IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 23rd January 2011, 05:10 AM   #1
Lenbrazil
Muse

Question about Who They Were: Inside the World Trade Center DNA Story:

A conspiracy kook wrote:

Quote:
Dr. Robert Shaler, former director of
the Forensic Biology Department at
the New York City Office of the Chief
Medical Examiner, wrote the book
Who They Were: Inside the World
Trade Center DNA Story: The
Unprecedented Effort to Identify the
Missing. He writes mostly of his
staff’s efforts to identify those who
had worked in the World Trade
Center buildings.

He says that he met with families of
passengers, although this was late
in the investigation. And although
he mentions a few matches made
with passengers and shows a chart
of the number of passenger
matches, he does not specify
anyone.

The information above gives
sufficient basis in fact to reject the
official story and start anew….
That is false because Shaler mentioned IDing Daniel Lewin (pg 310) but I believe it is irrational for a more basic reason. I’ve only read the parts of the book available on Google and nowhere in them did he “specify anyone” from the WTC or flight 587, did he do so on pages I couldn’t access?

Last edited by Lenbrazil; 23rd January 2011 at 05:13 AM.
Lenbrazil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2011, 11:12 AM   #2
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

Because 1 book wasn't detailed enough for him we need a new investigation? Do these people end every statement with "WE NEED A NEW INVESTIGATION!!!"? I am beginning ho think that 911 truth is nothing more than a form of tourrettes.
grandmastershek is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2011, 01:25 PM   #3
A W Smith
Philosopher

http://www.911myths.com/index.php/Pe...Proof_Passport
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Don’t get me lol’n off my chesterfield dude.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2011, 09:16 PM   #4
Lenbrazil
Muse

Yes I know Shaler IDed most of the passengers and crew from flights 11 & 175. What I want to know is if he mentioned any of the WTC victims he IDed (or tried to) by name.
Lenbrazil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2011, 02:42 AM   #5
MikeW
Graduate Poster

I have a copy of the book. Trouble is, I seem to have misplaced it... I have lots of work to do today, but I'll go look for it tonight and try to answer your question then, if no-one else has done so in the meantime.
MikeW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2011, 04:34 AM   #6
progge
Thinker

Originally Posted by Lenbrazil View Post
That is false because Shaler mentioned IDing Daniel Lewin (pg 310) but I believe it is irrational for a more basic reason. I’ve only read the parts of the book available on Google and nowhere in them did he “specify anyone” from the WTC or flight 587, did he do so on pages I couldn’t access?
Yes, there is a single chapter dedicated to the identification of James Marcel Cartier, an electrician who worked on the 105th floor of the south tower (ch. 14, see also ch. 15).
As far as I can see, no passenger from AA 587 is mentioned by name and the only passenger named from one of the doomed 9/11 flights is Daniel Levin from AA 11.

Last edited by progge; 24th January 2011 at 04:36 AM.
progge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2011, 05:17 PM   #7
Lenbrazil
Muse

Originally Posted by progge View Post
Yes, there is a single chapter dedicated to the identification of James Marcel Cartier, an electrician who worked on the 105th floor of the south tower (ch. 14, see also ch. 15).
As far as I can see, no passenger from AA 587 is mentioned by name and the only passenger named from one of the doomed 9/11 flights is Daniel Levin from AA 11.
Thanks, I read most of the part about Cartier. For some reason I can access more pages from an Internet cafe then at home but still can only read less than half. I saw he mention Rita Blau whose remains ne never identified, did he metion anyone else from the towers by name? He seems to have made a point of not doing so.

Last edited by Lenbrazil; 24th January 2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 25th January 2011, 04:09 AM   #8
progge
Thinker

I saw he mention Rita Blau whose remains ne never identified, did he metion anyone else from the towers by name?
I didnīt re-read the whole book, but from what I remember and noticed while skimming through it again: No, he doesnīt.
He seems to have made a point of not doing so.
No surprise - itīs a sensitive subject. Iīm sure he requested special permission from James M. Cartierīs family to make an exception.
progge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories