ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Julian Assange , rape charges

Closed Thread
Old 8th December 2010, 08:34 AM   #161
Jaxe
Thinker

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Did you miss the part where the prosecutor stated that the case was reopened because of "new evidence", that appartently being that in the second case he had sex with the woman while she was asleep. The first attempt to create a rape case scandel failed when the prosecutor saw through it, so they rejigged the stories and added a bit more to make sure that it had enough the second time. With the woman saying that she was asleep, the prosecutor has no choice by to reopen the case as that is rape in any book.
Just to set the record straight, the new prosecuter reopened the case on request by Claes Borgström.
Quote from wiki:
Quote:
Claes Gustaf Borgström (born 21 July 1944 in Stockholm) is a Swedish lawyer and Social Democratic politician.

Borgström earned a law degree from Stockholm University in 1974. Thereafter he started to work as a lawyer. He has worked on several high-profile criminal cases, most notably as a defence counsel for convicted mass murderer Thomas Quick. Between 2000 and 2007, Borgström was appointed by the Swedish government as the Equal Opportunities Ombudsman. He retired from this post in 2007 to start to work as a lawyer again. At this time he started up his own law office together with Social Democratic politician and former Minister for Justice Thomas Bodström. Since 2008 he is also the Swedish Social Democratic Party's spokesperson on gender equality issues.
Thomas Bodström and Claes Borgström are particularly well known to get involved in high profile, often political, legal matters.

Last edited by Jaxe; 8th December 2010 at 08:53 AM.
Jaxe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th December 2010, 09:45 AM   #162
BenBurch
Gatekeeper of The Left

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
No. This is what the Constitution says about freedom of the press.
Right, but there are laws of general application that cannot be applied to the press. And this is where the discretion lies.

If he had simply PUBLISHED every word of what he has, he would have been OK, but to broker it out for payment (and he was paid) makes it espionage.
Old 8th December 2010, 09:11 PM   #163
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Interesting analysis:

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/41990.html
Old 8th December 2010, 09:22 PM   #164
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Some more interesting analysis:

http://vancouver.mediacoop.ca/blog/sandracuffe/5363
Old 8th December 2010, 09:45 PM   #165
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by egslim View Post
Woman gets raped, then throws party in rapists' honour. No further comment necessary.
How Must She Behave to Have Been Raped?
Old 8th December 2010, 09:46 PM   #166
little grey rabbit
Banned

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
She performed oral sex on him in the theater?

That's so tacky.

What's this about her being asleep then?
In the end who cares. Everyone is entitled to a private life but if you go down on someone in cinema after just having met them, the defendent is entitled to a fairly large benefit of doubt.

Is this the first Interpol extradition for not wearing a condom?
little grey rabbit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th December 2010, 10:57 PM   #167
TubbaBlubba
Knave of the Dudes

Originally Posted by whatthebutlersaw View Post
Most cases are first heard in town court (Tingsrätten) and can then be appealed to county court (Länsrätten) which will typically have more legal professionals and fewer nämndemän. There are a couple more tiers, through which appeals can go if you are not happy with Länsrätten (which mostly handles cases of care orders) - such as Kammarrätten and Högsta Domstolen (Which will typically only take a case if it has the merits to result in a change in the law.).
Förvaltningsrätten/Kammarrätten/Regeringsrätten is a special tier of courts, separate from Tings/Läns/Högsta Domstolen. They only handle cases related to government agencies.
Old 8th December 2010, 11:30 PM   #168
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

In the end it comes down to two things:

1) Did she tell him no sex without a condom?
2) Did he start having sex with her while she was asleep?

If either answer is yes, then case closed, he's guilty. Nothing else matters, it doesn't matter if she gave him head in a theatre or they had sex earlier, if the prosecutor is a political animal, or anything else. If he did either of those things, he had non-consential sex with her, and that in any western country is called rape.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
My Apollo Page.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th December 2010, 03:02 AM   #169
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Originally Posted by little grey rabbit View Post
Is this the first Interpol extradition for not wearing a condom?
It's the first I've ever heard of but I don't monitor Interpol.
Old 9th December 2010, 03:21 AM   #170
Oliver
~The Rascal~

Originally Posted by egslim View Post
Either way, both women did not go to the police until after they had talked with each other and found out they had both had sex with mr Assange.

Meow!

Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th December 2010, 12:43 PM   #171
Jaxe
Thinker

rape.
You know, i've often said "not without a condom" and then had sex without a condom anyway, i used to blame passion, but now i know i was raped. I feel so violated... Especially that time the condom broke, all her fault really...
While i technicly don't disagree that herein lies a possibile crime, i've always wondered, did she wake up? how did she react when she woke up? If she didnt wake up, how did she know she had sex?

In the end though, it's ALL speculation, but considering what (according to the law in Sweden anyway) constitutes as rape, he may just have gently parted her legs for it to be considered a violation. And if that's the case, i'm sure he's guilty
Old 9th December 2010, 12:52 PM   #172
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

If either answer is yes, then case closed, he's guilty. Nothing else matters, it doesn't matter if she gave him head in a theatre or they had sex earlier, if the prosecutor is a political animal, or anything else. If he did either of those things, he had non-consential sex with her, and that in any western country is called rape.
If he was caught red handed attempting rape, those who see him as a Hero would still defend him.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th December 2010, 01:14 PM   #173
BenBurch
Gatekeeper of The Left

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
If he was caught red handed attempting rape, those who see him as a Hero would still defend him.
And attack his victim.
Old 9th December 2010, 01:22 PM   #174
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
This is all getting way out of hand.

What is quite probably a politically motivated criminal procedure is pretty well all rumour at present. The charges and evidence are being evaluated in GB at present, to see if they warrant extradition. The magistrate has found them to be severely lacking. This may change.

I have no idea to what extent the 'victims', (we don't know if he is guilty yet), agree with what is being done in their name.

What would the people who think he is guilty say if the extradition worked and he was then released to the USA for prosecution. The justice system would then have been clearly manipulated not out of any concern for the 'victims', but purely to use their suffering to pursue other issues. That would be a merely cynical exploitation of rape, and an act of rape in itself.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th December 2010, 01:38 PM   #175
Skeptic Ginger
formerly skeptigirl

Originally Posted by Here_to_learn View Post
Yes, thank you.That is why I asked:
My bolding.
No, I based my conclusion about the Swedish prosecutor on the evidence which included the following from my link in post #47:
Quote:
The case was announced by a junior prosecutor, then within days it was taken up by a senior prosecutor, Eva Finne. Finne dropped the rape charge hours after examining the evidence. Assange stayed in Sweden. On August 31 he was interviewed by Stockholm police.

The next day, [months later] the Director of Prosecutions in Sweden, Marianne Ny, took the case over and announced she was reopening the rape investigation due to ''new information''.

Assange and his team say they do not know what that information is.
So you have a department director taking up a minor case that has extreme notoriety months after the charges were dropped. That smacks of ulterior motives on the part of the prosecutor. One could speculate based on the blog gossip that the director has an issue with men or whatever. The more likely explanation for secondary gain in a case like this is political aspiration.

I understand the posts here with the standard skeptical default position of "the accusation could be true, we shouldn't jump to conclusions," yadda yadda. There seems to be fewer positions in the thread with the neutral default position of, "we have, he said, she said, there is no evidence supporting either side except gossip."

I found a blog with a few reminders about the facts discussed, namely that there were numerous unsupported allegations against the accusers. I would think the same complaint can be extended to the prosecutor.

The rush to smear Assange's rape accuser

I agree that the gossip against the accusers who appear to have acted independently relative to the political drama needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Assange supporters are biased and lots of garbage is being bandied around about the feminist position of one of the accusers. I've become more skeptical of the charges one of the women had a blog piece on 9 steps to get even with men or something like that, though I don't dismiss that charge either. It was a pretty specific accusation which tend to be more reliable than say, the accusations someone is a lesbian feminist with a grudge against men.

But regarding the prosecutor and the prosecutor's motives, there is plenty of circumstantial evidence her motives are way more political than justified by the circumstances.

Also in the Salon op ed:
Quote:
You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to find the timing of Interpol's warrant for the arrest of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, who turned himself in to British authorities today, curious.
I stand by my default position this is a political prosecution based on the obvious. Puhleeese, Interpol's most wanted and no bail for having consensual sex without a condom? A case reopened for no other apparent reason several months after it took a senior prosecutor only a couple hours to dismiss the charges and declare there was no case?

The most likely scenario here based just on the evidence we do have is a couple of women who had sex with a guy, got annoyed at said guy and went to the cops to demand they have the guy tested for STDs. The prosecutor told them they had no case. That would have been the end of it in any other circumstance.

The rest is hard to explain in any other way except a prosecution for some kind of political gain.

All this speculation like he could have raped them in their sleep is as bad as the false accusations against the accusers. There is no evidence the women even made those charges. It could be pure speculation made into 'facts' or it could be how the prosecutor fabricated a case where there was none perhaps by asking leading questions.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 9th December 2010 at 01:45 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th December 2010, 01:54 PM   #176
Leif Roar
Master Poster

Originally Posted by BenBurch View Post
If he had simply PUBLISHED every word of what he has, he would have been OK, but to broker it out for payment (and he was paid) makes it espionage.

Are you saying that newspapers can't a) edit and b) earn money?
Old 9th December 2010, 01:57 PM   #177
Skeptic Ginger
formerly skeptigirl

From an ABC News account of the arraignment:
Quote:
One woman, identified as Miss A, claims that on Aug. 14, Assange "forcibly parted her legs, preventing her from moving," "then had intercourse without a condom" despite her protests. On Aug 18, he allegedly coerced her again.

A second woman, labeled Miss W, said on Aug. 17 that Assange had unprotected sex with her while she was asleep.
Coerced her again 4 days later? What do we have here an incompetent adult or a child? What garbage. This alone says the prosecutor is stretching the facts. Women should be insulted with this kind of viewing sex as men taking advantage of women victims.

If you say, "no", sure, date rape is a real thing. But why would you let the guy "coerce" you again 4 days later? It's not like Anita Hill continuing to work for a boss who makes disgusting comments. This was supposedly date rape. You don't go with the guy again if that happens unless you were in some long term abusive relationship maybe.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 9th December 2010 at 02:00 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th December 2010, 02:29 PM   #178
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

Originally Posted by ddt View Post
Considerable details about what perspired between the two women and Assange is a matter of public information
Does the public information really go into that much salacious detail?

I think you meant "transpired".
Slayhamlet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th December 2010, 02:53 PM   #179
ddt
Mafia Penguin

Originally Posted by Slayhamlet View Post
Does the public information really go into that much salacious detail?

I think you meant "transpired".
Thanks for brushing up my English.
Old 9th December 2010, 04:23 PM   #180
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Coerced her again 4 days later? What do we have here an incompetent adult or a child? What garbage. This alone says the prosecutor is stretching the facts. Women should be insulted with this kind of viewing sex as men taking advantage of women victims.

If you say, "no", sure, date rape is a real thing. But why would you let the guy "coerce" you again 4 days later? It's not like Anita Hill continuing to work for a boss who makes disgusting comments. This was supposedly date rape. You don't go with the guy again if that happens unless you were in some long term abusive relationship maybe.
We don't know the details here but a guy repeatedly raping a woman has happened.

This might all be complete BS but I think we need to keep in mind that we are largely ignorant of everything that is happening.
Old 9th December 2010, 04:32 PM   #181
BenBurch
Gatekeeper of The Left

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
We don't know the details here but a guy repeatedly raping a woman has happened.
Sometimes women are forced to have sex and then so conflicted by whatever feelings they had for the person that they do not instantly decide to call the police.

Just like sometimes one will have something stolen by a good friend, but you justify it that they are a friend, and you can't call the cops on a friend, and only call the police when they do it again.
Old 9th December 2010, 09:38 PM   #182
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jaxe View Post
You know, i've often said "not without a condom" and then had sex without a condom anyway, i used to blame passion, but now i know i was raped. I feel so violated... Especially that time the condom broke, all her fault really...
If a woman says "no" then anything further after that without a "yes" is rape. If a guy says "no" and after coaxing from here sticks it in anyway, that's not. If he says "no" and then the woman holds him down and mounts him, then depending on the Law of the country (some countries only consider the person being penetrated to be able to be raped) there is a very good case for rape.

Quote:
While i technicly don't disagree that herein lies a possibile crime, i've always wondered, did she wake up? how did she react when she woke up? If she didnt wake up, how did she know she had sex?
It doesn't matter what she did on waking up.

Quote:
In the end though, it's ALL speculation, but considering what (according to the law in Sweden anyway) constitutes as rape, he may just have gently parted her legs for it to be considered a violation. And if that's the case, i'm sure he's guilty
It appears to have been more than that.

I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
My Apollo Page.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th December 2010, 09:39 PM   #183
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Wow, you just did the whole, "all women react to being raped in exactly the same manner" fallacy.

My Apollo Page.
Old 9th December 2010, 09:55 PM   #184
little grey rabbit
Banned

Wow, you just did the whole, "all women react to being raped in exactly the same manner" fallacy.
Mmmmm, yes. For instance psychologists have long known about the "tweeting I have just been with the world's coolest smartest people, it's amazing! " as common traumatic response to sexual assault. Call it Stockholm Syndrome for the social media age.
little grey rabbit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th December 2010, 10:20 PM   #185
BeAChooser
Banned

You folks might be interested in knowing that Glenn Beck spent some time dissecting the rape accusation against Assange and found it very questionable.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,602442,00.html
BeAChooser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th December 2010, 10:47 PM   #186
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
You folks might be interested in knowing that Glenn Beck spent some time dissecting the rape accusation against Assange and found it very questionable.

Except that he gets a lot of it wrong based on what we now know. For instance he claims that there is a rape charge from the condom breaking, that's not true, the only rape charge is for the second lot of sex with woman B, the sex that is supposed to have started while she was asleep, and without a condom when she had previously stated that she wouldn't have sex without one. As for having breakfast and taking him to the train afterwards, how are victims of this sort of rape supposed to react?

Originally Posted by aardvarc
Many victims of acquaintance rape are initially unable to identify their experience. The closer the relationship with the attacker (lover, relative, etc.) the greater the victim's shock. Some react by denying the significance of the incident. Victims may not be able to identify their experience as rape.
The whole idea that victims of acquaintance rape should react badly towards their abuser is total BS.

My Apollo Page.

Last edited by PhantomWolf; 9th December 2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 9th December 2010, 11:09 PM   #187
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

I posted this before in #165, but here is an answer:

How Must She Behave to Have Been Raped?
Old 9th December 2010, 11:16 PM   #188
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post

What Glenn Beck thinks about anything will have no effect on what I think about it. The man has zero credibility as far as I'm concerned. Zilch.
Old 9th December 2010, 11:53 PM   #189
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
What Glenn Beck thinks about anything will have no effect on what I think about it. The man has zero credibility as far as I'm concerned. Zilch.
You actually give him that much? Why waste a perfectly good set of negative numbers?

My Apollo Page.
Old 10th December 2010, 08:32 AM   #190
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

From what I've read so far is that while it's entirely possible that the 'rape' or 'sex by surprise' charges are trumped up, it's also entire possible that they are spot on.

For example-
Reported fact: The women only went to the police after they met.
Possibility: They found out he was sleeping around and got upset they were being played so went to the police out of spite.
Another possibility: The younger woman told the older woman what happened and the older one urged the younger to go to the police because it sounded very fishy, and a lot like rape. The younger woman being conflicted like most rape victims.

At this point I think anyone claiming, 'It couldn't have been rape' or 'It must have been rape' is on very thin ice. Nothing so far outright confirms either claim.
tyr_13 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th December 2010, 10:29 AM   #191
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by tyr_13 View Post
At this point I think anyone claiming, 'It couldn't have been rape' or 'It must have been rape' is on very thin ice. Nothing so far outright confirms either claim.
What gave you the right to go around being reasonable and logical?!?

"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th December 2010, 08:23 PM   #192
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
What gave you the right to go around being reasonable and logical?!?

It isn't on the politics subforum, so I have every capability of it.
tyr_13 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th December 2010, 08:59 PM   #193
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Not that I know enough about the circumstances to really be sure, but if I was forced to make an assessment I'd say that in the case of the second woman, it actually was rape (he had sex with her while she was asleep) and in the case of the first woman it was a jilted lover seeking to get some revenge on her cheating man.

I think it's a mistake to assume that if one's a victim the other must be, or that if one isn't a victim the other isn't either.

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th December 2010, 10:21 PM   #194
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by gumboot View Post
Not that I know enough about the circumstances to really be sure, but if I was forced to make an assessment I'd say that in the case of the second woman, it actually was rape (he had sex with her while she was asleep) and in the case of the first woman it was a jilted lover seeking to get some revenge on her cheating man.

I think it's a mistake to assume that if one's a victim the other must be, or that if one isn't a victim the other isn't either.
It seems that everything the first woman has done has been in support of the second. Sure, she could be doing it because she's jilted, but she could also be genuinely concerned for the younger woman, or any combination thereof.
Old 10th December 2010, 11:25 PM   #195
casebro
Philosopher

ooooKay, anybody know what the actual charges are? Four counts of rape, two per woman, or one count of "sex by surprise" stemming from starting sex while the second woman was asleep? And does this rape claim depend on the not wearing of a condom?
Was she ever examined, swab taken, to even prove there was sex? Is there a sample to compare his dna to? Is his dna what the lab test request was all about, NOT std?

I'm no Don Juan, but I'm thinking that almost all sex acts are by tacit approval. I've never had a written permission slip. "The boy Scouts, and the Girl Guides". A woman in bed with a man seems to go a long ways towards expectations of further activity. And now it comes down to her claiming she had told him "not without a condom". Yet rape is usually defined as unwanted penetration. In this case penetration* with conditions would have been OK? Is this all a bit much to expect from a guy with an erection?

In most places, contractual sex is illegal. But it looks like we will soon need a written contract for liability purposes. A real legal dilemma.

* OT, is the root of the word "penetrate" 'pene' as in penis?

Some have called me cynical, but I don't believe them.

It's not how many breaths you take. It's how many times you have been breathless that counts.
casebro is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th December 2010, 02:04 AM   #196
Here_to_learn
Master Poster

Originally Posted by casebro View Post
ooooKay, anybody know what the actual charges are? ?
According to the web site of the swedish procecutors:
Quote:
Julian Assange är häktad i sin frånvaro för våldtäkt, sexuellt ofredande och olaga tvång.
One translation I have seen is (posted earlier in this thread):
Originally Posted by Here_to_learn View Post
According to the Guardian Blog that quotes the Metropolitan Police, the charges are:
Quote:
He is accused by the Swedish authorities of one count of unlawful coercion, two counts of sexual molestation and one count of rape, all alleged to have been committed in August 2010.
There's no "surprise" part as far as I can see, I don't know where that comes from, or if it's just a rumor that being repeated.
Here_to_learn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th December 2010, 02:28 AM   #197
Aepervius
Philosopher

The problem I see with this, is that it msotly come down to he-said , she-said, unless he admits guilt, and bound to go nowhere. A pity but that is what it comes down in absence of any other evidence.

ETA: I am not pretending this is the case, I am jsut saying this will go nowhere if there are no otehr evidences.

Last edited by Aepervius; 11th December 2010 at 02:32 AM.
Aepervius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th December 2010, 02:53 AM   #198
Wildy
Adelaidean

There you go.

Wildy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th December 2010, 05:38 AM   #199
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

ooooKay, anybody know what the actual charges are? Four counts of rape, two per woman, or one count of "sex by surprise" stemming from starting sex while the second woman was asleep? And does this rape claim depend on the not wearing of a condom?
Was she ever examined, swab taken, to even prove there was sex? Is there a sample to compare his dna to? Is his dna what the lab test request was all about, NOT std?

I'm no Don Juan, but I'm thinking that almost all sex acts are by tacit approval. I've never had a written permission slip. "The boy Scouts, and the Girl Guides". A woman in bed with a man seems to go a long ways towards expectations of further activity. And now it comes down to her claiming she had told him "not without a condom". Yet rape is usually defined as unwanted penetration. In this case penetration* with conditions would have been OK? Is this all a bit much to expect from a guy with an erection?

In most places, contractual sex is illegal. But it looks like we will soon need a written contract for liability purposes. A real legal dilemma.

Wow, this post is just fill of ignorance. No it's not an open invite for you to have sex just because she's in bed with you, and No means No, so when she says No Condom, No Sex, it means No. With attitudes like yours it's not surprising the number of women that think all men are arrogant jerks.

My Apollo Page.
Old 11th December 2010, 07:17 AM   #200
Cain
Straussian

This guy ****s attractive Swedish chicks and governments. He's kind of my hero.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events