ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags consciousness

Old 2nd December 2010, 12:18 PM   #281
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell

Originally Posted by alfa1 View Post
In one day the Universe will be a crowded place!

In my view the Big Bang is cyclic and the size of the Universe can not go under 4*10^(-43) cubic meters.

V = M*20*v/m = 4*10^(-43) cubic meters

V – Smallest volume of the Universe
M - Mass of the Universe
m – Planck mass
v – Planck volume
uhh . . . I think you already said that
Old 2nd December 2010, 01:16 PM   #282
quarky
Banned

In the olden days, the universe wasn't all hung up on being big.
quarky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2010, 01:40 PM   #283
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
Yeah, but how the **** do they work?
By Kwantoom,the divine force.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2010, 01:48 PM   #284
Craig4
Philosopher

Originally Posted by quarky View Post
I know I saw the Universe at the gym the other day and he was all walking around hunched with that "fake big lats" walk trying to look all big and stuff. I was like, geeze what happened to you?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2010, 02:13 PM   #285
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by quarky View Post
Its not the size of the universe it is how you bang it.
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2010, 02:35 PM   #286
cornsail
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Vorticity View Post
alfa1, I never got answers to my questions from page 1 of this thread:

I'm completely serious. You seek to use the notation of quantum mechanics. Such usage is meaningless unless you preserve the notation's meaning.
“Because science will be very complicated, those who will explain with science "Who am I?" will not be able to communicate with the rest of the population!”
Adrian Ferent
cornsail is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2010, 02:49 PM   #287
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by cornsail View Post
“Because science will be very complicated, those who will explain with science "Who am I?" will not be able to communicate with the rest of the population!”
Adrian Ferent
Does Adrian always choose his words at random?
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2010, 04:10 PM   #288
alfa1
Banned

My point is: If the Universe will become smaller than 4*10^(-43) cubic meters the Universe will have a density higher than the Planck density...
But we can't describe physics at densities higher than the Planck density in the quantum world!
http://www4.ncsu.edu/unity/lockers/u...inflation.html
alfa1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2010, 04:12 PM   #289
dafydd
Banned

My point is: If the Universe will become smaller than 4*10^(-43) cubic meters the Universe will have a density higher than the Planck density...
But we can't describe physics at densities higher than the Planck density in the quantum world!
http://www4.ncsu.edu/unity/lockers/u...inflation.html
More breaking news!!!.Lucky you were here to tell us.
Old 2nd December 2010, 04:14 PM   #290
A Laughing Baby
A baby. Goo goo ga ga

In my theory, the world can be explained by the following:

A generic exponential function multiplied by some coefficient (S) is equivalent to the function of a random draw (N) from some series (U).

Imagine I put that on every post I make from here on out. And once you write it out, my function is WAY truer than yours.
Old 2nd December 2010, 04:16 PM   #291
alfa1
Banned

This means the Universe will not go to ZERO volume like Stephen Hawking and others said!
alfa1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2010, 04:21 PM   #292
A Laughing Baby
A baby. Goo goo ga ga

My theory is still truer, sorry. I mean, take a look at it:

Sex=F(Un)

Accept your mathematical defeat and move on with some grace.

Last edited by A Laughing Baby; 2nd December 2010 at 04:22 PM.
A Laughing Baby is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2010, 04:26 PM   #293
dafydd
Banned

This means the Universe will not go to ZERO volume like Stephen Hawking and others said!
It won't get as small as this?
Old 2nd December 2010, 04:35 PM   #294
cornsail
Illuminator

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
Does Adrian always choose his words at random?
He's a wave, not a tangent.
cornsail is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2010, 04:41 PM   #295
I Ratant
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by A Laughing Baby View Post

Sex=F(Un)

Having Sex is a lot funner than worrying about the size of the universe, or its beginning or its end.
I Ratant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2010, 04:41 PM   #296
dafydd
Banned

He's a wave, not a tangent.
He's a Boojum,not a Snark.
Old 2nd December 2010, 04:50 PM   #297
alfa1
Banned

The problem is we have to look for another Universe where to move!
Old 2nd December 2010, 04:52 PM   #298
A Laughing Baby
A baby. Goo goo ga ga

I can't think of another universe, but I can gladly suggest some other forums for you
Old 2nd December 2010, 04:55 PM   #299
alfa1
Banned

A parallel Universe can be very close to us!
Old 2nd December 2010, 04:55 PM   #300
dafydd
Banned

Why and when?
Old 2nd December 2010, 04:56 PM   #301
alfa1
Banned

Soon!
Old 2nd December 2010, 04:57 PM   #302
cornsail
Illuminator

Perhaps life is subjected to octopus. We are giant octopus brain floating amongst other left handed brains.
Old 2nd December 2010, 04:57 PM   #303
dafydd
Banned

Soon!
This farce has gone on long enough now.Happy trolling.
Old 2nd December 2010, 04:58 PM   #304
cornsail
Illuminator

I am the first in the world who wrote a link between spirituality and frutti di mare.
Old 2nd December 2010, 04:59 PM   #305
alfa1
Banned

I would like to go now from Romania!
In any Universe!

Last edited by alfa1; 2nd December 2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 2nd December 2010, 05:25 PM   #306
Marcus
Master Poster

Well make up your mind. Do you aspire to be a woo or a troll? Either way you're going to need some lessons.
Marcus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2010, 05:38 PM   #307
alfa1
Banned

All my life I will learn!
Old 2nd December 2010, 05:53 PM   #308
Marcus
Master Poster

That's the spirit. Be all the troll that you can be.
Marcus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2010, 06:41 PM   #309
The Man
Scourge, of the supernatural

Originally Posted by I Ratant View Post
Snip!
Now you have two pieces of string!
Dang, I hate when that happens!!!
"Not a seat but a springboard” (1942 Winston Churchill) "As he who, seeking asses, found a kingdom" (1671 Milton "Paradise Regained") "for it seem'd A void was made in nature, all her bonds Crack'd; and I saw the flaring atom-streams And torrents of her myriad universe, Ruining along the illimitable inane, Fly on to clash together again, and make Another and another frame of things For ever." (1868 Tennyson "Lucretius")
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2010, 06:42 PM   #310
The Man

Originally Posted by The Norseman
Chinese scientists are using the country's most expensive ever science project, a light-emitting synchrotron, to solve the mystery of acupuncture points.

<link removed>

Why am I suddenly picturing Bender dressed in a 70's era disco outfit?
Evidently he is just using a self-quote emitting ‘sphinctertron’ for his 'experiments'.
"Not a seat but a springboard” (1942 Winston Churchill) "As he who, seeking asses, found a kingdom" (1671 Milton "Paradise Regained") "for it seem'd A void was made in nature, all her bonds Crack'd; and I saw the flaring atom-streams And torrents of her myriad universe, Ruining along the illimitable inane, Fly on to clash together again, and make Another and another frame of things For ever." (1868 Tennyson "Lucretius")

Last edited by The Man; 2nd December 2010 at 07:51 PM. Reason: removed link & "experiments" to 'experiments' as not a direct quote
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2010, 06:46 PM   #311
The Man

In one day the Universe will be a crowded place!

In my view the Big Bang is cyclic and the size of the Universe can not go under 4*10^(-43) cubic meters.

V = M*20*v/m = 4*10^(-43) cubic meters

V – Smallest volume of the Universe
M - Mass of the Universe
m – Planck mass
v – Planck volume
So that puts your “M - Mass of the Universe” at about 5.78*1079 kg

How did you arrive at that value or did you just pull from the same place as your 98%?

All my life I will learn!
Get back to us when you have learned,

or have a definition and evidence of your “chakras”.

Including units of measure that must relate to some Force times some Distance (if you are going to claim it is energy). How you measure and localize your “chakras” (if your are going to claim, as you have, “chakras or energy centers” and “chakras level”). As well as how you determine “chakras” direction if you’re going to try to equate your purported “chakras or energy” “theory” to quantum field theory. You’ve got a long way to go, alfa1, before you show any evidence of, well, science in your imaginary “link between science and spirituality”.

Last edited by The Man; 2nd December 2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: supertext
Old 2nd December 2010, 06:50 PM   #312
The Man

I am the first in the world who wrote a link between spirituality and frutti di mare.
Now there’s a linkage worth exploring.
Old 2nd December 2010, 07:11 PM   #313
The Man

Warning malicious site!!!

Warning malicious site!!!

Chinese scientists are using the country's most expensive ever science project, a light-emitting synchrotron, to solve the mystery of acupuncture points.

<link removed>
I clicked on the above link to see what he was talking about and it was blocked by my firewall as a malicious site.

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK!!

ETA:

Post reported and link removed from quote for that reason.

I have never reported a post nor did I ever think I would have reason to do so, but a potential malicious link left me no alternative.

Sorry alfa1, I don’t presume it was any intent on your part and I would recommend you do an intensive scan of your system.

Last edited by The Man; 2nd December 2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: ETA and typos in ETA
Old 2nd December 2010, 08:40 PM   #314
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
I don't know, but I actually work at one of those (a synchrotron that is, not a 70s disco) and I've never seen him here.

So. Disappointed.
Old 2nd December 2010, 09:22 PM   #315
Fnord
Metasyntactic Variable

Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Sorry alfa1, I don’t presume it was any intent on your part and I would recommend you do an intensive scan of your system.
With any favorable occurance of random chance, Alfie's OS has been so severely compromised that he can not longer access Teh Interwebz!
Belief itself proves nothing.
Fnord is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2010, 11:48 PM   #316
The Man

We couldn’t be that favorably occurrent, and it seems that it is not just the OS of his computer that has been severely compromised.
Old 3rd December 2010, 12:58 AM   #317
nathan
Zygoticly Phased

Originally Posted by Wrathernaut View Post
I grew up believing I was made of snips, snails and puppy-dog tails.
I thought it was slugs, snails, puppy-dog tails.

What's a snip? (Hey I may as well try and learn something)
Old 3rd December 2010, 01:10 AM   #318
nathan
Zygoticly Phased

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
When I pointed out that biology takes place at the molecular level and quantum effects were confined to the sub-atomic level I may as well have been speaking Chinese to her.
Incorrect chinese at that.
Old 3rd December 2010, 01:36 AM   #319
Yithmas
Scholar

Originally Posted by A Laughing Baby View Post

Sex=F(Un)

Your devine powers of universal insight are beyond awesome!
Old 3rd December 2010, 05:23 AM   #320
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by nathan View Post
Incorrect chinese at that.
Happy to hear it.Perhaps you could tell me how quantum processes can cure cancer,aids and hepatitis c.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy