ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 5th February 2011, 09:54 AM   #1
jargon buster
Banned

bomb at the superbowl?????

http://www.forbiddenknowledgetv.com/...ag-terror.html

Quote:
Nuke to Go Off at the Superbowl Tomorrow?

For whatever its worth, the research of David Taylor suggests that there may be a nuclear bomb detonated during Superbowl XVL and if not tomorrow, at a future mass event, where hundreds of millions of viewers will be watching. He claims that if there is no explosion, it will be because local law enforcement will have taken heed of his warnings.

Taylor's prediction is based on his interpretation of decades of pop culture, which he sees as the primary means of
conditioning the populace, in the tradition of conspiracy theorist, James Shelby Downard, whose works examined perceived occult symbolism, twilight language and synchronicity behind historical events in the 20th century.

Taylor notes that for the past 50 years, we have been repeatedly informed that when a nuclear weapon goes off, Martial Law
will be declared...

Here's to hoping he's wrong!
If it goes off hes right, if it doesn't, hes still right
jargon buster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2011, 10:02 AM   #2
Yeggster
Master Poster

bomb at the superbowl???

There will be some I'm sure ... but I think they'll stick to the short game most of the time.
Yeggster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2011, 10:53 AM   #3
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

The book was much better than the movie. Though they did blow the Toronto Argonauts to hell with a nuke, it didn't save the remaining 2 hours.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2011, 11:56 AM   #4
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by jargon buster View Post
http://www.forbiddenknowledgetv.com/...ag-terror.html

If it goes off hes right, if it doesn't, hes still right
OMG. So his method of prediction is to watch old movies like Black Sunday (1977) and then say "yeah, that's going to happen"? What's next? A prediction that an ocean liner will overturn?

ETA: I went to the root URL. My advice is to not do that with a mouthful of orange soda.

Last edited by Ladewig; 5th February 2011 at 11:58 AM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2011, 03:28 PM   #5
fitzgibbon
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post
The book was much better than the movie. Though they did blow the Toronto Argonauts to hell with a nuke, it didn't save the remaining 2 hours.
Aaaaaaaaaaargosssssssssss!

Not that most of Canada wouldn't mind seeing Trawna blown to smithereens. Superbowl is only notable for the commercials which we'll see again and again and again over the coming months. If the commercials are the most notable components, we're watching this.......why?
"Television is a circus, a carnival, a traveling troupe of acrobats, storytellers, dancers, singers, jugglers, side-show freaks, lion tamers, and football players. We're in the boredom-killing business! So if you want the truth... Go to God!"
Howard Beale, "Network"
fitzgibbon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2011, 03:49 PM   #6
Bell
Penultimate Amazing

Terrorist: "What is Super Bowl?"
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2011, 03:57 PM   #7
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

I doubt they'll be a bomb at the Super Bowl, but I will predict this: If during the halftime show Osama Bin Laden himself pulls off his Fergie disguise to reveal an atomic device hidden in his bra, and in full high-definition closeup view of the 500+ million worldwide audience announces in perfect English "Take that, infidels!" and blows up half of Dallas, someone somewhere will still blame the Jews.
Old 6th February 2011, 11:34 AM   #8
sadhatter
Philosopher

Aww, i was actually going to write " Hey havn't seen a " bomb at the superbowl thread yet this year" as my facebook status. But this ruined it, thanks JREF.
sadhatter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2011, 12:16 PM   #9
I Ratant
Penultimate Amazing

I predicted years ago the revenge for the Hiroshima/Nagasaki bombs would be at a large sporting event, like this Super Bowl, whatever that might be, when all the foreign made (no finger pointing) electronic devices are there in sufficient quantity for the miniscule amount of plutonium creverry inserted in each at manufacture will go critical and explode, just due to the proximity of all those miniscule amounts to each other.
With the profliferation of cell-phones today....... Kabloowie!
I Ratant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2011, 12:51 PM   #10
boooeee
Dart Fener

Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post
I doubt they'll be a bomb at the Super Bowl, but I will predict this: If during the halftime show Osama Bin Laden himself pulls off his Fergie disguise to reveal an atomic device hidden in his bra, and in full high-definition closeup view of the 500+ million worldwide audience announces in perfect English "Take that, infidels!" and blows up half of Dallas, someone somewhere will still blame the Jews.

Which would still be an improvement upon a normal Black Eyed Peas performance.
boooeee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2011, 01:50 PM   #11
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

Dang it...does this mean we're going to have to build ANOTHER stadium? Good thing Cowboy's Stadium is 30 miles away in Arlington...rather than right down the street in Fair Park (home of the Cotton Bowl) where they thought about building it....That would TOTALLY interfere with my Sunday afternoon nap.
Old 6th February 2011, 02:44 PM   #12
TSR
Illuminator

C'mon, BEP use *two* Jewish terms in their single "I Gotta Feeling." Wake UP, you sheeple! *Obviously* Will I Am is Mossad. And don't even get me started on the Talmudic meaning of "Fergalicious...." K K K kosher, kosher...
TSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2011, 03:57 PM   #13
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Quote:
Taylor notes that for the past 50 years, we have been repeatedly informed that when a nuclear weapon goes off, Martial Law
will be declared.
Ummm, duh. But only in the immediate vicinity of the detonation where it would be absolutely necessary. There would be no reason to declare Martial Law over the whole country. And no reason the government would want to do that.
Old 6th February 2011, 05:25 PM   #14
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Quote:
Taylor notes that for the past 50 years, we have been repeatedly informed that when a nuclear weapon goes off, Martial Lawwill be declared.
Ummm, duh. But only in the immediate vicinity of the detonation where it would be absolutely necessary. There would be no reason to declare Martial Law over the whole country. And no reason the government would want to do that.

Well, that, and I don't really recall any instance, let alone "repeated" instances, of being informed that "Martial law" will be declared "when a nuclear weapon goes off".

Now, Law of the Jungle, that I've seen. But that's not so much "declared" as it is "violently applied".
Old 6th February 2011, 08:38 PM   #15
Travis

I think there is a National Emergency Response Plan dealing with a terrorist nuclear detonation that calls for Martial Law to be implemented in order to secure the safety of survivors who will need to be decontaminated and treated at huge makeshift triage centers.
Old 7th February 2011, 01:04 AM   #16
uk_dave
Philosopher

....... treated at huge makeshift triage centers.
FEMA death camps!
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2011, 01:26 AM   #17
BobHaulk
Muse

the super bowl is the most tedious event in the history of humanity even terrorists couldn't make it any worse
BobHaulk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2011, 08:00 AM   #18
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Someone tell David Taylor that Tom Clancy in "Sum Of All Fears" beat him to it by 20 years..................
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2011, 08:47 AM   #19
Alferd_Packer
Philosopher

Is this thread about Christina Aguilera?
Old 7th February 2011, 08:54 AM   #20
Dog Town
Banned

Yes, Fergie (who does have a great voice) bombed trying to replicate W.Axl Rose, as Slash nailed one of his masterpieces. The rest of halftime was dishwater as well.
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2011, 10:09 AM   #21
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Someone tell David Taylor that Tom Clancy in "Sum Of All Fears" beat him to it by 20 years..................
And Thomas Harris beat him to it in Black Sunday.

The thing I remember most about Sum of All Fears was that the Vikings were playing in that Super Bowl and were winning when the bomb went off. SKOL!
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling

Last edited by CptColumbo; 7th February 2011 at 10:11 AM.
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2011, 10:24 AM   #22
I Ratant
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BobHaulk View Post
the super bowl is the most tedious event in the history of humanity even terrorists couldn't make it any worse
It did lighten the usual mob at the Mall.. all those "fans" couchpotating at home so they wouldn't miss -any- of it!
The paper this morning displaced the usual man-bites-dog story on the front page with something about those steroid-enhanced mutant fat men playing with themselves yesterday.
I Ratant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2011, 11:54 AM   #23
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CptColumbo View Post
And Thomas Harris beat him to it in Black Sunday.

The thing I remember most about Sum of All Fears was that the Vikings were playing in that Super Bowl and were winning when the bomb went off. SKOL!
Agreed,but Clancy specified a Nuke.
That said, still a pathetic performance when a CTer makes a prediction that has been the subject of several sucessful works of fiction.
And the film of "Black Sunday" was much better then the film of "Sum Of All Fears". The acting was much better,Bruce Dern in particular.

Last edited by dudalb; 7th February 2011 at 11:56 AM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2011, 11:55 AM   #24
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

And, once again, a CT kook does not understand what Martial Law is.
Old 7th February 2011, 12:06 PM   #25
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Agreed,but Clancy specified a Nuke.
That said, still a pathetic performance when a CTer makes a prediction that has been the subject of several sucessful works of fiction.
And the film of "Black Sunday" was much better then the film of "Sum Of All Fears". The acting was much better,Bruce Dern in particular.
I really love that movie. Especially the end, which was almost anti-climatic, but was just lacking a denoument.

BTW Harris claimed he was inspired by the Munich Olympics hostage Crisis. So, I'm sure someone will blame the JOOOS.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2011, 12:12 PM   #26
Lisa Simpson

Did I miss it?
Lisa Simpson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2011, 12:34 PM   #27
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Well, Ben Roethlisberger certainly bombed.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2011, 01:01 PM   #28
Juniversal
CIA + FBI + NWO Employee

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Old 7th February 2011, 02:08 PM   #29
I Ratant
Penultimate Amazing

Prolly plugged up after consuming one of the Sloppy Big Ben Roethlisbergers, 138,226 calories!
J f C!
Conspicuous and seriously pointless consumption out the wing-wang!
Old 7th February 2011, 02:14 PM   #30
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

His reputation for being one of the masters of the Two Minute Drill is in freefall.
Of course here in Sacramento much rejoicing since Aaron Rogers is a local kid from Chico. He is going to get a parade when he comes home next week....
Old 7th February 2011, 02:43 PM   #31
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted

Quote:
...the research of David Taylor suggests that there may be a nuclear bomb detonated during Superbowl XVL and if not tomorrow, at a future mass event...
Good God... "if not tomorrow, at a future mass event...". That's so wide open it's practically tautological!
Old 7th February 2011, 04:49 PM   #32
I Ratant
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Alferd_Packer View Post
Is this thread about Christina Aguilera?
I just heard she fluffed the Star Bangled Banner.
That whore!
All the sports-talking heads today on the afternoon noooooss should be tearing her a new one.
Old 7th February 2011, 04:56 PM   #33
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by I Ratant View Post
I just heard she fluffed the Star Bangled Banner.
That whore!
All the sports-talking heads today on the afternoon noooooss should be tearing her a new one.
SO are the entertainment critics....who are saying that a professional who has been in the business as long as she has should not flub it in front of the biggest audience in the world..and I 100% agree.
Old 7th February 2011, 05:44 PM   #34
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by boooeee View Post
Which would still be an improvement upon a normal Black Eyed Peas performance.
Was that a normal performance yesterday? Are they really that lacking in charisma and stagecraft? If not, what the hootenanny is their excuse?

Last edited by Regnad Kcin; 7th February 2011 at 05:48 PM.
Regnad Kcin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2011, 06:55 PM   #35
Travis

No that was not a particularly horrible half time show. I actually kinda liked it.

If you want to see a horrible one check out the stinkfest the Rolling Stones put on a few years back.
Old 7th February 2011, 07:54 PM   #36
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

No that was not a particularly horrible half time show. I actually kinda liked it.

If you want to see a horrible one check out the stinkfest the Rolling Stones put on a few years back.
Yeah, well.
Other than being correct on the Stones, you are one sick puppy if you liked that -- or was I the only one who thought the sound guy fell asleep?
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2011, 05:29 AM   #37
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

I agree with Travis in that it "was not a particularly horrible half time show", I'd just emphasize it as "was not a particularly horrible half time show". I think it's time that people just admit that half-time shows like this are just inherently horrible. They're pompous, over-produced ostentatious displays of corporately-approved egos, that have nothing at all to do with the game.
Old 8th February 2011, 06:23 AM   #38
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

My biggest problem with the Rolling Stones was that the game was in Detroit. IIRC with the exception of Aretha Franklin singing the National Anthem, there was no performance by someone from Motown.
Old 8th February 2011, 10:10 AM   #39
I Ratant
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
I agree with Travis in that it "was not a particularly horrible half time show", I'd just emphasize it as "was not a particularly horrible half time show". I think it's time that people just admit that half-time shows like this are just inherently horrible. They're pompous, over-produced ostentatious displays of corporately-approved egos, that have nothing at all to do with the game.
I thought Janet's boob was appropriate... fit in with the boobs playing the game, and the boobs on the boob tube watching it.
Old 8th February 2011, 10:20 AM   #40
Nosi
Master Poster

The rest of the nation will be under Boob Tube Law, or "Everyone glue to the boob tube 24/7!"

Hiding from the
Nosi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories