ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:08 PM   #1
dvictr
Muse

did the CIA photoshop this image? / does Obama have a seat at the table?

i am very serious about this, im not a PS expert but the people look like cutouts. weird, im looking for a larger/ better quality copy but it appears people got added to this scene, the shadows aren't consistent. the smoking gun may be a picture I saw of Obama watching a basketball game in that same jacket/pose/stare.. umm.. if you visualize the sight of vision of all the people "in the room" they clearly arent looking at the same place. Bizarre

Last edited by dvictr; 3rd May 2011 at 01:13 PM.
dvictr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:13 PM   #2
The Charnel Expanse
Muse

they're actually watching the 2 girls, 1 cup video.

"I nominate The Charnel Expanse as the greatest poster in the history of the Internet." - - johnny karate
The Charnel Expanse is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:17 PM   #3
Alferd_Packer
Philosopher

How are the shadows inconsistant? You have overhead, flourescent lighting.
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:19 PM   #4
calebprime
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Charnel Expanse View Post
That really made me laugh. It's been a long day.
calebprime is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:22 PM   #5
Ausmerican
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Charnel Expanse View Post
That explain Hillarys reaction.
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:28 PM   #6
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dvictr View Post
im not a PS expert
We won't waste our time worrying about it, then.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:29 PM   #7
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

The CIA? No. However, I have it on good authority that the source DID use digital editing to make the papers on the table in front of Hillary unreadable.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:31 PM   #8
dvictr
Muse

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
The CIA? No. However, I have it on good authority that the source DID use digital editing to make the papers on the table in front of Hillary unreadable.
look at the guy at the doorway leaning forward, his face has a strong glare.. now notice the two men around him.. he has the worst quality image facial rendering

and that women at the doorway.. if you look at her blouse/shirt.. there is a faded bluish outline/ghost of the mans arm or abdomen.. but the bomb will be when i find Obama sitting in the exact same position.. hopefully someone in the world will recognize that photo before the CIA takes them all down

Last edited by dvictr; 3rd May 2011 at 01:36 PM.
dvictr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:32 PM   #9
Rat
Not bored. Never bored.

.. if you visualize the sight of vision of all the people "in the room" they clearly arent looking at the same place. Bizarre

http://i.imgur.com/qZEos.jpg
They're all looking in a similar enough direction to be looking at different parts of a large screen.
Rat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:38 PM   #10
dvictr
Muse

Originally Posted by Rat View Post
They're all looking in a similar enough direction to be looking at different parts of a large screen.
yeah if the screen was an IMAX.. Obama is staring at the back of Bidens head, while the man with glasses on the right is looking out the corner of his eye, and the women in the back has no sight
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:40 PM   #11
Checkmite

look at the guy at the doorway leaning forward, his face has a strong glare.. now notice the two men around him.. he has the worst quality image facial rendering

and that women at the doorway.. if you look at her blouse/shirt.. there is a faded bluish outline/ghost of the mans arm or abdomen.. but the bomb will be when i find Obama sitting in the exact same position.. hopefully someone in the world will recognize that photo before the CIA takes them all down
I think you're misinterpreting typical photographic effects.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:41 PM   #12
Professor Yaffle
Butterbeans and Breadcrumbs

Probably be just as easy for them to get that bunch of people together in a room and get them to pretend to watch a screen...
Professor Yaffle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:45 PM   #13
Checkmite

The Situation Room at the White House is typically full of a lot of people at times like this. And yes, peoples' heads will get in the way.

The designers planned for this, however, by installing numerous screens in the room which are all capable of showing the same thing:

Photo of the room

If someone's gaze looks a little "off", it may very well be that at the moment of the photo they were looking elsewhere - at another, easier to see screen, or one of the digital clock displays, or one of any number of other things in the room that displays some kind of information.
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:49 PM   #14
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

Good one, Checkmite. You threw them off the scent. See your regional NWO coordinator for a bonus.

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:50 PM   #15
dvictr
Muse

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
The Situation Room at the White House is typically full of a lot of people at times like this. And yes, peoples' heads will get in the way.

The designers planned for this, however, by installing numerous screens in the room which are all capable of showing the same thing:

Photo of the room

If someone's gaze looks a little "off", it may very well be that at the moment of the photo they were looking elsewhere - at another, easier to see screen, or one of the digital clock displays, or one of any number of other things in the room that displays some kind of information.
is that even the same room? in your link there is room to the right of the table with another row of chairs.. in the OP biden looks pushed up against the wall

these are two different places in addition to the picture being a mashup..

Last edited by dvictr; 3rd May 2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old 3rd May 2011, 02:00 PM   #16
The Charnel Expanse
Muse

Obama is clearly sitting on a toilet.

"I nominate The Charnel Expanse as the greatest poster in the history of the Internet." - - johnny karate
The Charnel Expanse is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 02:03 PM   #17
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

The White House didn't, but everyone else has:

Upchurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 02:03 PM   #18
Sledge
Grammaton Cleric

Originally Posted by Ausmerican View Post
That explain Hillarys reaction.
Military officer: "Ok, you can see here that he's preparing his weapon, one smooth back and forward movement of the hand and he's ready go. Lining up... on target. One shot to the face and it's all over. Ok, that's enough of the Oval Office footage of Bill and Monica, over to the feed from Pakistan."

"Science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop" ~ Dara O'Briain.
Sledge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 02:21 PM   #19
Crazycowbob
Bovine Overlord

I'm confused... Why would the CIA or any other official agency want to add people to this image, assuming it was altered? Are you saying someone saw this picture, and said "hey, we need a goofy looking guy in the back put in before this goes out, or all hell is going to break loose! And add Obama in there too, if the public doesn't see him, they'll figure out he's really just a robot we keep in the basement. Get on it people!"?
Old 3rd May 2011, 02:25 PM   #20
The Charnel Expanse
Muse

Originally Posted by Crazycowbob View Post
I'm confused... Why would the CIA or any other official agency want to add people to this image, assuming it was altered? Are you saying someone saw this picture, and said "hey, we need a goofy looking guy in the back put in before this goes out, or all hell is going to break loose! And add Obama in there too, if the public doesn't see him, they'll figure out he's really just a robot we keep in the basement. Get on it people!"?
it's dvictr. just [t]roll with it.

Last edited by The Charnel Expanse; 3rd May 2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 3rd May 2011, 02:26 PM   #21
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Why bother to suggest a need to photoshop the picture? I can see only two women and one black person in the photo. Yet about 50% of the population are female. It is still a white, male dominated country.
rjh01 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 02:28 PM   #22
The Charnel Expanse
Muse

How come nobody's thought to photoshop a copy of My Pet Goat into the pic?

Old 3rd May 2011, 02:32 PM   #23
Hans
Philosopher

Well just to be ahead of the knuts on ATS I suspect they will find the blank wall on the left of the picture suspicious - that is where the puppet masters were, either aliens, reptiles or [insert favourite human group that controls the world]. That is what was deleted!!

LOL
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 02:39 PM   #24
geni
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

im looking for a larger/ better quality copy
full size here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whiteho...n/photostream/
geni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 02:49 PM   #25
Biscuit
Philosopher

Originally Posted by geni View Post
Neat. Now there are 2 very strange things going on.

1. Gen. Webb isnt even watching! Probably checking his AOL account.

2. What the hell are John Lithgow and Ray Ramano doing in the situation room? (left and right of the guy behind Gen. Webb)
Old 3rd May 2011, 04:27 PM   #26
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Or it might be her jacket.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 05:18 PM   #27
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Or it might be her jacket.
That's just crazy talk.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 05:24 PM   #28
Ausmerican
Illuminator

Yup cos no-one ever sits the same way twice! Nor wears the same jacket again!
Old 3rd May 2011, 05:41 PM   #29
Athyrio
Hipster Doofus

is that even the same room? in your link there is room to the right of the table with another row of chairs.. in the OP biden looks pushed up against the wall

these are two different places in addition to the picture being a mashup..

Ah - a pronouncement.

Well, that cinches it. This whole "Bin Laden is dead" schtick has been outed by the discovery of a doctored photo.

This is why you posted this, right?

Well done, dvictr. No one else would have taken the time and effort to have studied that photo so seriously.
Old 3rd May 2011, 06:04 PM   #30
EventHorizon
Atheist Tergiversator

It must be weird to live the life of someone who thinks nothing is real. How do you know the food you're eating is real? Maybe it's just some kind of government planted mind control poison, shaped and genetically altered to look and taste like food!
Old 3rd May 2011, 06:09 PM   #31
BeAChooser
Banned

All I have to say is surely they could find a bigger room than that for this important gathering.
BeAChooser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 06:12 PM   #32
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

dvictr you should take up Apollo moon landing photo analysis; you're a natural
Old 3rd May 2011, 06:15 PM   #33
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
It must be weird to live the life of someone who thinks nothing is real. How do you know the food you're eating is real? Maybe it's just some kind of government planted mind control poison, shaped and genetically altered to look and taste like food!

(Note to mods, XKCD allows and provides hotlinking)

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

Last edited by PhantomWolf; 3rd May 2011 at 06:17 PM.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 07:02 PM   #34
triforcharity
Banned

Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
All I have to say is surely they could find a bigger room than that for this important gathering.
It's not like they invited a ton of press, and the neighbors, the in-laws, and the town mayor to the event.
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 07:18 PM   #35
BeAChooser
Banned

Originally Posted by triforcharity View Post
It's not like they invited a ton of press, and the neighbors, the in-laws, and the town mayor to the event.
No, but it still looks mighty crowded. Surely they have situation rooms that are bigger than that?
BeAChooser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 07:19 PM   #36
Accidental Martyr
Master Poster

I don't understand the point of faking the photo. Oh wait, this is another worthless dvictr joke thread which should be moved to Humor. Never mind.
Old 3rd May 2011, 07:22 PM   #37
geni
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
No, but it still looks mighty crowded. Surely they have situation rooms that are bigger than that?
Not at the whitehouse. It's a standing problem for goverments that haven't had their buildings bombed flat recently. They don't scale well so they tend to be cramped and since they are in constant use making alterations is tricky. Tradition makes it difficult for them to move out to a new HQ though.
geni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 07:52 PM   #38
eeyore1954
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
ThanK You
It was funny.
eeyore1954 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2011, 08:11 PM   #39
BeAChooser
Banned

Not at the whitehouse. It's a standing problem for goverments that haven't had their buildings bombed flat recently. They don't scale well so they tend to be cramped and since they are in constant use making alterations is tricky. Tradition makes it difficult for them to move out to a new HQ though.
Well the article states that the photo is from the White House situation room. And according to this,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_Situation_Room

the Situation Room is a "5,000-square-foot conference room". That's MUCH bigger than what we see in the subject photo. Here's wikipedia's photo of the situation room:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ay_18_2007.jpg

And here's another photo of it:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ation_Room.jpg

Looks to be a lot bigger than one would think based on the picture released of Obama and company crowding together to watch the bin Laden raid. So I hate to tell you but this looks to me to be a completely staged photo (nah, that NEVER happens ). Surely the President and the most important advisors weren't sitting at the far end of that long table far away from the television monitors? And surely, given that seating, Obama could have gotten a seat at the table closer to the TVs. He is President, after all. That's got to count for something. But given that photo, there must have been a lot more people in the meeting, and almost all of them got better seats than Obama. Why it's a wonder he wasn't standing where the short women in the background was standing.
Old 3rd May 2011, 08:25 PM   #40
dvictr
Muse

still doesnt explain how this is NOT the situation room... too small

notice where Obama and Biden are sitting, there should more space back there.. like the second photo where there is another row of chairs

Last edited by dvictr; 3rd May 2011 at 08:37 PM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories