ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Mark Basile , nanothermite

Old 27th October 2010, 03:47 PM   #1
cmatrix
Critical Thinker

Chemical Engineer Mark Basile confirms Harrit nano-thermite results

Chemical Engineer Mark Basile confirms Harrit nano-thermite results.

http://world911truth.org/explosive-i...e-center-dust/
Old 27th October 2010, 03:53 PM   #2
triforcharity
Banned

Originally Posted by cmatrix View Post

So, when do you expect it to appear in a peer-reviewed, respectable journal??

JO911S and Bentham are not peer-reviewed or respectable.
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2010, 03:55 PM   #3
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted

(*Yawn*). Jones and Harrit's results were already refuted.
Someone wake me when this guy actually publishes his results.
Old 27th October 2010, 04:00 PM   #4
RedIbis
Philosopher

All of the videos in this series have been excellent. This is an exemplary approach.
Old 27th October 2010, 04:07 PM   #5
alienentity
Illuminator

NIST could've saved millions of dollars with this approach: Do some lab tests, but don't publish them, and make a youtube video.

Who needs peer review when you have youtube?

Exemplary indeed.
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2010, 04:23 PM   #6
Kent1
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by alienentity View Post
NIST could've saved millions of dollars with this approach: Do some lab tests, but don't publish them, and make a youtube video.

Who needs peer review when you have youtube?

Exemplary indeed.
Agreed.
His examination was so amazing and fantastic we see don't need to see the careful documentation for his amazing claims.

Science at its finest. He's right about one thing, anyone can do this.

Last edited by Kent1; 27th October 2010 at 04:24 PM.
Kent1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2010, 04:35 PM   #7
ozeco41
Philosopher

Who cares if there was a ten tonne heap of nano thermXte found on ground zero? It was not used and arguably could not be used in demolition as part of the actual observed collapse mechanisms.

Debate about thermXte is little more than a truther diversion. I am not waiting for any peer reviewed papers. They could produce a dozen of them.

What I will wait is an explanation of how it could possible have been used addressing two main issues:
1) How it was used to cut what structural members having what contribution to the collapse and why the natural processes needed assistance; AND
2) How "they" did it without getting caught or any evidence being left.

When some truther addresses either of those two I will start to pay attention.

I'm not holding my breath.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2010, 05:08 PM   #8
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

I'll be impressed when truthers figure out that the whole nano/super/whatever thermXte theory was created to explain why there were no sounds consistent with cd charges. As of now the idiots are still calling it an explosive.
Old 27th October 2010, 05:09 PM   #9
TexasJack
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by triforcharity View Post
So, when do you expect it to appear in a peer-reviewed, respectable journal??

JO911S and Bentham are not peer-reviewed or respectable.
I don't think he is interested in peer review, but it looks like he's leaning towards a Science Fair.

Quote:
Mark Basile:
Yeah, yeah, well I was at a meeting the other night and somebody mentioned the idea of a science fair and that was the type of thing that came to mind for one way to possibly present these results basically to the general public.
http://911blogger.com/node/20998
TexasJack is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2010, 05:30 PM   #10
triforcharity
Banned

Originally Posted by TexasJack View Post
I don't think he is interested in peer review, but it looks like he's leaning towards a Science Fair.

If you hadn't posted the link, I would have never believed that....
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2010, 05:34 PM   #11
ElMondoHummus

Originally Posted by TexasJack View Post

Bypassing the standard methods of publishing research? Well, it worked soooo well for Cold Fusion...

More: http://www.epicidiot.com/cold_fusion.htm
Old 27th October 2010, 05:39 PM   #12
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

My favorite parts:

-Introduces thermate even though the claim they found nanothermite.

-Regurgitates Gage's BS claim about a thermite cutter charge patent; which Gage ultimately had to backpeddle from.

-Interchanges the Appendix C photos of WTC 7 with the towers because "jet fuel" can't melt steel.
Old 27th October 2010, 05:46 PM   #13
Thunder
Banned

when do the Truthers plan on sending some nano-thermite samples from the WTC to CalTech, Stamford, Cornell, MIT, Harvard, or some other highly esteemed institute of higher learning for independent analysis and confirmation?

never? thought not.

Truthers can't handle the truth.
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2010, 05:50 PM   #14
Thunder
Banned

Originally Posted by RedIbis View Post
All of the videos in this series have been excellent. This is an exemplary approach.
Yes. The videos are excellent. Very nice job.

However, the research and evidence is pathetic and worthless.

Maybe the point of 9-11 Truth is to make Youtube videos?
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2010, 06:50 PM   #15
sheeplesnshills
Illuminator

Quote:
"I would really like to stress that we need a lot more people involved in this work than just the few of us that are doing it right now. "
Why? How many people does it take to analyze a sample of dust and write a competent report?
Quote:
"Anyone can replicate the work that’s been done and confirm that this material is there."
OK where can we get sample of the dust along with the chain of evidence that proves it is what it is purported to be?
sheeplesnshills is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2010, 07:06 PM   #16
Thunder
Banned

if Truthers were soooo confident in their findings, they would present them to an esteemed institute of higher learning in the USA, so their work could be analyzed and confirmed.

and yet, this has not been done.

why? cause they have nothing.
Old 27th October 2010, 07:23 PM   #17
triforcharity
Banned

Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
if Truthers were soooo confident in their findings, they would present them to an esteemed institute of higher learning in the USA, so their work could be analyzed and confirmed.

and yet, this has not been done.

why? cause they have nothing.
Hell, I would accept it from just about ANY country!!
Old 27th October 2010, 07:31 PM   #18
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

I stopped watching when the AE911 banner appeared. I've seen enough of their half baked case study work, I know better than to waste my time
Old 27th October 2010, 08:28 PM   #19
Edx
Philosopher

Originally Posted by grandmastershek View Post
which Gage ultimately had to backpeddle from..
ooh have a link for that by any chance?
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2010, 08:29 PM   #20
Edx
Philosopher

Truthers dont need anything more substantial than someone that is apparently an expert telling them what they want to hear, if they do that in a youtube video its the perfect combination. Maybe he can even get on Alex Jones' radio show and he will have fulfilled the truther scientific procedure.

Last edited by Edx; 27th October 2010 at 08:30 PM.
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2010, 08:34 PM   #21
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RedIbis View Post
Bwhaha!!!

You Tubeys! The new psyince!

Ya know, somebody better grab that stundie before I do.

/The Nobel Committee is Honored to Present this Award for Achievement in You Tubes. First Runner Up, Man hit in Crotch, and the winner.... Dumbass finds Paint Chips.
//exemplary approach for complete *********** morons. Jesus, my fifth grade kid would get a freaking f if he turned in a science paper in a god damn video.

Last edited by The Big Dog; 27th October 2010 at 08:38 PM.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2010, 10:29 PM   #22
R.Mackey
Philosopher

Why is this news? Mr. Basile was acknowledged in the original paper. We already knew his opinion, years ago.

What's needed is independent confirmation, which we all know will never, ever happen.

And the Truthers still haven't figured out that their own data proves it isn't nanothermite...

It's dead, Truthers. Find something else to whine about. It's over.
R.Mackey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2010, 10:46 PM   #23
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by triforcharity View Post
If you hadn't posted the link, I would have never believed that....
I know right? I halfway expect the universe to create god just to have him come to Earth, smack the guy with a rolled up newspaper and yell "NO!"
Old 27th October 2010, 11:47 PM   #24
cntdrv55
Thinker

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
Who cares if there was a ten tonne heap of nano thermXte found on ground zero? It was not used and arguably could not be used in demolition as part of the actual observed collapse mechanisms.
Originally Posted by R.Mackey View Post
Why is this news? Mr. Basile was acknowledged in the original paper. We already knew his opinion, years ago.

And the Truthers still haven't figured out that their own data proves it isn't nanothermite...
[/thread]
cntdrv55 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2010, 12:23 AM   #25
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by world911truth.org
This interview is footage of one of the world class experts
Originally Posted by Mark Basile
My name is Marc Basile. I'm a chemical engineer. I have a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from Whistler (?) Polytechnical Institute. I have worked for about 25 years in industry.
Highlighted what I found interesting.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2010, 01:28 AM   #26
Juniversal
CIA + FBI + NWO Employee

Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
when do the Truthers plan on sending some nano-thermite samples from the WTC to CalTech, Stamford, Cornell, MIT, Harvard, or some other highly esteemed institute of higher learning for independent analysis and confirmation?
When someone wins the James Randi million dollar challenge.
Old 28th October 2010, 02:57 AM   #27
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Did he confirm that the samples released more thermal energy than the theoretical maximum possible for thermite, and that the DSC trace cannot therefore indicate a thermite reaction? Or would that have been too inconvenient?

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2010, 03:34 AM   #28
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Did he confirm that the DSC traces of the red-grey chips don't resemble that of a xerogel Fe2O3/UFG Al nanocomposite (Figure 29 of the Harrit paper)? We can then consider it a proven and confirmed fact that they are not nano-thermite.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2010, 03:38 AM   #29
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

I figured the little twit for a moron from the get-go, but when he started yammering about the Swiss cheese steel as a thermite artifact I lost all respect I could possibly have had for him as a scientist or a man. What a freaking punk.

The little moron can't even tell us what the chips were made of. The bozo would probably not recognize paint if you read off a list of its components to him.

What the hell does this moron think the silicon in this compound is for?

Has the silly little sack of stupid even bothered to see what paint is made of? I doubt it.

Just for a moment, maybe we should discuss, as well, what products you get when you burn paint. Since you would be subjecting iron oxide to heat in n environment rich in carbon, wouldn't this reduce the iron oxide? I somehow would not expect to find it as a dust, but could it not form iron spheres?

Anybody seen CrazyChainsaw lately. This sounds like the kind of thing he was always trying to do.

(I do hope he aint blown himself up yet. I worry about him sometimes.)
Old 28th October 2010, 02:05 PM   #30
cmatrix
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by ElMondoHummus View Post
(*Yawn*). Jones and Harrit's results were already refuted.
Someone wake me when this guy actually publishes his results.
Since when do hand-waving pronouncements count as refutation? Wake me when debunkers actually publish a scientific response (paper or even a letter) to Harrit's paper.
Old 28th October 2010, 02:22 PM   #31
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Since when do hand-waving pronouncements count as refutation? Wake me when debunkers actually publish a scientific response (paper or even a letter) to Harrit's paper.
The paper failed. If the paper was based on reality, it would have a Pulitzer Prize. But you need to understand, there was zero evidence of thermite being used at the WTC. Finding iron, carbon, aluminum, oxygen, silicon, and other elements in the dust, means Jones and Harrit have dust with rust and other debris in dust that someone found after 911, with no chain of custody. There were real dust studies done, no thermite.

It was funny, they had to pay to get the paper published. The paper is fraud. The conspiracy here is Jones making up nonsense. It is not against the law to make up fantasy. Just when you think 911 truth can't do worse, they come up with the most anti-intellectual claptrap. As usual no one can defend this nonsense with facts and evidence, they talk up BS based on their idiotic paranoid conspiracies they want to be true.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2010, 02:34 PM   #32
Thunder
Banned

when will the nano-thermite samples be sent to Harvard, Princeton, Cornell, CalTech, UC Berkeley, Yale, MIT, or Oxford, for independent analysis and confirmation?

Last edited by Thunder; 28th October 2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 28th October 2010, 02:34 PM   #33
ElMondoHummus

Since when do hand-waving pronouncements count as refutation?
When they're not handwaving and actually point out the numerous errors of analysis made by the truthers in question.

You shouldn't be so credulous, CMatrix.

Wake me when debunkers actually publish a scientific response (paper or even a letter) to Harrit's paper.
See previous links.
Old 28th October 2010, 04:58 PM   #34
cmatrix
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post

Debate about thermXte is little more than a truther diversion. I am not waiting for any peer reviewed papers. They could produce a dozen of them.

What I will wait is an explanation of how it could possible have been used addressing two main issues:
1) How it was used to cut what structural members having what contribution to the collapse and why the natural processes needed assistance; AND
2) How "they" did it without getting caught or any evidence being left.

When some truther addresses either of those two I will start to pay attention.

I'm not holding my breath.
1) Linear Thermite Cutting Apparatus; US Patent 6183569, Linear Thermite Cutting Apparatus; US Patent Application No. 2006/0266204. Could have been used to cut resisting core and perimeter columns which would have stopped a fire-initiated gravity-driven collapse.

2) The same way the Manhattan Project was kept secret for so long: need to know, compartmentalization, sworn to secrecy etc.

Last edited by cmatrix; 28th October 2010 at 06:38 PM.
cmatrix is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2010, 05:04 PM   #35
cmatrix
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Edx View Post
Truthers dont need anything more substantial than someone that is apparently an expert telling them what they want to hear, if they do that in a youtube video its the perfect combination. Maybe he can even get on Alex Jones' radio show and he will have fulfilled the truther scientific procedure.
JREF debunkers don't need anything more substantial than someone that is apparently an expert telling them what they want to hear as is the case with the NIST WTC 7 report despite it having absolutely no scientific evidence to support it whatsoever.
Old 28th October 2010, 05:07 PM   #36
cmatrix
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by R.Mackey View Post

What's needed is independent confirmation, which we all know will never, ever happen.

It's dead, Truthers. Find something else to whine about. It's over.
"Truthers" can't figure out things that are not true. It's dead, debunkers. Find something else to dismiss with hand-waving and ridicule. It's over.
Old 28th October 2010, 05:10 PM   #37
cmatrix
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Did he confirm that the samples released more thermal energy than the theoretical maximum possible for thermite, and that the DSC trace cannot therefore indicate a thermite reaction? Or would that have been too inconvenient?

Dave
It wouldn't be too inconvenient, it would be too moronic. Since he's a competent chemist he knows it's not a thermite reaction, it's a nano-thermite reaction.
Old 28th October 2010, 05:17 PM   #38
cmatrix
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Did he confirm that the DSC traces of the red-grey chips don't resemble that of a xerogel Fe2O3/UFG Al nanocomposite (Figure 29 of the Harrit paper)? We can then consider it a proven and confirmed fact that they are not nano-thermite.
What we can consider proven and confirmed is that you are not a competent chemist. xerogel Fe2O3/UFG Al nanocomposite is merely one form of nano-thermite.

Last edited by cmatrix; 28th October 2010 at 06:12 PM.
cmatrix is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2010, 05:32 PM   #39
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

What we can consider proven and confirmed is that you are not a competent chemist. Fe2O3/UFG Al nanocomposite is merely one form of nano-thermite.
Settle it! Take your super nano-thermite idiotic claims to the police and all the news agencies, just like you took your challenge to all schools! Prove it.

You will find you have moronic nonsense. You will be laughed at for falling for fraud.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2010, 05:39 PM   #40
triforcharity
Banned

Let us know when Harriet published his paper in any properly peer-reviewed, respectable journal.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories