ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 5th April 2011, 10:03 AM   #1
Gamolon
Master Poster

This is the best one yet...

In another forum, I just had someone compare the design of the twin towers to a...

...wait for it...

...A MUFFLER!!!

This is why the explosives on the core columns were not heard!

My sides hurt from laughing... Just thought I'd share.
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2011, 10:09 AM   #2
A W Smith
Philosopher

911 was a cherry bomb glasspack job

executed by 19 muffler men
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Donít get me lolín off my chesterfield dude.

Last edited by A W Smith; 5th April 2011 at 10:12 AM.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2011, 10:19 AM   #3
9/11 Chewy Defense
Banned

Originally Posted by Gamolon View Post
In another forum, I just had someone compare the design of the twin towers to a...

...wait for it...

...A MUFFLER!!!

OMG, that's retarded!
9/11 Chewy Defense is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2011, 10:48 AM   #4
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Wow.

I don't know if that tops my craziest truther:

He's a no-planer who believes there's no way a 767's wing could cut through an I-beam (yes, he thinks the perimeter columns were I-beams). To prove this, we shall set up a 767 wing horizontally and launch an I-beam (on a rocket sled, perhaps) at it, because it doesn't matter which object is moving and the entire mass and speed of the 767 is irrelevant. To demonstrate this he reasons that if you stick your head out of the window of a car moving 80 MPH and your head runs into say, a lamp post, your head will explode just the same as if the lamp post was doing 80 and your head was stationary.

Haven't heard from him in a while. I hope he hasn't been experimenting.
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2011, 12:19 PM   #5
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Well, the towers were longish, metallic objects. You know what else is longish and metallic?

A silencer.

And in this case, they were gigantic. And there were two of them. That's enough silencing power to silence the nuclear hand grenades that were used in the demolition.
Old 5th April 2011, 12:36 PM   #6
Epic
New Blood

I have another instant classic for you. Last week one truther stated that there clearly was smoke generators in WTC7 since there was so much smoke
Epic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2011, 12:48 PM   #7
NoahFence
Banned

Naw...the best one was the bomb at the Pentagon that shot airplane parts from INSIDE the building to the OUTSIDE to account for the wreckage on the lawn.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2011, 12:49 PM   #8
Quad4_72
AI-EE-YAH!

Originally Posted by Epic View Post
I have another instant classic for you. Last week one truther stated that there clearly was smoke generators in WTC7 since there was so much smoke
LOL at smoke generators.
Looks like the one on top has a magazine, thus needs less reloading. Also, the muzzle shroud makes it less likely for a spree killer to burn his hands. The pistol grip makes it more comfortable for the spree killer to shoot. thaiboxerken
Quad4_72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2011, 01:27 PM   #9
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Bill Smith brought smoke generators up here. Good times...
Old 5th April 2011, 01:35 PM   #10
NoahFence
Banned

I forget if it was here or on Facebook, but someone suggested that the collapse of the North Tower was supposed to take down WTC 7 - but it started becoming obvious that it failed. So (ah hem...) "they" proceeded to plan and execute the implosion of WTC 7.

After the North Tower hit it.
While it was on fire.
Planned AND executed it.

And truthers wonder why they're not taken seriously?
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2011, 01:42 PM   #11
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by Quad4_72 View Post
LOL at smoke generators.
Not just smoke generators! Generators that produced smoke faces of the devil!

I believe that was a KKK Clown (AKA Killtown) "discovery"!
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2011, 02:40 PM   #12
Sabretooth
No Ordinary Rabbit

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Naw...the best one was the bomb at the Pentagon that shot airplane parts from INSIDE the building to the OUTSIDE to account for the wreckage on the lawn.
I think this is my favorite. I can't help but imagine a big old canister shooting out plane parts like confetti all over the lawn.

Sabretooth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2011, 04:24 PM   #13
dc1971
Banned

In another forum...
I wouldn't mind catching some wind of this argument. What forum do you refer to?
dc1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2011, 10:40 PM   #14
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

...wait for it...

...A MUFFLER!!!

Wow... that is ten kinds of stupid all in one.
Old 6th April 2011, 02:04 AM   #15
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
To prove this, we shall set up a 767 wing horizontally and launch an I-beam (on a rocket sled, perhaps) at it, because it doesn't matter which object is moving and the entire mass and speed of the 767 is irrelevant.
As long as the wing was restrained at its inboard end, that experiment would be reasonably valid. Of course, the experiment would need careful design so as to be representative of the structure, and your truther would rationalise away the results because the wing would cut the column if the design was correct, but he's right in that it's only relative velocity that matters; there is, in fact, no such thing as absolute velocity, even in classical physics. There will be a slight perturbation from the fact that the wing is anchored to a fixed structure rather than to an airliner, which could react to the impact, but I suspect that the difference would be fairly minor because the elastic response of the wing would be too slow compared to the duration of the impact.

And, to be honest, he's right about the lamp post too. Don't try this at home, kids.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2011, 02:40 AM   #16
CompusMentus
Waiting for the Worms

If we ran a contest for most daft 9/11 CT'er I think Web Fairy would be a major contender. Her output of battiness is staggering. Ie her theory that UAV's disguised as geese planted explosives on the exterior facade of the twin towers on the eve of 9/11. Also that it was a pain-ray fired from helicopters that made the people jump from the buildings.

Compus
Old 6th April 2011, 04:55 AM   #17
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

Personally I think this pile of bullcrap is the most crazy of them all.

And it's forum of twisted funny farm escapees
Calling victims "sims", mocking their photos, laughing at pictures of families crying. PATHETIC
Old 6th April 2011, 05:09 AM   #18
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dash80 View Post

Calling victims "sims", mocking their photos, laughing at pictures of families crying. PATHETIC
From that site:

Quote:
However, the September Clues research has determined that the alleged victims were fictitious identities mostly/or entirely created within the digital realm. The 9/11 hoax - and the phony "War on Terror" - are definitively exposed by method revealed.
Who volunteers to go there and tell them that the "War on Terror" is also a sim? There are no soldiers in Iraq and Afgainstan. Saddam Hussein is still happily ruling Iraq, we have just paid him to keep a low profile.

They have been talking about 'misinformation agents', but perhaps we should take them up on it? Plant some stories that are silly, but still more probable than theirs (should be easy).

Hans
Old 6th April 2011, 05:29 AM   #19
Epic
New Blood

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
Bill Smith brought smoke generators up here. Good times...
Oh, the smoke generators have came up all ready.

I have other ones from same truther. He also argued that the mechanical penthouse of WTC7 did`t fall in to the building. It was cut down to the roof as a bluff. It was clear out at night before and was weakened with grinders. "Just look at the videos, only an idiot would think the penthouse fell into the building".

He also argued that spraying water in to molten metal can`t cause a steam explosion.
Epic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2011, 05:43 AM   #20
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

In the spirit of this thread, September Clues is not funny, or crazy, or whacky. They are sick sacks of fecal matter. And yeah, they rate right up there with Killtown in that category.

Back on topic. Ah, the memories. MaGZ and his pigeon that he insisted was a guided missile was one of my favorites,and we all have fond memories of, what was it again?... 3 inch rebar on 4 foot cores.... but for sheer lunacy have you veterans forgotten about the pterodactyls.

What? Did he say "pterodactyls"? What's that got to do with 9/11??!!

Ha! Read 'em and weap, duhbunkers!

http://www.s8int.com/eyewit22.html

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.

Last edited by Foolmewunz; 6th April 2011 at 05:45 AM.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2011, 06:44 AM   #21
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
In the spirit of this thread, September Clues is not funny, or crazy, or whacky. They are sick sacks of fecal matter. And yeah, they rate right up there with Killtown in that category.

Absolutely, nothing at all funny about these steaming piles of sewage. I still think they are padded cell candidate loons though.

Back on topic. Ah, the memories. MaGZ and his pigeon that he insisted was a guided missile was one of my favorites,and we all have fond memories of, what was it again?... 3 inch rebar on 4 foot cores.... but for sheer lunacy have you veterans forgotten about the pterodactyls.

What? Did he say "pterodactyls"? What's that got to do with 9/11??!!

Ha! Read 'em and weap, duhbunkers!

http://www.s8int.com/eyewit22.html
Oh I'd forgotten about that one. The top secret "flapping missile" or as I'll name it: "Advanced Balistic Pigeon Technology"

As for the pterodactyl... I think that person was smoking something.

Last edited by Dash80; 6th April 2011 at 06:50 AM.
Dash80 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2011, 07:12 AM   #22
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Allow me to remind you all of a certain Carlos Swett.

Hans (runs and hides)
Old 6th April 2011, 07:35 AM   #23
CompusMentus
Waiting for the Worms

I also remember, on a Jim Fetzer web "radio" show with Judy Wood as a guest, a phone-caller suggested that no-one jumped from the WTC but that those poor people were thrown out of the towers by "Israeli black-ops" teams. My first inclination would have been to at least ask the idiot for some type of evidence. Fetzer of course just ummed and arred and let it pass.

*********** sick.

Compus
Old 6th April 2011, 07:48 AM   #24
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

Originally Posted by CompusMentus View Post
I also remember, on a Jim Fetzer web "radio" show with Judy Wood as a guest, a phone-caller suggested that no-one jumped from the WTC but that those poor people were thrown out of the towers by "Israeli black-ops" teams. My first inclination would have been to at least ask the idiot for some type of evidence. Fetzer of course just ummed and arred and let it pass.

*********** sick.

Compus
I'm not sure what is worse, that or claiming the jumpers were CGI.
Old 6th April 2011, 08:10 AM   #25
Gamolon
Master Poster

Originally Posted by dc1971 View Post
I wouldn't mind catching some wind of this argument. What forum do you refer to?
It's the UsMessageBoard, conspiracy section.

Lot's of dumb going on there.

Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2011, 08:16 AM   #26
NoahFence
Banned

Anybody hear the "ball" theory?
Using the single worst quality video they could find, some truthers claimed the 2nd aircraft was a "ball of some sort".

They readily admitted that an aircraft hit the 1st twin tower, the Pentagon and even admitted a plane crashed in Shanksville.

Yet the 2nd plane, the one seen by millions, was fabricated.
Old 6th April 2011, 08:53 AM   #27
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Anybody hear the "ball" theory?
Using the single worst quality video they could find, some truthers claimed the 2nd aircraft was a "ball of some sort".

They readily admitted that an aircraft hit the 1st twin tower, the Pentagon and even admitted a plane crashed in Shanksville.

Yet the 2nd plane, the one seen by millions, was fabricated.
Three words: What the ****!
Old 6th April 2011, 09:30 AM   #28
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

...wait for it...

...A MUFFLER!!!

Yeah...I know that guy from youtube. He also compares it to a silencer, as if they are the same thing. After explaining that mufflers and silencers have their ignitions outside of the actual device and allegedly the WTC bombs were inside the building the dancing commenced. I then pointed out that it would be like a muffler having a backfire and a couple dozens holes drilled in it. That resulted in him making up characteristics of the glass in the WTC. Like every other truther he has locked himself in his own personal thought prison.
Old 6th April 2011, 09:36 AM   #29
Edx
Philosopher

Originally Posted by grandmastershek View Post
Yeah...I know that guy from youtube. He also compares it to a silencer, as if they are the same thing. After explaining that mufflers and silencers have their ignitions outside of the actual device and allegedly the WTC bombs were inside the building the dancing commenced. I then pointed out that it would be like a muffler having a backfire and a couple dozens holes drilled in it. That resulted in him making up characteristics of the glass in the WTC. Like every other truther he has locked himself in his own personal thought prison.

hahah! Is this by any chance a user called infoseeker264 ?

I had a massive long argument over youtube PM's which ended up with him just throwing insults at me and saying he didn't care anymore.

He said that they could have put the explosives in mufflers the same way you can make a silencer for a gun. I told him that silencers only work on projectiles moving slower than the speed of sound and so by definition would never work with high explosives. He didn't get it though.
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2011, 12:42 PM   #30
Dog Town
Banned

Ah, the memories. MaGZ and his pigeon
Always thought it looked like a seagull. But yeah, MaGZ is special, in so many ways.
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2011, 08:18 PM   #31
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
As long as the wing was restrained at its inboard end, that experiment would be reasonably valid. Of course, the experiment would need careful design so as to be representative of the structure, and your truther would rationalise away the results because the wing would cut the column if the design was correct, but he's right in that it's only relative velocity that matters; there is, in fact, no such thing as absolute velocity, even in classical physics. There will be a slight perturbation from the fact that the wing is anchored to a fixed structure rather than to an airliner, which could react to the impact, but I suspect that the difference would be fairly minor because the elastic response of the wing would be too slow compared to the duration of the impact.

And, to be honest, he's right about the lamp post too. Don't try this at home, kids.

Dave
Simple way to make this closer to reality;
Use an actual 767 (or for a less expensive test use a mothballed 707, 727 or DC9) on its wheels and standing still. Use a rocket sled to propel a steel column towards it ( or several columns lined parallel to the wings and linked together at top and bottom)

Then again it may be less of an engineering feat to rocket sled an aircraft at a line of columns rather than the other way about.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2011, 08:21 PM   #32
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dog Town View Post
Always thought it looked like a seagull. But yeah, MaGZ is special, in so many ways.
yeah, the above references to a pigeon threw me. I thought is was more seagull-like myself.

,,, and smoke generators.... whatever did become of bill smith? He owes me a link to a video he swore he would post.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2011, 06:10 AM   #33
CompusMentus
Waiting for the Worms

More currently, it looks like Aldo at CIT is well on his way down the highway to La-la Land (first turning right after the Cloud Cuckoo Motel).

THIS, his last post at the NOC forum, flies through a whole gamut of CT woo including HAARP, chemtrails, mind control, satanism, peadophilia, which brings about.....

Quote:
.....the suppression and subversion of our evidence

:=]

Compus
Old 7th April 2011, 10:28 AM   #34
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Then again it may be less of an engineering feat to rocket sled an aircraft at a line of columns rather than the other way about.
Just get a "truther" to fly the plane (pft/911 must have someone). To be safe, use a couple airbags and seat-belts. The plane's only going to bounce off. Right?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 7th April 2011 at 10:30 AM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th April 2011, 10:42 AM   #35
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Edx View Post
hahah! Is this by any chance a user called infoseeker264 ?

I had a massive long argument over youtube PM's which ended up with him just throwing insults at me and saying he didn't care anymore.

He said that they could have put the explosives in mufflers the same way you can make a silencer for a gun. I told him that silencers only work on projectiles moving slower than the speed of sound and so by definition would never work with high explosives. He didn't get it though.
I am not sure of his chat name. IIRC he also told me the reason explosives didn't register on seismograph was because the columns were cut with thermite so the building was like a giant spring absorbing the shocks; I know, doesn't make sense to me either. May not be the same guy though. After long enough all the kooks just kind of meld together.
Old 12th April 2011, 07:29 AM   #36
Gamolon
Master Poster

Well, I was wrong.

The truthers just "one-upped" themselves. Here is a "Mr. Jones" comparing the collapse of WTC7 to a...

..A HUMAN SKULL!!!!

Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
So you're saying the inside of the building fell down.....??? There was no dustpile coming from the lobby if it did...it would have surely made some kind of deformation on the outside of the building that would have been visable...I again ask you, is it possible for a persons skull to disintegrate without seeing their face look strange?? I mean it's the same concept,...So many parts interconnected in that 47 story building and no visible deformities that suggest what you say is even the slightest bit possible.
Please stop the stupid...

My sides hurt!
Old 12th April 2011, 08:27 AM   #37
I Ratant
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post

Dave
I done that!
On the freeway, on my motorcycle, at 65 mph.
Took a foot off the footpeg, and dragged it on the pavement and over one of the Botts dots!OUCH!
One of the many things in life to do not at all.
I Ratant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2011, 08:30 AM   #38
I Ratant
Penultimate Amazing

I'm not sure what is worse, that or claiming the jumpers were CGI.
There's a video from inside one of the towers before it fell, with the thumps of the bodies hitting the pavement outside.
I Ratant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2011, 08:32 AM   #39
I Ratant
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Just get a "truther" to fly the plane (pft/911 must have someone). To be safe, use a couple airbags and seat-belts. The plane's only going to bounce off. Right?

The 707 NASA crashed didn't bounce harmlessly.
Old 12th April 2011, 04:17 PM   #40
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CompusMentus View Post
More currently, it looks like Aldo at CIT is well on his way down the highway to La-la Land (first turning right after the Cloud Cuckoo Motel).

THIS, his last post at the NOC forum, flies through a whole gamut of CT woo including HAARP, chemtrails, mind control, satanism, peadophilia, which brings about.....

:=]

Compus
Were you really suprised that Aldo is a HAARP conspiracy believer, or believe in the Republican Satanist pedophile ring, or chemtrails?

It was news to me but not suprising in the least.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories