ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Bob McIlvaine , Building What , tony szamboti , wtc7

Old 13th November 2010, 11:07 PM   #1
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Tony Szamboti and Bob McIlvaine on Geraldo Nov 13 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFPobKeSzKQ

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Geraldo interviews 9/11 family member Bob McIlvaine and Tony Szamboti about the WTC7 collapse and the Building What? campaign.

What investigating WTC7's collapse has to do with the death of Bob's son in WTC2 is not explained.
Old 13th November 2010, 11:26 PM   #2
R.Mackey
Philosopher

So... does this mean Fox News is the only reliable media source?
R.Mackey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2010, 11:27 PM   #3
brazenlilraisin
...tart

From the sensationalist first telecast of the Zapruder film to opening Al Capone's vault to this stuff...clueless Geraldo is nothing if not consistent!
brazenlilraisin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2010, 11:39 PM   #4
Galileo
Illuminator

the jig is up, boys. Time to give up the ghost. The experts agree with me and your insulting of the 9/11 victims wears thin.

Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2010, 11:45 PM   #5
brazenlilraisin
...tart

For a second I thought bill smith had changed his avatar....
brazenlilraisin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2010, 11:49 PM   #6
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by brazenlilraisin View Post
she has not.... but the g-man really thinks he is the g-man.

the real-cd-deal has his 15 minutes (or so) (hi tony, your real cd deal is moronic claptrap)

Three nuts on 911... poor Geraldo is clueless on physics, fire and gravity

Last edited by beachnut; 14th November 2010 at 12:00 AM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2010, 12:09 AM   #7
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

"1300 architects and engineers"

LOL
ProBonoShill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2010, 12:16 AM   #8
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Originally Posted by R.Mackey View Post
So... does this mean Fox News is the only reliable media source?

From the sensationalist first telecast of the Zapruder film to opening Al Capone's vault to this stuff...clueless Geraldo is nothing if not consistent!
Welcome to the forum, brazenlilraisin! I like your username!
Old 14th November 2010, 12:40 AM   #9
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Turns out Al Capone's vault was a high point in Geraldo's career.

Note the bit where he tries to steer McIlvaine away from his theory about how his son died. Could that possibly be because he doesn't want Bob to spoil his conclusion about how the family members aren't kooks like Alex Jones and the blackshirts?
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2010, 12:59 AM   #10
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

That's not Bill Smith". That's Rolf Lindgren, former campaign manager for accused wife-beater and the twoof movements biggest death threat spammer, Kevin Barrett.

He also believes himself to be the 450 year old Italian Renaissance scientist Galileo as well as multiple American revolution figures.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2010, 05:20 AM   #11
TheRedWorm
I AM the Red Worm!

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post
That's not Bill Smith". That's Rolf Lindgren, former campaign manager for accused wife-beater and the twoof movements biggest death threat spammer, Kevin Barrett.

He also believes himself to be the 450 year old Italian Renaissance scientist Galileo as well as multiple American revolution figures.

Really? All this time I thought it was nothing more than a bored 15 year old trolling for kicks.

As usual, he doesn't understand the relevant sciences, can't Google for the right thing, and appears to rely on the notion that a word salad liberally sprinkled with Google Croutons will make his argument seem coherent. -JayUtah
TheRedWorm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2010, 05:39 AM   #12
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I wonder why Tony didn't add that he thinks the towers were also brought down with explosives. I would have loved to see Geraldos' face after that. Bob McIlvaine so wanted to go off on a rant, I wonder what Geraldo told them they could and couldn't get into (especially considering his opening comments)

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2010, 06:08 AM   #13
Dog Town
Banned

Well the gig is up! FOX news is onto us. I suggest we put plan Omega into action.See everyone at the rendezvous.
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2010, 06:45 AM   #14
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

Poor misguided Bob. He will spend the rest of his life chasing this non existent ghost.

Poor Tony..he will spend the rest of his life looking like Mayor McCheese.
Mr.Herbert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2010, 08:28 AM   #15
RedIbis
Philosopher

Congrats to Tony, Bob and the Building What campaign. This is immeasurable amounts of advertising value. One has to wonder why Fox would put this on now.

Tony, especially, was measured and calm and didn't fall into the rhetorical traps of saying how the explosives were planted or why gov't figures would do such a thing.

I guess 9/11 "Truth" doesn't just disappear when you turn the internet off.
Old 14th November 2010, 08:29 AM   #16
bill smith
Philosopher

Nope. I am in 100% agreement with Galileo though. The goose will soon be cooked. Appropriate for the time of year actually. lol

Last edited by bill smith; 14th November 2010 at 08:33 AM.
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2010, 08:33 AM   #17
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dog Town View Post
Well the gig is up! FOX news is onto us. I suggest we put plan Omega into action.See everyone at the rendezvous.
The golden rule is never ever trust FOX. They may well be working with the perps to set up an impotent investigation.
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2010, 08:33 AM   #18
TheRedWorm
I AM the Red Worm!

Originally Posted by RedIbis View Post
<snip>
Tony, especially, was measured and calm and didn't fall into the rhetorical traps of saying how the explosives were planted or why gov't figures would do such a thing.<snip>

You heard it here, folks. The TM doesn't care about what actually happened. Just so long as it's the big bad "Gov't's" fault...

As usual, he doesn't understand the relevant sciences, can't Google for the right thing, and appears to rely on the notion that a word salad liberally sprinkled with Google Croutons will make his argument seem coherent. -JayUtah
TheRedWorm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2010, 08:35 AM   #19
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
I don't see how 9/11 Truth is advanced at all by this.
Old 14th November 2010, 08:36 AM   #20
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
I wonder why Tony didn't add that he thinks the towers were also brought down with explosives. I would have loved to see Geraldos' face after that. Bob McIlvaine so wanted to go off on a rant, I wonder what Geraldo told them they could and couldn't get into (especially considering his opening comments)
Tony is smart. We will lay it on thick and fast once the demolition of WTC7 gets into general circulation. Then the Towers will be easy to prove beyond any reasonable doubt.We can wait..

Last edited by bill smith; 14th November 2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 14th November 2010, 08:36 AM   #21
RedIbis
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TheRedWorm View Post
You heard it here, folks. The TM doesn't care about what actually happened. Just so long as it's the big bad "Gov't's" fault...
He was honest when he said he doesn't pretend to know how it was done. Knowing NIST's hypothesis is false is not contingent on whether or not you have the perpetrator.

Why can't the so-called debunkers figure that out?
Old 14th November 2010, 08:37 AM   #22
dc1971
Banned

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post

What investigating WTC7's collapse has to do with the death of Bob's son in WTC2 is not explained.
Okay, now I've lost all respect for Geraldo Rivera and for Tony Szamboti (yes, I know you're here on JREF from time to time). Fox News is way past even using the word - RESPECT. Using the word COMICAL is more like it!

Tony, I still don't understand why there has to be a debate or even an issue as to what happened!
dc1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2010, 08:38 AM   #23
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dog Town View Post
Operation passport check might be a good name too.lol
Old 14th November 2010, 08:39 AM   #24
RedIbis
Philosopher

Originally Posted by jhunter1163 View Post
I don't see how 9/11 Truth is advanced at all by this.
Because you're blinded by your bias. Fox News is the most popular news channel in the US. Bob and Tony were given over 8 minutes of air time. This was not a hit piece. Geraldo concluded by saying that he now has an open mind, even though he was previously dismissive of any conspiracy theory.

Your average viewer might also be curious and check out the website and info promoted by Bob and Tony. There were upwards of tens of millions of people who were exposed to this clip. Compare that with the weekly traffic for jref, gravylinks, or 911debunking.

Last edited by RedIbis; 14th November 2010 at 08:41 AM.
RedIbis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2010, 08:40 AM   #25
dc1971
Banned

He was honest when he said he doesn't pretend to know how it was done. Knowing NIST's hypothesis is false is not contingent on whether or not you have the perpetrator.

Get a life!
dc1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2010, 08:42 AM   #26
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Knowing that NIST's hypothesis is false is, however, contingent on articulating a cohesive explanation why, which you have utterly (in fact, in your case, hilariously) failed to do Red.

Why can't you figure that out?

Too busy adopting Judy Woods insane No Planer theories, Red? Hmm, Red, ya No Planer?
Old 14th November 2010, 08:43 AM   #27
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ProBonoShill View Post

LOL
Even more than that actually. JHere....you and the Readers can check out their website if you want the details..

http://ae911truth.org/
Old 14th November 2010, 08:50 AM   #28
TheRedWorm
I AM the Red Worm!

Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
Knowing that NIST's hypothesis is false is, however, contingent on articulating a cohesive explanation why, which you have utterly (in fact, in your case, hilariously) failed to do Red.

Too busy adopting Judy Woods insane No Planer theories, Red? Hmm, Red, ya No Planer?

That's a really good point. What the TM seems to be doing is the same as asking someone what their parent's names are, and just saying "no, they aren't" to every reply, and admitting that you have no clue what their names actually are. How can you be so sure their names aren't Nancy and Craig, when you just admitted that you have no idea what their names actually are?

Old 14th November 2010, 08:51 AM   #29
dc1971
Banned

Originally Posted by bill smith View Post
Even more than that actually. JHere....you and the Readers can check out their website if you want the details..

Are YA SURE those are architects and engineers????
Old 14th November 2010, 08:59 AM   #30
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post

NIST as you know it is already done. Now that we have seen the masses of critical evidence that they have been hiding for all these years with the new FOIA releases their guilt is clearly established. Prison beckons. What is the punishment for high Treason in America ?

Sunder had better consider his position.
Old 14th November 2010, 09:21 AM   #31
Quad4_72
AI-EE-YAH!

NIST as you know it is already done. Now that we have seen the masses of critical evidence that they have been hiding for all these years with the new FOIA releases their guilt is clearly established. Prison beckons. What is the punishment for high Treason in America ?

Sunder had better consider his position.
You're saying silly things again bill. Please stop.
Looks like the one on top has a magazine, thus needs less reloading. Also, the muzzle shroud makes it less likely for a spree killer to burn his hands. The pistol grip makes it more comfortable for the spree killer to shoot. thaiboxerken
Quad4_72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2010, 09:26 AM   #32
Galileo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ProBonoShill View Post

LOL
LOL, you are in denial. No wonder you are losing.

Galileo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2010, 09:33 AM   #33
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Because you're blinded by your bias. Fox News is the most popular news channel in the US. Bob and Tony were given over 8 minutes of air time. This was not a hit piece. Geraldo concluded by saying that he now has an open mind, even though he was previously dismissive of any conspiracy theory.

Your average viewer might also be curious and check out the website and info promoted by Bob and Tony. There were upwards of tens of millions of people who were exposed to this clip. Compare that with the weekly traffic for jref, gravylinks, or 911debunking.
Wait, FOX news is now the authoritative source? When did this change? I thought you guys called them "Faux" news.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2010, 09:38 AM   #34
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I agree Bill. I think FOX should publish the petition list along with their personal statements and qualifications. You agree?

BTW: When do you think Gage is going to submit his petition to Congress? You know this might be a problem (considering he's a non-profit)?

Old 14th November 2010, 09:41 AM   #35
RedIbis
Philosopher

Wait, FOX news is now the authoritative source? When did this change? I thought you guys called them "Faux" news.
I used the word, 'popular'. You used the word 'authoritative.' Do you wish to contest that they are in fact, the most popular news channel in the US?
Old 14th November 2010, 09:41 AM   #36
bill smith
Philosopher

I'm just waiting for more Shills in the media to read the writing on the wall. We may see a lot of Geraldo-type stuff like 'Wow....now I have an open mind' 'I never realised'. 'The Truth Movement may well be right'.

WE may see Charlie on Larry pretty soon..

Last edited by bill smith; 14th November 2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 14th November 2010, 09:45 AM   #37
bill smith
Philosopher

I agree Bill. I think FOX should publish the petition list along with their personal statements and qualifications. You agree?

BTW: When do you think Gage is going to submit his petition to Congress? You know this might be a problem (considering he's a non-profit)?
We will find a way DGM. You know it.
Old 14th November 2010, 09:49 AM   #38
ergo
Illuminator

Yeah, but Bill, there must be at least twelve architects and engineers here on jref - or at least students of - and that FAR outnumbers 1,358, if we use bee dunker math.
ergo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2010, 09:50 AM   #39
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I used the word, 'popular'. You used the word 'authoritative.' Do you wish to contest that they are in fact, the most popular news channel in the US?
I stand corrected.

What do you think, Should FOX post Gages' petition list with their personal statements and qualifications?

Old 14th November 2010, 09:50 AM   #40
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

I'll pencil the revolution in between my lunch with Jesus and cashing my back to back winning PowerBall tickets in
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories