responded to.
theshillbarrett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st October 2010, 07:29 AM   #22
theshillbarrett
Scholar

And

im waiting for a new account (theshillbarrett) to be activated

sounds much btter than "amillicream"
Old 21st October 2010, 08:04 AM   #23
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Hey guys! I'm on!

Welcome, and good job there!
Old 21st October 2010, 08:41 AM   #24
theshillbarrett
Scholar

Where's my pay

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Welcome, and good job there!
So now that I'm a famous internet debunker, where's my shill money?

Originally Posted by some guy on facebook
Kevin, your son sounds like an unconditioned *******.
It's funny how twoofers get so emotional when teh get ownt.
Old 21st October 2010, 08:52 AM   #25
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

You have to finish your NWO probationary period to get the shill money. In the mean time, can the NWO paymaster redirect amillicream's shill money to my account?

thank you
Old 21st October 2010, 09:18 AM   #26
theshillbarrett
Scholar

since I have 50 posts before I get an avatar and a signature, I better start posting. or is that against the rules?
Old 21st October 2010, 09:20 AM   #27
theshillbarrett
Scholar

Old 21st October 2010, 09:21 AM   #28
theshillbarrett
Scholar

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
you have to finish your nwo probationary period to get the shill money. In the mean time, can the nwo paymaster redirect amillicream's shill money to my account?

Thank you
hahahahaha! in fact Kevin wanted me to pull a "ha ha stupid debunkers, I tricked you!" at the end of the year. I'm like "you wish"!
Old 21st October 2010, 09:23 AM   #29
theshillbarrett
Scholar

but I guess if i post 50 times then I have to post AGAIN on my new account waiting to be activated.
Old 21st October 2010, 10:02 AM   #30
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

but I guess if i post 50 times then I have to post AGAIN on my new account waiting to be activated.

You should ask them to merge the accounts. Multiple accounts are against the rules here. You could also just ask them to change your current username, and delete the other account.

Also, avoid a lot of short posts like those above, they might get you in trouble as well. I'd suggest joining in some of the threads in the Community or Movies&Television fora to up your post count.
Old 21st October 2010, 12:15 PM   #31
theshillbarrett
Scholar

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
You should ask them to merge the accounts. Multiple accounts are against the rules here. You could also just ask them to change your current username, and delete the other account.

Also, avoid a lot of short posts like those above, they might get you in trouble as well. I'd suggest joining in some of the threads in the Community or Movies&Television fora to up your post count.
What if I delete this account/not use it? Would that count?
Old 21st October 2010, 12:18 PM   #32
theshillbarrett
Scholar

Never mind. I'm going to change my username. Thanks for the help.
Old 21st October 2010, 02:12 PM   #33
Walter Ego
Illuminator

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
You have to finish your NWO probationary period to get the shill money. In the mean time, can the NWO paymaster redirect amillicream's shill money to my account?

Bush was spending $1.6B but the gravy train has derailed. Obama cut the shill budget.

Damn #!@$% democrats.
Old 21st October 2010, 05:47 PM   #34
theshillbarrett
Scholar

Nice one

All hail Glenn And Alex!!!!!!!
Old 21st October 2010, 06:39 PM   #35
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by theshillbarrett View Post

Hey guys! I'm on!
Welcome to the forum!

Do you call your dad Kevin at home or just online?
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st October 2010, 06:44 PM   #36
George 152
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
I saw this on SLC yesterday or the day before, and tipped my hat to you.

He's also been trying to join the JREF Forum, but has failed twice.
That says a lot in itsellf
George 152 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st October 2010, 08:19 PM   #37
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Originally Posted by George152 View Post
That says a lot in itsellf
That he is only 13?
Old 22nd October 2010, 08:37 AM   #38
theshillbarrett
Scholar

Welcome to the forum!

Do you call your dad Kevin at home or just online?
At home I call him dad. But I prefer calling him "Kevin" on the internet.
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:18 AM   #39
theshillbarrett
Scholar

Now

Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
Debunking Dad
Now the question you have to ask is,
Quote:
"Is kevin barrett's dog a conspiracy theorist?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTQy06azJws
Old 23rd October 2010, 01:42 PM   #40
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by theshillbarrett View Post
At home I call him dad. But I prefer calling him "Kevin" on the internet.
I don't know why I care but, does he carry on life and act relatively normal (whatever that is) when he's not trying to "spread the truth"? Or is that all he does now a days?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories