ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags obituaries , osama bin laden

Old 1st May 2011, 09:18 PM   #41
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Originally Posted by LightningTeg View Post
Is it confirmed that it was Navy seals? I wouldnt expect them to even report that. No one is supposed to know where they are
NBC has mentioned it was Special Forces.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 09:22 PM   #42
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

OBL son was killed as well along with a female "human shield"....and two couriers. 2 choppers. one crashed into the compound. no US injuries.

Last edited by Mr.Herbert; 1st May 2011 at 09:23 PM.
Mr.Herbert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 09:22 PM   #43
Howie Felterbush
Bow Tie Daddy

No.

It was our own Longtabber PE.

He got sick of all the candy-assing and went and did it himself.
Howie Felterbush is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 09:22 PM   #44
newton3376
The Truth Movement.....still not at 1%

I saw Navy Seals were mentioned...but that was it......so CAG wasn't involved in this op?

I find that hard to believe......
Old 1st May 2011, 09:27 PM   #45
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by newton3376 View Post
I saw Navy Seals were mentioned...but that was it......so CAG wasn't involved in this op?

I find that hard to believe......
JSOC is what is getting thrown around by the media.
Mr.Herbert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 09:31 PM   #46
sylvan8798
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Mr.Herbert
OBL son was killed as well along with a female "human shield"....and two couriers. 2 choppers. one crashed into the compound. no US injuries.
So in the end he might have hid behind some burqa? Oh, the courage. Ironic enough, I suppose. So much for those virgins.

Polaris (wrt cluelessforum) - Bunch of sewer-chewing douche nozzles.
sylvan8798 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 09:34 PM   #47
Björn Toulouse
Cavitus Rectum

Originally Posted by newton3376 View Post
I saw Navy Seals were mentioned.....

I guess Ventura is happy tonight.

Belisarius
Björn Toulouse is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 09:34 PM   #48
njslim
Graduate Poster

Shooting in head....?

Too quick. Better to have gut shot him so bastard really suffer

Now can we put head on a pike in front of FDNY "TEN HOUSE" ......
njslim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 09:35 PM   #49
newton3376
The Truth Movement.....still not at 1%

Originally Posted by Mr.Herbert View Post
JSOC is what is getting thrown around by the media.
Makes sense.....I was surprised that someone mentioned SEALS but not CAG.

Might have been an op with both Dev group and CAG....but who knows?

Doesn't matter I guess...
Old 1st May 2011, 09:39 PM   #50
njslim
Graduate Poster

Wonder if was crashing chopper was like did during SON TAY prison camp raid
in 1970 ?

"The first team intentionally crash landed a helicopter right in the middle of the camp to get into position as quickly as possible. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_Tay_prison_camp
njslim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 09:53 PM   #51
little grey rabbit
Banned

Although I am sure we will get more details soon enough.

This was how it was reported before it was associated with Osama bin Laden

Quote:
ABBOTABAD:
A helicopter crashed in Abbottabad near the Pakistan Military Academy Kakul late on Sunday night, police sources said.

The chopper was seen flying low before it crashed, locals said. The sound of gunfire and two small blasts was heard before a massive explosion, sources said.

They added that the third blast damaged windowpanes of the area houses. This was stated to be the first incident of its kind in Abbottabad at night.

The sources said the helicopter fell down in a plot in Sikandarbad, a populated area of the city, spreading panic through the neighbourhood.

The sound of the explosion was heard as far afield as 10 kilometres, the sources added.

Published in The Express Tribune, May 2nd, 2011.
http://tribune.com.pk/story/160917/a...-in-abbotabad/

So it looks like Osama was hiding in plain sight near the Pakistan Military Academy!

I see reports of DNA sequence confirmation, but since this took place late Sunday night Pakistan time I assume this is impossible. Or if not literally impossible, highly unlikely in such a short time frame.

It looks like a body was immediately taken to Afghanistan - and it was announced 7:50 am Pakistani time. So they certainly didn't hang around with identification and verification.
little grey rabbit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 09:55 PM   #52
little grey rabbit
Banned

Also by the sound of "massive explosion", it looks like no real attempt was made to capture Osama bin Laden.

Not like the Eichmann capture at all. How hard could it have been to nab someone who lives in a mansion next to a military academy?
little grey rabbit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 09:58 PM   #53
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by Björn Toulouse View Post
I guess Ventura is happy tonight.

They used that proud organization to kill a patsy... with THERMITE PAINT!! And why won't they let me through these gates to see the body. I'm a former governor.
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 10:01 PM   #54
Björn Toulouse
Cavitus Rectum

Originally Posted by little grey rabbit View Post
Not like the Eichmann capture at all. How hard could it have been to nab someone who lives in a mansion next to a military academy?

Gee, your heart really seems to be hemorrhaging. You got a band-aid?

Belisarius
Björn Toulouse is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 10:02 PM   #55
triforcharity
Banned

Also by the sound of "massive explosion", it looks like no real attempt was made to capture Osama bin Laden.

Who cares? Not me. Not most of the posters on this board.

I am glad the President made the decision to give the guys over there the green light to kill that son of a bitch.

*** him. **** anyone who defends him.
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 10:02 PM   #56
little grey rabbit
Banned

Originally Posted by Björn Toulouse View Post
Gee, your heart really seems to be hemorrhaging. You got a band-aid?
Personally I would rather be killed instantly by a missile strike rather than spend a life time in solitary. But tastes may differ.

Israelis are usually fairly proud about capturing and trying Eichmann rather than just shooting him on the spot.
Old 1st May 2011, 10:03 PM   #57
triforcharity
Banned

They BURNED the mansion down!!!!! WOOT!!!!
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 10:04 PM   #58
triforcharity
Banned

Personally I would rather be killed instantly by a missile strike rather than spend a life time in solitary. But tastes may differ.
He kinda was. One bullet to the head. Death instantanious. Bullets are kinda like missles.
Old 1st May 2011, 10:04 PM   #59
CHF
Illuminator

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Let`s see how many people protest in the streets to decry this as a massive fraud. Truthers claim to be billions strong...
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 10:05 PM   #60
Pardalis
Banned

Originally Posted by triforcharity View Post
Bullets are kinda like missles.
So are airplanes.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 10:07 PM   #61
Björn Toulouse
Cavitus Rectum

Israelis are usually fairly proud about capturing and trying Eichmann rather than just shooting him on the spot.

And just how big and bad was Eichmann's army on Garibaldi Street?

Belisarius
Old 1st May 2011, 10:28 PM   #62
tfk
Illuminator

[Hoists a frosty, cold salute to the Special Forces.]

Well done!
tfk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 10:45 PM   #63
The Platypus
Graduate Poster

Million dollar home in the suburbs... So much for the cave dwelling fantasy of the 9/11 traitors...

Always beware of those that overuse, capitalize and blanket themselves in them word "truth". I may not always know the truth, but i do know when i'm being lied too.
The Platypus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 10:45 PM   #64
ProBonoShill
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by triforcharity View Post
who cares? Not me. Not most of the posters on this board.

I am glad the president made the decision to give the guys over there the green light to kill that son of a bitch.

*** him. **** anyone who defends him.
+1000
ProBonoShill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 10:47 PM   #65
Sam.I.Am
Illuminator

Good riddance. Zawahiri is next.

About my avatar.
Sam.I.Am is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 10:48 PM   #66
Pardalis
Banned

Originally Posted by Sam.I.Am View Post
Good riddance. Zawahiri is next.
And he's got a target on his forehead... which shall make this much easier still.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 10:52 PM   #67
TruthMakesPeace
Banned

Why didn't the JSOC take him alive and collect $27 million?

Why didn't any Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) sharp shooters (the best in the world) hit OBL's gun hand and legs, capture him alive, and collect the $25 million reward? Plus, there was an $2 million bonus from the Airline Pilots Association.

Plus, OBL was a potential wealth of Intel about terrorist groups, and capture elusion, through interrogation and cross examination at a trial. Bin Laden walked with a cane. Anyone on JSOC could have outrun him.

The FBI's 10 Most Wanted Terrorists list never charged OBL with 9/11.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten

USAMA BIN LADEN
Murder of U.S. Nationals Outside the United States; Conspiracy to Murder U.S. Nationals Outside the United States; Attack on a Federal Facility Resulting in Death

REWARD: The Rewards For Justice Program, United States Department of State, is offering a reward of up to $25 million for information leading directly to the apprehension or conviction of Usama Bin Laden. An additional $2 million is being offered through a program developed and funded by the Airline Pilots Association and the Air Transport Association.

Usama Bin Laden is wanted in connection with the August 7, 1998, bombings of the United States Embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya. These attacks killed over 200 people. In addition, Bin Laden is a suspect in other terrorist attacks throughout the world.
Bin Laden is the leader of a terrorist organization known as Al-Qaeda, "The Base". He is left-handed and walks with a cane.

Last edited by TruthMakesPeace; 1st May 2011 at 11:31 PM.
TruthMakesPeace is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 10:56 PM   #68
dtugg
Banned

Originally Posted by TruthMakesPeace View Post
Why didn't any Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) sharp shooters (the best in the world) hit OBL in the legs, or use non-lethal technology, capture him alive, and collect the $25 million reward? Plus, there was an $2 million bonus from the Airline Pilots Association.

Plus, OBL was a potential wealth of Intel about terrorist groups, through interrogation and cross examination at a trial.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...e4673dc387.jpg
They are most definitely not eligible for any award.
dtugg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 10:57 PM   #69
Zep
Banned

Why didn't any Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) sharp shooters (the best in the world) hit OBL in the legs, or use non-lethal technology, capture him alive, and collect the $25 million reward? Plus, there was an $2 million bonus from the Airline Pilots Association.

Plus, OBL was a potential wealth of Intel about terrorist groups, through interrogation and cross examination at a trial.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...e4673dc387.jpg
Apparently he started running and hiding behind women and shooting back, and was killed in the crossfire. There didn't seem to be enough time to parley with him and arrange a surrender. Nor to sharpshoot him in the leg, John Wayne style.
Zep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 11:00 PM   #70
therival58
Critical Thinker

now people are going around saying Obama said “I launched the operation tonight which killed Osama Bin Laden,” which of course cannot be, because the media are reporting osama was killed last week and they needed the time to perform a DNA analysis.

I saw the speech but dont recall hearing Obama said the operation was carried out tonight. Can anyone confirm? If its true, thats a big error in whoever wrote the telepromter.

Last edited by therival58; 1st May 2011 at 11:02 PM.
therival58 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 11:05 PM   #71
dtugg
Banned

Originally Posted by therival58 View Post
now people are going around saying Obama said “I launched the operation tonight which killed Osama Bin Laden,” which of course cannot be, because the media are reporting osama was killed last week and they needed the time to perform a DNA analysis.

I saw the speech but dont recall hearing Obama said the operation was carried out tonight. Can anyone confirm? If its true, thats a big error in whoever wrote the telepromter.
That is what he said. It seems much more likely to me that media reports got it wrong.
dtugg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 11:06 PM   #72
Mr.Herbert
Graduate Poster

Here is the part you may be confused about:

Originally Posted by President Obama
And finally, last week, I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action, and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice. Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability. No Americans were harmed. They took care to avoid civilian casualties. After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...sama-bin-laden
Old 1st May 2011, 11:10 PM   #73
therival58
Critical Thinker

Here is the part you may be confused about:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...sama-bin-laden
so the DNA test didnt take that long, then??
therival58 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 11:19 PM   #74
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Why didn't any Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) sharp shooters (the best in the world) hit OBL's gun hand and legs, capture him alive, and collect the $25 million reward? Plus, there was an $2 million bonus from the Airline Pilots Association.

Plus, OBL was a potential wealth of Intel about terrorist groups, through interrogation and cross examination at a trial. Bin Laden walked with a cane. Anyone on JSOC could have outrun him.

... .
UBL was charged with World Wide Terrorism. You failed to make a point and now the moron you apologized for is dead. Who do you apologize for now? UBL took credit for 911, he was proud, are you proud of spreading lies and being wrong about all things 911?

UBL wanted since 1998 for worldwide terrorism; quibble away, spread more lies, it is what you do best, spread false information and delusions, and you failed to support your posts, you run to the next thread post more delusions and then the next.

UBL took credit, you fail to figure out 911 after 9 years. Good job killing UBL, what will 911 truth do now that UBL is gone? Make up more lies.

Last edited by beachnut; 1st May 2011 at 11:21 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 11:26 PM   #75
The Platypus
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
what will 911 truth do now that UBL is gone? Make up more lies.
Yup.

Always beware of those that overuse, capitalize and blanket themselves in them word "truth". I may not always know the truth, but i do know when i'm being lied too.
The Platypus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 11:46 PM   #76
angrysoba
Philosophile

Come on. This is very suspicious. Last week Obama gets out a so-called birth certificate and this week his doppelganger is killed in Pakistan. Ever seen Obama and Osama in the same room? Cui bonos out of this? Obama, that's who!!

And what about all that reward money and how come the FBI said they thought he was like completely innocent and how come Benazir Bhutto said he had been murdered years ago and how come he was played by different actors on You Tube????

[/twoof]
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st May 2011, 11:53 PM   #77
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Bin Laden catches one in the head & lgr mentions Eichmann....

Is it wrong that I laughed & cheered at both?
Old 1st May 2011, 11:56 PM   #78
therival58
Critical Thinker

I'm still wondering - if we are to believe Obama's account of events (or his transcript), then that means the DNA test took less than 24 hours, which I find hard to believe.

I guess we will have to wait and see if the media corrects itself
Old 2nd May 2011, 12:00 AM   #79
dtugg
Banned

I'm still wondering - if we are to believe Obama's account of events (or his transcript), then that means the DNA test took less than 24 hours, which I find hard to believe.

I guess we will have to wait and see if the media corrects itself
I see no reason that they couldn't have taken his body to a military base in Afghanistan and rushed the test. Furthermore, Obama didn't say they used DNA to ID the body. There are more than one way to make a positive ID.
Old 2nd May 2011, 12:00 AM   #80
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Come on. This is very suspicious. Last week Obama gets out a so-called birth certificate and this week his doppelganger is killed in Pakistan. Ever seen Obama and Osama in the same room? Cui bonos out of this? Obama, that's who!!

And what about all that reward money and how come the FBI said they thought he was like completely innocent and how come Benazir Bhutto said he had been murdered years ago and how come he was played by different actors on You Tube????

[/twoof]
Not to mention that Matt & Trey (South Park) has been slipping in the ratings ever since they told the world the troof by pretending to make fun of US!! Obviously someone on the inside fed this story to Obama Co. & they fell for it! This Wed, watch SP for the real story!
[/troof]

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories