ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bomb , fertilizer

Old 27th March 2004, 09:48 AM   #1
headscratcher4
Philosopher

How to make a fertilizer bomb

http://www.righto.com/anarchy/random.html

after all, it's not rocket science

-- Homer Simpson
headscratcher4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2004, 02:31 AM   #2
epepke
Philosopher

Re: How to make a fertilizer bomb

Quote:
Originally posted by headscratcher4
http://www.righto.com/anarchy/random.html

after all, it's not rocket science
Pretty funny!

Except that nitric acid and cotton (with a little bit of sulfuric acid as a catalyst) will make gun cotton.
epepke is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2004, 02:44 AM   #3
fishbob
Seasonally Disaffected

headscratcher4 - Homeland Security will probably drop by your house tomorrow. Been nice chatting with you, but YOU DON"T KNOW ME, right?
fishbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2004, 07:03 AM   #4
Frank Newgent
Philosopher

Sterling Hall bombing.

Quote:
The 3:40 a.m. attack on Sterling Hall was so powerful, it damaged 26 other buildings. Pieces of the stolen van that contained the ammonium nitrate bomb were found atop an eight-story building three blocks from the blast site.

Howard and his wife were knocked out of bed. Nearby churches lost their windows. Residents 30 miles away were awakened by the sound.

Fassnacht was working through the night to finish a project before leaving on vacation. He planned to go to San Diego the next day with his wife, Stephanie, their 3-year-old son, Chris, and their 1-year-old twin daughters, Heidi and Karin.

Investigators think Armstrong, along with his brother Dwight and accomplices David Fine and Leo Burt, filled a Ford van with fertilizer and jet fuel, drove it to Sterling Hall's loading dock, lighted the fuse and called the police to warn them.

In an interview last week, Armstrong said the attackers had bombed Sterling Hall in the wee hours because they did not want to harm anyone and had assumed the building would be vacant. But Fassnacht was killed and four others injured.
They, informally, named themselves the "New Year's Gang" for an attempted attack on the Badger Ammunition Plant in which the Armstrong brothers hurled unfused gallon mayonaise jars full of fuel oil onto Badger propellant-storage tanks from a stolen Cessna during a New Year's Eve blizzard.
Old 28th March 2004, 08:54 AM   #5
Bikewer
Penultimate Amazing

I was rather confused by the "burning navel lint". Try as I might, I can't get mine to ignite....
Bikewer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2004, 09:35 AM   #6
Pyrrho
Man in Black

*Ahem*

http://www.randi.org/vbulletin/showt...id=37396#rule6

I know it's a joke site.

Let's be careful out there.
Pyrrho is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2004, 10:37 AM   #7
headscratcher4
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbob
headscratcher4 - Homeland Security will probably drop by your house tomorrow. Been nice chatting with you, but YOU DON"T KNOW ME, right?

I suspect that I'm the kind that will crack quickly...

-- Homer Simpson
headscratcher4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2004, 05:27 PM   #8
BobK
Muse

The fact that Pyrrho found it necessary to make a gentle (though not unwarranted) admonition, says something about a change in the public's perception of government snooping these days.
Old 29th March 2004, 07:01 AM   #9
headscratcher4
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally posted by BobK
The fact that Pyrrho found it necessary to make a gentle (though not unwarranted) admonition, says something about a change in the public's perception of government snooping these days.
He's witnessed the way the Bushies operate...

-- Homer Simpson
Old 29th March 2004, 07:36 AM   #10
Agammamon
Graduate Poster

I made a fertilizer bomb out of a firecracker and some dog poop. Wasn't as impressive as I hoped, but it did stink to high heaven.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics