ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Old 12th June 2011, 08:24 PM   #201
mustbeso
Thinker

It is clear from this episode of Finding Bigfoot ( they didn't) that all of these shows will follow the same pattern with exactly the same result. The interview with Mike Green does make it clear that the Darth Vader breath and the Zagnut induced thermal images did occur on the same night but at different times. Mike Green, in my opinion, is just a huckster and probably has had many discussions with Moneymaker on how to do just that. It remains amazing that they can describe so many behaviors and attitudes to bigfoot without one speck of real, physical evidennce and have it reported as fact by what I once considered a reliable source. As I think about it, maybe it is just the result of all these thousands(?) of reality shows we are now saddled with and this is all we can now expect. I have heard several people in my own area describe some of this nonsense as presenting a balanced proposition. Incedible!
mustbeso is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2011, 08:26 PM   #202
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

The show gets nuttier each time...

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2011, 08:27 PM   #203
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

MM said that power line cuts are sasquatch highways...

LTC8K6 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2011, 08:56 PM   #204
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

They found a deer carcass, and MM is making extreme efforts to claim it was killed by bigfoot.

Old 12th June 2011, 09:06 PM   #205
HarryHenderson
Muse

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
The term 'highway' referring to...swift and easy passage? Okay so why not simply stake out some prime cut somewhere up in BFE and wait for 'em to wander by? Oh that's right, there is no Bigfoot.
Old 12th June 2011, 09:16 PM   #206
xblade
Muse

Quote:
Which leads one to ask, why aren't they staking out these power line cuts?

They exactly duplicate the thermal video with Bobo, then claim it must be a young squatch, since Bobo was just as big...
At the end of the show, the skeptic was saying that it looks like a person, and Green said you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the video because it's so rare to get video of bigfoot. Pathetic.

This show is good for a few laughs though. Bobo crawling on all fours was comedy gold, lol.

One part had pictures of mud footprints on pavement. You'd have to have quite a bit of mud on your feet to leave those prints. If the area was that muddy, doesn't it make sense that there would be footprints in the yard/mud, or somewhere close by as well?

Last edited by xblade; 12th June 2011 at 09:18 PM.
xblade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2011, 09:18 PM   #207
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Well, MM only said it to justify the appearance of a sasquatch at the house, imo. To make the account seem more believeable.

There were power line towers nearby.

The two muddy squatch prints in the middle of the pavement, with a 12 foot stride, were just icing on the cake.

No mention of any tracks where the squatch got it's feet muddy...

Old 12th June 2011, 09:23 PM   #208
xblade
Muse

Well, MM only said it to justify the appearance of a sasquatch at the house, imo. To make the account seem more believeable.

There were power line towers nearby.

The two muddy squatch prints in the middle of the pavement, with a 12 foot stride, were just icing on the cake.

No mention of any tracks where the squatch got it's feet muddy...
Yeah, I know, that's my point. And why just two prints on the pavement? Did squatchy jump through a teleportation portal or something, lol? Maybe that's why he was running. He had to get there before it closed.
xblade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2011, 09:27 PM   #209
xblade
Muse

After watching the show tonight, something occurred to me that I hadn't really noticed before...apparently, only white people see and believe in bigfoot.
Old 12th June 2011, 09:38 PM   #210
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

That is a very bizarre foot shape.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gibson-bigfoot2.jpg (44.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg gibson-bigfoot.jpg (56.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg lmlh9d-lmlh8fbigfoot1.jpg (29.0 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg lmlh9d-lmlh8hbigfoot2.jpg (26.9 KB, 103 views)
Old 12th June 2011, 10:00 PM   #211
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

They are both left feet.

Old 12th June 2011, 10:29 PM   #212
xblade
Muse

They are both left feet.
Good catch. Maybe only one foot was muddy.
Old 13th June 2011, 03:35 AM   #213
Drewbot
Illuminator

The thermal image that Cliff got of Matt M. chasing the Bigfoot up the hill was of Bobo and the skeptic, or the crew, on the hill. if you go to the part where MM takes off towards it, there are TWO figures in the video, one is behind MM, and the other is walking across hill. They make no mention of the second figure. I'd guess it was too obviously a person to feature on the show.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2011, 03:39 AM   #214
Drewbot
Illuminator

Oh, and Bobo says basically 'they get on all fours to imitate bear' What would be the point of that?
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2011, 03:52 AM   #215
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Oh, and Bobo says basically 'they get on all fours to imitate bear' What would be the point of that?
To explain why people who see bears think they see bigfoot?

Or in this case, maybe it should be bogfoot...? Or just lefty...

Old 13th June 2011, 03:52 AM   #216
jhunter1163
Beer-swilling semiliterate

The show gets nuttier each time...
Maybe they should try Payday bars instead of Zagnuts.
jhunter1163 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2011, 04:21 AM   #217
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

I hear knobby likes baby ruth bars...

Old 13th June 2011, 04:46 AM   #218
Drewbot
Illuminator

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/f...-at-night.html

At 27 seconds, check this video out. Sorry about the ads, but it is the only one I could find.

You will see two clothed people walking right to left, in addition to MM in the foreground walking toward them. They make no mention of the two beasts walking in front of them. Only one. The second figure is beyond MM, so they might think no one would notice the 2nd figure.

I think it is Bobo and 'The Skeptic'
Old 13th June 2011, 06:40 AM   #219
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

On Cryptomundo...

Originally Posted by Matt Moneymaker
BTW, the thing I ran after up the hill was a human ó someone who was sneaking around us in the woods trying to watch the production in progress. I said so repeatedly and vehemently at the time, for the cameras, but they edited out all of that in order to make it seem unclear what I was chasing after.

I was the only one who got a good look at it through a thermal. It was quite clear that it was person wearing clothes and struggling to flank the hillside. The video they showed was substituted in (as they typically do), and wasnít anything like what I saw.

The production people did not have my thermal imager plugged into the recorder when that happened, but I donít think they would have used the footage anyway. It would have clearly showed that I was right about that Ö but they were trying to make it look as though I was wrong about it.
Old 13th June 2011, 06:46 AM   #220
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

They are both left feet.

Old 13th June 2011, 06:52 AM   #221
Drewbot
Illuminator

MM's explanation is that it was substituted footage, so the second figure could have been Bobo and Renae or some other duo walking around that the production crew recorded, and put into the scene at that point.
Old 13th June 2011, 07:14 AM   #222
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Drew, I didn't see the program but watched your video link. MM told Cryptomundo that there was a person there who was not part of the production... a stranger... an interloper... a human.

I think this is what we see at 9 seconds. "Something caught our attention... who is that up there?... there's something on the hill... wow, did I just see a Sasquatch?..."

Aren't they talking about the stranger up on the hill?
Old 13th June 2011, 07:17 AM   #223
Drewbot
Illuminator

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Drew, I didn't see the program but watched your video link. MM told Cryptomundo that there was a person there who was not part of the production... a stranger... an interloper... a human.

I think this is what we see at 9 seconds. "Something caught our attention... who is that up there?... there's something on the hill... wow, did I just see a Sasquatch?..."

Aren't they talking about the stranger up on the hill?
No, in the show, they make it out like it is a sasquatch.
Old 13th June 2011, 07:22 AM   #224
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by xblade View Post
After watching the show tonight, something occurred to me that I hadn't really noticed before...apparently, only white people see and believe in bigfoot.
That's a point. I wonder why?
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2011, 07:25 AM   #225
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

No, in the show, they make it out like it is a sasquatch.
No? What do you mean?

At first they probably thought the stranger was a Bigfoot and they talked about it as if it was one. Then MM charges forward and sees that it is a person. He announces that it is a person but the producers cut out the part where he tells everyone it's a guy on the hill.

What am I missing?
Old 13th June 2011, 07:32 AM   #226
Drewbot
Illuminator

I don't know where you see that he says it was a person, until the Cryptomundo posting.

In the show, he thinks it is a squatch.
Old 13th June 2011, 07:35 AM   #227
Drewbot
Illuminator

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
No? What do you mean?

At first they probably thought the stranger was a Bigfoot and they talked about it as if it was one. Then MM charges forward and sees that it is a person. He announces that it is a person but the producers cut out the part where he tells everyone it's a guy on the hill.

What am I missing?
The producers must have cut out the part where he says it was a person, we agree there. I don't know what you are missing.

He says on Crypto mundo he told everyone it was a person but it was cut out.

I'm saying the footage they spliced in could have been any stock footage that the crew had on hand of two people walking in the dark.
Old 13th June 2011, 07:36 AM   #228
Drewbot
Illuminator

Oh, I see what you are saying, the video is contradicting his Cryptomundo posting.
What did they see that caused them to say IS THAT A SQUATCH?
Old 13th June 2011, 07:38 AM   #229
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

I don't know where you see that he says it was a person, until the Cryptomundo posting.

In the show, he thinks it is a squatch.
It's the same situation as the horse. The producers cut out dialogue where they say it was a horse. The producers cut out dialogue where they (MM) says it's a dude on the hill.

The producers never let the viewers hear when MM switches from thinking it's a Bigfoot to declaring that it's a guy.
Old 13th June 2011, 07:43 AM   #230
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

I'm saying the footage they spliced in could have been any stock footage that the crew had on hand of two people walking in the dark.
Why use stock footage? The producers just use what they filmed right there and edit the hell out of it.

Quote:
What did they see that caused them to say IS THAT A SQUATCH?
The stranger up on the hill.
Old 13th June 2011, 07:43 AM   #231
Drewbot
Illuminator

Exactly

Except the producers could use any Night vision footage they have, or had taken that night. They used footage of MM + Two people, and he makes no mention of two creatures/people up on that hill. So they edited in some footage of MM + Bobo and Renae or something like that, and didn't think anyone would see the second person.

Last edited by Drewbot; 13th June 2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 13th June 2011, 07:50 AM   #232
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

I can't make sense out of what you are saying. The stranger was never walking next to any of the cast. He was away from them up the hill. MM chased after this person but he ran away.

Last edited by William Parcher; 13th June 2011 at 07:51 AM.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2011, 08:24 AM   #233
Drewbot
Illuminator

Right, but the footage they show is not of that situation. The footage is of him chasing after two people.
Old 13th June 2011, 08:45 AM   #234
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Right, but the footage they show is not of that situation. The footage is of him chasing after two people.
You are talking about the 27 second mark, right? Three people can be seen moving up the hill. MM is in the lead and he is pursuing the "Bigfoot" which is much further up the hill and is not in the camera's field of view. I'm not confused or misled about what I am seeing here.
Old 13th June 2011, 09:02 AM   #235
mustbeso
Thinker

Parcher is right about the sequence at 27 seconds, what they are chasing is well out of the frame but the editing is confusing. This segment, taken as a whole, does make it clear that at least Cliff believes they are hot on the trail of bigfoot. The thing with the cameras on sticks confuses the issue for me and the pretend hissy fit from Renae about lack of communication is pure reality show nonsense. They do appear to be adding a bit of skeptical input into Renae's character though. Must be good for business.
mustbeso is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2011, 09:06 AM   #236
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

This is what I am seeing at about 27 sec. The "Bigfoot" is either behind the hilltop ridge (dark violet) or way off to the left.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB thermal.jpg (20.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 13th June 2011, 09:24 AM   #237
Drewbot
Illuminator

I take it to be this:
MATT is the figure you have as BOBO, the thing on the left is the thing Matt is going to chase, and the thing on the right is not supposed to be there, it's supposed to be blocked out by the orange thing on the right.

This is the Generic footage that the producers put in, that Matt is upset about. They didn't record his actual thing on the night vision, so they put this in, to make you think he is in hot pursuit of the Bigfoot.

Last edited by Drewbot; 13th June 2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 13th June 2011, 09:28 AM   #238
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by mustbeso View Post
The thing with the cameras on sticks confuses the issue for me and the pretend hissy fit from Renae about lack of communication is pure reality show nonsense. They do appear to be adding a bit of skeptical input into Renae's character though. Must be good for business.
The "sage advice" brow-beating that Ranae and Bobo give to Matt is wrong. Matt's response to them is correct. A Bigfoot hunter with a recording thermal cam is correct to rush at the Bigfoot in order to close the distance allowing the camera to capture more detailed views. This is how you go from distant crappy thermal blur to precise recorded imagery.

Ranae was not skeptical at all because her entire dialogue (in the clip) is based on the figure being a genuine Bigfoot. If she was a critical thinking skeptic she would encourage Matt to chase down the subject to confirm that it was indeed a dude.
Old 13th June 2011, 09:31 AM   #239
Drewbot
Illuminator

I agree with that, however, if they truly know there is no Bigfoot, then one of the most likely options is that he is charging an armed hunter in the middle of the night.
Old 13th June 2011, 09:44 AM   #240
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

I take it to be this:
MATT is the figure you have as BOBO, the thing on the left is the thing Matt is going to chase, and the thing on the right is not supposed to be there, it's supposed to be blocked out by the orange thing on the right.

This is the Generic footage that the producers put in, that Matt is upset about. They didn't record his actual thing on the night vision, so they put this in, to make you think he is in hot pursuit of the Bigfoot.
I have a different take: Matt is primarily angry because they cut out the part where he tells everyone that it was clearly a guy. He is frustrated that his camera wasn't recording because it did show that it was clearly a guy. He is further pissed that they used the footage at the 9 sec mark which shows an ambiguous biped instead of what would have been clearly a guy through his camera. He isn't really mad that they showed the three crew members pursuing the figure.

Quote:
I was the only one who got a good look at it through a thermal. It was quite clear that it was person wearing clothes and struggling to flank the hillside. The video they showed was substituted in (as they typically do), and wasnít anything like what I saw.
He's talking about them substituting in the 9 sec mark figure.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal