ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags consciousness

Old 23rd November 2010, 12:27 PM   #1
alfa1
Banned

I am the first in the world

I am the first in the world who wrote a link between science and spirituality.
The most important question: Who am I?
I found the answer:
I am a WAVE and the wave function is:
|ψ> = c1|Φ1> + c2|Φ2> + c3|Φ3> + c4|Φ4> + c5|Φ5> + c6|Φ6> + c7|Φ7>
are 7 states |Φi > because are 7 major chakras or energy centers.
alfa1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:29 PM   #2
Mister Earl
Illuminator

That and fifty cents might get you a bag of chips, I suppose.
Mister Earl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:29 PM   #3
GreenLines
Critical Thinker

I'm a high school drop out, and this looks like a math equation.

Mind breaking this down so I could understand it?
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:35 PM   #4
alfa1
Banned

Short: You have 7 quantum states, the superposition of those states multiplied with the probability to be on each state give you the wave function...
alfa1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:37 PM   #5
Giggywig
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Mister Earl View Post
That and fifty cents might get you a bag of chips, I suppose.
Not around here, you';d need 40 cents more.
Giggywig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:39 PM   #6
Giggywig
Master Poster

Is this you? some blog
Giggywig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:43 PM   #7
Zanders
Muse

Why don't you prove that chakra centers exist first?
Zanders is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:44 PM   #8
Soapy Sam
NLH

Originally Posted by Zanders View Post
Why don't you prove that chakra centers exist first?
The force grows strong in this one
Soapy Sam is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:45 PM   #9
Vorticity
Fluid Mechanic

Originally Posted by alfa1 View Post
I found the answer:
Are the 7 states |Φi > orthonormal? Are they complete? What Hilbert space do they span?

Are the amplitudes ci fixed, or are they constrained by the observation of observables?

Does the wave function |ψ> serve to completely specify the individual? If so, how can it be that a given human is constrained and characterized via the specification of a mere seven complex numbers?
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:46 PM   #10
alfa1
Banned

Giggywig yes, is my blog...
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:48 PM   #11
alfa1
Banned

My theory is about chakras and can be extended to the acupuncture points.
The most important question: Who am I?I found the answer:
|ψ> = c1|Φ1> + c2|Φ2> + c3|Φ3>+ ... + c(n-1)|Φ(n-1)> + cn|Φn>
are n states |Φi > because are n acupuncture points or energy centers.
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:49 PM   #12
AdMan
Philosopher

Duplicate post.
AdMan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:51 PM   #13
Vorticity
Fluid Mechanic

The most important question: Who am I?I found the answer:
|ψ> = c1|Φ1> + c2|Φ2> + c3|Φ3>+ ... + c(n-1)|Φ(n-1)> + cn|Φn>
are n states |Φi > because are n acupuncture points or energy centers.
Does there exist an analog of Clebsch-Gordan coefficients that describes the relationship between the coefficients {c1,..., c7} of an eigenstate of the Chakra operator and the coefficients {c1, ..., cn} of an eigenstate of the Acupuncture operator?

Last edited by Vorticity; 23rd November 2010 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Spelling! "Gordan" not "Gordon"!
Vorticity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:57 PM   #14
madurobob
Philosopher

My theory is about...
Funky math aside, a theory is useless if it has no predictive power nor testable hypotheses.

So what testable predictions does your theory give us and how is it useful?
Old 23rd November 2010, 01:00 PM   #15
roger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Vorticity View Post
Does there exist an analog of Clebsch-Gordon coefficients that describes the relationship between the coefficients {c1,..., c7} of an eigenstate of the Chakra operator and the coefficients {c1, ..., cn} of an eigenstate of the Acupuncture operator?
I see what you did there.

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. - John Muir
roger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 01:03 PM   #16
alfa1
Banned

madurobob Wow Funky math aside, a theory is useless !

Show me another theory Who am I? and I will delete my wave function!
Old 23rd November 2010, 01:06 PM   #17
madurobob
Philosopher

So, what you are saying is that you cannot explain your own theory in a way that provides any testable predictions or claims?

Imagine my surprise.
Old 23rd November 2010, 01:06 PM   #18
paiute
Graduate Poster

I found the answer:
I thought the primary equation was b4I4q ru/18 qt(pi)?
http://www.scribd.com/doc/36568510/A...-of-Cadaverine
paiute is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 01:07 PM   #19
Vorticity
Fluid Mechanic

Better yet, tell us who you are and collapse your wave function.
Old 23rd November 2010, 01:07 PM   #20
ben m
Philosopher

Are the chakras a complete basis? Are they stationary states? I'd hate to start the day as |Φ5> and gradually evolve into |Φ7>---or worse, |Φ8> (the tau neutrino) or |Φ9> (chi) or |Φ10> (strontium). Maybe the Power Balance Bracelet can help prevent that.
ben m is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 01:10 PM   #21
alfa1
Banned

I worked 2 years to find a link between spirituality and science, for the wave function....
Old 23rd November 2010, 01:13 PM   #22
Giggywig
Master Poster

Sounds like time well spent.
Old 23rd November 2010, 01:19 PM   #23
Zanders
Muse

I worked 2 years to find a link between spirituality and science, for the wave function....
Can you demonstrate any of this as more that just speculation?

If not, nobody really cares. Sorry.
Zanders is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 01:24 PM   #24
ben m
Philosopher

It's not a "wave function" unless it's a solution to a wave equation. What's the wave equation?
ben m is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 01:29 PM   #25
SumDood
Muse

Originally Posted by Vorticity View Post
Does there exist an analog of Clebsch-Gordan coefficients that describes the relationship between the coefficients {c1,..., c7} of an eigenstate of the Chakra operator and the coefficients {c1, ..., cn} of an eigenstate of the Acupuncture operator?
You are WAY off. Would one test the polarity of a Bogin-time reversal module with bare hands and a volt-meter? Only if you wanted to disrupt the existing continuum belt! Eigenstates only correspond to the innate differential between the first member of any set. To properly deduce the Clebsch-Gordan coefficients, one must first lay forth the principles postulated by the great quantum philosopher Zeron Druthers, in which he configured the locations of the Chi lines via sub-protian scanning. This is basic theoretical quantum. Try cracking a book sometime.

Last edited by SumDood; 23rd November 2010 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Mis-attrubuted source of the inventor of sub-protean scanning
SumDood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 02:08 PM   #26
Swagomatic
Homer Simpson Analogue

Originally Posted by SumDood View Post
You are WAY off. Would one test the polarity of a Bogin-time reversal module with bare hands and a volt-meter? Only if you wanted to disrupt the existing continuum belt! Eigenstates only correspond to the innate differential between the first member of any set. To properly deduce the Clebsch-Gordan coefficients, one must first lay forth the principles postulated by the great quantum philosopher Zeron Druthers, in which he configured the locations of the Chi lines via sub-protian scanning. This is basic theoretical quantum. Try cracking a book sometime.
Well, I was going to mention that, but now I don't have to. Thanks. As old Zeron was fond of saying, "you can state your wave, but you can't wave your state"
Old 23rd November 2010, 02:13 PM   #27
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Please do not confuse the OP poster with me...
Old 23rd November 2010, 02:15 PM   #28
ZirconBlue
Sole Survivor of L-Town

Somehow, I doubt it.
The numbers look the same on their credit cards.
ZirconBlue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 02:15 PM   #29
PiedPiper
Thinker

"tell us who you are and collapse your wave function"

giggle

I'm an organic chemist (10+ years post PhD)...sorry, I found that comment incredibly amusing!
PiedPiper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 02:18 PM   #30
Giggywig
Master Poster

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Please do not confuse the OP poster with me...
You are obviously 8 generations ahead of him, so your equation must account for like 27 chakras!
Old 23rd November 2010, 02:26 PM   #31
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by Soapy Sam View Post
The force farce grows strong in this one
ftfy
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 02:34 PM   #32
Spindrift
My little friend is back!

I used to know what an eigenvalue was, but alas I fear that those neurons were destroyed shortly after graduation.

Why is "Who am I?" the most important question? I always thought the most important question was "Any more beer?"
Old 23rd November 2010, 02:46 PM   #33
casebro
Philosopher

Some have called me cynical, but I don't believe them.

It's not how many breaths you take. It's how many times you have been breathless that counts.
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 03:02 PM   #34
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
I used to know what an eigenvalue was, but alas I fear that those neurons were destroyed shortly after graduation.

Why is "Who am I?" the most important question? I always thought the most important question was "Any more beer?"
But if you keep asking the "Any more beer?" question you will eventually arrive at the "who am I?" question, also the "where are my pants?" question and most importantly, the "who peed on the floor?" question.

Invert the prominent diaphragm!!!

I have eaten breakfast and have not written an Epistle to any Church. - dejudge.
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 03:04 PM   #35
roger
Penultimate Amazing

f(me) = sum (beer consumed) + sum (books read) + sum (assets-liabilities) - weight (ejaculate wasted on the ground)

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. - John Muir
roger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 03:04 PM   #36
Halfcentaur
Philosopher

Time cube !
Halfcentaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 03:05 PM   #37
Sledge
Grammaton Cleric

Miss Elk? Is that you?

"Science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop" ~ Dara O'Briain.
Sledge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 03:26 PM   #38
JFrankA
Illuminator

René Descartes beat you to it, did it simpler and was more accurate.
Old 23rd November 2010, 03:41 PM   #39
catsmate1
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by AdMan View Post
Not surprising. He's been spamming this nonsense, and his self proclaimed superiority to Einstein, Newton, Maxwell, Schrödinger and Planck around the 'net for the last couple of months. Even Usenet.
What is it about electronic engineers that causes them to think they understand quantum mechanics better than physicists........
catsmate1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2010, 03:49 PM   #40
bokonon
Illuminator

I'm pretty sure "The Tao of Physics" and "The Dancing Wu-Li Masters" has written of links between the two before. Their stuff seemed more comprehensible than this wave chancre.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy