ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 23rd March 2011, 04:34 PM   #1
BenBurch
Gatekeeper of The Left

Question The "Obama Is A Cracker" people

OK, almost any time I drive home from work during daylight hours (rare any more) I see these people leafletting to cars in a major intersection wearing signs that say "Obama Is A Cracker" and "Impeach!" and looking like rejects from "The Great White North" or maybe that cousin in "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation."

Do you have them near you? Who are these guys? Is this some sort of weird organized movement?
Old 23rd March 2011, 04:54 PM   #2
thrombus29
Flame War Master and JREF kid

Might be the Larouche people, I think that is their rap.

Targzissians are obviously reptilian
thrombus29 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2011, 04:55 PM   #3
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Could they be Larouchies?

ETA: Thrombus said it first.
Old 23rd March 2011, 05:01 PM   #4
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Looks like probably Larouchies.

http://claycord.com/2010/07/30/obama...him-to-hitler/
Old 23rd March 2011, 05:09 PM   #5
BenBurch
Gatekeeper of The Left

LaRouche is gross.
Old 23rd March 2011, 05:26 PM   #6
thrombus29

Originally Posted by BenBurch View Post
LaRouche is gross.
Gotta give him credit for longevity though, he has been a crackpot with a following since way before the interwebs.

thrombus29 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2011, 04:39 AM   #7
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

It's a plot by Nabisco to sell more crackers!
Old 24th March 2011, 05:39 AM   #8
thrombus29

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
It's a plot by Nabisco to sell more crackers!
It all makes sense to me now, the Keebler elves tree is somewhere at Bohemian grove.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE.

Old 24th March 2011, 06:46 AM   #9
Alferd_Packer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by thrombus29 View Post
It all makes sense to me now, the Keebler elves tree is somewhere at Bohemian grove.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE.
Keebler elves were behind 9/11
Old 24th March 2011, 06:59 AM   #10
Chaos
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Alferd_Packer View Post
That´s what the space reptilians want you to believe.
Chaos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2011, 09:18 AM   #11
TraneWreck
Philosopher

It is true that "they" hate us for our fudge-based cookie technology.
TraneWreck is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2011, 09:48 AM   #12
coalesce
Illuminator

On 9-11, I was walking from the Empire State Building uptown to donate blood at East 67th Street. Right in front of Dag Hammaskjold plaza, and with the towers burning behind me, were two Larouchies at a table asking me to come over and talk. If I could've thought more clearly, I would've belted both the guy and girl right there, but why waste good knuckle sandwiches on the likes of those?

Michael

“Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”
coalesce is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2011, 09:48 AM   #13
Swagomatic
Homer Simpson Analogue

OK, almost any time I drive home from work during daylight hours (rare any more) I see these people leafletting to cars in a major intersection wearing signs that say "Obama Is A Cracker" and "Impeach!" and looking like rejects from "The Great White North" or maybe that cousin in "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation."

Do you have them near you? Who are these guys? Is this some sort of weird organized movement?
About two or three months ago, there was a table set up on the sidewalk in front of the post office I routinely use. I was planning on snapping a picture the next day, but they didn't come back. From the way you describe them, it may have been the exact same people you saw.
Old 24th March 2011, 10:17 AM   #14
The Mutha
thoroughly confused, but valiantly trying...

The Dolly says they routinely hand out flyers at the Junior College she went to for a while. She just laughed at them and kept going...
The Mutha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2011, 01:00 PM   #15
Vorticity
Fluid Mechanic

When I lived in Berkeley, there was routinely a table of Larouchies in front of the entrance to the Center Street BART station. I examined their literature once. My favorite was a large green pamphlet with the title "The Pure Evil of Al Gore." The cover featured a fake image of Gore reviewing Nazi troops with Hitler.
Old 24th March 2011, 01:35 PM   #16
Trakar
Penultimate Amazing

"Cracker," seriously?!
Bush in Black-face maybe, and if we didn't impeach that entire criminal administration, I don't see how we can ever justify using option again.
Trakar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2011, 07:11 PM   #17
BenBurch
Gatekeeper of The Left

Seriously. As if they have no actual concept of what the word "Cracker" means!
Old 24th March 2011, 07:22 PM   #18
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Vorticity View Post
The cover featured a fake image of Gore reviewing Nazi troops with Hitler.
How do you know it was fake?
Old 24th March 2011, 07:31 PM   #19
quixotecoyote
Howling to glory I go

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
How do you know it was fake?
If it was real it would have been Hitler reviewing the troops with Al Gore.
Old 24th March 2011, 08:39 PM   #20
yomero
Graduate Poster

I'm not an American and I don't get it. I know that cracker is a derogatory term for whites from the south. What do these people mean by calling Obama cracker? Is it because Obama doesn't ''know his place as a black''? Is it because he is the president, an office that they consider only rightfully belongs to whites?

Last edited by yomero; 24th March 2011 at 09:36 PM.
yomero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2011, 05:47 AM   #21
IDB87
Illuminator

Obama isn't a cracker.

Right? I mean, he looks humanoid to me..

I'm only familiar with master race pita chips anyway, not peasant crackers.

Old 25th March 2011, 06:03 AM   #22
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Perhaps it is a pejorative meant to accuse Mr. Obama of enjoying a particular style of cocaine.

Or being a connoisseur of plumbers.
Old 26th March 2011, 04:07 AM   #23
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by yomero View Post
I'm not an American and I don't get it. I know that cracker is a derogatory term for whites from the south. What do these people mean by calling Obama cracker? Is it because Obama doesn't ''know his place as a black''? Is it because he is the president, an office that they consider only rightfully belongs to whites?
The only thing to get is that the Larouchies are batdung crazy. There's a madness to their methods. Maybe it's because he's half-white. Maybe it's because they think he's like Hitler. It's probably best to not try too hard to figure out what their "logic" is. They are essentially a cult, with ideas every bit as crazy as a cult. Just do a Google search on "Lyndon Larouche cult".
Old 26th March 2011, 01:31 PM   #24
Darth Rotor
Salted Sith Cynic

Do these odd people perhaps mean to call the President an Oreo?
"Jesus wept, but did He laugh?"--F.H. Buckley____"There is one thing that was too great for God to show us when He walked upon our earth ... His mirth." --Chesterton__"If the barbarian in us is excised, so is our humanity."--D'rok__ "I only use my gun whenever kindness fails."-- Robert Earl Keen__"Sturgeon spares none.". -- The Marquis
Darth Rotor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2011, 02:00 PM   #25
Trakar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darth Rotor View Post
Do these odd people perhaps mean to call the President an Oreo?
Barry? an "oreo?" Nah, don't see it at all. Maybe one of them Little Debbie cream-filled Oatmeal cookies,...I mean, not that I equate firm conservative convictions to be "creamy," nor do I consider liberal affectations to be a moist Oatmeal brownie "cookies," but, I can understand the analogy,...not saying I support and agree with it, but, I can understand it.
Trakar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2011, 04:26 PM   #26
commandlinegamer
Philosopher

I find one of the best ways to criticize nutjobs is by parody. Some funny poem maybe. Now, what rhymes with Larouche?
Old 26th March 2011, 05:25 PM   #27
thrombus29

Originally Posted by commandlinegamer View Post
I find one of the best ways to criticize nutjobs is by parody. Some funny poem maybe. Now, what rhymes with Larouche?
Cartouche?

That's the second thing that comes to mind.

Old 27th March 2011, 04:01 PM   #28
Skeptic
Banned

In front of my college there was usually a LaRouchite table.

They would tell you how paper money is just "worthless Federal Reserve Notes".

Then they would ask for a donation.

Yeah, I know.
Skeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2011, 09:52 PM   #29
Accidental Martyr
Master Poster

My father worked for Keebler for 30 years. He must have been in on it.
Old 29th March 2011, 11:29 PM   #30
Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
Could they be Larouchies?

ETA: Thrombus said it first.
You said it with style.

The government should nationalize it! Socialized, single-payer video game development and sales now! More, cheaper, better games, right? Right?
Beerina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2011, 02:31 AM   #31
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

You know he must be crazy because according to Wikipedia (with citation):

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
In the summer of 2009, LaRouche followers came under criticism from both Democrats and Republicans for comparing President Barack Obama to Hitler. Media figures as politically widespread as Rush Limbaugh and Jon Stewart criticized the comparison
When Rush Limbaugh calls you out for attacking Obama, you know you're a lunatic.

Now I lay me down to sleep, a bag of peanuts at my feet.
If I die before I wake, give them to my brother Jake.
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics